Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone still waiting for stuff from China?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

mad muffin wrote: »
    From Hong Kong to Ireland in 5 days :eek:

Holy fudge Batman!

Hong Kong to Ireland has always been quick for me. I have a supplier there who I order from every month, always around a week or so to get to me in Dublin.

China Post in general from the mainland is generally fairly quick for me, around two or three weeks.

It's the shipments that are sent via Yanwen/Economic that are an absolute lottery. Like a post above, had some stuff posted via Yanwen first week of February, tracking showed they'd ended up in Istanbul and nothing since. Had given up on them arriving, and one seller had refunded me without me even asking about it! They both turned up last week :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭raxy

I'm finding an post to be the issue with my orders. 2 items I ordered have been sitting in fonthill for 10 days now & no sign of an post delivering them.
    Phoned to query it last week to be told despite an post marking them as delivered successfully they are still in the depot waiting to be delivered.
    Another item was marked as arrived at destination post office on 20th April but no sign of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭juno10353

Duffryman wrote: »
    Am considering ordering from Wish for the first time. I know it's probably been asked here a thousand times before, but I honestly can't find a recent answer to a pretty straightforward question - it is generally fairly reliable? I don't mind waiting 6 to 8 weeks for delivery if I can be sure things will eventually arrive properly.

Have ordered loads from Wish.
    Read descriptions and reviews carefully.
    Do not recommend clothing as the materials resemble umbrella covering.
    Household products are good value.
    Their customer service is really good. Complained about quality of clothing item, was asked for photo, once photo was sent the money was returned immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

juno10353 wrote: »
    Have ordered loads from Wish.
    Read descriptions and reviews carefully.
    Do not recommend clothing as the materials resemble umbrella covering.
    Household products are good value.
    Their customer service is really good. Complained about quality of clothing item, was asked for photo, once photo was sent the money was returned immediately.

+1 on this, also Wish have started asking for a copy of your bank statements and passport to continue using them.

Closed my account. You can find it on eBay cheaper (or Joom) in most cases anyway.

https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/www.wish.com

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭juno10353

Kamili wrote: »
    +1 on this, also Wish have started asking for a copy of your bank statements and passport to continue using them.

Closed my account. You can find it on eBay cheaper (or Joom) in most cases anyway.

https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/www.wish.com

Use wish regularly and have never been asked for bank statements or passport details. Last order placed yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,232 ✭✭✭corkie

AnPost holding things back again?
    corkie wrote: »
    Another item ordered Apr. 12 2019 should be hopefully delivered this week.
    https://track.aftership.com/sypost/LP00128071311432?

Above item finally arrived today 24th May!

A month latter than when reported in the country.

False tracking info or is AnPost holding stuff back again?

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

I got an item yesterday that was posted over 9 weeks ago...I wonder if some of the delay is caused by An Post giving priority to 'fly tipping' election junk in our post boxes instead of delivering real mail.

Anyway they are a dreadful company now...kind of a another version of Fastway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

archer22 wrote: »
    I got an item yesterday that was posted over 9 weeks ago...I wonder if some of the delay is caused by An Post giving priority to 'fly tipping' election junk in our post boxes instead of delivering real mail.

Anyway they are a dreadful company now...kind of a another version of Fastway!

They get paid for fly tipping election junk but they don't get paid for stuff from China, you decide :pac:

my3cents wrote: »
    They get paid for fly tipping election junk but they don't get paid for stuff from China, you decide :pac:

They do get paid for it,same as every other postal service in Europe...who have no difficulty with delivering it on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

archer22 wrote:
    They do get paid for it,same as every other postal service in Europe...who have no difficulty with delivering it on time.

Where have you information on how much they get paid? Would like to read it, as it's fairly well known they do not receive money for most of the post from China.

• Advertisement

RossieMan wrote: »
    Where have you information on how much they get paid? Would like to read it, as it's fairly well known they do not receive money for most of the post from China.

Read back over the thread you will find it...just because the Chinese government sponsors postage doesn't mean it's free.

They don't get paid anything like the actual cost of delivering the items because China is still considered a developing nation under the agreements for international mail.

They don't get paid anything like the actual cost of delivering the items because China is still considered a developing nation under the agreements for international mail.

Well then An Post should come out and say they won't deliver it instead of acting the bollocks by delaying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,217 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Read back over the thread you will find it...just because the Chinese government sponsors postage doesn't mean it's free.

they dont get paid what it costs them to deliver them. Actual figures are hard to come by but the US Post Office loses $1 on average for every parcel it receives from china.

https://www.ft.com/content/876bc3ec-aadb-11e8-8253-48106866cd8a

• Registered Users Posts: 40,217 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Well then An Post should come out and say they won't deliver it instead of acting the bollocks by delaying it.

they have an obligation to deliver them.

archer22 wrote:

They don't delay it. They do it when they have the manpower to sort it. It's not there priority. Getting in a massive container of unsorted mail must be a complete cluster **** to sort.

they have an obligation to deliver them.

So they have to deliver it anyway...but they just act like passive aggressive pricks about doing it.
    So what do they gain by that :confused:

So they have to deliver it anyway...but they just act like passive aggressive pricks about doing it.
    So what do they gain by that :confused:

I honestly don't know but I think its a An Post management way of getting their own back on the Chinese for not paying their prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭raxy

I think it's volume combined with incompetence. I had parcels marked as delivered successfully but not received. Eventually after complaining I was sent to the depot to collect. At the depot I was told they knew nothing about them & I would be contacted when they were found.
    They delivered them the next day.

On the other hand I had an item marked as arrived in destination country yesterday morning 8am. When I got home there was an attempted delivery docket waiting for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,537 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

That was surprisingly quick:

481126.png

Another one, untracked, came after 11 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

17Track is telling me an item from Singapore arrived in Ireland 10 days ago, no results for the tracking on An Post, is there any point in me contacting them or should I just wait?

Thargor wrote:
    17Track is telling me an item from Singapore arrived in Ireland 10 days ago, no results for the tracking on An Post, is there any point in me contacting them or should I just wait?

No point unless it's tracked. Even then you'll get fobbed off.

Well I have a tracking number that's how I know it's in Ireland, I'll give it another week and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 snapslam

Thargor wrote: »

I have two sent by Singapore post. One arrived in Ireland last Monday and second one yesterday. I rang an post as couldn't track either with them. I gave them first one's tracking and after about 2min on hold I was told he can see it still en route to Ireland. I didn't get to ask anything else as he must of just hang up! Anyways the first one seems to have arrived in Ireland again yesterday when I checked tracking? Think I'll choose China post next time delivered in 3 weeks with detailed tracking

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

An item I ordered in the 22nd of April arrived this morning 28/05, so 5 weeks and a day.

snapslam wrote: »
    I have two sent by Singapore post. One arrived in Ireland last Monday and second one yesterday. I rang an post as couldn't track either with them. I gave them first one's tracking and after about 2min on hold I was told he can see it still en route to Ireland. I didn't get to ask anything else as he must of just hang up! Anyways the first one seems to have arrived in Ireland again yesterday when I checked tracking? Think I'll choose China post next time delivered in 3 weeks with detailed tracking
    Came today, not too bad.

Came today, not too bad.

Did it show up on an post tracking or just arrive in your letterbox?

Yeah I checked in the morning and both An Post and 17track reporting it as Out For Delivery then around 11am it changed to Delivered and I got an email from reception saying I had a package.

Yeah I checked in the morning and both An Post and 17track reporting it as Out For Delivery then around 11am it changed to Delivered and I got an email from reception saying I had a package.

That's great, No sign of mine being delivered yet but there's hope now. Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Ilovemycharlie

waiting on a 10+ orders from DHGate atm.

Advertisement