Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2021 General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

lovely day today in Meath, plenty of sunshine and feeling warmer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,063 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Dry with good spells of sunshine coming through here in Castlebar. Nice sunny evening ahead as the showers move south and east.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭snowgal

Gonzo wrote: »
    lovely day today in Meath, plenty of sunshine and feeling warmer.

A lot of times I read your posts and think how can we live in the same county!! Gone wholly dark here near Trim the past 2 hours, lashing at the min...

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

Another washout of a day persistent heavy showers black skies. 3 weeks now since we had a good day here.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,064 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Not a bad day. In between the showers when the sun pops out it's quite warm. The heavy showers are head wrecking though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Another washout of a day persistent heavy showers black skies. 3 weeks now since we had a good day here.

that's mad, in Dublin it has been mostly sunny all day and even feels hot in my sun trap back garden

that's mad, in Dublin it has been mostly sunny all day and even feels hot in my sun trap back garden

Drove to Tramore turned around came home it was torrential down there.

Highly localised even in Dublin. This is the Dublin forecast.

The showers will be isolated in the east but more frequent in the west.

That’s the west and east of the county. Strange one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭appledrop

Yep same here I NCD, I actually fell asleep on sun lounger as it was so warm in back garden, felt like I was on holiday.

I've done a big blitz on the wardrobe, the summer clothes are coming out!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 CeeCeeBloom

Dirty big clouds circling D24 now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,106 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Lovely sunny day in West Clare, bit of a breeze.

You could see the showers building as they headed inland, but here at the coast we seem to primarily get dry and sunny conditions.

Raining again here.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭RedPeppers

Lovely sunny day here in north Galway no rain thank god

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭4Ad

Lovely day in East Clare.
    Rained 10 minutes ago for 2 minutes.
    Ran in the sleveless t shirt, always a good sign !!
    My neighbour even got sunburnt out cutting the grass...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭compsys

Not a bad day at all in South County Dublin.

Calm, dry, 15º and plenty of sun.

Went up the mountains for a walk and even there it kept sunny, calm and dry.

You can't ask for much more in Ireland in mid-May really.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭giveitholly

71.4mm got here in tipp so far this month and raining at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

It's only 92 km from Bray to Holyhead. Out in the middle of the sea ypu would only need to be at a height of just 170 m to see the shorelines of both places. Flying at say 7000 ft you could see Liverpool on one side and Athlone on the other (330 km apart).
    Mad!!!

Would never have thought that would be possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭sporina

What is the story with the weather this May.. seems v strange?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Spotted this job listing in my browsings, dunno if of any interest to any of you guys...

https://jobs.rmets.org/jobs/62257283-communications-officer-part-time-12-hours-per-week-at-royal-meteorological-society

I always thought May was the start of Summer?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

sporina wrote: »
    I always thought May was the start of Summer?

Nope. Not in weather/meteorological terms.

so what is with the weather this May? Like today for eg - blasting sun this morn then this avo thundery downpours - was crazy.. now sunny again.. and its not yet warm..

I don't rem May ever been like this...

To me this is typical summer weather, except technically it's not summer yet it's usually a few degrees warmer and we usually get a period of calm in May/June before it goes to downpours, some sun, dark clouds, the type of weather you find it hard to make plans around.
    I always associated May with calm weather and plenty of sunshine, but this year it looks like that isn't happening and we're just in the usual unsettled summer weather already.

To me this is typical summer weather, except technically it's not summer yet it's usually a few degrees warmer and we usually get a period of calm in May/June before it goes to downpours, some sun, dark clouds, the type of weather you find it hard to make plans around.
    I always associated May with calm weather and plenty of sunshine, but this year it looks like that isn't happening and we're just in the usual unsettled summer weather already.

This morning was nice here. It was sunny and bright but certainly not warm. This afternoon was another washout rained most of the afternoon some really thundery downpours. It’s stopped now the sun is out but the sky is very black around. 17 days in and May had been a disaster. Just saw the forecast after the news there. Awful looking forecast. More rain and strong winds for late Wednesday Thursday and into Friday.

If we don't get some nice weather come June maybe a protest outside Met Eireann would get the message across that it's just not good enough?

If we don't get some nice weather come June maybe a protest outside Met Eireann would get the message across that it's just not good enough?

Socially distanced of course 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Niall145

Snowdonia (130+ kms away) was faintly visible from Howth Summit today.

Niall145 wrote: »
    Snowdonia (130+ kms away) was faintly visible from Howth Summit today.

Any pics out there of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,063 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A very clear night here in the west. Just saw an amazing passing from the ISS with the Starlink following on very close behind. some sight :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

We got it too early last year !
    I haven’t found may too bad tbh. It’s been reasonably dry and bright ? The wind has made it feel cool though at times no doubt though.
    Hasnt made a difference to the young lad though. He has been in shorts since the sun came out in mid March :D

Advertisement