Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Damien Duff. He's a negative cynical, demeanour about him, like an oul fella 80 rather than a 41 year old. Know it all. Big chip on his shoulder about GAA even though he benefitted from playing there when they opened Croke Park. I used like him. I know it's all very 'explicaple' but you don't 'inexplicably' dislike anyone. There's always some reason, even if it's gut feeling.

I find Duff a total moan. I like Sadlier etc.

When he was on the coaching team of Shamrock Rovers my son was mascot for the other team. We were allowed into the dressing rooms and he built up the courage to ask him for a photo. Damien duff barely grunted and head of him in the picture. He sat for the match like a teenager that didn't wanna be there.
    So yes can agree why to dislike someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

Damien Duff. He's a negative cynical, demeanour about him, like an oul fella 80 rather than a 41 year old. Know it all. Big chip on his shoulder about GAA even though he benefitted from playing there when they opened Croke Park. I used like him. I know it's all very 'explicaple' but you don't 'inexplicably' dislike anyone. There's always some reason, even if it's gut feeling.

A soul leech. Sucks the life out of me when he's on TV. Remember the tennis ball protest during the Irish game a couple of years ago. He gave out stink about the fans then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

RTE's main entertainment page 'tried' to do the 'ah she was misinformed, the poor pet-bless her'... then very quickly edited the article to show they were in no way supporting her. From the first posting to the edit, didn't take them an hour.

Even RTE's current 'woke' editorial knew not to wade into that cesspit.

Also, setting her followers on a reporter, whilst pushing this 'be kind' narrative... it shows you what a reprehensible, disgusting shell of a human she truly is.

Probably one of her dose arse lick friends wrote it for her after a lie filled poor me text from her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,800 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Duff had his tongue very much embedded in John Delaney's rectum. Wouldn't hear a bad thing said against him.
    Richie Sadler was the exact opposite.

And the thing about Duff was, he played fine when he was with Ireland (tho he had only one stellar year, the rest were average).
    His club games tho... he was no standout.

He had a bad run of injuries, knee was fûcked and I think a foot issue too... Mourinho and him didn’t see eye to eye almost from the get go.

Ended up at Newcastle which was a massive step down from a team challenging and winning the Premier League to a team struggling to stay in the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

Don Wycherley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭Phil.x

Everyone in the greenparty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

cj maxx wrote: »
    Pep Guardiola. He just annoys the sh1te out of me

He's a ride, but so annoying. Still would though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭cms88

A lot of soccer and Rugby people have always had am issue with the GAA but were perfectly happy to use Croke Park. They were also perfectly happen to have GAA stadiums in their bid for the Rugby World Cup as well.

cms88 wrote: »
    A lot of soccer and Rugby people have always had am issue with the GAA but were perfectly happy to use Croke Park. They were also perfectly happen to have GAA stadiums in their bid for the Rugby World Cup as well.

Few things more tedious than a bitter League of Ireland ‘football man’ shítting on about the GAA and bog ball. Really puts off the more casual sports fan from getting interested in their local club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,513 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I'm sure the GAA were happy to have them included as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,170 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Hozier ( actually I know exactly why I can't stand the mopey woke tosspot)

I nearly vomited a while back when it was suggested by an Irish female comedian that all Irish men should be like hosier.

Jesus Christ woman we’d be invaded again

Few things more tedious than a bitter League of Ireland ‘football man’ shítting on about the GAA and bog ball. Really puts off the more casual sports fan from getting interested in their local club.

That's one of the biggest issues with the LOI imo

I nearly vomited a while back when it was suggested by an Irish female comedian that all Irish men should be like hosier.

Jesus Christ woman we’d be invaded again

Maybe it was a joke...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Or the Gah as they call it.

Although I see less of them calling it the Grab All Association now since Delaney left town.

Croke Park were happy for them to use it. It was a business transaction that benefitted both parties ..It provided a welcome revenue stream for the gaa and was good PR....which they needed.

“Any member of the Association who plays or encourages in any way rugby, football, hockey or any imported game which is calculated to injuriously affect our National Pastimes, is suspended from the Association.” That was the original rule.

Back in the day, the gaa even sent spotters to soccer and rugby matches, to try and see any of their own gang in attendance... mad, North Korea shît.

I don’t find duff as a brilliant pundit but he’d be spot on there... great 100% player too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭External Association

Strumms wrote: »
    Croke Park were happy for them to use it. It was a business transaction that benefitted both parties ..It provided a welcome revenue stream for the gaa and was good PR....which they needed.

“Any member of the Association who plays or encourages in any way rugby, football, hockey or any imported game which is calculated to injuriously affect our National Pastimes, is suspended from the Association.” That was the original rule.

Back in the day, the gaa even sent spotters to soccer and rugby matches, to try and see any of their own gang in attendance... mad, North Korea shît.

I don’t find duff as a brilliant pundit but he’d be spot on there... great 100% player too.

He went on a rant about the Liam Miller, RIP, testimonial, as if the GAA were obliged to open Pairc Uí Chaoimh without any consultation.

The ban is not that simple and it's disingenuous to imply that. The GAA was part of the Gaelic revival, formed in 1884 and nationalist in sympathy, with many IRB members etc. The ban was a protective measure against spies etc. The Northern situation resulted in it lasting so long.

Elton Welsby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Don Wycherley

He's funny in the Galway races thing that was on TG4, think a bit too much of the Actorrr vibe coming off him though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Elton Welsby

Unfortunate name

• Advertisement

There is a real blast from the past... haven’t seen or heard him in an age....

Here he is now...

BqqHSofCYAEu4Qp.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,359 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Maybe it was a joke...

I think I know the comedian he's mentioning.

She doesn't do 'jokes'-she does 'lectures'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,731 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

He went on a rant about the Liam Miller, RIP, testimonial, as if the GAA were obliged to open Pairc Uí Chaoimh without any consultation.

The ban is not that simple and it's disingenuous to imply that. The GAA was part of the Gaelic revival, formed in 1884 and nationalist in sympathy, with many IRB members etc. The ban was a protective measure against spies etc. The Northern situation resulted in it lasting so long.

Himself and Kenny went to print on that event, excoriating the Gaa for something they had nothing to do with.

Despicable behaviour from himself and Kenny.

Ciaran Mullooly

• Registered Users Posts: 44 little bit of help

Ciaran Mullooly

I always think he says his name "Ciara Mullooly" never hear the n!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭John arse

me too!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭Hamachi

Jennifer O’Connell, who writes for the Irish Times.

I know nothing about her and never read her articles. I find her inordinately high forehead very off putting.

Then I scroll down and see Una Mulally’s bulldog chewing on a nettle visage, which prompts an involuntary shudder and a rapid click to more entertaining news outlets.

Hamachi wrote: »
    Jennifer O’Connell, who writes for the Irish Times.

I know nothing about her and never read her articles. I find her inordinately high forehead very off putting.

Then I scroll down and see Una Mulally’s bulldog chewing on a nettle visage, which prompts an involuntary shudder and a rapid click to more entertaining news outlets.

Yes, I’d agree on Una Mullally.

I remember she herself used to post on the hotpress message board back about however many years ago... hyper opinionated, and not at all tolerant of opinions that were not in keeping with hers. Not very open minded or willing to show understanding or empathy with differing viewpoints , she was woke before that term existed too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Una Mullalys Irish Times bio picture makes her look like a cross between Myra Hindley and Squeaky Fromme.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Lucy Kennedy. She’s ignorant arrogant and completely talentless. She’s ruined Classic Hits morning show. Just the sound of her voice makes me want to claw my own eyes out.

Gerry Ryan (Rip) was a smug git , and now his daughter is equally as smug

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,104 ✭✭✭amacca

That's because he does

I'm happy to confirm you are 100% correct and relieved I'm not just imagining things.

Lucy Kennedy. She’s ignorant arrogant and completely talentless. She’s ruined Classic Hits morning show. Just the sound of her voice makes me want to claw my own eyes out.

Haha I had some very similar thoughts on her too earlier in the thread!

Yeah I’ll be honest I was delighted when she moved from Nova - had singlehandedly ruined the morning slot for years. I’m a tad bewildered as to how they got the gig on Classic Hits (a bigger station) when I’ve never heard anyone say a single positive thing about that show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

John Oliver. Classic smuggy, highbrow little weasel. Same thing every time - Look at how stupid this person is, act shocked and confused (despite it all being pre-scripted), mock that person, repeat. The giddiness he gets from feeling superior to others is pretty sickening.

guitarzero wrote: »
    John Oliver. Classic smuggy, highbrow little weasel. Same thing every time - Look at how stupid this person is, act shocked and confused (despite it all being pre-scripted), mock that person, repeat. The giddiness he gets from feeling superior to others is pretty sickening.

And notice everything he's campaigned for (chicken f**kers, Vote Hillary, etc etc) has failed?

Literally, his 'batting average' is atrocious.

Another one of those people who once they mock etc the right people they'll getaway with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

If I still had a Bank Of Ireland account I would close it down on account of that asshat convicted drink driver!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

The janitor in this always ****ing annoyed me :p

Haha--- I was driving along one day & she was on radio with her stupid ' showbiz news'.....I was thinking what 1word would best describe lottie Ryan??

Talentless??
    Screechy??
    Nepotism??

But you nailed it
    SMUG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,814 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Haha--- I was driving along one day & she was on radio with her stupid ' showbiz news'.....I was thinking what 1word would best describe lottie Ryan??

Talentless??
    Screechy??
    Nepotism??

But you nailed it
    SMUG

She’s almost a God compared to Doireann Garrihy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

Another one of those people who once they mock etc the right people they'll getaway with it.

Yep, and most of the time its the right people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

To paraphrase Pat Shortt.

She has her daddy's head on her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I’m not a Trump fan boy by any measure but I adore this video. They were all so so so smart, the smug gits. The final line is a piece of art.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭Be right back

Aisling O'Loughlin and her theories.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Shoelaces

Liam Cunningham

I'd imagine his dream is to play Jim Larkin in some biopic. Has an disingenuousness about him and got a creepy vibe off him in a Leeson st nightclub

Likes to act out a world wary stoic persona that alludes to a mysteriousness that isn't there.

Shoelaces wrote: »
    Liam Cunningham

I'd imagine his dream is to play Jim Larkin in some biopic. Has an disingenuousness about him and got a creepy vibe off him in a Leeson st nightclub

Likes to act out a world wary stoic persona that alludes to a mysteriousness that isn't there.

I get that same vibe off of him.

There's this pretentiousness and 'solve the world's problems' thing he goes on about... but none of it feels genuine.

Pascal Chimbonda

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Stephen Donnelly.....when asked why,I just can’t pinpoint it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭99nsr125

Thank God I'm not the only one who thinks this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭99nsr125

Ryan Tubridy

• Advertisement

99nsr125 wrote: »
    Thank God I'm not the only one who thinks this

Her and Laura Whitmore are like relics from the Celtic Tiger era. Both blank behind the eyes.

Advertisement