Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excellent tenant

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Dublin City Council advising someone to overhold is an absolute disgrace!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Steer55 wrote: »
    How do you manage when you get Ill living in such a remote place? Is it difficult to access a hospital should you need medical care? Few would chance living so remotely especially during their advancing years

Quite the contrary. Many old folk live on the islands and we have excellent medical care access. NB I am long term ill/disabled and not a worry.
    A dr comes frequently and at need in urgent need, and we have a nurse

And in accident or dire need? The Air Ambulance comes in. We have a helipad and to hospital far faster than by road . Far faster!

I have lived over 30 years in remote/island place, here and in Scotland and never a worry . Always excellent medical cover

beauf wrote: »
    It's going to be increasing problem not just for older people but families etc as smaller LL are replace with "professional" LLs people will be priced out of the areas they know and will have to relocate further away.

I have lived perforce in 7 counties in less than 20 years with 10 moves. Easier for single and old than for families. Has been getting harder for many years . Am hoping that now I am a council tenant this will be stability. Leaving Kerry was the hardest thing of it all; I was so happy and settled there. My landlord was so upset; he could hardly get the words out to tell me he had to sell.

I check daft ie out of interest. Does not get easier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

Good on you OP. It's nice to know there are still nice people out there. Life can make you cynical. Really hope this gentleman gets sorted out.

OP; any news please?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Steer55

How do people currently live in the country side ?

I used to live in the countryside, 39 km from nearest hospital, not a centre of excellence. Sold up to move to city to be near better health care facilities and better amenities. It is very important to me to have all the services of the city at my doorstep.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 BigVanVador

Dublin City Council advising someone to overhold is an absolute disgrace!

I just went through hell to get a tenant out for non payment of rent. She had contacted TD's and councillors that told her the same. She stole most of my furniture, thrashed the place, owes me over 4k and left enough rubbish to fill a skip. It's put me off renting it again.

Advertisement