Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Bargains [Groceries]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 musicmammy

I normally get the following, stuff that lasts unopened for ages:
    Toiletries like shampoo, toothpaste
    Staples like pasta, rice, teabags, tins of veg or fish
    and then
    Stuff you normally use eg milk, cheese, butter

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Now to try and think how to best spend 45 quid to save 10...

Any ideas? Booze not an option.

go down the middle of the store and grab all the special offers like liquid fairy tablets for example
    make a plan here before you go

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/SpecialOffers/default.aspx

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭c6ysaphjvqw41k

bromley52 wrote: »
    Promo drop. See attached.

Do you know the terms on the back of those Tesco vouchers? Does it exclude Alcohol?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

People were getting phone credit. Tesco have dvds, cds, toys, electronics, knives, frying pans. Some people used to dunnes vouchers might be used to it being limited to groceries.
    musicmammy wrote: »
    I normally get the following, stuff that lasts unopened for ages:
    Tinned food lasts indefinitely as it is sterlie. Some poster was moaning about a tin of chickpeas going out of date. When I was young no tinned food had BB dates, there is no real need, one reason manufactorers they stick them on is to make sure stock shifts, they do not want retailers buying loads and having old logos on tins of beans or faded labels. They also threw out rice which should be fine long past its BB if stored correctly.

The moaning poster was making out like there are no savings if you are buying what you do not need. But if you bought a tin of chickpeas and rice to get over the €45 limit, and binned them immediately then you are making a saving.

Some people cannot get their head around it. I gave a 10/50 voucher to a couple last year buying booze, they had what looked like just over 40euro and were in 2 minds about taking it, saying they did not want more (they were carrying booze by hand). I explained they could buy a naggin for 7 euro to scrape over the €50 and throw it away and they would be saving money.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

I have a 15 off 70 coupon through club card and two 10 off 45 receipts from last week's shop. Does anyone know if these can be used together? Ie. if I get 75 shopping does that then come down to 40 (75-15-10-10)??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

I have a 15 off 70 coupon through club card and two 10 off 45 receipts from last week's shop. Does anyone know if these can be used together? Ie. if I get 75 shopping does that then come down to 40 (75-15-10-10)??

No it doesn’t work like that
    You would need to spend 70+45+45 to use all the vouchers

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

rubadub wrote: »
    not showing online, I wonder if they are short dated. Stuff in mine has been sold very cheaply with no signs up saying its an offer.
    Just checked the ones I picked up, and they show as 28/02/2019, so still a bit of time left on them

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Mad_Mike wrote: »
    Just checked the ones I picked up, and they show as 28/02/2019, so still a bit of time left on them

It probably is just your store so. They sold off Trio bars in mine which had a couple of months to go.

Of course they'd still be grand after that date too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭ablelocks

the pdf from post 918 scanned fine from my phone today at the self-service checkout today (the blue voucher from the other Tesco thread did not by the way)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

didn't get accepted at the till today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

casio4 wrote: »

Was that till a self-service one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

casio4 wrote: »

Worked for me today - was it the cashier or the scanner that didn't accept it?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Was that till a self-service one?

no, I went to the till with €90 worth of shopping and produced one of the vouchers I got in a receipt I got off them last week and one of the printed online vouchers they were alerted straight away by the printed one and after 5 minutes waiting around they came back and said no they could not accept it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

Pdf above worked on my phone at self service checkout but you need something to put in the voucher slot like a receipt or something.

Got 6 bottles of lovely plonk for 44 euro instead of 72 thanks to the 25% off and this voucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Chibs

Voucher in todays Independent. Good till the 24th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭c6ysaphjvqw41k

ablelocks wrote: »
    the pdf from post 918 scanned fine from my phone today at the self-service checkout today (the blue voucher from the other Tesco thread did not by the way)

The blue €10 off €45 voucher from the other thread also did not scan for me last night, but he did accept it. He entered it into the self scan manually.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Chibs wrote: »

I received a €10 off money voucher from Tesco at the till for a €45 spend last week. I used it yesterday but I was not given a new one after my spend.

So it appears that they are not automatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I received a €10 off money voucher from Tesco at the till for a €45 spend last week. I used it yesterday but I was not given a new one after my spend.

So it appears that they are not automatic.

Till spits finished last week

• Registered Users Posts: 23,406 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Chibs wrote: »
    Also in the Mirror €1.30
    9CjqYN6.png?1

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

ablelocks wrote: »

They're both the same generic barcode (all these vouchers are) so not sure why the blue one didn't scan. Maybe an issue with how that image appeared on your screen (barcode too big or too small etc).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭bromley52

If anyone is having difficulty scanning from a phone screen try setting the brightness to 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Or buy the paper. 1.10 today for no hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭roxana

You can try. Lady at the till scanned them both and it worked, I had €10+€10e off €50 shopping, total to pay: €30. The next day I wanted to use both at the self checkout, did not work. Better chances with normal checkout.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭donnyvegas

A bunch of Tesco vouchers came in the junk mail today. 10 of 45. No need to buy the newspaper ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

roxana wrote:
    You can try. Lady at the till scanned them both and it worked, I had €10+€10e off €50 shopping, total to pay: €30. The next day I wanted to use both at the self checkout, did not work. Better chances with normal checkout.

Better chance if the staff member hadn't a clue what they're doing, you mean. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I was in the shop and didn't see this thread so never bought the paper. Fuming now as was going to do a big shop in Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

It's in the Examiner tomorrow, buy it in morn.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

It's in the Examiner tomorrow, buy it in morn.
    Oh thanks :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Can anyone confirm- is stacking vouchers acceptable?
    E.g. multiple 10-off-45 spend vouchers in the one go- instead of breaking the big shop into a few multiples?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

Can anyone confirm- is stacking vouchers acceptable?
    E.g. multiple 10-off-45 spend vouchers in the one go- instead of breaking the big shop into a few multiples?

I was in Maynooth yesterday and asked the lady on the till to stop at €45 cos I had vouchers ... she asked how many I had , I said 2 and she said no worries , I'll take them both off at the end of scanning - it speeds things up :)

Advertisement