Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome New Members/Old Members - Introduce yourself here!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Centrepassage

Clare suckler farmer . Part time. Lot of my land designated hen Harrier

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Bobstan

Part time farmer getting in on the fourms as a great place for advice an reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,566 ✭✭✭White Clover

Welcome along Bob. There's a good few new people after signing up the last couple of weeks.
    The more the merrier!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,370 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Welcome along Bob. There's a good few new people after signing up the last couple of weeks.
    The more the merrier!

We must be getting popular :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,129 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Fulltime farmer keeping a few cows for hardship. Love grass. If I could eat it I would.
    Always interested in new ideas or old forgotten ones.
    Ns WLTM similar people for meals outdoors and walks along the beach.

• Advertisement

Fulltime farmer keeping a few cows for hardship. Love grass. If I could eat it I would.

Welcome along !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

Welcome along !

Again.☺

• Registered Users Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Again.☺

As I said before, there's guys going out the front door (sometimes slamming it) and coming back in through the door with a different jacket on. :rolleyes:

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I DIDN'T SLAM THE BLOODY DOOR:P

Mod note: Just a quick reminder lads, if people wish to close and reopen their account, they are entitled to do that. Please don't speculate on who or why.

Thanks in advance,

Buford T. Justice.

Just out of curiosity, do you feed under the wires or use troughs?:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,129 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Just out of curiosity, do you feed under the wires or use troughs?:p

1800 covers ad lib. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Ive returned after a hiatus.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

I says wrote: »

Were you long in hospital? :D

Were you long in hospital? :D

Clean bill of health.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,144 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Welcome back

• Registered Users Posts: 11,161 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Busy hauling turf :D

Base price wrote: »

Oh ffs turf

Base price wrote: »

That's probably how he got the hiatus in the first place. Too much bending.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 The yellow furze

Hi Sean here fist time poster, im a beef farmer and do plant hire to keep myself busy..

Hi Sean here fist time poster, im a beef farmer and do plant hire to keep myself busy..

Welcome abroad

• Advertisement

Reggie. wrote: »
    Welcome abroad

Where ye at it now Reggie?!

Where he at it now Reggie?!

?

Reggie. wrote: »
    Welcome abroad

You're abroad somewhere.......Only messing !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Fort Knox

Part time dairy farmer. Do work 5 days in a paye job. Dropping in and out of here for the past year and finally decided to sign up. Might not say much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

Fort Knox wrote: »
    Part time dairy farmer. Do work 5 days in a paye job. Dropping in and out of here for the past year and finally decided to sign up. Might not say much.

Sometimes you'd be as well off not to!
    Seriously though, thould be a boring old place if everyone kept stun so do be afraid to have your say. A good old spot for info and questions too. Welcome aboard and take no notice of the full time dairy guys n gals, they can be very cranky from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

TITANIUM. wrote: »
    Sometimes you'd be as well off not to!
    Seriously though, thould be a boring old place if everyone kept stun so do be afraid to have your say. A good old spot for info and questions too. Welcome aboard and take no notice of the full time dairy guys n gals, they can be very cranky from time to time.

The rest of the time they’re just cranky

Bejaysus the last lad didn't stay long. He was right about not saying much. 5 posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 latefarmer

Well been snooping around for ages and decided to finally sign up. Hated farming when younger but as i have gotten older have new found love for it. Work a day job and help the brother run the father's farm as the old lad is pushing on a bit. Tis dry stock but we decided to finally have a go at holding on to some calves! Looming forward to this forum!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 arsenalabu

Hi all,
    Long time lurker (on the farming section, anyway), and first time poster. Work part time on the family farm milking cows at weekends, and have learned a lot from the occasional skinny dip into these forums (setup a calving camera last year when we expanded to 200 cows, without this forum would have had to pay ~€700 to one of those farm camera companies, only cost me €200 to do it myself in the end).

Trying to start an Agritech company at the moment, building sensors to (hopefully) save farmers' time, and was going to post a thread asking about farmers' electric fencing habits. I'm more of a farmer than a businessman though, and feel a bit, I dunno, cringy, when doing the market research. I don't want to seem like I'm trying to exploit the community for my own gain, which is how I feel when I conduct face-to-face interviews, so if anyone wants to tell me that it's not cool, I'll bid you all adieu, and return to the shadows.

• Advertisement

arsenalabu wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Long time lurker (on the farming section, anyway), and first time poster. Work part time on the family farm milking cows at weekends, and have learned a lot from the occasional skinny dip into these forums (setup a calving camera last year when we expanded to 200 cows, without this forum would have had to pay ~€700 to one of those farm camera companies, only cost me €200 to do it myself in the end).

Trying to start an Agritech company at the moment, building sensors to (hopefully) save farmers' time, and was going to post a thread asking about farmers' electric fencing habits. I'm more of a farmer than a businessman though, and feel a bit, I dunno, cringy, when doing the market research. I don't want to seem like I'm trying to exploit the community for my own gain, which is how I feel when I conduct face-to-face interviews, so if anyone wants to tell me that it's not cool, I'll bid you all adieu, and return to the shadows.
    Hi and welcome, arsenalabu, always good to have new posters joining.

Just on your point about surveying posters about fencing habits, we allow surveys on here once the posters have agreed with the mods what can be surveyed so feel free to PM any one of us about that, there shouldn't be a problem with most surveys. I'll add a link to the forum charter for anyone that may be thinking about posting similar.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=92648225&postcount=4

Like I said, just send a PM(click on our username and select 'send private message' from the dropdown menu, fire in a title on top and the message in the box below and send) beforehand so we know it's coming:)

Advertisement