Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,826 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

This thread has about fifty active participants who probably each visit it up to 40 times a day. It's been alive for about 50 days. There are probably at least two silent lurkers for every active participant - but that's an educated guess.

With numbers like these, it's very easy to reach half a million 'views' - but, at the end of the day, it's not really all that many voters.

But hey! let's all puff out our chests and imagine that our wise (and other) words are being eagerly read by the vast majority of the voting public!

Sorry Jupiter, but those figures make no sense.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Objective surely?

FG have no concept of objectivity. And neither do you, considering your level of bias throughout the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

She has certainly fallen off her perch!

I can see that as an (unoffical) election poster next time she puts herself before the public: "Knock her off her perch...again!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

So about this €300,000 claim in the news today, brought by the Stokes and McDonagh clans from London. The Judge, FINALLY, and fair play to her, after dismissing all of the fraudulent claims and directed that the papers in all of the cases be sent to the DPP, suggested that the Law Society should also be contacted regarding the conduct of the solicitors who presented the London Travelers. Well, we all know that the Law Society represents the best interests of their membership, so nothing will come from it, but maybe the DPP could prosecute the law firm? There were obvious signs of fraud in this case and yet it continued all the way to today's proceedings.

The judge today stated that solicitors were contributing to the sort of fraud in front of her today.

Meanwhile, the Fine Gael Government's response to this insurance fraud crisis:

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

This thread has almost half a million views, and what's the infamous SOR interview YouTube/SoundCloud viewing count up to now?

This thread has about fifty active participants who probably each visit it up to 40 times a day. It's been alive for about 50 days. There are probably at least two silent lurkers for every active participant - but that's an educated guess.

With numbers like these, it's very easy to reach half a million 'views' - but, at the end of the day, it's not really all that many voters.

But hey! let's all puff out our chests and imagine that our wise (and other) words are being eagerly read by the vast majority of the voting public!
    OK while it's impossible to prove it looks very much like you're a FG shill.
    Do you ever sit back and ask yourself as a shill why are you always firefighting? Wouldn't it be great to actually have something positive to spin... Surely you can't be happy with the way your party is going/have gone?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Jupiter Mulligan

Sorry Jupiter, but those figures make no sense.

But the numbers do.

JeffKenna wrote: »
    OK while it's impossible to prove it looks very much like you're a FG shill.
    Do you ever sit back and ask yourself as a shill why are you always firefighting? Wouldn't it be great to actually have something positive to spin... Surely you can't be happy with the way your party is going/have gone?

Many thanks for the inspirational pep talk! I will immediately contact head office and ask to be reassigned to the good news spinning (or shrilling?) unit.

It doesn't matter. Raging impotently is his raison d'etre. FG are in a tailspin, and the toys are out of the pram.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

It doesn't matter. Raging impotently is his raison d'etre. FG are in a tailspin, and the toys are out of the pram.

Hope nobody slips on them

Kivaro wrote: »

The judge today stated that solicitors were contributing to the sort of fraud in front of her today.

Meanwhile, the Fine Gael Government's response to this insurance fraud crisis:

giphy.gif

What response would you recommend?

Personally I'd recall Alan Shatter to tackle the legal profession, but unfortunately the clueless nitwits in his constituency decided that Shane Ross was a better candidate so he hasn't got a seat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

LOL!

FG are the most popular party in this country! Get a grip man.

Tailspin. Lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

LOL!

Tailspin. Lol.

Brought you out of hiding ;)

Seems Madigan got a mention anyway. Very telling she's all tight lipped except when she's able to reveal good news about herself. Obviously had concerns going in.

Seems Madigan got a mention anyway. Very telling she's all tight lipped except when she's able to reveal good news about herself. Obviously had concerns going in.

Looks like the report vindicates her from any wrong doing. I'd say the famous five detectives and their wild conspiracy theories are raging.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Looks like the report vindicates her from any wrong doing. I'd say the famous five detectives and their wild conspiracy theories are raging.

Does it?

That's obviously why Leo refused to publish it, and Madigans clinging to her client/lawyer confidentiality spiel.

Parody you are. :D

Can you send on a link?

Bailey was caught out and Josepha was likely involved, otherwise she wouldn't be commenting on her inclusion being favourable. Leo blew it. Even if he was seen to do something, it's too late. The arrogant entitlement party.

• Registered Users Posts: 66,848 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Bailey was caught out and Josepha was likely involved, otherwise she wouldn't be commenting on her inclusion being favourable. Leo blew it. Even if he was seen to do something, it's too late. The arrogant entitlement party.

Or in her opinion/spin it is 'favourable'. She wouldn't be the first politician trying to get out ahead of a coming storm by shouting 'it's calm, what storm?'

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

LOL!

Tailspin. Lol.

According to the recent opinion poll FF are five percentage points ahead of FG.

https://www.thejournal.ie/fianna-fail-opinion-poll-3-4684640-Jun2019/

That creature from Jupiter deleted his account abruptly. Most unexpected :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

I think your bowel movements are affecting your brain. Recent polls put FF ahead of FG .

• Advertisement

Can you send on a link?

It's an internal party report. It's not for the public domain.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

That creature from Jupiter deleted his account abruptly. Most unexpected :rolleyes:

Seriously?
    That’s gas
    I dont want to call mods out but the blatant and painfully obvious FG spinbots in threads like these is just laughable and so apparent.
    It’s a wonder it’s allowed continue. Although they usually expose themselves within a few sentences

"Looks like the report vindicates her from any wrong doing."

Have you got chronic amnesia, or an insider working overtime online?

Yet it vindicated her as per you...

:D

If it's all roses for Fine Gael....why is Leo hiding it?

Can you send on a link?

We're clean... We promise... Believe us!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

It'll be back in a few hours re rag'd.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,826 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

It's like someone saying "Ask me Mam am I a liar" and not even a sign of the mother around the place.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

It'll be back in a few hours re rag'd.

Hail Hydra! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 66,848 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

You mean it 'became' an internal party report after Leo saw it. Initially he said he would consider publishing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭mike_cork

Its only a matter of time before the report gets leaked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement