Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,001 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Ah yeah he’s just a misunderstood saint and the media made up all those comments about Mexicans being rapists, dating his daughter, and even twisted his arm into using Trump DC Hotel to receive millions in emoluments, millions from the secret service and they totally caused him against his will to coerce Ukraine to help him win an election, we give you some aid here you tell the media Biden is sus, etc.

Just one big media conspiracy. Hard to see how Saint Donald just can’t catch a break. Wouldn’t hurt a hair on Jamal Kashoggis head or tolerate anyone who would

• Registered Users Posts: 18,138 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Do you think this will ease off during his second term? I always felt the mainstream media BS spouted over the past four years was to try stop him getting a second term. There will be no such incentive over the next four years though so hopefully they will back off and let him get on with it...

I must've missed the results of the election being announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,522 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I think we knew the danger of the media. But nobody was quite ready for just how many people could be brainwashed into such raw and unabashed hatred of one man! ............as a result of the actions, words, pictures, and messages of that man.

Trump was fully aware that he would need to make some very tough decisions when he got into office - he said this in interviews back in the 80's. And he fully acknowledged that these decisions would make him very unpopular with many people... but he knew it still needed to be done. "Major surgery" as he called it back then.

I'll see if I can find the old interview where he talks about this.

But I think even Trump will have been shocked by levels that the media have stooped to when trying to undermine his job. Of course, they've failed in this and their ultimate goal of getting him out of office. But I do still think some "major surgery" needs to be carried out on the media in terms of reforms to how they conduct themselves, and how accountable they are for the hatred they have fostered throughout the country.

FYP

The true question when it comes to brainwashing is how anyone watched this sh*tshow for 4 years and still thinks Trump is the right man for the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,138 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Didn't you know it's grand when the Trump kids are involved?

Do you think this will ease off during his second term? I always felt the mainstream media BS spouted over the past four years was to try stop him getting a second term. There will be no such incentive over the next four years though so hopefully they will back off and let him get on with it...

I'll credit you with one thing, you have incredible optimism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,528 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

I think we knew the danger of the media. But nobody was quite ready for just how many people could be brainwashed into such raw and unabashed hatred of one man!

Trump was fully aware that he would need to make some very tough decisions when he got into office - he said this in interviews back in the 80's. And he fully acknowledged that these decisions would make him very unpopular with many people... but he knew it still needed to be done. "Major surgery" as he called it back then.

But I think even Trump will have been shocked by levels that the media have stooped to when trying to undermine his job. Of course, they've failed in this and their ultimate goal of getting him out of office. But I do still think some "major surgery" needs to be carried out on the media in terms of reforms to how they conduct themselves, and how accountable they are for the hatred they have fostered throughout the country.

What major surgery has Trump done? Has he fixed any systems, put in place better practices, creating something better for the future?

He hasn't done anything. The hatred, as you call it, is simply a dislike by a large number of people of the lies, the bravado, the lack of empathy, the lack of a plan, the lack of cohesion, the lack of delivery.

What is better in the US now that it was when he took over? I don't mean unemployment numbers, as whilst they were good for a while they stink now so the system itself wasn't improved. Has he made any systems better? What will people look back on after 4 years and say that without Trump we couldn't do what we are doing, we wouldn't have this or that?

Next time you hear a talking head say “I don’t think the President lies”

The fact that he does lie has been used as his legal defense in court.

Mark Meadows has to tell a judge that Trump lied when he proclaimed to be totally declassifying and fully unredacting all ‘Russia Hoax’ related documents Including the still redacted Mueller Report.

https://lawandcrime.com/awkward/wh-chief-of-staff-confirms-to-federal-judge-that-trump-lied-about-authorizing-the-release-of-all-russia-hoax-docs/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,528 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Get on with what? What has he been stopped from doing, what was his big plan that the nasty media stopped him from achieving?

He could have dealt with the infrastructure, he could have fixed the broken electoral system, he could have fixed education, he could have fixed the crazy expensive college system, he could have rolled out broadband to every person, or got the US onto a greener path, or turned the country towards the new type of jobs?

He didn't achieve any of that, and has absolutely no plans to do any of it should be get a second termm

Well now that you’ve credited the optimism it’s credible optimism...

Well this is awkward

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Get on with what? What has he been stopped from doing, what was his big plan that the nasty media stopped him from achieving?

He could have dealt with the infrastructure, he could have fixed the broken electoral system, he could have fixed education, he could have fixed the crazy expensive college system, he could have rolled out broadband to every person, or got the US onto a greener path, or turned the country towards the new type of jobs?

He didn't achieve any of that, and has absolutely no plans to do any of it should be get a second termm
    I think you quoted the wrong post. :D
    Overheal wrote: »
    Well now that you’ve credited the optimism it’s credible optimism...

Well this is awkward

Dammit! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,110 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Leroy42 wrote: »
    He hasn't done anything. The hatred, as you call it, is simply a dislike by a large number of people of the lies, the bravado, the lack of empathy, the lack of a plan, the lack of cohesion, the lack of delivery.

Also, the abject failure to get anything done in the last year. Worst economy in history. Largest deficit (outside of wartime). Crashing GDP. Crashing employment. Bread lines. Mishandling of a pandemic, where the ultimate strategy his government is advocating is 'thinning the herd', that is, go ahead and die if you must, there'll be enough left over to keep going, sorry about that and all, well, no, actually not sorry about anything.

It's insane to view this Presidency as anything other than a failure. You don't get credit for trying, you get credit for doing. On the economy and Covid, it's failure.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I think we knew the danger of the media. But nobody was quite ready for just how many people could be brainwashed into such raw and unabashed hatred of one man!

Hahaha brilliant. You do realise we are able to hear his speeches, press conferences, debates and watch his videos and rallies? I think he's a dangerous, corrupt, vulgar, idiot based on his words and actions alone. I don't need the media to tell me what to think. The only brainwashing is in the cult that follows him, that can't see his obvious flaws and failings.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Is Rudy about to be exposed?

Is Rudy about to be exposed?

What makes you think that? We know he's gone loony now, his children slagging Rudy's Don isn't unsurprising. They have had no use for him since he brought Judith Nathan into their lives and humiliated their mother.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭dinorebel

'I don't take responsibility at all'

Politico story of 50 ex-Intel leaders saying the laptop story has all the earmarks of Russian election interference (something that's not had much done on it in the last 4 years by this Administration...wonder why)

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/19/hunter-biden-story-russian-disinfo-430276

The letter: https://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000175-4393-d7aa-af77-579f9b330000

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Igotadose wrote: »
    Politico story of 50 ex-Intel leaders saying the laptop story has all the earmarks of Russian election interference (something that's not had much done on it in the last 4 years by this Administration...wonder why)

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/19/hunter-biden-story-russian-disinfo-430276

The letter: https://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000175-4393-d7aa-af77-579f9b330000

They should know if they were there investigating Trump using russian disinformation aka the Steele Dossier. It's mad. But we're not asking why they haven't just said it wasn't hunter's laptop... or the emails are fake.

They should know if they were there investigating Trump using russian disinformation aka the Steele Dossier. It's mad. But we're not asking why they haven't just said it wasn't hunter's laptop... or the emails are fake.

They should know, because its their job to know. And a hint for you: they DO know. That's why they wrote the letter. You should read it and see what they're saying.

Oh, and try being more specific about "they."

• Registered Users Posts: 25,456 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Because that's exactly what Trump wants, if they say anything then it gives the story legs and Trump can rant about how Biden is trying to cover things up.

The less they say the more Trump gets frustrated about it. If Trump does do the debate on Thursday you can guarantee he will try bring this up and you can also bet your house that Biden has been schooled on every single question Trump may ask, every single insult he may throw out, every single angle Trump thinks of the Biden team will cover and have an answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

I wonder why the Bidens will not confirm the facts outlined in the emails for the American public and explain why there was no conflict of interest created by the expectations of Hunter Biden employers and the actions of vice president Joe Biden in getting a prosecutor who was investigating Burisma fired. Surely the big guy does not need to rely on interference in American elections by their own intelligence (sic) services.

Hunter Biden received $3.5M wire transfer from Russian billionaire: Senate report
    Their investigative work found that in 2015, two Obama administration officials voiced concerns to White House officials about the possibility that the younger Biden serving on the board of Burisma could create the appearance of a conflict of interest, as his father, then-Vice President Joe Biden, oversaw Ukraine policy.

The report states that the Obama White House knew that Hunter’s position prevented “the efficient execution of policy with respect to Ukraine,” but that attempts by officials to raise alarms fell “on deaf ears.”

source

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,309 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Hahaha brilliant. You do realise we are able to hear his speeches, press conferences, debates and watch his videos and rallies? I think he's a dangerous, corrupt, vulgar, idiot based on his words and actions alone. I don't need the media to tell me what to think. The only brainwashing is in the cult that follows him, that can't see his obvious flaws and failings.

It’s like when members of some religion knock on your door, they try to sucker information out of you but they must also have been the suckers at some time but are all in now so try to continue the cycle.

They should know, because its their job to know. And a hint for you: they DO know. That's why they wrote the letter. You should read it and see what they're saying.

Oh, and try being more specific about "they."

They is them, the ex-intel people that wrote the letter. I have read it. They say in it they DO NOT know. Did you notice when you read it that they didn't use the boogey-term 'disinformation'? They call it a 'russian information operation', yet all over the media it is referred to reflexively and casually as russian disinformation.

It's interesting because disinformation means something specific i.e. that the materials are fabricated. They obviously cannot use that word and float the idea that Russian's hacked into Burisma email system in the same document.

They are themselves citing a lot of media reports, which are mostly 'unverified' as we like to say. And surprise surprise, James Clapper, John Brennan.

No I'll wait for something substantive before I believe it's not true, but thanks for linking it nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,522 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I wonder why the Bidens will not confirm the facts outlined in the emails for the American public and explain why there was no conflict of interest created by the expectations of Hunter Biden employers and the actions of vice president Joe Biden in getting a prosecutor who was investigating Burisma fired.[/URL]

Posted this already but it's worth repeating because it makes me wonder why the Trump supporters are more concerned about someone not even in the race than they are about someone in the White House.

https://twitter.com/DeanObeidallah/status/1318519374051971072

• Registered Users Posts: 40,285 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

They is them, the ex-intel people that wrote the letter. I have read it. They say in it they DO NOT know. Did you notice when you read it that they didn't use the boogey-term 'disinformation'? They call it a 'russian information operation', yet all over the media it is referred to reflexively and casually as russian disinformation.

It's interesting because disinformation means something specific i.e. that the materials are fabricated. They obviously cannot use that word and float the idea that Russian's hacked into Burisma email system in the same document.

They are themselves citing a lot of media reports, which are mostly 'unverified' as we like to say. And surprise surprise, James Clapper, John Brennan.

No I'll wait for something substantive before I believe it's not true, but thanks for linking it nonetheless.

would it not be the default to wait for something substantial before believing something is true? is your default position to believe everything is true until it is shown to be false?

would it not be the default to wait for something substantial before believing something is true? is your default position to believe everything is true until it is shown to be false?

I don't believe it is true. I don't know. Each day that passes it seems more likely to be true, I don't buy this 'Biden can't give it air' defence or 'we checked and there was no corrupt meeting in the schedule' etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,285 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I don't believe it is true. I don't know. Each day that passes it seems more likely to be true, I don't buy this 'Biden can't give it air' defence or 'we checked and there was no corrupt meeting in the schedule' etc.

you dont know it is true but you are waiting for it be proved false? I'm not sure you know this but it is up to the people making allegations to provide the proof for them. Especially so given the source of the information. I imagine the reason you "dont buy" it is because you want it to be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,916 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I wonder why the Bidens will not confirm the facts outlined in the emails for the American public and explain why there was no conflict of interest created by the expectations of Hunter Biden employers and the actions of vice president Joe Biden in getting a prosecutor who was investigating Burisma fired. Surely the big guy does not need to rely on interference in American elections by their own intelligence (sic) services.

Hunter Biden received $3.5M wire transfer from Russian billionaire: Senate report

How about looking a bit closer to home?
    Even after taking office, President Donald Trump has sold more than $35 million worth of real estate last year to secretive buyers.

Trump sold 41 luxury condo units in Las Vegas last year to people who used limited liability companies (LLCs), which allow them to hide their identities, a USA Today report found. The president can withdraw profits from these sales at any time using a trust that names him as the sole beneficiary but is managed by sons Donald Trump Jr. and Eric Trump.

Before Trump signed the GOP tax bill into law in December 2017, a last-minute tax break was added for real estate investors who use LLCs, partnerships and S corporations to make deals.
    https://www.newsweek.com/trump-real-estate-secret-buyers-777276
    Trump Sold a $40 Million Estate to a Russian Oligarch for $100 Million
    https://www.newsweek.com/trump-sold-40-million-estate-russian-oligarch-100-million-and-democratic-802613

And he paid $700 in tax. Anything Hunter Biden has been up to is chicken feed in comparrison.
    “There Is Definite Hanky-Panky Going On”: The Fantastically Profitable Mystery of the Trump Chaos Trades
    https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/10/the-mystery-of-the-trump-chaos-trades

you dont know it is true but you are waiting for it be proved false?
    I'm not sure you know this but it is up to the people making allegations to provide the proof for them. Especially so given the source of the information. I imagine the reason you "dont buy" it is because you want it to be true.

Yea that's how allegations work I thought. You think they are so incredible not to be addressed and I disagree. He at least got a hard drive with pictures of Hunter, so if its the russians then what else do they have on Hunter? Little questions like that. And through all this Russian disinformation, where are the Chinese and who do they want elected, why is nobody asking that? Are they really just sitting out every US election?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

Because that's exactly what Trump wants, if they say anything then it gives the story legs and Trump can rant about how Biden is trying to cover things up.

The less they say the more Trump gets frustrated about it. If Trump does do the debate on Thursday you can guarantee he will try bring this up and you can also bet your house that Biden has been schooled on every single question Trump may ask, every single insult he may throw out, every single angle Trump thinks of the Biden team will cover and have an answer.

That excuse doesn't work though. They have already denied the meeting referred to in the email was on the official schedule. Therefore they acknowledge the email, the date of the meeting referred to in it, the people alleged to have been at the meeting and the New York Post story itself. All that is missing is the denial that the emails themselves are genuine.

The story made global headline because of Facebook and Twitter's panic to cover it up, there's no excuse about 'drawing more attention to it'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

When the accused is in the world spotlight but doesn't claim the evidence is fake or tampered with, yes it's looking pretty bad for them. Only for it concerns Biden and people don't want to acknowledge he is likely corrupt before the election it would be business as usual instead of this charade. They can't wait it out another two weeks. That is an admission.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement