Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Bargains [Groceries]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Not really a bargain alert but Tesco are opening a store in the UK called Jack's it's meant to rival Lidl and Aldi!

That was announced in July, it’s like the value range but even cheaper, the first concept store is on sky news today
    Don’t think it will compete with Lidl or ALDI they have left it too late

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Frigating

Bewley's gold blend tea bags E1.62 down from 6.49 for a box of 160 in Headford Road. Perfect for those dire moments when the only other thing in the house is Barry's.

Also garlic presses are 90c if you need your garlic pressed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭brighterdays

OmegaGene wrote: »
    That was announced in July, it’s like the value range but even cheaper, the first concept store is on sky news today

Kinda pointless too. They have their Tesco Value brand stuff. They should just focus on strengthening that. To be fair, a lot of it is the packaging. I'm not saying it needs to be wrapped in gold, but it just 'looks' cheaper. They've been getting better but boggles my mind why they'd put money into this when they could just do that instead

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭bromley52

Frigating wrote: »
    Bewley's gold blend tea bags E1.62 down from 6.49 for a box of 160 in Headford Road. Perfect for those dire moments when the only other thing in the house is Barry's.

Also garlic presses are 90c if you need your garlic pressed

What's wrong it Barrys boy!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,825 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Left it to late!!
    Why?
    Is there and end in sight to discount shopping?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Kinda pointless too. They have their Tesco Value brand stuff. They should just focus on strengthening that. To be fair, a lot of it is the packaging. I'm not saying it needs to be wrapped in gold, but it just 'looks' cheaper. They've been getting better but boggles my mind why they'd put money into this when they could just do that instead

I disagree.

This is placed below Aldi and lidl and is extremely "British" with 80% of goods being made or grown in Britain.

Union jack is prominent on the packaging.

They are very much creating a new market segment and they plan to own it. - Put it this way, if union jack underwear was one of their wigig (when it's gone its gone) specials, there'd be queues at the door.

Somehow I don't see them launching it here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Ah come here the lot of ye, will ye post bargains and stop the ol moaning about our German supermarkets and the like. Bargains only please, I like my cheap tesco purchasing.......

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

220g of Red Leicester cheddar for €2, cheapest I found it

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Seems to be several decent beers currently at knockdown prices. Varies by store but seen Bru Dubh Stout @ €1.20 in several stores with plenty of stock.

Picked up some Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale @ €1.35 in one store (though it was regular price in other stores).

Also picked up some Afligem @ €1.12 and noticed several others at similar prices but didn't take note of the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

2L of tesco colai s 20cent, this did not seem to being sold off, but standard ongoing price.

I have had it before and was not a fan, but worth a try at that price. They dropped the sugar content no doubt to reduce sugar tax.

The diet tesco xero cola is still 49cent and is nice.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

rubadub wrote: »
    2L of tesco colai s 20cent, this did not seem to being sold off, but standard ongoing price.

I have had it before and was not a fan, but worth a try at that price. They dropped the sugar content no doubt to reduce sugar tax.

The diet tesco xero cola is still 49cent and is nice.

Great for cooking ham in the slow cooker instead of water

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

slave1 wrote: »

The worlds gone mad

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

The worlds gone mad

Try it you’ll like it

• Registered Users Posts: 23,406 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Tesco are getting rid of their Everyday Value range.
    Currently, online shows only 34 value products left, I expect them to be discounted to clear in the next few months.
    https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/product/search/default.aspx?searchBox=Tesco+Every+Day+Value
    Keep eyes peeled

while they reduced sugar they have put in sweeteners to make up for it. I have read that it is not advisable to use diet colas for cooking ham. I am not sure if certain sweeteners are to blame which might taste manky after heating.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭millie12345

43” Philips Tv reduced to 329.95 - FHD ready 200PPI 16W sound 43 PFT. Not sure if how good a tv it is. It is 4000 er serie. Sorry I can’t post a photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,406 ✭✭✭✭zell12

T Bananas until 04/10
    8 Fun size €1.56 €1.00
    8 Family size €1.99 €1.33

tesco double cream 250ml is 1euro, pretty sure it was 1.19 recently. Part of "the 800".

Tesco regular cream 250ml is 1euro and a 500ml of regular/single cream is 1.99.

For comparison avonmore 229ml double cream is 2.75, which is 3 times the price per ml

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

tesco double cream 250ml is 1euro, pretty sure it was 1.19 recently. Part of "the 800".

For comparison avonmore 229ml double cream is 2.75, which is 3 times the price per ml

I have quite a bit of unhealthy cooking planned- thanks to you!!! :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I make my own ice cream, these are the usual prices

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement

I make my own ice cream, these are the usual prices
    The only one I am really pointing out is the tesco double cream, it was definitely not 1euro the last time I got it. Whenever I saw it the double cream was always slightly more expensive than the single one, as you would expect.

Ben and Jerry’s birthday Cake ice cream is scanning for €1.57 in Tesco in limerick city

Don’t bother checking the limerick city Tesco I bought all 7 they had left, might be in all Tescos

Got 5x5euro off a spend of 25 vouchers in the post a few days ago, only opened it now. Valid until 25th nov, which is a change from the "valid for 1 week" type ones before. So check your junk pile

Handy with all the cheap drink on the go.

guinness 24x500ml 20euro
    bulmers 24x500ml 24
    smirnoff 2x1L for 40

and plenty more offers

• Registered Users Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I got 5 vouchers. 15 off 70 spend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Discodog wrote: »
    I got 5 vouchers. 15 off 70 spend
    Me too, but they're not valid online which is an absolute pita.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,192 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

We got 5 €10 off €50!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,069 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 45,822 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Meant to post this yesterday but forgot. Was in Tesco Letterkenny and they were selling 24 cans of Pepsi Max for €8. They also had 24 cans of 7up free and club orange (all sugar free or low sugar) for €8 also. very odd in a way as 18 cans were selling for €9

Not sure if the offer is available in all stores or how long the offer is on but just a heads up for anyone going to Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Was up North this week and spotted this. Not sure if this is a Bargain Alert or a Rip Off Ireland post but here we go....

Tesco IRL have 33% off pretty much all gift sets at the moment, example:
    https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=301645272

Tesco UK have 50% off the same sets:
    https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/301645272

Plenty more examples here:
    https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/product/search/default.aspx?searchBox=gift+sets

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/search?query=gift%20set&config=newAlgoPDS349v1

Much better value if you're picking them up in the North.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,256 ✭✭✭CH3OH

A few Razors and blades on clearance in Arklow

WS hydro 3 and 5's 8 eight blades for €6.25
    there was also a bar code for hydro 5 razor and 12 blades for €9.25 . But none on the shelf

465309.jpg

465310.jpg

Also some Tesco razor and triple blades that fits Mach 3 on clearance

Advertisement