Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone still waiting for stuff from China?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Ordered December 15th, arrived yesterday January 22nd.

Tracking was showing "Shipment ready for dispatch" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

Like others have seen recently, package left Beijing January 14th and arrived yesterday.

In fairness, I've not had a much of a wait on anything from China for most of last year, certainly not the month+ that many of you were seeing outside of the Christmas period.

My local DSU is Swords, them and my regular postman have been great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Got a load of stuff this last week. Some been ordered in October. Most importantly I got an xmas present from my brother. He asked what I wanted. Pointed him to it on Amazon and ebay and suggested using the ebay one as it was a hell of a lot cheaper and will work the exact same. Was lovely to get an xmas pressie near the end of January :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,576 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Item paid for on 29th of December, just arrived. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭corkie

corkie wrote: »
    Still waiting on 2 more orders from last year.

Nov. 23 and Dec. 10.

And they arrived today 24th along with another order from: -

January 15th by China Post Ordinary Small Packet Plus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Don't forget Chinese new year is a couple of weeks away and things more or less shut up shop for the week so it may have some knock on effects or delays onto late feb/March. If your placing an order and need it in somewhat of a hurry best getting around to it asap

• Registered Users Posts: 40,321 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

5500 wrote: »
    Don't forget Chinese new year is a couple of weeks away and things more or less shut up shop for the week so it may have some knock on effects or delays onto late feb/March. If your placing an order and need it in somewhat of a hurry best getting around to it asap

It starts on Monday week officially

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭mossy464

Another item arrived this morning.

Ordered January 10th.

Arrived January 25th.

Shipped via normal china post

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Ordered an item on Jan 18th and it was delivered today. Would have been earlier if not for the 3 days in UK customs.

Ordered item on Jan 12th.

Arrived today.

All 3 items I have ordered have arrived within 2-3 weeks. Waiting on one more item ordered on Jan 14th.

• Advertisement

Final item ordered Jan 14th. Arrived today.

Zapals order from 26/12/18, processed on the 22nd Jan, arrived today 4th Feb!

Ordered some more stuff last Thursday. Still awaiting shipment. Is this likely due to Chinese New year?

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

mossy464 wrote: »
    Ordered some more stuff last Thursday. Still awaiting shipment. Is this likely due to Chinese New year?
    I would assume so. A shop I use regularly was closed from Feb 1st through to Feb 13th.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Ordered something on march 18th, last update was on 24th march saying....:

Planned air transportation, flight number LH8411-LH978, departure time 06:20, Guangzhou

Messaged seller he said check with my local post office ?

Two items order the start of March.

https://t.17track.net/en#nums=RX469226146CN,UR113553487CN

Second Item, arrived about 3 weeks ago.

First Item arrived last Friday and unusual on cheap post (China Post Registered Air Mail) was tracked to delivery here.

Ordered Apr. 08 2019 >>> 24th ~~~ Item arrived today!

Another item ordered Apr. 12 2019 should be hopefully delivered this week.
    https://track.aftership.com/sypost/LP00128071311432?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,576 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Things slightly improved. 3 recent items, 16 days, 18 days and one even 8 days! :eek:

Ordered a cheapo phone tripod from Wish on 3rd April. Received a package on Friday 19th - pretty quick or what!! It was delivered to the wrong address. Thankfully living in a really rural area where everyone knows everyone.

Anyway, got my package. On the customs label it said that it was a pen holder. That's not a problem.

Opened package. Inside was not a phone tripod. Nor was it a pen holder. Am now the proud owner of a vibrating prostate massager :D

Was thinking of where to tell Wish to stuff it but I think they already know.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Duffryman

Am considering ordering from Wish for the first time. I know it's probably been asked here a thousand times before, but I honestly can't find a recent answer to a pretty straightforward question - it is generally fairly reliable? I don't mind waiting 6 to 8 weeks for delivery if I can be sure things will eventually arrive properly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Duffryman wrote:
    Am considering ordering from Wish for the first time. I know it's probably been asked here a thousand times before, but I honestly can't find a recent answer to a pretty straightforward question - it is generally fairly reliable? I don't mind waiting 6 to 8 weeks for delivery if I can be sure things will eventually arrive properly.

It's all ****e on wish. Buy from AliExpress. Sellers actually care about their products being decent as they have ratings to maintain.

@Duffryman Never used 'Wish' myself, but as the site lacks a dedicated thread here, kind of speaks for itself.

As @RossieMan says try Aliexpress or even Amazon/Ebay over it, depending on what your purchasing? (I wouldn't buy an expensive device like a phone from ebay)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Duffryman

Well, that's a pretty straightforward answer! Thanks. Will take your advice.

BTW, it's only now that I read all of the message above mine, about how a certain unwanted item arrived instead of what was actually ordered. Even more reason to steer clear....!

Duffryman wrote: »
    Well, that's a pretty straightforward answer! Thanks. Will take your advice.

BTW, it's only now that I read all of the message above mine, about how a certain unwanted item arrived instead of what was actually ordered. Even more reason to steer clear....!

I've ordered quite a lot of stuff from Wish over the last couple of years and only once had a poor result ^^^

The rest of my orders came fairly quickly and were good enough quality for the price I paid, which I have to admit, was very little.

It really all depends on what you are looking to get - most of the cheaper stuff is the exact same as what you'll get from Ali or Banggood or even eBay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

I ordered one item recently on AliExpress, all small items, an eye glasses case. I ordered it on April 16th and had it shipped to Parcel Motel in Newtonabbey, it came into Parcel Motel this morning and will be in my local locker tomorrow morning. The Parcel Motel charge cost more than the item itself but I wanted it faster.

I ordered two more small items on the 18th and 22nd of April and opted to have them send direct to my address in Ireland so it will be interesting to see how long they take to arrive from China. I am sure it will take longer than going via the UK Parcel Motel route.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,321 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

theguzman wrote: »
    I ordered one item recently on AliExpress, all small items, an eye glasses case. I ordered it on April 16th and had it shipped to Parcel Motel in Newtonabbey, it came into Parcel Motel this morning and will be in my local locker tomorrow morning. The Parcel Motel charge cost more than the item itself but I wanted it faster.

I ordered two more small items on the 18th and 22nd of April and opted to have them send direct to my address in Ireland so it will be interesting to see how long they take to arrive from China. I am sure it will take longer than going via the UK Parcel Motel route.

items shipped directly to ireland seem to be going pretty quickly at the moment. I placed an order on the 20th of April that i received yesterday. Plenty of recent orders have been arriving as quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

items shipped directly to ireland seem to be going pretty quickly at the moment. I placed an order on the 20th of April that i received yesterday. Plenty of recent orders have been arriving as quickly.

I am experiencing the opposite, absolutely nothing coming from China, some of the items were ordered around 2 months ago.

Even a book shipped from Germany took nearly 3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

I ordered a small item from a Chinese Ebay seller on March 20th. It came by economy delivery and was last tracked in Istanbul on April 3rd. Arrived today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

The item I ordered on the 18th of April arrived this morning, it was trans-shipped from China to Manila as part of a bulk shipment I'd say, It was then posted from the Philippines to Ireland. I removed the mailing label with a hairdryer and discovered it originated in China as part of a transshipment. Yanwen Economic Air Mail were the free shipping I chose.

US President Donald Trump has taken the US out of the International Postal Union as part of his intensification of the US-China Trade war. Some Chinese sellers are now using the Philippines as a transshipment point to circumvent the US import duties. The Philippines having preferential access to the US would see stuff get into the US faster and avoid duties that way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

From Hong Kong to Ireland in 5 days :eek:

Holy fudge Batman!

Advertisement