Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: HBO's Deadwood

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Ewan WW wrote: »
    I'm thinking the posters with the most posts suspicious so Vernon Desmond and Brendan why not?

Why not indeed

The thing about this gold rush is is that even though the wolves can only claim a prize once while ellesworth is alive, they can win multiple times and restrict the village from getting any powers. A good way for the wolves to win would be to try and assert dominance over that task and restrict the villages winning power.

It's my general gut feeling at the moment

Brendan WW wrote: »
    Well... TECHNICALLY the wolves did that with some help from the vig and Doc Eva :pac:

It was a multi team effort lol

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

I'm thinking the posters with the most posts suspicious so Vernon Desmond and Brendan why not?

So far the two high posters killed were good, how is that strategy working out for us ? I presume there has to be one high poster wolf, but we dont learn anything from killing a high posting villager.

And at this stage, you all know more about the higher posters then we do the lower posters. I am not advocating we kill low posters, but there is no obvious candidate unless we want to kill Vernon for his mistake ?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Sorry I took 4, is it 8 for you?

Ok will do

Desmond WW wrote: »
    In fact, anybody below 20 posts needs to talk more. There are 530 posts.

Vernon 80 (15%)
    Desmond 78 (14.7%)
    Eva 71(13.4%) Deadwood
    Brendan 60 (11%)
    Barbara 52 (10%) Deadwood
    Everybody else circa 35%

Not everyone has the time to maintain that kind of volume

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Tegan WW wrote: »
    Morning everyone.
    Evening all...how would that work? All the wolves have to do is pick those numbers too and then none of those numbers will win. Unless I'm reading it wrong?
    I'm still not sure I get it but that could be down to the hangover.
    Morning all. Im working today but I'll be around for first one.

#goldrush
    12.30 - 1.29 - Yes
    And/or
    16.30 - 17.29 - No

Not much from Tegan so far. I've not contributed a huge amount yet, but Tegan said they'd be around from 12.30-1.29 and then didn't post again after their post this morning. They did say they were working to be fair. Still just day one, but Tegan just sort of went along with the plan and didn't outline whether they thought it made those involved lean good or bad for her, especially Desmond who came up with the plan. Although that may have been because of the aforementioned hangover.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

If I start narrating in the third voice it'll likely get me killed again? I've resisted since the general opinion was that I was a tad weird.

Wendy WW wrote: »

It is just a strategy. Im a high poster so of course its in my interest, but we dont learn anything from lower posters by ignoring them.

In fact, anybody below 20 posts needs to talk more. There are 530 posts.

Vernon 80 (15%)
    Desmond 78 (14.7%)
    Eva 71(13.4%) Deadwood
    Brendan 60 (11%)
    Barbara 52 (10%) Deadwood
    Everybody else circa 35%

Angus and Mary, both above 20 posts but not listed in the percentages

Not saying that Desmond is a wolf, but if he is a wolf, one of Angus or Mary could be too. It would be a good way of deflecting pressure without bring them to attention

Katie WW wrote: »
    First.
    My a wolf what?!
    Very strange first post.
    And no. It just means a hangover woke me and I was perusing boards whilst wallowing and I noticed qb had called game on.
    #goldrush
    12.30 - 1.29 - No (could if required; will be in a meeting but could phone post)
    And/or
    16.30 - 17.29 - Yes
    I’ve never seen an episode of GOT.

Quick flurry of posts in the beginning. Was the first to post but I don't see that as being too indicative of whether they are good or bad. They said they'd be around for the goldrush around this hour yet haven't posted yet. They did say that around half four this morning though so things may have changed. Also goes along with the goldrush plan with much visible questioning of it or its motives.

• Advertisement

It is just a strategy. Im a high poster so of course its in my interest, but we dont learn anything from lower posters by ignoring them.

I suppose you're right. Perhaps I'm being overly defensive and self preservating myself lol

If I start narrating in the third voice it'll likely get me killed again? I've resisted since the general opinion was that I was a tad weird.

You've got about a day or two of freedom at least thanks to Derry imo

Not saying that Desmond is a wolf, but if he is a wolf, one of Angus or Mary could be too. It would be a good way of deflecting pressure without bring them to attention

Maybe it would . . Or maybe since nobody else is actually trying to come up with suggestions I dont have the time to do it all on my own and come up with ideas that are full proof or cover all angles.

I am all ears if you have ways of getting people to interact so we can learn things about them while having a decent strategy for night 1 ?

Had the vig not killed Orla we could be chatting about other things.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Let me help ya Franky.

Ewan:

deadwood-season-1-episode-09-olyphant-mcshane-parker-dourif-brown-hawkes-malcomson-sanderson-weigert-boothe-dvdbash05.jpg
    th?id=OIP.Xs1MJ8J--zYmhkT27dXBYAEsDI&pid=Api&P=0&w=239&h=160
    bigger_is_better_womens_boy_brief.jpg?color=FuchsiaPink&height=460&width=460&qv=90
    I'm observing my prey
    Back now Tiger and Pool won, pure magic
    TNA?
    Would 1 be picked by everyone?
    It's coming back
    What I miss, who got gold?
    What's the plan for the next Goldrush, I'm trying to catch up, we all pick a number or only some?
    Is this confirmed and only they pick?
    Sure will do
    4 it is
    PM for 4 done
    Sorry I took 4, is it 8 for you?

A whole pile of fluff yesterday and talk about a number today. Doesn't inspire much confidence tbh.

I suppose you're right. Perhaps I'm being overly defensive and self preservating myself lol

Feel bad for my snarky post now . . Soz . .

That fooking picture. God dammit Brendan.

giphy.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

I’m no wolfie. Any reason you left me and Mary out Desmond?

Angus WW wrote: »
    I’m no wolfie. Any reason you left me and Mary out Desmond?

Cause I wasnt arsed adding another two names to the excel spreadsheet I was quickly throwing together . .

I was trying to highlight that most of the posts are among a handfull of us and that 2 of those 5 are dead and were goodies. I find it unlikely (but not impossible) that 2 or more of us high posters are wolves.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Pm”d 8

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Someone posts about low posters, I'm one aswell, and you double your post count in the next 15 mins! Good work Wendy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Will try to get on for the next hour plus while I have a bit of a window. Not as busy as some games but still spending so long trying to catch up in every free minute at the moment. I'm guessing the wolves got the first prize via covering one to four while Angus failed with his pm to cover the number I was assigned. I wasn't online to confirm I was going for so at least someone tried, if they are on the level, to step in.

I'm no good at Wagonomics, or stuff of that sort but the SK is dead so at least the kill rate will be down.

Well I got no PM :(

Abigail WW wrote: »
    Will try to get on for the next hour plus while I have a bit of a window. Not as busy as some games but still spending so long trying to catch up in every free minute at the moment. I'm guessing the wolves got the first prize via covering one to four while Angus failed with his pm to cover the number I was assigned. I wasn't online to confirm I was going for so at least someone tried, if they are on the level, to step in.

I'm no good at Wagonomics, or stuff of that sort but the SK is dead so at least the kill rate will be down.

Hey don’t go accusing me of stuff. I failed at nothing! *goes to sulk in corner*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

Though the residents of Deadwood mined all evening, it was to prove a fruitless endeavour. No gold was found.

WerewolfGM wrote: »
    Though the residents of Deadwood mined all evening, it was to prove a fruitless endeavour. No gold was found.

Wolves be wolfing. So we know there's at least one wolf in that group.

Holly WW wrote: »
    Someone posts about low posters, I'm one aswell, and you double your post count in the next 15 mins! Good work Wendy!

It worked lol

That it coincided with my manager leaving the office is merely a coincidence

WerewolfGM wrote: »

Does that mean the wolves blocked it?

guessing so.

So we had a wolf in the top 4 both times? Sucks we don’t have a prize but good info to have for those who are good at wagonomics

• Advertisement

Frank WW wrote: »
    Wolves be wolfing. So we know there's at least one wolf in that group.

I have no idea how we know that but great if it's true can you explain how? read too much in one go just now

Advertisement