Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Bargains [Groceries]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

It's actually on the voucher that was in the Indo yesterday that you can stack the vouchers as long as your total spend is at least the combined total eg you can use two 10 off 45 vouchers on a €90+ spend.

My preferred tesco brought in scan as you shop lately. Used it yesterday for the first time. Great to see exactly how much you're spending as you shop, especially if you don't need lots.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Caranica wrote: »

My preferred tesco brought in scan as you shop lately. Used it yesterday for the first time. Great to see exactly how much you're spending as you shop, especially if you don't need lots.

Cool - scan the items on the app, I take it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Caranica wrote: »
    It's actually on the voucher that was in the Indo yesterday that you can stack the vouchers as long as your total spend is at least the combined total eg you can use two 10 off 45 vouchers on a €90+ spend.

I spotted that in the U.K. last year and wondered wtf was going on
    I use the calculator on my phone when using a spend and save voucher all the time, it s a pain being behind someone that’s running around trying to spend €5 to hit the target

The internet isn’t for everyone

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Cool - scan the items on the app, I take it?

Scanner on the trolley and you go to a separate checkout to plug in

• Registered Users Posts: 27,920 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

If you are planning to use coupon and self scan be 100% sure all items scanned are valid eg no cough bottles, medicines etc

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭macnug

I don't know if people realise this, I didn't until yesterday. As regards the vouchers, your total before multiple saver buys has to over voucher amount, no before. For example, I bought €165 worth stuff that was on special offer and had 3 vouchers, 1 culbcard voucher, €16 off €80 and 2 x €10 off €45, and all vouchers were taken despite the special offer price being only about €100. So got €165 worth of stuff for only €64.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭jc77

macnug wrote: »
    I don't know if people ealise this, I didn't until yesterday. As regards the vouchers, your total before multiple saver buys has to over voucher amount, no before. For example, I bought €165 worth stuff that was on special offer and had 3 vouchers, 1 culbcard voucher, €16 off €80 and 2 x €10 off €45, and all vouchers were taken despite the special offer price being only about €100. So got €165 worth of stuff for only €64.

Does this mean I can use a €10 off €45 voucher to buy a slab of Heineken (the price before offer is €51.60)?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

I don't know if people realise this, I didn't until yesterday. As regards the vouchers, your total before multiple saver buys has to over voucher amount, no before. For example, I bought €165 worth stuff that was on special offer and had 3 vouchers, 1 culbcard voucher, €16 off €80 and 2 x €10 off €45, and all vouchers were taken despite the special offer price being only about €100. So got €165 worth of stuff for only €64.

Which store? not my experience. maybe this worked with the Till printed ones. doesn't work with the mailing list ones. Its the final total, after discount.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

RossieMan wrote: »
    Which store? not my experience. maybe this worked with the Till printed ones. doesn't work with the mailing list ones. Its the final total, after discount.

On the self-service tills, the offer discounts aren't applied to your balance until you hit the 'pay' button or start putting money in so maybe if you scan the voucher before doing that, the system subtracts the voucher before applying the discounts. All the vouchers are the exact same though so nothing to do with them.

the vouchers won't work until you hit the "finish" button.

I've a feeling it was human error accepting the 3 coupons for the special amount.
    Some of the staff don't seem to have a clue what they can accept, so you can sometimes get lucky, so to speak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,192 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

the vouchers won't work until you hit the "finish" button.

I've a feeling it was human error accepting the 3 coupons for the special amount.
    Some of the staff don't seem to have a clue what they can accept, so you can sometimes get lucky, so to speak.

If you have 2 €10 off €45 vouchers and you spend €90. The staff will gladly put everything through and give you your shopping for €70. They told my mother Yesterday they got sick of having to split shops for people.
    They also said they'll take as many voucher you have once you spend the amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,406 ✭✭✭✭zell12

If you have 2 €10 off €45 vouchers and you spend €90. The staff will gladly put everything through and give you your shopping for €70. They told my mother Yesterday they got sick of having to split shops for people.
    They also said they'll take as many voucher you have once you spend the amount.
    :confused:
    They do it anyway.
    Used to be one coupon per transaction, now it is meet the overall minimum spend

Yea I've had the same. But that's completely different to what the poster is saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭shanec1928

So any chance of taking the voucher discussion elsewhere and keep this for groceries specials

just asked a fella i know that works on customer services in tesco and he said thats nonsense

Portlaoise. On manned till.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    just asked a fella i know that works on customer services in tesco and he said thats nonsense

Well ask your mate can it happen in error cause it defo says...

Sub-total 165
    Total saving -64.75
    Total to pay 100.64
    Coupon 16
    Coupon 10
    Coupon 10

Visa Debit sale 64.64

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Be careful guys- if this is a manned till- you don't want to get someone fired.

jc77 wrote: »
    Does this mean I can use a €10 off €45 voucher to buy a slab of Heineken (the price before offer is €51.60)?

Give it a go sure, if not then buy two :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Graniteville

OmegaGene wrote: »

Something like that could work once the till person does not press the subtotal button before scanning the vouchers and assuming that the offers are multi buy offers.

• Advertisement

Be careful guys- if this is a manned till- you don't want to get someone fired.

Yea maybe if people need proof i can send you the pic of the receipt to check instead of posting

those 10 euro till receipts will scan and scan and scan, got it tested to see!
    Shouldn't have been put through, was a cashier error.

Don't be that person.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭ontheditch2

5 x 2L bottles of 7 up, club orange etc for €5..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Lets stop with the voucher chat as theres already a thread about vouchers and till spits https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057933948. Actual bargains only from now on. Gracias.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

5 x 2L bottles of 7 up, club orange etc for €5..

Is this only the diet/sugar-free ones- or the full-fat ones too?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,920 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Full list here, seems to include regulars too:
    https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/SpecialOffers/SpecialOfferDetail/Default.aspx?promoId=R32559628

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,083 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Doritos and 2l drinks in that 5 for 5 deal club 7up and Pepsi range.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Coca Cola Regular 24 X 330Ml Pack 8euro
    Special OfferAny 2 For 15.00
    valid from 12/12/2018 until 18/12/2018

Note this is 24, 31.25cent a can at the 2 for 15 price, they have had the same deal for a 20 pack for a week or so, and that offer is still showing. So I am not certain if the 24 is a mistake. Usually its the diet/zero which is 24packs.

Just be careful with the non -diet drinks. Some of them dropped the amount of sugar to get into the lower tax bracket. e.g. 7up is now 7g and brutal. Even when it was full sugar I found it had lost its distinct taste. It now tastes like a cheap n nasty own brand lemonade. Years ago I would be confident I could have picked out 7up in a blind tasting.

the 5 for fiver offer is not showing online for me now anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

On the 5 for 5 offer the club orange is 1.75L, the full sugar pepsi is 2L as is the (now reduced sugar) full sugar 7up and all the diets.

Lindt 200g are a fiver and in lots of varieties, the bigger size only has a few.

200g range has orange, hazelnut, dark, white, mint, assorted, coconut, milk (regular red ones).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭septictank

Just bumping this as there should be some deals after Christmas.

Any sign of Hams or Turkeys for the freezer???

Advertisement