Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: HBO's Deadwood

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Vernon WW wrote: »
    I wasn’t gonna tell them that in thread, Des, just Incase they hadn’t thought of it themselves :D

Everyone should be assigned a number. The comp is after munch and dunno when SK kills but their will be No’s 1-19 at least. Based on what number wins, the seer gets a reduced player list to select from at least.

I don’t want a bandwagon situation later on in game where it’s set in stone that Vernon getting number 3 and winning the gold looks suss, so we should hang him! ;)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Anyways I'm going to catch a few hours sleep before the big show tonight. Chalk me in for the second goldrush slot, can't commit to the first one at the moment.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Desmond WW wrote: »

Anything else anybody can see?

The wolf could win first off, use the power for good and then not be rotated back in for five turns, meaning we learn nothing but at least the village is getting the prizes

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Good day to you kind sirs and ma'ams!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

I don’t want a bandwagon situation later on in game where it’s set in stone that Vernon getting number 3 and winning the gold looks suss, so we should hang him! ;)

Awww don’t kill Vern :(

• Advertisement

Vernon WW wrote: »
    Awww don’t kill Vern :(

Suspicious reference to self in the third person noted

You can leave me out of any number picking and requirement to be here at a certain time. I'll be phone posting for the vast majority :D

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Wendy WW wrote: »
    Suspicious reference to self in the third person noted

Luckily Gertrude doesn’t do that. She can read a clock upside down though

Once he dies the wolves can win more? Shouldn’t we aim to find him and protect him, more of us than them?

Wolves try to find powerful villagers. Villagers try to find wolves

Barbara WW wrote: »
    The wolf could win first off, use the power for good and then not be rotated back in for five turns, meaning we learn nothing but at least the village is getting the prizes

True dat...

So if people are interested in trying this out can they copy and paste:

#goldrush
    12.30 - 1.29 - Yes/No
    And/or
    16.30 - 17.29 - Yes/No

I don’t mind choosing 10-12 random people but im ok if somebody else has an alternative suggestion.

• Advertisement

#goldrush
    12.30 - 1.29 - Yes
    And
    16.30 - 17.29 - Yes

Wendy WW wrote: »
    You can leave me out of any number picking and requirement to be here at a certain time. I'll be phone posting for the vast majority :D

Wendy’s availability for gold rush Monday

#goldrush
    12.30 - 1.29 - No
    And
    16.30 - 17.29 - No

giphy.gif

Wendy’s availability for gold rush Monday

#goldrush
    12.30 - 1.29 - No
    And
    16.30 - 17.29 - No

giphy.gif

#goldrush
    12.30 - 1.29 - Yes
    And
    16.30 - 17.29 - Yes

#goldrush
    12.30 - 1.29 - Yes
    And
    16.30 - 17.29 - Yes

What are the benefits to asking people to nominate themselves as opposed to choosing at random?

I suppose any wolf who doesn’t want to do it can say they aren’t available

I’m off to bed guys

What are the benefits to asking people to nominate themselves as opposed to choosing at random?

If we choose at random people can just say they weren’t available and they might not be which gives wolves a chance to sneak in.

If we can’t get more then 6 even for earlier vote then it’s already a dead stick. The wolves have 4 people who can coordinate together and at least try and make sure they all get a vote in.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

I'm afraid I've already got commitments tomorrow (hence why I mentioned the possibility tomorrow), as the picture show is coming through town and I've made prior arrangements with a belle.

#goldrush
    12.30 - 1.29 - No
    And
    16.30 - 17.29 - No

I'd imagine wolves would love to get their names into the equation to be honest. They'll want to win, and would love to get themselves an unopposed lower number, right?

• Advertisement

Dunno how I’m gonna stay awake for two more hours!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Oops looks like I’m a bit late to the party....sorry everyone.

I’m really tired and don’t know if it’s that, or I’m just stupid, but I’m not understanding the gold rush strategies at all! I will be around tomorrow though and would love if someone would just assign me a number :D

#goldrush
    12.30 - 1.29 - Yes
    And
    16.30 - 17.29 - Yes

1st competition isn’t until midday tomorrow so loads of time to get our heads around it, Angus.

I have a suggestion with regards to randomly assigning number to player. Might work for the first time but could we pass the alphabetical player list below around each other in turn. First player on the list starts and picks a number for a player of their own choosing? Then the next player on the list chooses. I know we have to allow for players who can’t make the comp but they could be given a number from 10 onwards.

Would that be random enough?

Abigail WW
    Angus WW
    Barbara WW
    Brendan WW
    Conor WW
    Derry WW
    Desmond WW
    Eva WW
    Ewan WW
    Frank WW
    Gertrude WW
    Holly WW
    Katie WW
    Mary WW
    Orla WW
    Phil WW
    Steve WW
    Tegan WW
    Vernon WW
    Wendy WW

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

Just a friendly request to you all, please do not post Game of Thrones spoilers in this thread. Some mods won't get to see the episode until Monday or Tuesday night while they are busy with Deadwood and RL, it could be the same for some of you players as well.

Say that the episode was great, grand, terrible, but please don't even post a comment like "I cried" or "Noooooo!" etc. which hints at a dramatic story-beat or twist/death to come. This request also extends to the COP backrooms as well. (Feel free to create a GoT Spoilers Thread in your backroom though if you have one and I'll keep the fúck outta there!)

Please be sound about this, and we won't consider doing away with auto-priest. Thank You :)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

#goldrush
    12.30 - 1.29 - No (could if required; will be in a meeting but could phone post)
    And/or
    16.30 - 17.29 - Yes

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

WerewolfGM wrote: »
    Just a friendly request to you all, please do not post Game of Thrones spoilers in this thread. Some mods won't get to see the episode until Monday or Tuesday night while they are busy with Deadwood and RL, it could be the same for some of you players as well.

Say that the episode was great, grand, terrible, but please don't even post a comment like "I cried" or "Noooooo!" etc. which hints at a dramatic story-beat or twist/death to come. This request also extends to the COP backrooms as well. (Feel free to create a GoT Spoilers Thread in your backroom though if you have one and I'll keep the fúck outta there!)

Please be sound about this, and we won't consider doing away with auto-priest. Thank You :)
    I’ve never seen an episode of GOT.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

#goldrush
    12.30 - 1.29 - Yes
    And
    16.30 - 17.29 - Yes

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Katie WW wrote: »
    I’ve never seen an episode of GOT.

Don’t think I trust Katie :pac:

Gonna try to be online at the gold rush times but if it’s run again tomorrow I’d probably be a bit more confident of doing so

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

goldrush
    12.30 - 1.29 - Yes
    And
    16.30 - 17.29 - Yes

Advertisement