Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: Batman

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Like you're focusing on yourself which I noted, but what about the other points. Is it just cos it points to you or what else is wrong with them.

As I said, a red flip makes it a lot easier *shrugs* I'm doing my best to try and find a wolf

Team SK should think about going for one on my list btw, if you're not amongst them.

Wolves currently outnumber you 3 to 2 so why not take a shot at one of them, even things up ;)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

They're flawed because you dont take into account there being two teams for starters.
    They're flawed because you are accusing me on the back of a third party also voting the same way as me, I have no control over what someone else does

And as I said I'll have a proper review of your wagonomics later. I find them very hard to follow so I'll be doing my best but I always find them that way and it occurs to me that when thats the case it could be very easy to make an assumption at the beginning of an argument that leads you down a wrong path.

In maths terms its like making an assumption at the start of an equation that a=3 and then providing my result at the end as fact, well its only fact if a=3

Conor WW wrote: »
    They're flawed because you dont take into account there being two teams for starters.
    They're flawed because you are accusing me on the back of a third party also voting the same way as me, I have no control over what someone else does

And as I said I'll have a proper review of your wagonomics later. I find them very hard to follow so I'll be doing my best but I always find them that way and it occurs to me that when thats the case it could be very easy to make an assumption at the beginning of an argument that leads you down a wrong path.

In maths terms its like making an assumption at the start of an equation that a=3 and then providing my result at the end as fact, well its only fact if a=3

What, I specifically allude to 2 teams repeatedly in the analysis.

What about your other wolf leans yesterday, why not mention them again?

Abigail, Frank - they didn't even challenge you on this and specifically in Frank's case this is strange as he's challenging me on absolutely everything.

You just dumped them out there and never went back to them, you went down a path because you didn't like Babs style you wolf read her and that's not a good play either.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Wendy WW wrote: »
    Conclusions:

Well, one thing is certain: Holly loves her mechanics discussion.

If there's talk being had about the ins and outs of various roles or competition talk, Holly is smack bang in the middle.

Now I don't mind the mechanics talk, I'm fond of it myself at times but it needs to be supplemented by some more substance.

I had to traverse to today to get some semblance of a read on any player from Holly, and that's not a good sign.

Could she be RL busy, sure. That's acceptable. But when you pop on and spend all your time talking about mechanics or joking about voting for the mods then it starts to raise my suspicion levels.

That's not to say she doesn't raise some decent points, but overall I just get an icky feeling about Holly.

So she can slide right into my wolf leans alongside Brendan and Jake and stay there.

Morning Wendy.

The reason I haven't given much reads is that I am never good a reading people! I stuck on Orla as she didn't do anything to change my mind from the previous day, she kept acting strangely.

In respect of the mechanic talk it is my way of helping out the village, the more we understand them the better position we are in. I am no good at ISO's / read lists so try to help where I can.

If I am around I will try to give more reads today. If I had to FFA now it would be Orla, Henry and Babs

• Advertisement

Holly WW wrote: »
    Morning Wendy.

The reason I haven't given much reads is that I am never good a reading people! I stuck on Orla as she didn't do anything to change my mind from the previous day, she kept acting strangely.

In respect of the mechanic talk it is my way of helping out the village, the more we understand them the better position we are in. I am no good at ISO's / read lists so try to help where I can.

If I am around I will try to give more reads today. If I had to FFA now it would be Orla, Henry and Babs

I'm almost ready to derp clear you based on your FFA....

You might wanna read back and see Babs being dead :pac:

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Isla
    Steve
    Ewan
    Gabriel
    Tegan
    Fiona
    Liam
    Desmond
    Phil
    Barbara

Isnt that the dead list so far?

What, I specifically allude to 2 teams repeatedly in the analysis. referring to them and actually accounting for them are two separate things

What about your other wolf leans yesterday, why not mention them again?
    As I said at the time they were based on feels

Abigail, Frank - they didn't even challenge you on this and specifically in Frank's case this is strange as he's challenging me on absolutely everything.
    I've already told you Frank did and I answered him, see link below

You just dumped them out there and never went back to them, you went down a path because you didn't like Babs style you wolf read her and that's not a good play either.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110764332&postcount=1355

Anyways, I'm gonna chillax for what may be my last 5 mins in the game

Conor, you openly say you don't really understand wagonomics yet you say I'm not accounting for two teams, so which is it - you understand them and you can see flaws or you don't understand them and think you see flaws?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Thinking about this this morning. Could it be that the wolves just haven't used a vote switch mechanic and Clodagh is a wolf pretending to be switched. Day1 wagons were Ewan and orla. Day2 wagons were Des and Babs. Now we don't know for sure that Orla is clean but if we take her claim as is, then there was no wolf on the front wagons either day and therefore they'd have no need to switch anyone and maybe buy one of their teammates some clearedness

Thinking about this this morning. Could it be that the wolves just haven't used a vote switch mechanic and Clodagh is a wolf pretending to be switched. Day1 wagons were Ewan and orla. Day2 wagons were Des and Babs. Now we don't know for sure that Orla is clean but if we take her claim as is, then there was no wolf on the front wagons either day and therefore they'd have no need to switch anyone and maybe buy one of their teammates some clearedness

Certainly possible. She's certainly not covering herself in villager glory or anything

I'm almost ready to derp clear you based on your FFA....

You might wanna read back and see Babs being dead :pac:

Don't know how I missed that!

I’ve had a bad feeling about Wendy from the start and I’ve come up with this theory, posting it just before munch to avoid being killed off

Feel free to pick holes in it

Wendy is Penguin

Penguin was given a false alias, he was given Martha Wayne, who was told that if he could find Thomas (or vica versa) that they would be given a BR together. What better way for a counterfeiter to work than to have an NRV in his back pocket?

Obviously Thomas getting killed wasn’t in the master plan but it gave a good reason to out themselves and gain some street cred. Wendy’s big argument was “well how would I have known, I was on it from the start”. I wondered at the time of your reveal why you came out, there was no reason. You weren’t in danger of being lynched and there was no upside to your reveal. For such an experienced player it made no sense. When you consider it alongside Orla’s yesterday, you might give her a pass because she comes across as inexperienced but not you. Fiona pulled you up on it at the time, you’re response was dismissive
    I mean, if I'm a wolf I'm a super psychic wolf lol.

I don't mind you questioning me, or my methods (which are never perfect), but there's really not much to be gained in pursuing this line when nobody has counter claimed me tbh.

You’re right nobody counter claimed you, they couldn’t, it was a legit role but it was one given to penguin.

What really made me suspicious is that you haven’t rammed this down the throats of everyone, its what I would do. Anyone questions my authority? “F**k you – I’m lock clear Martha Wayne” – but you haven’t, why because you don’t want to force it.
    When Frank is questioning you its never brought up – its literally the first thing I would do

The one thing that doesn’t make sense is his refusal to go after Harley, to me its obvious that she put out something for Joker to find her (or vica versa) it’s the one concrete thing we know about the baddies but he can spent any number of posts on whether Harvey Dent knew Des was poisoned or not. It makes zero sense

So theres my theory. I hopefully wont be killed by the time we get to discuss this, I doubt I will, Wendy has laid some pretty strong groundwork to go after me so I’d be surprised if they munched me

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

BG Swat Team

giphy.gif

The great city of Gotham never really sleeps but it was eerily quiet tonight. The silence however is broken by the whaling of sirens as the GCPD have been called into action. It would seem that Jim Gordon caught wind of a rogue plot to take out a target of theirs and acted quick enough to ensure that...

Munch Failed
    giphy.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

I do feel that my Abigail theory is reasonably sound (look at it from last night if you aren’t familiar). In short Desmond went after Dent from Monday morning and all day. Would Dent toss a coin to “save” Desmond ? And I presume Dent would of known the outcome of both coin tosses. So if he didn’t know if Desmond had poison or not , why potentially save him ? Why not wait and see if the poison takes Dessie ? I think he knew it was fake poison which would mean Abigail got the real poison. Again , this is a theory and I know where Wendy is coming from, cant clear people on that, but for now I would sort of be feeling less about Abigail being a wolf.

WW Batman

giphy.gif

The Bat signal can be seen high above the rooftops of Gotham City. Why? Because the caped crusader's Rogue's Gallery have escaped from Arkham prison and it is up to you to catch them before Gotham's population is put at risk!

The Penguin, Riddler & Poison Ivy have teamed up to take on the Bat. Meanwhile, his greatest enemy of all, The Joker is also on the loose. For now he is going it alone but laughter is infectious. Someone who is never alone anymore, however, is Harvey Dent aka Two Face. The questions is, is it the former DA or big bad Harv that the city should be prepared for?

Thankfully the Dark Knight does not have to try to apprehend them all by himself.

The Bat Family

Batman - Bruce Wayne
    anigif_enhanced-13790-1412624963-1.gif

Bruce Wayne, a wealthy American playboy, philanthropist, and owner of Wayne Enterprises, is usually who dons the cape and cowl. After witnessing the murder of his parents Dr. Thomas Wayne and Martha Wayne as a child, he swore vengeance against criminals, an oath tempered by a sense of justice. Bruce Wayne trains himself physically and intellectually and crafts a bat-inspired persona to fight crime. Batman is a master detective and he uses these skills to track down assailants. He also uses his vast wealth and resources such as The Bat Computer - a digital database for nearly every crazed villain, politician, and socialite in the world. This computer can spit out information for the Caped Crusader to aid in his quest to rid Gotham of his gallery of rogues.

I did not protect Orla, not sure what that was all about.

Robin - Nightwing - Apprentice
    51EshZxz8kL._AC_UL436_.jpg

Dick Grayson was taken in by Batman / Bruce Wayne as his legal ward and trained to become his crime-fighting partner Robin. The Boy Wonder is an apprentice of sorts who has gone under the name of Robin & Nightwing at different times but no doubt will have to grow into his role as this game proceeds no matter what he chooses that to be.

Robin was not actually my apprentice (which I thought was odd), so there may be another who will gain access to my room and powers if I die.

Alfred Pennyworth - Medic/Vig
    ElderlySnarlingGoldeneye-size_restricted.gif

Ex-special forces, Alfred Pennyworth is not only extremely capable with a rifle but also with a medical kit be that suturing wounds, removing bullets or administering antidotes. Alfred has in his possession 2 bullets but he can't shoot the same day as he cures someone and this Butler extraordinaire is usually the only person who can cure poison in the game.

Commisioner Gordon - BG
    aNnF7Bo.jpg

As the police commissioner of Gotham City, James Gordon shares Batman's deep commitment to ridding the city of crime. He can provide police backup for those he thinks need it most. However with the city overrun he must choose wisely and can only protect one villager each night and cannot protect the same person 2 nights in a row.

Barbara Gordon / Oracle - Seer
    barbara-gordon-sera-parte-serie-titans-L-CZIlA7.jpeg

Commissioner Gordon's daughter and the former head of the Gotham City Public Library, Barbara was paralyzed at the hands of our SK, The Joker, in the notorious "The Killing Joke". She has since become the hero known as Oracle, however, in this game she will be known as Seer and has the ability to check a players character once per day. She will be the one Gotham will look to in order to discover who is trying to deceive the fair citizens of Gotham.

Catwoman - Thief
    H5rUAN9.jpg

Catwoman aka Selina Kyle was, at one point, a member of Batman's Rogues Gallery, and at other times his most enduring love interest, but one thing she always has been is a thief and that is no different in this game. Roled players beware! Catwoman may just steal what you prize most from right under your nose! Be honest - are you really sure you can fully trust this former villain?

Team SK

feature

Joker - His origins may be disputed but a psychopath with a warped, sadistic sense of humor is not someone you will want to have a dispute with in this game. Every day the Joker will bring his own form of unbridled chaos to Gotham city as he kills one citizen with his own unique flair - AKA this SK can write their own flavor for the Joker kill!
    One of the following three are:
    Joker – Henry, Wendy, Jake
    These are facts, irrefutable and definite, the only question is who is the character.

Rogues Gallery (Wolves):

gotham-posters-penguin-poison-ivy-slice.jpg

Penguin - Counterfeiter - Oswald Chesterfield Cobblepot, a Gotham City mobster who fancies himself a "gentleman of crime", can usually be found at the Iceberg Lounge nightclub and has recently taken to the art of counterfeit. What exactly will he be faking that should rightly have the citizens of Gotham so worried?
    One of the following three are:
    Penguin – Doris , Gertrude , Holly
    These are facts, irrefutable and definite, the only question is who is the character.

Riddler - Edward Nygma has a compulsive need for attention and just can't help himself when it comes to dropping complex riddles and puzzles for Batman and friends to solve. Will you be able to solve the Puzzle of The Riddler to help the citizens of Gotham? Or will the Rogues reap the rewards of his antics?

Poison Ivy - Dr Pamela Isley is a Gotham City botanist who is obsessed with plants, ecological extinction, and environmentalism. As her name suggests she is a fan of using poison on her victims but the question you will be asking is Orchid or Rose? One is poisoned, one is not. Each day that Ivy is alive she can send these two flowers to players of her choice. Only she knows which contains the poison.
    I also have a “Detective Batman” power that gives me track if somebody bad tries a power on the person of my choice. I chose myself today so if a baddy takes an action on me that doesn’t kill me I can reveal on thread.;)
    tumblr_m7qfgxJWwG1rp26cno1_500.gif

Two Face / Harvey Dent
    One night good (day & night phases), the next bad, Harvey has powers to match, each time with a 50/50 chance of success. If Harvey lasts to the end and is good he can win with the Village. If he's bad they have to kill him or Big Bad Harv will lash out for the win. Seer Checks night 1: Harvey Dent - District Attorney, Night 2: Two Face

NRVs

This game will see around 15 NRVs participating but there may be more to some of those Citizens of Gotham than originally suspected

The following is an example of the PM that a NRV will recieve:

Remember Rule no.5 with regards this

If you are a new player trying to get to grips with things this helpful list of terms players often use might help you & be of use...Speaking of rules, might as well give you them in full

Game Rules:
    s-l225.jpg

1. When you die, you are out of the game unless we instruct you otherwise.

2. When you are dead, please don’t post. Dead people can’t talk! people will be given DR access asap and spectators can request access from a game mod if they want to chat

3. We have more than 20 players so we encourage you all to get as involved as you can and contribute to the game. Try get a vote in as a minimum each day. A missed vote may mean a player could be modkilled or replaced by a sub depending on mod discretion, 2 would definitely lead to this. We will judge each missed vote on a case by case basis.

4. No cheating. This is game that requires honesty and relies heavily on the players having integrity. So, as well as any other cheating, no PMing other players and no chatting about the game anywhere off thread including discord while the game is going on.

5. All players will receive PMs throughout the game, please no copying and pasting of PMs that we send you, nor will you be allowed copy and paste anything from any backroom you may or may not have. If you want to discuss the content of a PM with the village, please discuss it with the Mods first before discussing any PMs on thread.

6. All questions can be sent directly to the Mods if you are unsure about anything. Bounty Hunter, Baggly and Ecto are the Mods for this game. Feel free to contact any of us any time. We will try answer you as soon as we can so be patient, especially with BH all the way off in Asia o/

7. Policy on Abuse: Boards has a no-abuse rule in place that is in effect in this forum as well. By all means, call people on dodgy behaviour, point out if they are being silly or behaving strangely, be aggressive in your approach; but DO NOT abuse another player. If you feel another player has stepped over a line, the first step is to ask them to stop; if they do not, please PM a forum mod (Sullivlo/Baggly/Quickbeam) or use the report button on the post in question. Forum mods will investigate and action any issues at an appropriate time, keeping the game mods informed of any actions as needed.

8. This is an Anon game. Every player will have a WW alias to play under and this will be PM'ed to you along with any in game role you have been given.

9. No posting in your regular Boardsie account ie no posting as beakerjoe, post as Joey WW. Slips will happen but they will also be punished so dont slip. Do what Baggly says, not what he does, essentially

10. NO EDITING POSTS. You won’t be able to in an anon account. If you slip and post in your regular boardsie account, don’t delete or edit either. Log back into your anon account, quote the slipped post(s) and announce to the thread that you slipped and the posts should be attributed to your given anon account.

12. No sharing your lynch passwords or COP accounts with anyone. All actions must be done by you and only you. Use the lynch password given to you. Incorrect passwords may invalidate your vote.

13. Votes will be published after we announce the lynch, as quickly as is possible!

14. Have fun guys, we encourage fun poking, memes, gifs, videos and such and such.

15. In the event of a tied lynch vote, the last vote cast between the two tied players will decide the lynch. Ie Duffy WW and Joey WW get 4 votes each but Joey WW received the latest vote, then Joey WW will be lynched.

16. Munch will take place at 10am and Lynch at 9pm. The first game action will be the first munch on Monday morning. THIS MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.

I did not protect Orla, not sure what that was all about.

Win Conditions

For a village win (The goodies) they simply have to kill all the non-villagers in the game. When the last non-villager dies, the village wins the game.

For the rogues to win the game they have to ensure any other evil sides are dead and gain parity with the village.

For the SK to win they have to ensure any other evil sides are dead and gain parity with the village.

ANY CHANGES WILL BE ANNOUNCED AS THEY ARE MADE.... and remember *disclaimer* mods may have secrets ;)

I am very suspect of Wendy but to be fair I am not sure if its tunneling or not. Id suggest a peak from Seer because a confirmed Wendy is a great asset.

Orla's behaviour yesterday was very very odd and Id still be looking at her for some answers.

If I die, take your time reading all my post, maybe there are some clues that will help clarify some important things for the village. .

I belive clodagh

There is more...

giphy.gif

A nice lady called Wendy WW popped into the hospital for a routine surgery. Ingrown toenail. I removed it via her mouth.

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975d37376f3979626a77fc8151&rid=giphy.gif

Wendy WW is dead.

she was
    Martha Wayne - NRV Citizen of Gotham

RIP, Flashpoint Joker
    tumblr_omtjwj7GXv1rbb9x4o1_r1_500.gif

Catwoman has stolen someone's power

tumblr_inline_np8j2smaHV1t6zy88_500.gif

BG Swat Team

giphy.gif

The great city of Gotham never really sleeps but it was eerily quiet tonight. The silence however is broken by the whaling of sirens as the GCPD have been called into action. It would seem that Jim Gordon caught wind of a rogue plot to take out a target of theirs and acted quick enough to ensure that...

Munch Failed
    giphy.gif

Nice one!

• Advertisement

Wow, good job somebody!

Sorry Wendy, I can take off the tinfoil hat

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Wow, good job somebody!

Are you referring to the failed munch or Wendy?

Well done to whoever is the BG! Also give the BG knowledge of someone who is not a wolf (still possible SK though). Bye Wendy.

As for Catwoman stealing a power - I suppose we have no way of knowing if this is a good / bad power?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Mixed morning.

But my suspicions are all over the place.

Jake WW wrote: »
    Are you referring to the failed munch or Wendy?

Failed munch of course

So I guess I can take Wendy's wagonomics at face value

Wendy must have been on to something with his wagonomics. Brendan, holly and Conor getting a serious look

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Right I’ve not been much use so far, but to prevent wasting a day and lynching me, I am roled villager. I’ll tell you who if you want me to. I will now be taken out in the morning so you don’t need to waste time on me.

• Advertisement

Team SK hunting villagers is still good for the wolves though

So we only down to 14 players now. 9 villagers, 3 wolves and 2sk and we still have most of our power roles. The future is still okay

Advertisement