Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Wolf Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Jake WW wrote: »
    POSTER TIME A B C
    Brendan 10:05 Barbara Tegan Desmond
    Barbara 12:48 Conor Frank
    Vernon 17:45 Eva Conor Henry
    Gabriel 18:11 Abigail Oisin Wendy
    Phil 18:17 Barbara Oisin Vernon
    Frank 18:30 Barbara Gertrude Henry
    18:34 Barbara Reveal
    Conor 18:59 Derry Oisin Frank
    Jake 19:03 Desmond Abigail Henry
    Eva 19:25 Barbara Desmond Frank
    Tegan 20:21 Brendan Jake

Clodagh 20:30 Barbara Jake Abigail
    Gertrude 20:31 Barbara Frank Doris

Highlighting FFAs of those killed or poisoned. Frank being poisoned while also being FFAd by Eva and Babs is the only thing that stands out. Frank happy enough to die kinda negates it somewhat unless its a double bluff of some sort

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    Highlighting FFAs of those killed or poisoned. Frank being poisoned while also being FFAd by Eva and Babs is the only thing that stands out. Frank happy enough to die kinda negates it somewhat unless its a double bluff of some sort

I had highlighted Tegan aswell but cant edit above post

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    Out of curiosity then, can you see anything in particular then?

I'd have no problems discussing Eva if you think you can tie her death to someone in particular. If you just want to talk generalities about her though, then *Shrug*.

Well she was quite hot after Desmond for a good part of the day but she also had referenced Frank in her FFA.

In my experience I find people who play alone on a team are easier spooked then those with team mates. And more likely to protect themselves even if it might look dodge (but a lot of the time people dont bother looking back at why people might have been killed)

Frodo was out in the open but Balrog didn't take him he instead chose Eva over him.

It's certainly worth thinking about at the very least and I didn't want it just glossed over because it happened so early in the day

I've a slight worry bout Derry. A note I took yesterday that I need to do research into him on. But only a slight one.
    Mainly the note was about these two posts in rapid succession.

He posts, then 3 minutes latter, posts again in response to himself.

I made a note of the posts, but that was it. But given the comments about Gollum this morning, it flagged up the note for me again.

The reason I said I wanted to do research though was because I wanted to go back through his posts a bit more, and see if this was the only time he responded to himself. But I'm working at the moment so haven't had a chance to do so yet. But since you pushed....

@phil did you manage to go back through my posts yet or were you just casting some light shade?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Clodagh WW wrote: »

Maybe he knows he’s only fake poisioned. I have no reason to think this - I’m just blue sky thinking.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    Maybe why Balrog decided he wanted to take her over Frodo who could be converted to the bad teams?

Its hardly weird to want to look into it, bit weird you questioning that all the same

Look you just said 'oh I want to discuss Eva' not any other context or reasons for it. I thought you might have genuinely forgot that she was dead. But sure, jump on me for asking a bloody question.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Well she was quite hot after Desmond for a good part of the day but she also had referenced Frank in her FFA.

In my experience I find people who play alone on a team are easier spooked then those with team mates. And more likely to protect themselves even if it might look dodge (but a lot of the time people dont bother looking back at why people might have been killed)

Frodo was out in the open but Balrog didn't take him he instead chose Eva over him.

It's certainly worth thinking about at the very least and I didn't want it just glossed over because it happened so early in the day

I didn’t kill her if that’s your inference, I’d have to be some dope to kill the person who is clearly hampering my enjoyment of the game.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

@phil did you manage to go back through my posts yet or were you just casting some light shade?

Column A & column B.

I've been mad busy all day, so only going back over stuff now. In particular, started at 10am and moved forward to start off with. Not looked particularly at you as an individual yet. But I will admit that based on how people reacted post poisoning, I've got a better feeling about you now. Not cleared, but in the aftermath of the munch, you looked to take a little control over the direction the village was heading in.

Now, that's not to say you weren't just a wolf trying to set a narrative post poison. But I tend to think it more likely such a narrative would be more subtle than you were posting.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod Announcement:

Liam WW has been modkilled. He was an NRV.

Another downside to the fake posioning is if people are going to come out saying save the other person they are more or less saying im a NRV to the baddies.

Now of course a role could gamble and it could be a member of team Sauron on a bluff but most likely you are just giving away free info to the bad team and another reason we should do the random vote thing as we should not be giving free info to the bad teams.

We are already down at least 4 villagers at this point we need to start turning this around

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Frank WW wrote: »
    Afternoon village. It seems I could be ill and not long for this world.

Save Tegan.

Hi Frank,

I'm puzzled!

Why Save Tegan. ?

Here's my breakdown of the situation we are in.
    I know i'm good, I have no idea who you are, so I will not shout out save Frank.
    My own knowledge that I am good is better than my uncertain knowledge than you are not bad.

One of us have the real poison and one has the fake.

So, If you know you are good, and you have no idea of my alignment, why did you shout 'Save Tegan'?
    You know you are good, so asking for the unknown to be saved goes counter to self preservation.

Unless,

1) you truly believe that I have been real poisoned, but how would you know this?
    2) You know you have been given the fake, but how would you know this?

3) something else i have not thought of

Can you help me solve this puzzle.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Henry WW wrote: »

But the village pushed her into revealing that she wouldn't die by the lynch. Of course the claim is unverifiable but it would be utter madness for a wolf to come out with a claim like that so early in the game when everyone would know right off the bat that they were lying when the real Frodo died as we have no priest. I don't think me being here would've made any difference at all but I 100% would not have lynched her last night. She said that she couldn't be lynched at all so it was a complete and utter waste of a lynch. We might as well have all just voted for 'No Lynch'. Assuming Legolas killed her this morning (which I also think was a crazy move), she could've been a real boon to the village to steady the ship for the day.

But the problem was still:

- we weren't sure if Barbara was Frodo, no matter how probable it was
    - Barbara was a bit all the over the place and actually lied (intentionally or not it isn't sure) about certain elements. But she wasn't just a goody who has a role and powers that we would lose, she was a goody whose powers could transfer to the baddies and who would be resolved if they died (powers pass onto Sam).

We kept asking even what is the risk to the village of her being out on thread and she couldn't or wouldn't give us anything. I suppose you could argue that we should of trusted she was trying her best but lets be honest, this isn't a game where everybody is who they say they are and there are people who would try that sort of role claim and she did BJ claim a few things. I mean she insisted she wouldn't die this morning and didn't tell us until later on that she would survive the lynch. In many regards some of us I imagine wanted to put that to the test and thought if she is telling the truth no harm. .

So for those of us who voted for her, we knew she said:

- She was Frodo

- She could lose her powers or herself to baddies

- She would survive a Lynch

- She was saying she was pretty much invincible until Thursday

Lynching her was in effect no different to a no lynch if we were to take her word for it. her surviving it added weight to her claim so again I don't see why you would make much of it .

If sam has the powers, then Frodo is effectively no more then an NRV at this stage and the village is not down a RV in the sense that Sam should have his powers. .

So I don't agree its the same as losing a RV when you factor in what the baddies could of gained and the fact that we still have Frodos powers with Sam . .

Its easy now to come on here and say "Killing a RV, WTF" and suggesting that all those who voted for Barbara are wolves. I find that sort of rigid (killing an RV) thinking suspicious TBH.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

I'm gonna be busy for a few hours so getting the ball rolling

#FFA2
    Abigail - The tone of her posts seem false to me. Add in the interactions with Barbara last night and then voting for her.
    Mary - Voted for Barbara without ever interacting or mentioning her. Something is amiss

I only have two but will add a third when/if I get the chance to review more players.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

So i'm not sure if Tegan mentioned this earlier, but the way the 'poison' seems to work...

You know as much as we do. We are informed on thread that we were poisoned, and the poison mechanics are there in the OP. There doesn't seem to be any follow-up message to those who were poisoned, just the info on thread. And that's just fine for me.

So I don't know if I've the real or the fake poison. All I know is that Arwen is her own mind, but I'd recommend a Tegan save. Tegan is one of two people I've been trustful of as villager so far. I'm village myself, but was way too loud yesterday and I feel Tegan has a cleaner record to go on and help the village. There's more, but it really isn't chat for here and we'll just leave that at that.

This is not a double bluff. Save Tegan.

Tegan WW wrote: »
    Hi Frank,

I'm puzzled!

Why Save Tegan. ?

Here's my breakdown of the situation we are in.
    I know i'm good, I have no idea who you are, so I will not shout out save Frank.
    My own knowledge that I am good is better than my uncertain knowledge than you are not bad.

One of us have the real poison and one has the fake.

So, If you know you are good, and you have no idea of my alignment, why did you shout 'Save Tegan'?
    You know you are good, so asking for the unknown to be saved goes counter to self preservation.

Unless,

1) you truly believe that I have been real poisoned, but how would you know this?
    2) You know you have been given the fake, but how would you know this?

3) something else i have not thought of

Can you help me solve this puzzle.

Just seeing this since I submitted the above post. Hope that post addresses what you raised here. 1, 2 and 3 are non applicable, it's none of them. Don't be puzzled, I'm not playing you, there's no long con from me here.

Right, #FFA2. I'm basing this off whats happened since 10am this morning.

First off, while I'm worried about Derry, I'm not FFAing him. Simply put because he tried to push a plan this morning post poison that I think was ill-thought out, but doesn't seem malicious. I felt he was very fluffy yesterday (which is why I called him out about his "confusion") but felt he contributed way more today.

Derry's plan was we'd each pick either Tegan or Frank at random, vote and the healer would heal that person. The flaws though is it's a blind vote (when I think if a vote was to happen, it should be based on our reads; "random" gives people an excuse if they "vote wrong", and cuts out that one person genuinely might be a better person to keep, regardless of knowing their powers or lackthereof), AND it's highly manipulable by the wolves, who can vote "randomly" for whoever had the fake poison, giving them the chance to leave the genuinely poisoned person to die.

So I think it was a flawed plan on a few levels. But it seemed to come from a place of trying to do something constructive, which I think we need to keep around right now.

I'm way, way more weary of the people who seemed to back it. Vernon and Wendy were the two people who seemed eager and open to the plan. They voted before Tegan shut the idea down. Gabriel asked if people wanted to plead their cases.

Doris (in Post #810) also seems to push Tegan and Frank to give any information out there, as if trying to tease out reads and reactions to their predicaments. Which worries me too; if we presume Frank and Tegan are good and were targeted, they were probably targeted to see if they'd reveal roles. So when Doris seems to push them to reveal information, it throws up a flag for me.

Dorris ALSO was the one who propositioned Pippin to reveal himself, in Post #825. So that's twice in quick succession Doris is trying to get villagers to play their cards. Which worries me, cause Pippin is basically an NRV now, and thus shouldn't be outing himself (something Doris even calls out herself!). Winifred actually backs up Doris' request too.

Wendy crops up a few times. As above, she backs up Derry's plan, but also two other posts catch my attention.

In post #841, she attempts to justify her vote on babs last night as a last second jump, which is all but admitting she leapt on the bandwagon.

In post #848, she tells us she's voting Angus cause he's a low poster; so she's making a second vote that's fluffy. And she says she's leaving, meaning no one can call her out on this.

So, in essence, Wendy is admitting to making two votes that are massively fluffy and not backed up by research or anything anyone can pull her up on latter.

I get a slightly good lean on Conor, who debated the idea with Derry in a constructive manner. Gertrude also pushed the heal should be kept private too. At the end of Day 2, there's a few I've not got a lean on either way, which is not a worry today but will absolutely be a concern if we reach tomorrow and I still can't make judgements.

#FFA2

1. Dorris - TWICE asked villagers to play their cards and give out information.

2. Wendy - Doing her best not to have to justify votes, seemed a bit eager to go with Derry's plan.

3. Vernon - A distant third to the two above, but still can't shake the feeling there's something off about him that had me FFA him last night too.

I must be really bad at explaining things if thats what you think my plan was

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

#ffa2

1. Desmond. I noted earlier that yesterday I'd a gut feel he was a wolf. In general his posts are pretty defensive (#605, #819) and I'm struggling to be comfortable about him

2. Wendy: The late Barbara post is troubling me a lot. Basically it stinks of holding off to see if something had enough traction and then throwing down a vote in the place it would hide best. Voting for a role claim generally doesn't sit well anyway but that's a bit too much

Just the two for now. Of those two the Wendy stuff probably worries me most in terms of how it looks. Will try to revisit with a third once I've gone back through a bit of the thread again

R
    Doris (in Post #810) also seems to push Tegan and Frank to give any information out there, as if trying to tease out reads and reactions to their predicaments. Which worries me too; if we presume Frank and Tegan are good and were targeted, they were probably targeted to see if they'd reveal roles. So when Doris seems to push them to reveal information, it throws up a flag for me.

Dorris ALSO was the one who propositioned Pippin to reveal himself, in Post #825. So that's twice in quick succession Doris is trying to get villagers to play their cards. Which worries me, cause Pippin is basically an NRV now, and thus shouldn't be outing himself (something Doris even calls out herself!). Winifred actually backs up Doris' request too.

Interesting logic but you don't explore anything, instead make insuations that don't add up . . Lets just make sure everybody is clear on your point:

Post 825:
    Doris WW wrote: »
    Merry and Pippin – two mischievous hobbits who share a backroom. They have a number of tricks up their sleeve to aid the village. Unfortunately should one be killed, the other will fall into a deep depression and lose access to these abilities.

Guys this is totally left of field but is there any downside to Pippin coming out now that Merry is dead? Is says in the OP that they have no abilities so they are effectively NRV. But since the roles of players are revealed on thread they can come out and we can be reasonably confident they are who they say they are? Means one villager as close to confirmed as can be?

Of course downside is they may have a target on their head and they reduce pool of players for others to hide but I think the benefit of even one cleared villager outweighs the bad. And no offense but if Pippin is killed it’s no different to any other NRV.

- Pippin coming out - Tell me whats the downside ? Don't just throw out "wanting a goody to come out", explain why this is a bad suggestion at least. I actually cant see any issue at all with this. Sounds like "he suggested somebody good coming out equals bad" with absolutely no context or discussion on why I suggested it. Makes me look bad, but I don't see given the full context this is true.

This is the same "why lynch an outed RV" logic which is normally true but different for the reasons I stated in my last post. It sounds village (lynching somebody who has come out as RV or suggesting a RV comes out", but when you look at the reasoning there is logic and merit to the suggestions. Why you haven't explored these reasons and gone straight to soundbite wolfy insinuations is interesting.

Now, post 810:
    Problem for anybody on team Chris lee is that we get the roles of all characters on death. So they would have to claim an active role which is a big risk.

Teagan has made their feelings on it clear, what say you frank?

Also, Teagan, in case you die , any thoughts you would like to share?

You think that This is me trying to tease othe players to reveal their roles ? I was more thinking about who they thought might be targeting them or who their suspicions were. Now why would that post be interpreted as "guys come out if your are RVs?"

Your logic is very flawed and flimsy . . Wouldn't want to put 2 and 2 together and wonder if my rebuttal on Henry played a role in your suspicions, but I think you have supplied some very weak reasoning there . .

Fairly obvious that you and Henry have a similar rigid way of interpreting things so you guys can be my FFAs tonight . .

I must be really bad at explaining things if thats what you think my plan was

Or I'm misreading? It did take me a few re-reads. Was the idea we picked one of the two targets at random, so whoever we voted to save was chosen at random, rather than based on who we thought was the best person to keep alive, based on contributions to date?

• Advertisement

- Pippin coming out - Tell me whats the downside ?

You even brought up the downside in your post; it's lowering the pool of players in the game, giving the wolves better accuracy in who to off. If Pippin outted himself, he'd pretty much be a lock to last the rest of the game, since he's of no threat to the wolves (beyond deductive reasoning).

My take would be Pippin, as an NRV, should draw some attention to himself in a bid to take a bullet for a more important rolled player. He should NOT present himself as the least dangerous player (alongside other NRVs).
    You think that This is me trying to tease othe players to reveal their roles ? I was more thinking about who they thought might be targeting them or who their suspicions were. Now why would that post be interpreted as "guys come out if your are RVs?"

If that's how you mean it, fine. But reading it again, I interpret it as trying to goad Frank and Tegan into giving out information and reactions to their poisioning.
    Fairly obvious that you and Henry have a similar rigid way of interpreting things so you guys can be my FFAs tonight . .

"I'mma gonna FFA you guys cause you guys FFA'd me!"

And you say WE have flimsy FFAs? LOL. If we hit 6 and the best case you can make against TWO of the three names on your FFA is "They FFA'd me!", you don't get to criticise others for being "flimsy".

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Or I'm misreading? It did take me a few re-reads. Was the idea we picked one of the two targets at random, so whoever we voted to save was chosen at random, rather than based on who we thought was the best person to keep alive, based on contributions to date?

Its based on given the potentially rolled player that is poisoned a 50% chance of not having to come out and reveal rather than doing nothing

Example Tom and Jerry are poisoned and tom is the priest, we randomly pick tom to be healed and we state this on thread now tom knows he doesn't have to reveal himself.

I mean you picked up most of it but i think you missed the point of it.

We aren't voting to save anyone in essence as we don't know who is poisoned.

We are by voting randomly stopping as much info coming out on thread about villager roles as possible.

Say the seer is in the 2 he will probably not gamble and will come out looking to be saved but he if he is picked at random to be saved he says nothing and goes on still under cover.

Say its 2 NRVS in the 2 we pick one neither says anything and while both could survive they haven't given any info away about thier roles, the one who we picked could still be roled.

I said we need a minimum of 5 to make it work out side of having a trusted villager do the picking.

I'd find it hard to beilive the Saurons would risk themselves to tamper with a vote when they dont know who they are killing either

Anyways thats it in a nut shell again.

This is the very last I'll say on it :D

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

You even brought up the downside in your post; it's lowering the pool of players in the game, giving the wolves better accuracy in who to off. If Pippin outted himself, he'd pretty much be a lock to last the rest of the game, since he's of no threat to the wolves (beyond deductive reasoning).

My take would be Pippin, as an NRV, should draw some attention to himself in a bid to take a bullet for a more important rolled player. He should NOT present himself as the least dangerous player (alongside other NRVs).

If that's how you mean it, fine. But reading it again, I interpret it as trying to goad Frank and Tegan into giving out information and reactions to their poisioning.

And you say WE have flimsy FFAs? LOL. If we hit 6 and the best case you can make against TWO of the three names on your FFA is "They FFA'd me!", you don't get to criticise others for being "flimsy".

Your logic is flawed here. There's a competing need for us - yes nrv's need to draw heat of village power roles. Equally at some point we need to establish a core of trusted villagers. I'm not saying the tipping point is now but we will hit that point. Ultimately Pippin is best placed to know how to play the detail of his role

My issue is that you didn’t try to discuss what I said, you just went straight to “must be dodgy” cause you interpreted whatever way you wanted. You didn’t ask me to explain, Jumped straight to a conclusion that’s very debatable. You even said I brought up the downside , I was asking what others thought of the idea, not insisting it was a good plan. Nobody engaged me on it!

And yes, I don’t see either you or Henry attempt to see the logic in the counter argument to your stance. It’s a fake villagey stance to take , accusing me of trying to tease goodies out but not engaging me, just insinuating based on your subjective interpretation.

Why wouldn’t I ffa you, I think you and Henry are trying to look villagey with broad “why lynch a RV” and “why suggest a RV come out” without weighing up all angles or in your case actually engaging on the topic before making an assumption. Your quick turn on me is suspect because I’ve been here and you didn’t ask me anything or even to explain what I meant. You went straight for the hyperbolic headlines....

Two people voted to lynch me yesterday, Barbara and Henry.

These were two people I basically called wolf in one post yesterday...

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=109138257&postcount=312

Now, as it turns out Barbara was Frodo and was village, but what about Henry? I'm not saying he is suss because he voted for me, more so his post from earlier today...
    Henry wrote:
    Sorry for the prolonged absence folks, had some RL stuff going on. I'm here now though and have spent the last 2.5 hours reading back through the thread. My head is absolutely spinning but I think I have a decent handle on things. Not sure if we're doing an FFA today or how this majority voting thing will work but from the notes I've made I think most of my suspicions were on Brendan, Clodagh and Mary.

Brendan for being 100% nailed on certain that Babs was lying about the Frodo claim yesterday (post #482) and Mary for her general posting style, a lot of nothing being said (eg post #812 today), Clodagh for the post last night where she said she believed Babs was telling the truth but was going to lynch her anyway. Bull**** wolfy excuse to jump on the Babs bandwagon.

And I know I wasn't here last night to discuss but christ almighty village. You lynched the role claim? FFS

Where am I in any of that? From what I can see in Henry's 7 posts so far, I haven't been mentioned anywhere yet he voted to lynch me last night. If he was caught up by RL and just wanted to throw his vote anywhere, he could have chosen 'No lynch'.

I'm definitely still suspicious of Henry today.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Evening folks - looks like it was a quiet day. Going to read up and get some FFA action in.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Just voted but thought I should should quickly add my FFA before heading off for the night too

#FFA2
    1.Des
    2.Doris
    3.Henry

asking Pippin to come out, being unnecesarily defensive and Several posts which were either full on fluff or casting aspersions on a number of people (yes inc me)and then dissapearing. Nothing groundbreaking there but it was about this time people (babs) started acting up yesterday so maybe this will all change

FFA

Henry - Hasn't posted much and today the few posts have been telling us what we should have done yesterday also got a little defensive when I questioned him on something earlier

Desmond - Potential Balrog here, given Eva was pushing him very hard yesterday and Ballrog killed her over Frodo a much higher value player to kill given he could end up on any team but his

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Feels like Des is a newish/inexperienced town tbh. Don't think he'd be so outspoken about some of the stuff last night if he had a backroom to get advice from.

Advertisement