Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: Batman

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Wendy WW wrote: »
    I didn't ignore it I ran out of time and Ewan was stinking up the place as a wolf for me.

Just vote observations atm, not sure I can draw any definitive conclusions yet.

Phil, Jake, Conor need more scrutiny tomorrow based off their votes though imo.

"Babs looking around for a wagon and ending up on an outlier is dodgy too."

My vote is not dodgy, your vote was dodgy!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Yeah you see that's my problem with Ewan, he gave wolves such an easy wagon to jump on.

They won't all be there though, highly unlikely all three would pile on.

I'd say 2 at absolute max, and if Orla is village another one there.

If Orla is a wolf there's your outlier vote I guess

Hopefully Orla is a villager cause if shes a wolf then Ewan sabotaged us from getting a wolf kill

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Barbara WW wrote: »
    "Babs looking around for a wagon and ending up on an outlier is dodgy too."

My vote is not dodgy, your vote was dodgy!

How was my vote dodgy lol. Cos I voted for a villager?

Come on, we can all make mistakes :)

Vote analysis always tell me to look at outliers, would you prefer I ignored it?

I still think you're a villager but your outlier vote as it stood deserves mention.

As does Orla's, as does Tegan's.

Do you believe my claim?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

I need sleep, good night folks

Heading to bed myself in a few minutes. fyi, we're bringing the kids to Dublin Zoo tomorrow, so I'll be pretty inactive for most of the day. Unless the wife drives up, in which case I'll be able to post for an hour or so on the way up

• Advertisement

How was my vote dodgy lol. Cos I voted for a villager?

Come on, we can all make mistakes :)

Vote analysis always tell me to look at outliers, would you prefer I ignored it?

I still think you're a villager but your outlier vote as it stood deserves mention.

As does Orla's, as does Tegan's.

Do you believe my claim?

I believe your claim, but voting a villager is dodgyier than voting conor.

I ISOed them before casting the vote

conor: conor 26 posts. They are not making connections i am making, they are not seeing the straight forward but are being contrary. Either our brains work on serious other wave lenghts, or they are just not in the village mindset.
    "I think we can all agree that Steve has found a wolf, only a wolf would disagree." I just don't understand what they are on about
    "Good and bad news for Des and Abby, likely to not be suspected as a wolves just yet. Bad news is there’s a 25% chance they’ll be dead by lynch" Like, you only get the good news if you sucessfully save somebody, so its eaither good news or bad news, and its not that until after if happens, this post is whack and premature. Not coming off my list.

or even clodagh
    clodagh: clodagh 16 posts. not afraid of play with people emotions.
    "Yep. This will filter out all the BS, false claims and expose those who support them" "So he a number game and could win it for either side depending on which role he is in. Could be a game changer as numbers dwindle"
    Yep, you're not going anywhere

Your Conor vote is not bad either when you consider how sketch his vote was too. Made at half 8 without posting in thread for a good 4 hours before that.

Lurking wolf is dangerous wolf

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Orla WW wrote: »
    Good Night

a4c274f4a6a9700d-600x400.jpg

I approve of this

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    I'm sure I voted Steve.

Ok so let's look at this for a minute.

Option 1: Clodagh is telling the truth. Makes her not a wolf and the counterfeiter can shift votes during the lynch.

Option 2: Clodagh is lying. Makes her evil. Pretty cut and dry case.

Option 3: Made a mistake in voting, is villager. Blah. Can't rule it out I guess.

• Advertisement

Your Conor vote is not bad either when you consider how sketch his vote was too. Made at half 8 without posting in thread for a good 4 hours before that.

Lurking wolf is dangerous wolf

Yeah, there's that too.

Like if Conor's a wolf then Babs is clear of being one at the very least. Not of being on team SK though.

Outliers work both ways, only so much you can garner from one lynch though.

Ok so let's look at this for a minute.

Option 1: Clodagh is telling the truth. Makes her not a wolf and the counterfeiter can shift votes during the lynch.

Option 2: Clodagh is lying. Makes her evil. Pretty cut and dry case.

Option 3: Made a mistake in voting, is villager. Blah. Can't rule it out I guess.

/tinfoil hat

Cynical Option 4 : Clodagh is telling the truth. Is a wolf and the wolves moved her vote to give her some sort of credibility incase of shenanigans

/tinfoil hat off

I think when im coming up with theories like that, its time to go to bed lol

night all :)

batman-shrug-gif.gif?w=1075

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

I think we need to think about why Dent would have saved Des early today.

If he can win with both sides, he is very unlikely in the wolfs backroom, although its not impossible I'd say its unlikely.

He didn't come out to give himself up on thread, tbf why would you which means he wants to win either way.

If it was be I'd be playing for the wolf win and let villagers die (not saying everyone would) so to be at least its surprising he choose to try save Des.

If I was posioned and not knowing if it was fake or not I would choose to try heal myself.

And we saw earlier Dent healed Des.

I think there is a decent chance Des is Dent

Frank WW wrote: »
    Noticed you posting and was like “has Phil actually posted yet?” So decided to do a quick ISO. Not an awful lot in that Phil.

I’d love to get to know the real Phil, what are your aspirations? what music do you like? Who does he want to kill? Those kind of things..... So many questions.

batman.jpg

I'm not sure if the riddler has to posts things on thread to win things for his team.

But if he did would it look something like this.

The post reads well enough.

But the questions he asks Phil are a little weird

what are your aspirations? what music do you like? Who does he want to kill?

Fiona WW wrote: »
    I'm not sure if the riddler has to posts things on thread to win things for his team.

But if he did would it look something like this.

The post reads well enough.

But the questions he asks Phil are a little weird

what are your aspirations? what music do you like? Who does he want to kill?
    Phil WW wrote: »
    What do you expect Frank? I've only posted four times. Of course there won't be an awful lot in it :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Aspirations - help win the game for the village
    Music - like a bit of pop, country and traditional
    Who do I want to kill? - no one .... yet

Any other questions?

Phil actually replied and answered all the questions too, only worth something If frank flipped riddler

I don't think we should discount any potential Harley signally to the joker.
    All we know is the conversion took place tonight.
    Its possible he could only start looking today.
    Wendy said her and Gabriel would only get their room today after the task.
    We just can't be sure enough to write pre game signalling off.

Jake WW wrote: »
    Good morning Goths. Let the games begin.

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975d3560e343574559772820e6&rid=giphy.gif

I've no idea if there is anything in this.

But let the games begin is a quote from Bane in the Dark knight rises before he blows up everything.

I knew it was bugging me for some reason.

Actually the waving of the chequered flag which signals the end not begining of a race annoyed me also

Phil WW wrote: »
    No need Desmondo. Think you'll be the one questioning yourself, well if you survive this poison business.

Again not much in this, but not sure why Phil would think Des might survive the poisoning after Abigal was heeled, given info we had it would seemed he was dead.

• Advertisement

Ok so I wanted to start with Riona because I find myself nodding along with some of her posts but I haven't a buggers notion on a read for her.

Riona WW wrote: »
    Afternoon all, just getting on now. But don’t worry, everything’s going to be fine because.......

......I’m Batman!!

Standard opening.
    Just getting on now and a bit of catch up to do. Suppose ten pages isn’t the worst, should be able to crack into it for tomorrow.

Oh, and Shane Lowry is a legend!!

Jumps in for a catch up, bit fluffy at the end. Nothing of note tbh.
    It’s not about hiding the seer, it’s about getting their information out there. We don’t have a priest so being able to see how someone flips means we find out over the course of the game what to disregard and what to keep.

Spartacus discussion. Heavily on the side of in favour. I like this not just because they're in favour but they explain why. I guess I gravitate to those who are more explanatory in their posts. It's a me thing.
    There’s no priest in the op so unless the mods are sadists I’m saying there has to be autopriest. If he start of the game is always confusion, the trick is to get out of that state as quickly as possible. There’s more village than wolves so even if they can eliminate some villagers it still leaves cover once everyone doesn’t go for the same player as their pick. The seers job is to die with as much information as possible on the table, if the seers alive at end of game they’ve either played really badly or gotten really lucky.

More Spartacus stuff, and again good in-depth explanations.
    That’s not the point of it. Even without strategy you can’t do that. The point is to get information out there for when they flip, if they get to claim sooner then village should have pretty much won

More Spartacus discussion.
    Because we either 100% know who the seer peeked or we still have one in play

And some more.
    Hey Fiona, what’s the significance of 11 and 4?

Ok so we move on and Riona asks Fiona about 11 and 4, I was wondering at the time what she was on about tbh.
    I asked Fiona the significance of 11 and 4 earlier. Yesterday they posted these in consecutive posts

Why are they shoehorning 11 and 4 in that order into their posts? I worked through the list of player at the start and Fiona is number 11. Brendan would be number 4. This seems a bit too much to be a coincidence but I don’t know where it goes .

Goes on to elaborate. Ok so I know this theory has been debunked. But I like it because it shows she's working her way through the thread and questioning things she wants to understand. Not very active so far, but I do like her posts tbh.
    No reply as yet, I don’t think they’ve been around since yesterday night.

Another post on Fiona, and again noting that she hasn't been on since last night. Definitely has good thread awareness.
    Soz I did 13 too, hadn’t read before I entered. Can we keep track of entries like you’re doing here to try to avoid this happening again

Competition time. Picks the same number as me. Nothing of note really bar again expanding a bit suggesting to keep lists.
    But how is letting a wolf maximize their odds that way worse odds than all of us ending up clustering around a few numbers and letting the wolves play a spread strategy

Discussion with Conor on the numbers for competition. Very good point in fairness.

Oh god, I hadn’t even noticed your typo until you pointed it out.

Short window online this evening for me so going to have to vote shortly. I’m going to go back through today as much as I can but tbh your ‘come and get me’ Harley post at the start sticks out a mile right now.

So she leaves again and comes back to Eva. Goes after her for her Harley post. I don't agree with this theory personally but at least she engaged with Eva on it.
    It’s fair point, but equally I’m reminded of a recent game where the convert made just that move, sticking up a gif image that may as well have said “its me” and got away with it for a fair while.

Brings up past games, not an overly convincing point though.
    But I don’t get it! Why would you post that, I mean you must have realized something like that could be picked up this way. You’d either make yourself a target for the village or piss off the SK. It makes no sense

Ok more elaboration. Now I'm fine with this line but there's a sudden shift in her posting....
    This feels wrong. There’s only one wagon getting any momentum here. Everything else is peripheral. Doesn’t feel natural.

So basically the suspicions feel wrong because there's only one wagon. Now I get that sentiment, but it's a jarring switch. And if I'm honest a first wolfy vibe off Riona.

Are you reading the thread?

What are your thoughts here so?

Barbara challenges Riona on her post re: the wagons. Ok, interesting.
    Right I only an find 4 using the hash tag nomenclature, though it feels like there’s more

Angus: ewan Eva orla
    Barbara: ewan Conor Eva Clodagh
    Liam: Clodagh, Steve, orla
    Wendy: Conor orla Fiona

So where is this wagon getting steam from?

Posts the FFAs, I think her earlier post overbaked the wagon on Eva tbh. I'll admit I myself came back in and got a vibe the thread was turning on Eva but the data doesn't seem to support this.
    Help me out with my question just above your post so. You asked for ffa data and I’ve posted it. Reading it does it seem viable to you or have I missed something?

Responds to Babs again and indeed acknowledges that the FFA data doesn't support the thread vibe on Eva. It's interesting. IMO the wagon on Eva disintegrated around this point. Doris and Liam had stated openly they had votes on Eva, and she had appeared in a few FFAs.
    I also said her Harley post was hard to ignore earlier, could be me you’re thinking of

Responds to me mentioning Doris and another (Liam) stating they were voting Eva. Fair to a point that she mentions she was also considering it.
    Thanks

I can’t collate much longer though, I’m already getting dirty looks for typing away under the table on mobile

FFA stuff, states she won't be around much longer.
    That’s the point. Looking at the numbers does it tally with the wagon that seems to be happening reading the thread

And her final post.

Ok, I'm still not sure where I stand with Riona.

I get town vibes off her early posts, but her switch on Eva is quite jarring and noteworthy imo.

Like I can see village Riona thinking that there's a big wagon building on Eva and not understanding where it's coming from tbf.

But can I also see wolf Riona wondering is it safe to jump on board, getting opinions off the thread first. I gotta say, yes.

I think my feelings on Riona will be linked to Eva's alignment tbh.

If Eva is a wolf, then I'd be of the opinion Riona could possibly be teamed. Like, her questioning is soft, suspicious kind of but not really committing to a position. And then the jump.

I'm gonna place Riona into a 'watch what happens' pile for now. I'm not confident enough to give her a village lean, but equally there's enough good in her posts that I can't say I lean wolf confidently right now either.

Meh, hope this helps. Sorry it's not more conclusive.

Again not much in this, but not sure why Phil would think Des might survive the poisoning after Abigal was heeled, given info we had it would seemed he was dead.

Actually scratch that 50/50 on poisons :o

I think it was advertising the competition today tbh.

There's been no announcement of a conversion though if I'm correct so Harley (if in the game which is likely) is probably still village.

This is interesting also.

For whatever reason probably that i'm not very good at this game it hadn't occurred to me that Harley would be a NRV like was said in the mods announcement.

It makes sense of course(or was actually the case), just didn't come into head she could be.

You call it a conversion as well which is what the mods called it, again it makes sense I guess but I actually would have thought if announced it would have been a lover was found.

And then your role claim comes later at frankly a bizzare time.

Bit late for this now but needless to say you aren't cleared in my book yet.

But I'll look into this more time wise tomoro

Ok as requested by Des, here's Steve.

Steve WW wrote: »
    Morning. Well, afternoon - Its my morning - after a long night fighting cri.......... I mean, mastrubating!

Bleh. Fluffy opening. Nothing to shoot anyone over.
    POLICE POWERLESS
    CRIME WAVE GROWS
    BATMAN AND ROBIN FOILED AGAIN
    THE JOKER IS WILD

Headlines from the paper. Ugh, my dislike of firing out data without drawing conclusions. Will try not to hold it against Steve too much though.
    Your definitely a wolf!!

Bleh. Calls out Clodagh for their opening. I've already said I disagree with this but hey maybe you guys are seeing something I'm blind to.
    I doth not kow wh're the wolve art, 'r who is't those gents might beest, but those gents shall beest hath found

I hate these posts. They're posting for the sake of posting, and we know who does that.

That being said, does a wolf be so blatant? Hard to say.

I just found a shakespeare translator - Its possible ill play the rest of the game like this!

Meh. If I had bullets your translator would be shot to pieces. And it's only one post yet!
    Dont w'rry, mine own physical corse is healthy and in valorous state
    bateth sir,

dinn'r dinn'r dinn'r dinn'r dinn'r dinn'r dinn'r din'r

bateth sir
    Thee eith'r kicketh the bucket a h'ro, 'r liveth longeth enow to seeth yourself becometh a villain

NONSENSE FLUFF. I hate it.
    tenor.gif

Fluff
    I am not a fan of this theory, if it persists ill just stop being hilarious!!

It's not funny, it's annoying, moreso when trying to do an ISO.
    Says the wolf!

Blah. What I am noticing is there is absolutely no analysis in Steve's posts, he's just talking rubbish and posting fluff. I don't like it.
    Holla broth'rs and sist'rs, hast aught most wondrous hath happened in mine own absence

God I'm gonna need a drink after this bloody ISO. Fluffmonster extraordinaire.

Failed gif. Fluff.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5241944

Gif posted again. Double fluff.
    The night is dunnest just bef're the dawn. And i promiseth thee. The dawn shall cometh

Im quaint sure if 't be true i wast doing a task - id beest doing t at which hour the game actually starts!

Oh my God. This is the most annoying ISO I've ever done lol.
    I have been lambasted in here before for not posting enough - I usually am not a big talker, so this time im just posting shyte to keep myself entertained!

Well that clears that up then :rolleyes:

Big talker? You haven't posted anything? At least you're admitting to posting rubbish. But why? Ugh....

T might - thee nev'r knoweth what the future may holdeth!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    POLICE POWERLESS
    CRIME WAVE GROWS
    BATMAN AND ROBIN FOILED AGAIN
    THE JOKER IS WILD

All but one of those, are kinda of weather related - Stormy if you will! Except the 3rd one. So maybe to do with the weather report.

These seem to be about objects or buildings

BATMAN AND ROBIN TO CHRISTEN NEW LINER
    SS Gotham to be launched tomorrow
    Giant Plane Found All Aboard Safe
    Court Seeks Adjournment??
    GOVERNOR RETURNS??
    Face-Lifting Job To Start On City Hall
    Educators hold annual meet here

These are all rules, taxes, regulations.

New petitions against tax
    PREPAID TAXES BREACH HIGHEST MARK IN HISTORY
    'CASUAL LABOUR' RULES CLARIFIED BY OFFICIAL
    BUILDING CODE UNDER FIRE
    TRAFFIC TOLL AT NEW HIGH

I dont know what to make of those, but it might help something click with someone!

Finally, thankfully some work being done. I like this post it's the only one so far trying to make sense of the newspapers in particular. I'm not sure if there are really any conclusions drawn though, so.... eh... null?
    How dareth thee!!

Jesus Christ I'm banging my head off the keyboard right now.
    Ohhh - your so detective!!!

The game hasnt started yet for tasks! but dont let that put you off!!

Well this is interesting and I flagged it at the time myself. I know there were d0 tasks for me and Gabs, so it stands to reason we weren't the only galoots out there tasking.

Steve not knowing that... is kind of a villagey vibe. I mean he could be lying... but...

Its a soft start, The game proper doesnt start till day one - Or so I presume. I would expect a competition or so, but not tasks etc, £ people hadnt posted at all until the last hr or 2.

But - Maybe im reading it wrong. And a soft start meant an actual start. Which would make me wonder why they would discount 2 days and not just call it a start!

Further elaboration. Maybe I should badger Steve more often lol. Yeah I can believe this. I like these posts tbh.

Why would you not just quote it? instead of making me do stuff!

And we're back to lazy Steve. :( Such promise.
    Fair nuff - I dont like orla!

'rla hast mine own suspicions arous'd

Ah Jaysus. Really? I'm back to losing the will to live again.
    Farewell thomas, we hardly kneweth thee!

Please let this just end....
    Gab dead! Jus sayin!

What are you saying though? Spit it out Steve no point hinting, it looks wolfy.
    I did no. 1

Back for the competition and straight in with number 1. Ok.
    I think we have

gone now

Does up a numbers list along with a number of others, meh. The gone now is interesting considering....
    In that case it would be very wolfy not to post what number you picked!!

Responds to Conor I think?
    Holy amazeballs

This is possibly the weirdest thing I have ever watched

Just skip to 3:25 here and observe!!

I thought you were gone? FLUFF
    wolf

Calls out Henry.

The interesting thing about this is that Steve's vote hasn't moved off Orla at this point as we now know. But I have no idea where he stands with a lot of the players. It's just fluff and more fluff with one or two posts of note.
    If we dont say what number we pick then loads of people will pick the same numbers and its possible no-one will win!

There is allready 2 wasted guesses

Ok that's a better point.
    possibly - If id een that I wouldnt have gone with one! Sh!t

Upset about going for one. We all have to play our part Steve, as long as the village wins a prize does it really matter?
    When will it be announced? I have things to do!

Yeah well you did say you were gone. Or did you mean the numbers that were gone? That might make more sense actually. Meh, I'm not editing now anyways.
    How do you know that?? just read the thing back - Did you get pmd?

Asking Doris about the prize.
    Any update doris i gotta go

Pushing Doris on an answer. This is kinda wolfy tbh.
    If we would have done it from the beginning, we could have prevented that happening at all and picked every 3rd number. Instead, we picked 11-18 nearly!

Yeah, fair point again. Though we only found out when the competition was announced that we needed to submit a number as well.
    So before I go, is it possible poison lady knew who she was giving the fake poion to, to throw us off? ill be back later

Um... what. Can you please familiarise yourself with the OP Steve. Thanks.
    i voted orla - wont be round for lynch

Pops in to announce he had voted Orla... but it was at just after 10am? So maybe busy, but not really any movement. In fact the only time you mention Orla is this post and one other. I don't like it, you've barely given any indication as to why you voted how you did.

Ok conclusions:

Steve is the king of fluff, and it wrecked my head entirely. The Shakespeare stuff is driving me demented. There's no analysis, his vote is early and static which to me indicates a wolf....

BUT

does a wolf talk nonsense and post in such a manner that is bound to attract attention?

Hard to say.

Gotta put Steve in my mild wolf lean group for now though I think. There's just too many red flags at the moment to ignore him entirely.

This is interesting also.

For whatever reason probably that i'm not very good at this game it hadn't occurred to me that Harley would be a NRV like was said in the mods announcement.

It makes sense of course(or was actually the case), just didn't come into head she could be.

You call it a conversion as well which is what the mods called it, again it makes sense I guess but I actually would have thought if announced it would have been a lover was found.

And then your role claim comes later at frankly a bizzare time.

Bit late for this now but needless to say you aren't cleared in my book yet.

But I'll look into this more time wise tomoro

I openly explained why I came out on thread (ie, the task).

What purpose was there in me staying hidden exactly, when I had info worth sharing?

I call it a conversion because that's how it looked possible to me from the OP.

But all of that aside, ask yourself this:

We know that Thomas Wayne is in the game, as he was munched this morning.

I've posted clear evidence of myself and Gabs doing the same task.

Gabs is a clear villager, confirmed on his death - and I posted my task posts hours before Gabs even came into the thread.

I mean, if I'm a wolf I'm a super psychic wolf lol.

I don't mind you questioning me, or my methods (which are never perfect), but there's really not much to be gained in pursuing this line when nobody has counter claimed me tbh.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Desmond WW wrote: »
    Doris voted at 10.15
    Steve at 10.11

Very early votes

Im just back, explained on 2 occasions I wouldnt be here today so got mine done first thing.

I have also been peeked nrv so move along!

I openly explained why I came out on thread (ie, the task).

What purpose was there in me staying hidden exactly, when I had info worth sharing?

I call it a conversion because that's how it looked possible to me from the OP.

But all of that aside, ask yourself this:

We know that Thomas Wayne is in the game, as he was munched this morning.

I've posted clear evidence of myself and Gabs doing the same task.

Gabs is a clear villager, confirmed on his death - and I posted my task posts hours before Gabs even came into the thread.

I mean, if I'm a wolf I'm a super psychic wolf lol.

I don't mind you questioning me, or my methods (which are never perfect), but there's really not much to be gained in pursuing this line when nobody has counter claimed me tbh.

It was the last thing i noticed before retiring from the computer, i just wanted to get anything i felt was a bit off out there so the smart people could work it out,

But again all nrvs have been given names so itd make sense that baddies get ones too.

Its a little odd you came out with a kinda power role to help eva out.

You have mentioned nearly every batman character at this stage so you could have concocted the story, we only have your word on the tasks. You could have just worked it out from the info you had Available.

Im not saying its the case but ive cleared people before that have turned out bad without putting any thought into it, so i need to be sure or at least wary

So Jakey boy is next on my list.

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975d32c5df5957766745c034a9&rid=giphy.gif
    giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975d32d0de724945575958b667&rid=giphy.gif
    giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975d3327524953737a6ba798f1&rid=giphy.gif

Ugh. Fluff opening. All three of them.
    Nice one Wendy.

Responding to my list of who's posted. A tad pockety, not reading too much into it though.
    Yeah first thing is lynch on Monday eve. Unless of course you’re a wolf, then it’s the munch on Monday morning!

Mechanics, meh.
    Classic ‘Steve’

Responding to Shakespearean Steve. Interesting because Jake hadn't really commented on this before. Shows they're paying attention to the thread anyways.
    Whoop...Des is back.....
    giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975d338ce73471783159564f3a&rid=giphy.gif

Meh, not a clue what this is in reference to. Why excited about Des being back?
    Giddy & Excited like The Joker maybe??
    Are you the SK Angus?

Jokey probing of Angus. mention of the Joker. Is it just tree shaking? Or wolfy shade.
    Teddy!!

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975d348700576f34666f17eddd&rid=giphy.gif

&

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975d34868c4837504d51ac3f9f&rid=giphy.gif

FLUFF
    Omg I didn’t cop that!

Meh, related to the gif. Fluff.
    So you like Riddles Gabriel....

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975d3492ab596a64576bb28b5e&rid=giphy.gif

Again some probing, but in a jokey way. I'm getting a feeling Jake is being careful of committing to any accusations.
    Good morning Goths. Let the games begin.

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975d3560e343574559772820e6&rid=giphy.gif

Bleh. Fluff. I for some reason dislike being referred to as a Goth though lol.
    This is a difficult game with so many players. How will I narrow it down for tonights lynch!!

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975d35b5fc6a52457155ccdbf4&rid=giphy.gif

Posting for the sake of posting, I find this kinda wolfy tbh.
    Missed the game also. Bummer.

Meh. No way of knowing if this is true or not.
    Is Desmond dead then?

Meh. Answer in OP yadda yadda yadda. Again I just feel like you're not asking questions that need actually answering.
    Good point Con. It’d be mad for Dorris to let anyone now who she’s giving it too.

Pockety post with 'Con' here. If Jake is a wolf then Conor is likely not on his team. Note the use of a nickname. Weird.
    It as the best gif I could find!

Racing post discussion. Meh.
    That’s how I roll.

Meh. Not a clue how you roll Jake, you've given absolutely nuthin' to the thread of note tbh.
    Haven’t had a chance to do ffa#1 but I’m voting Orla tonight. Just can’t get around why she mentioned the asylum in her first post.

Ah a committal, finally. Reasoning being her very first post. Thing is that you've been poking at Gabs (now dead and good) and Angus very lightly but really I have no idea where you stand on anyone.

I will correct myself on one thing as per my wagonomics though earlier. You did at least commit to stating who you were voting for on thread. I wonder does the timing match up with this post though.

Conclusions:

Jake is playing his cards way too close to his chest.

It's like the opposite of Ewan, who was forthright about his accusations (even when he had no reasoning).

It's all too neutral and careful, even his accusations are framed as jokey posts.

The only time he commits to anything is his vote based off Orla's first post, which can be construed as bandwagoning tbh.

Gonna slide Jake into my wolf lean pile right now. Really not liking this ISO tbh.

So I decided I'd take Conor's post from today, given I already ISOed his day 0 posts here

Conor WW wrote: »
    What does NRV+ mean? I hadn't spotted the claim from Gabriel

Is it not strange theres been no SK kill?

Looking at Barbaras theory, she has it split into two sections when I think it can be split into three sections.
    The Joker could have found Harley and that might not be related to Eva's post

However from my quick scan it would seem likely that if he has found her then its likely to be from someone leaving breadcrumbs, and that points to Eva and Ewan?

Bolded part. I don't understand how anyone could come to this conclusion with no announcement at this point.

Mentions Eva and Ewan at the bottom in reference to Joker/Harley.
    I’d agree

Also @Liam I mentioned above that Barbara had broken her analysis out into two parts, neither of which were reliant on the other being true. Likewise I think he could have found Harley and Eva not be her but it certainly looks like she was breadcrumbing

This bring us to the question of why Gabs was munched. Here’s a theory

The wolves believe Barbara’s theory on Gabs and Eva, decide to get rid of another team, or part thereof. If this is true IMO it would lead me to believe in a less experienced wolf team, they would surely want the SK alive for a bit longer to keep the kill rate up.
    If that is the case I’d be leaning village on Barbara as she seems to experienced to do that. If she suspected Gabs I think she’d hold out for a night of two.

The real hole in my theory comes with why they would lynch Gabs over Eva, the evidence against her was a lot stronger IMO

I missed this. Conor, how did you know of my team with Gabs? It seems very specific given I hadn't mentioned anything on thread at this time.
    Good and bad news for Des and Abby, likely to not be suspected as a wolves just yet. Bad news is there’s a 25% chance they’ll be dead by lynch

Poison mechanics. Meh. Not sure what you mean by good and bad news, the poisoning does not instantly affect anyone's alignment. The results of the poisoning, yes.
    I would save, there’s too little info yet to be killing off people

I like this post, and agree with it. If Alfred takes a shot too early he could kill a villager and also condemn another villager to die, for 2 village deaths. Best to hold off and we try and kill Ivy.
    Why?
    I can only see Wendy and Eva having mentioned Harley prior to the paper coming out?

Hmmm... this seems to be a soft defence of Orla. Maybe nothing, but I'll come back to it if either flip wolf.
    Far too aggressive IMO, no need for a wolf to be sticking their head above the parapet

Defending Des now, although I find this one a bit more plausible. I've noted that Gertie thanked this post as well. Might ISO Gertie next.
    But if there theory about the paper is accurate is her timeline not off?

Still on about the paper. Still soft defending Orla. Interesting.
    Only we’ll probably only have 12 or so on here in the hour?

Competition talk. Very vocal against the plan as we will see.
    By some of us posting you might allow them to go for the higher probability number and not announce it on here?

And again
    Guys, posting your guess is a bad idea unless there are 15+ of us
    Even then I’m not convinced it’s a good idea.

Say I’m a wolf, I see that no one has picked between 2-13, I pick 7 and I’m maximising my odds

So if ur village pick a number between those and keep it to yourself pleass

Yeah see again I just don't see Conor wolf being hugely outspoken about this. It would be far easier to go with the flow I think.

My main issue is the constant hole picking at everything. It's like he wants everything to fail. I don't know why though.
    Why?
    They won’t announce which number won. If I win I’ll post here that I’ve won

I’ll also be looking back over this strategy and it’s origins cause it’s not villlage friendly at all
    I’d be very surprised if they announced the winning number or even the answer to the question. It’ll be announced that a prize has been awarded

I’ll post my number at 2pm just in case it is announced

More talk, states they'll post their number at 2pm. Fair enough. Very vocal as I said.
    I chose 3
    I posted at 2 where it wouldn’t give any info to the wolves

Responding to Henry (who also needs a look but I'm not sure I'll have time) about posting the number. Meh, I can see a villager doing this tbf.
    Guys this isn’t a hard concept to grasp

If nobody announces what number they are going for then the wolves pick 4-10-16, that’s their optimal chance of winning. They are never more than four away from the winning number

Instead they know that 13-20 are gone, so now they go 3-7-10, they’re never more than three away from winning

Also they could post up saying they are going for 7 we’ll say, keeping actual villagers away from the higher probability numbers

More number talk. Like Conor is very vocal here about this. I don't see what benefit it gives the wolves for some to be so vocal. Leaning a little more village as a result.
    She could be but in the absence of any evidence on anyone it’s a reasonable indicator of villageness. At the very least it would buy her a pass for today

On Doris announcing the prize, I agreed with this post at the time and I still like it.
    You’re missing the point. If they know for a fact that numbers 13-20 are taken by villagers it allows them to pretty much own the other half of the board!

More numbers talk. Like a lot of people are fighting with him over this. Does a wolf really make themselves that visible?
    Doris, that’s definitely one for yourself.

In fact I’d be wary of even discussing it with anyone, it might give the wolves a clue about who you go for and they’ll avoid that person.
    We’ll just have to trust you to pick who you think is best

Another good post on Doris's prize. Again, I find myself agreeing with Conor here, even if most of it is a little stating of the obvious. Meh.
    We’ll only know he made the right choice if you both live.
    In that scenario you’re looking pretty good Abigail, I don’t believe the wolves would leave it as a 50/50 that one of them would live

So pointing out that if Des lives then Abi looks good. Ok.
    I’d be very surprised at Dent having a BR with the other wolves. He could never be good in that scenario. The wolves could also kill him at the end of his bad phase

Theorising on Dent. I also agree with this. Now there's only two posts left but....
    Are we FFAing?

This one asks are we FFAing. Why not just give yours, it feels a bit like fishing.
    Sorry, I've been up to my eyeballs all evening, actually had a vote on Wendy, skimmed here and when I saw the role claim I switched to Eva.

I'm exhausted, I'll try and be more proactive tomorrow but for what its worth the explain that Wendy gave would tie into my thinking that Eva is ur one (I can't remember her name, the jokers buddy). Just cause it was a simple task does not make it invalid, sure those two had to just say their name

And last post. Vote for me, ok that's interesting. Given we had barely spoken apart from the numbers situation I find this a bit strange tbh.

Anyways, conclusions:

I mean, I really want to see Conor as a wolf but tbh I'm struggling to do so based on the second half of the ISO.

The vocal argument with half the thread is swaying me tbh, I just don't see a wolf being so obtuse about something like that. If Conor was a wolf he didn't need to say anything, even if he disagrees with the strategy.

Couple that with some fairly decent points re: Doris and his own theory on Eva/Harley, and there's some nice villagey points there.

Couple of reservations on this though: The contrarian thing is a bit grating. I can see why he might be read wolfy from it. That's maybe a playstyle thing though, not a criticism.

Also while there are glimmers, I'm not seeing his thought processes as he works through the thread, who are his suspects. He seems rooted to the spot on Harley Quinn and is just ignoring the other wolves.

Like here's a question Conor, give me even one line on what you think of:

Frank
    Abigail
    Holly
    Gertrude
    Desmond

Once I get some of your thought processes on the thread I'd be more comfortable with giving you a village lean....

• Advertisement

Ah bloody hell I'm too tired to do anymore, I realise I made an error there above, Conor was referring to Gabs and Eva as a team as per Babs theory.

Sorry folks, I'm goosed. Will leave it at that.

Advertisement