Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Punishment pass

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,943 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Don’t break red lights. Sorted.

(6 pages in, hopefully I’m not the first to educate them with this nugget).

You could do everything perfectly legally and still be threatened with vehicular assault by ***** like the Mercedes driver. They'll find an excuse. "No helmet? Not illegal but in my head it is". "No hi-vis? not illegal but in my head it is". I was on a receiving end of threats the other morning because I left a cycle lane in order to turn right into our office car park. Suppose it's "never turn right and you're sorted". Vigilantism should not be tolerated, full stop.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

AulWan wrote: »
    This whole chain of events was "instigated" by the cyclist's behaviour at the red light in the first place.

How pathetic does a person's life have to be, and for anyone that agrees with that person, to think their dumbfounding action of driving someone on a bike off the road was "instigated" by that person going through a red light. How unfulfilled are those people's lives that they feel they need to intimate people over something that has no bearing on their otherwise sad lives?

Eamonnator wrote: »
    Yes, my mistake.
    Now reported.

Why exactly?

Stark wrote: »
    You could do everything perfectly legally and still be threatened with vehicular assault by ***** like the Mercedes driver. They'll find an excuse. "No helmet? Not illegal but in my head it is". "No hi-vis? not illegal but in my head it is". I was on a receiving end of threats the other morning because I left a cycle lane in order to turn right into our office car park. Suppose it's "never turn right and you're sorted". Vigilantism should not be tolerated, full stop.

Yeah but it was none of those hypothetical things. It was breaking a red light, which the OP said in the first post. Of course vigilantism shouldn’t be tolerated but condemning it shouldn’t also be a way of telling the OP they were right.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Shai

AulWan wrote: »
    This whole chain of events was "instigated" by the cyclist's behaviour at the red light in the first place.

Nope. It was not. It would be correct to state as such if a) the merc driver was a Gard and b) Gards dealt with traffic infractions by swerving toward cyclists. Since neither is true, we'll just go with the alternative approach where a driver got annoyed and felt within his right to use his car as a weapon for no reason other than he could.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,297 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

While obvious dickhead is obvious, I wonder what the roads would be like if everyone else just decided to pick and choose road laws based on our own feelings as to what's safe or not?

Don't break red lights OP.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

MOD VOICE: Goodnight everyone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement