Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firestick general discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mccard

loyatemu wrote: »
    is there any way to get prime video working with an Irish amazon account? I tried loading the app from Aptoide as suggested further up the thread but it wouldn't install as there's already a prime video app on the stick, but that's tied to the dummy UK account I have the stick registered to (so I can download the iPlayer etc). The prime account is on my wife's email, I'd rather not re-register the stick entirely.

There should be two prime apps in Aptoide. You need to install the other one with the old Prime logo.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,753 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

mccard wrote: »
    There should be two prime apps in Aptoide. You need to install the other one with the old Prime logo.

thanks got it working - the one you need is called "Amazon Prime Video - Android TV"

couldn't get anything to install from Aptoide using Downloader (kept giving me nGinx errors), so in the end I installed WiFi File Explorer and used that to copy the apk over from my laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Trevord

Leonita wrote: »
    Is anybody else having problems with All4? I've uninstalled and reinstalled and all I'm getting is that the programme is not available in my location or something along those lines. TIA

All4 Working fine for me.

Are you using a VPN? it's not required as All4 is available in Ireland, but I think you don't get ads if you use a VPN.

Might be recognising your VPN?

A few programmes are not available via All4 in Ireland as far as I know eg. Channel 4 News

• Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭dinneenp

mossie wrote: »
    Go to settings and equipment control. You can set up TV and/or audio setup there

Didn't see the option I need there. During initial setup went through the volume set up but it didn't pick it up/register. Trying to fix this now.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

Was wondering could anyone help with audio out of sync on VLC player? The older version I had offered the option, seems to be updated and cannot sync audio on it.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

My firestick keeps dropping it's wifi connection. It's not far from the router and I've tried different channels on the router in case of interference, but still not working.

Anyone else have similar issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭jgbyr

My firestick keeps dropping it's wifi connection. It's not far from the router and I've tried different channels on the router in case of interference, but still not working.

Anyone else have similar issues?

Had this issue with a 4k one. It's in the same room as the router. Kept dropping the signal. Had to get the ethernet connector so it would work. Have a non 4k one in another room & never had a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Don't know what to do with it to be honest! Don't really want to shell out for an Nvidia shield. Any other descent options? Mostly just using it for Netflix and Iptv

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Get an ethernet adapter.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Leonita

Trevord wrote: »
    All4 Working fine for me.

Are you using a VPN? it's not required as All4 is available in Ireland, but I think you don't get ads if you use a VPN.

Might be recognising your VPN?

A few programmes are not available via All4 in Ireland as far as I know eg. Channel 4 News

I turned off the vpn and its now working. Thanks for that Trevord. However the RTE player is now acting the maggot even though I have the vpn switched off for it too.

Any other tips? TIA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭mossie

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Get an ethernet adapter.

I've had it happen with ethernet so it's not a 100% guarantee it will solve all your problems. Will still be more reliable though.

Leonita wrote: »
    I turned off the vpn and its now working. Thanks for that Trevord. However the RTE player is now acting the maggot even though I have the vpn switched off for it too.

Any other tips? TIA

Can you be more specific about your issue with RTE player?

The app won't load at all? Or when you pick a show it won't play? Or you have issues with buffering?

Try clearing the cache for RTE player and if that doesn't work restart the firestick.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Leonita

Can you be more specific about your issue with RTE player?

The app won't load at all? Or when you pick a show it won't play? Or you have issues with buffering?

Try clearing the cache for RTE player and if that doesn't work restart the firestick.

It loads but theres a lot of programmes missing that were there up to the other day.

Anyways I've tried your trick and it seems to be working again. I thought that I had done all of that already but obviously not.

Thank you so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭bobbyg

I read you can sign up to peacock premium with a us apple gift card, has anyone tried this?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

jgbyr wrote: »
    Had this issue with a 4k one. It's in the same room as the router. Kept dropping the signal. Had to get the ethernet connector so it would work. Have a non 4k one in another room & never had a problem.

Mine did the same thing with 5Ghz wifi in certain houses. I set up a dedicated SSID 2.4Ghz only and solved the issue. eg guest network

bobbyg wrote: »
    I read you can sign up to peacock premium with a us apple gift card, has anyone tried this?

This seems to have worked for anyone interested

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

This seems to have worked for anyone interested

How much does 12 mths peacock cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭mixed up

Hi, is there a way to install the virgin media player on the firestick? I installed it using app2fire but it doesn't work properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

mixed up wrote: »
    Hi, is there a way to install the virgin media player on the firestick? I installed it using app2fire but it doesn't work properly.

You can cast of from your phone to the firestick or install it hub which is similar but requires vpn

bassy wrote: »
    How much does 12 mths peacock cost?

Peacock is free but Peacock premium requires a subscription and that is $50 a year or $4.99 a month. Peacock premium show the premier league matches. NBC Sports has a number of the games too and this is free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

Can anyone advise how to get the RTE player working on a 4K firestick. I've tried the latest Playstore version, tried the version from Aptoide and various other .apks I found but none work.

Generally when I launch the app I just get a brief black screen then the app disappears.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Boxcar_Willie

masterK wrote: »
    Can anyone advise how to get the RTE player working on a 4K firestick. I've tried the latest Playstore version, tried the version from Aptoide and various other .apks I found but none work.

Generally when I launch the app I just get a brief black screen then the app disappears.

Sideload with Downloader

https://www.joujoujou.com/images/rte.apk

• Registered Users Posts: 10,697 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Peacock is free but Peacock premium requires a subscription and that is $50 a year or $4.99 a month. Peacock premium show the premier league matches. NBC Sports has a number of the games too and this is free.
    Sorry for the tangent, how do you get NBC Sports for free?

I have Peacock, the picture quality can be pretty poor... :(

Sorry for the tangent, how do you get NBC Sports for free?

I have Peacock, the picture quality can be pretty poor... :(

download the app and sign up but you need a subscription to a TV service to activate, someone here recommended the free trial to Fubo TV which is what I did. Even though the trail has expired I still have access to NBC, you do need a VPN though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,697 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

download the app and sign up but you need a subscription to a TV service to activate, someone here recommended the free trial to Fubo TV which is what I did. Even though the trail has expired I still have access to NBC, you do need a VPN though.
    Oh thanks, I remember reading about the Fubi trial trick now. I'll give it a go

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

masterK wrote: »

What version of RTE works best on the regular (non 4k)stick.

Had it working on an old stick, finding it difficult to get one to work on this newer one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭batistuta9

mixed up wrote: »

App doesn't work right but the website player works with the silk browser, only some shows play with Firefox.

I got the virgin media app working but you need to
    a) use downloader to search for the apk
    b) use orientation app too

For RTE, its on the initial post.

TheDriver wrote: »
    I got the virgin media app working but you need to
    a) use downloader to search for the apk
    b) use orientation app too

For RTE, its on the initial post.

Thanks. Can you give us the version number of the app that you are using successfully?

• Advertisement

Thanks. Can you give us the version number of the app that you are using successfully?

I won't be near my firestick today but I think it was the newest version available for VM.
    It's a dog to search etc but once you know what you want and you use mouse toggle and set orientation, and you are willing to put up with awful SD long ads, then it gives a fabulous picture, HD compared to saorview

Advertisement