Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tesco Bargains [Groceries]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

rubadub wrote: »
    it's the last day of the 5 for 5 deal
    https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/SpecialOffers/SpecialOfferDetail/Default.aspx?promoId=R32924237

stocked up on the soft drinks as its one thing I do not really demolish if its in the house.

Didn't realise that when I went in today. I got 5 of the Pepsi Max to go with the Bacardi I have in the house over Christmas - duty free Bacardi, only €12 for a litre bottle in Frankfurt Airport - seems like ancient history now.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭pigtail33

New 5 for €5 for this week
    https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/SpecialOffers/SpecialOfferDetail/Default.aspx?promoId=R32933190

I think I'll be stocking up on the Flipz covered pretzels. They are quite addictive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

Do Tesco still accept vouchers from other stores?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,209 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Nopes i shop dunnes coz got 10 off 40

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭marrm

Tesco Express Talbot Street:

100g Nescafe Gold €3..99 - two for €7 - not bad.

BUT:

200g Nescafe Gold €9.62 - two for €8 (eight!!) Crazy! - It costs more to buy 1 than 2!!

Thought it was a mistake, took two to checkout, paid €8, no mistake! Went back, got two more. Enough coffee to last me until next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭CH3OH

And Lyons teabags
    534626.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Moody_mona wrote: »
    No

And their wording as to the reason why is cheeky as you like, something like "because of the already fantastic value, we'll no longer be able to take them" or similar. Mad ego on them.
    Nopes i shop dunnes coz got 10 off 40

Tesco is better value albeit slightly poorer quality overall especially on fresh. However I shop there almost exclusively because of the easy access.
    Big carparks, not shoved into so many big Shopping centres as anchor tenants. No wading through crowds of dawdling browsers and window shoppers, just straight in and out.
    More US-like layout and for a man with no patience for shopping whatsoever, that's how you get my business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,832 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The 1.1 kg Rice Krispies boxes are in the 2 for €8 offer also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

wonder if tesco will do a 25% back on buying 6 bottles wine this year again.

last year, combined with shop and save vouchers, i was paying 2.50 for a 12% alcohol bottle of wine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,046 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Yes, they are doing it 25% off 6 wines/champagnes from today

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

zell12 wrote: »

thanks, i was there yesterday. great to know. tks Zell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Does that include Baileys? I've got some 10 off €50 vouchers to use and there's a limit to how many 12 packs of Pedigree dogfood I want to stockpile.

dowtchaboy wrote: »
    Does that include Baileys? .
    No.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭slimshady007

3 Pampers nappy jumbo packs for €20. Also some toilet roll and washing tablets in the offer too.

https://m.tesco.ie/mt/www.tesco.ie/groceries/SpecialOffers/SpecialOfferDetail/Default.aspx?promoId=R32936553&icid=ROI_GHP_M4_Baby_household

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

200g Nescafe Gold and Kenco - 2 for €8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Does that include Baileys? I've got some 10 off €50 vouchers to use and there's a limit to how many 12 packs of Pedigree dogfood I want to stockpile.

since when was baileys a wine or champagne? :D

are you sure? its not on the website

Seve OB wrote: »

I got a few bottles last year 4 of wine and got the 6 bottle discount, and €5 or €10 voucher discount too. Revenue used to classify Baileys as "fortified wine" or something years ago when you could get duty free going to UK/France. I guess they didn't have a handy pigeonhole to put it into at the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭mrm

I've just picked up a batch in store at 25% off. I was told it will be on for a few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Lots of people would be unaware what is in it. Some of the baileys knockoffs are made with wine and they might have seen that on those bottles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,236 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

In previous years you could also get vermouth, sherry, port and even half or quarter bottles of wine count count as part of your 6.
    The small bottles were especially handy if you were on foot with limited carrying capacity :)

The offer hasn't activated online - or maybe it is instore only - so I can't check the small print on it this time.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

I got a few bottles last year 4 of wine and got the 6 bottle discount, and €5 or €10 voucher discount too. Revenue used to classify Baileys as "fortified wine" or something years ago when you could get duty free going to UK/France. I guess they didn't have a handy pigeonhole to put it into at the time!

well considering its made from whiskey & cream i think they put it in the wrong pigeonhole :)

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

Just to clarify this, I worked with Baileys back in the eighties and it was never classified as a fortified wine, and was always classified as a spirit.

As a new product back then, there was an issue as to what category of spirits it belonged to and, if memory serves correctly, it was classified as a Home Made Compounded Spirit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,521 ✭✭✭cozar

That’s an hour I’ll never get back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

coldfire1x wrote: »
    200g Nescafe Gold and Kenco - 2 for €8

Cheapest I've seen the kenco for a good while, I bought loads as I use the blue and my wife loves the red.
    The large jars of Lor are included too and they are still doing 5 for €5 on the C & C minerals (pepsi, club,7up) and random chocolate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,521 ✭✭✭cozar

cozar wrote: »
    That’s an hour I’ll never get back.

Wrong thread:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Yes i was in a Tesco earlier and they have the signs up

A new 5 for 5 euro offer from tomorrow until next Tuesday 8th
    Too many to list 63 items

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/SpecialOffers/SpecialOfferDetail/Default.aspx?promoId=R32933562&action=toggleProdListView_6&viewMode=list
    7 up
    Pepsi
    Club orange Rock Shandy TK
    Various Smarties tubes, Rowntree and others
    Milka chocolate
    Flavoured Volvic
    Miwadi 1L
    Walkers Wotsits
    Small selection boxes

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

slab of carlsberg 24 cans for 20 euro

• Advertisement

An offer on coffee pods
    3 for 9 euro

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/SpecialOffers/SpecialOfferDetail/Default.aspx?promoId=R32933508
    Tassimo
    Nespresso
    Dolce gusto

Some of the Tassimo are 6.99 each

odyssey06 wrote: »
    In previous years you could also get vermouth, sherry, port and even half or quarter bottles of wine count count as part of your 6.
    The small bottles were especially handy if you were on foot with limited carrying capacity :)

The offer hasn't activated online - or maybe it is instore only - so I can't check the small print on it this time.

Some Sherry and Port are included in the 25% off 6

mean gene wrote: »

Guinness too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,868 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

CH3OH wrote: »
    A new 5 for 5 euro offer from tomorrow until next Tuesday 8th
    Too many to list 63 items

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/SpecialOffers/SpecialOfferDetail/Default.aspx?promoId=R32933562&action=toggleProdListView_6&viewMode=list
    7 up
    Pepsi
    Club orange Rock Shandy TK
    Various Smarties tubes, Rowntree and others
    Milka chocolate
    Flavoured Volvic
    Miwadi 1L
    Walkers Wotsits
    Small selection boxes

Lads just be careful on the 5 for €5. My local Tesco (rathfarnham) have the big shelf full of stuff advertised at the price.... except there's always a few different things there that aren't included.
    I've sent Tesco an email telling them they need to put exactly what is in the offer on the shelf and I got a lovely reply...."please return to your store with your receipt for a refund". I'd have expected something like "the store manager has been informed or we'll do our best to make sure this doesn't happen again", but unfortunately not.

Buddy97mm wrote: »
    Just to clarify this, I worked with Baileys back in the eighties and it was never classified as a fortified wine, and was always classified as a spirit.

As a new product back then, there was an issue as to what category of spirits it belonged to and, if memory serves correctly, it was classified as a Home Made Compounded Spirit.

I guess Baileys comes under "Intermediate products" per the Revenue guidance today for duty free allowances for travellers arriving from outside the EU:

Intermediate products that contain 22% alcohol or less (for example, sherry, port or sparkling wine) - 2 litres

So you can bring 1 bottle of spirits, or 2 bottles of fortified wine eg sherry - or 2 bottles of Baileys.

Maybe the Customs officer found it easier to say "fortified wine" than explain the alcohol percentage.

mfceiling wrote: »
    Lads just be careful on the 5 for €5. My local Tesco (rathfarnham) have the big shelf full of stuff advertised at the price.... except there's always a few different things there that aren't included.
    I've sent Tesco an email telling them they need to put exactly what is in the offer on the shelf and I got a lovely reply...."please return to your store with your receipt for a refund". I'd have expected something like "the store manager has been informed or we'll do our best to make sure this doesn't happen again", but unfortunately not.

Terenure is the same, they have the malteasers teasers bars @ 5 for €5 and right beside them is the sharing bag for nearly €4 each. Sneaky swines

Lots of nuts & berries

Special OfferAny 2 For 4.00valid from 1/12/2020 until 7/12/2020

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/SpecialOffers/SpecialOfferDetail/Default.aspx?promoId=R32938870

some end up less than half price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,527 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Kenco Milicano coffee is half price at the minute https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/product/search/default.aspx?searchBox=milicano

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

I have a €10 of €50 voucher for Tesco.Does it apply to buying a laptop anyone know?

• Advertisement

I have a €10 of €50 voucher for Tesco.Does it apply to buying a laptop anyone know?
    We can't read the t&c's for you.
    If it does not say 'groceries only', or exclude electronics, then go for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

mean gene wrote: »

2 Slabs for €35 now... :cool:

A new 5 FOR €5 starting tomorrow until Tuesday 15th

again too many to list
    https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/SpecialOffers/SpecialOfferDetail/Default.aspx?promoId=R32933587&icid=ROI_GHP_1B&action=toggleProdListView_7&viewMode=list
    Usual suspects

2 L 7 up, 7 up Free, Cherry , Club orange light, Club Zero Lemon, Club Zero orange
    Pepsi Max, Pepsi Diet,Pepsi max Cherry, Cidona, TK Lemonade
    Miwadi 1L No Added Sugar Various
    Tayto C&O share bag and other flavours, Rancheros share bag, Skips
    Varous Natural confectionery Company jellies. Wine Gums, Jelly Babies
    Various Milka Chocolate bars 100 g
    Lucozade 1 L Various

My Favorite
    IDShot_225x225.jpg

Cadburys snack Sandwich, Shortcake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,144 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Usually at the start of December they'd do 5 tubes of pringles for €5. 3 for 5 is the best it's been so far and running out of time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Patsy167

CH3OH wrote: »
    A new 5 FOR €5 starting tomorrow until Tuesday 15th

again too many to list
    https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/SpecialOffers/SpecialOfferDetail/Default.aspx?promoId=R32933587&icid=ROI_GHP_1B&action=toggleProdListView_7&viewMode=list
    Usual suspects

2 L 7 up, 7 up Free, Cherry , Club orange light, Club Zero Lemon, Club Zero orange
    Pepsi Max, Pepsi Diet,Pepsi max Cherry, Cidona, TK Lemonade
    Miwadi 1L No Added Sugar Various
    Tayto C&O share bag, Rancheros share bag, Skips
    Varous Natural confectionery Company jellies. Wine Gums, Jelly Babies
    Various Milka Chocolate bars 100 g
    Lucozade 1 L Various

My Favorite
    IDShot_225x225.jpg

Cadburys snack Sandwich, Shortcake

Have to wonder about the original price shown on the Cadburys snack Sandwich - €3.24! That could hardly be right, could it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Patsy167 wrote: »
    Have to wonder about the original price shown on the Cadburys snack Sandwich - €3.24! That could hardly be right, could it?

That's the correct price. That's what they sell for in supermarkets when they're not on offer. Mad money. What's even more crazy is that they sell for €1.15 individually.

Although you can normally pick them up for €2 in places like dealz and mr price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,832 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

24 x 330ml Glass bottles of Lucozade Original for €10!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭mistersifter

shocksy wrote: »
    That's the correct price. That's what they sell for in supermarkets when they're not on offer. Mad money. What's even more crazy is that they sell for €1.15 individually.

Although you can normally pick them up for €2 in places like dealz and mr price.
    Patsy167 wrote: »

What's even more scandalous is the fact that the much loved purple snack is only about a third of the size it used to be.

The robbing b*stards.

shocksy wrote: »
    That's the correct price. That's what they sell for in supermarkets when they're not on offer. Mad money. What's even more crazy is that they sell for €1.15 individually..
    Where did you see them at this price and what were the prices of other bars for reference, like a cadbury dairy milk or cadbury caramel?

It might have been that in some oddball place like Charles de Gaul airport, but then a twix was likely 2euro or more.

What's even more scandalous is the fact that the much loved purple snack is only about a third of the size it used to be.
    Hope this is sarcasm. The bars are 22g now
    https://www.cadbury.ie/products/cadbury-snack-sandwich-14798

they were always snack size bars since I remember them from the 80s? were they really ~66g at some stage?!!!

I have no doubts they might have been bigger, but likely have shrank like nearly all bars have. But seems this might be a case of "creme egg syndrome"

They were big as ostrich eggs when I was small..., tin of quality street big as a dustbin for the price of an apple too... 120% cocoa... better than Leonidas or Lindt they used to be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭mistersifter

rubadub wrote: »
    Where did you see them at this price and what were the prices of other bars for reference, like a cadbury dairy milk or cadbury caramel?

It might have been that in some oddball place like Charles de Gaul airport, but then a twix was likely 2euro or more.

Hope this is sarcasm. The bars are 22g now
    https://www.cadbury.ie/products/cadbury-snack-sandwich-14798

they were always snack size bars since I remember them from the 80s? were they really ~66g at some stage?!!!

I have no doubts they might have been bigger, but likely have shrank like nearly all bars have. But seems this might be a case of "creme egg syndrome"

They were big as ostrich eggs when I was small..., tin of quality street big as a dustbin for the price of an apple too... 120% cocoa... better than Leonidas or Lindt they used to be

The purple snack used to be about the size of a small child in my day. Terrible what they've done to it.

it could be worse though. Look what they did to the pink snack - stopped makin it altogether :eek:

The purple snack used to be about the size of a small child in my day.
    :pac: phew! some are absolutely legit in these types of outlandish claims...

• Advertisement
Advertisement