Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Wolf Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Wendy WW wrote: »
    Well that went about as badly as it could have. Ring bearer dead and half the mighty duo dead so the other loses abilities. I feel we spent so much time looking at Barbara that we've been blinded a bit during our wolf search.

Ring bearer told everyone she was the ring bearer. Sauron didn't get the ring. That's not bad considering tbh.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Fiona WW wrote: »
    Care to share or just throwing something empty out there?

Mainly the note was about these two posts in rapid succession.
    Derry WW wrote: »
    Its all very confusing but im hoping it can be all cleared up
    Well I'm hoping some info will come out eventually and If I get it its accurate but sure who know with him :D

He posts, then 3 minutes latter, posts again in response to himself.

I made a note of the posts, but that was it. But given the comments about Gollum this morning, it flagged up the note for me again.

The reason I said I wanted to do research though was because I wanted to go back through his posts a bit more, and see if this was the only time he responded to himself. But I'm working at the moment so haven't had a chance to do so yet. But since you pushed....

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

I spent a good lot of time yesterday reading up on tom bombadil much wasted time now it seems but went down the rabbit hole none the less, and came across goldberry

Ive seen the movies but its years ago, ivr not read the books and just happened to be online when op opened i wasnt waiting for it to happen

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Morning folks. Trying to catch up now

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Okay thanks. It was Google then. It was niggling at me, and wanted it cleared if we both survived this morning.

• Advertisement

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    Okay thanks. It was Google then. It was niggling at me, and wanted it cleared if we both survived this morning.

Ya all google tbh, i probably should have expanded more on the goldberry post but just wanted to see what the book readers thoughts on it might be

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Ok, so Arwen has until Lynch tonight to heal either Tegan or Frank.

I'm trying to see what we can learn from who lives and who dies but not coming up with much.

Assuming they cant real poison themselves, neither of those two are Team Eye.
    But one is fake so one could be Team Eye if they wanted.

So I guess we just wait and see what happens? Let Arwen do her thing and if someone dies at lynch then we get their details. If someone survives... Then we dont know who was fake poisoned and who was real.

Yeah, cant figure out a way to make this work for us.

Wendy WW wrote: »
    Ok, so Arwen has until Lynch tonight to heal either Tegan or Frank.

I'm trying to see what we can learn from who lives and who dies but not coming up with much.

Assuming they cant real poison themselves, neither of those two are Team Eye.
    But one is fake so one could be Team Eye if they wanted.

So I guess we just wait and see what happens? Let Arwen do her thing and if someone dies at lynch then we get their details. If someone survives... Then we dont know who was fake poisoned and who was real.

Yeah, cant figure out a way to make this work for us.

I think the village should decide.

Get a vote in and finalise between 2-4

If we pick a village role it saves them outing themselves asking to be saved

If a nrv is left they shouldnt ask to be saved

Its not much but it could save us outing a power role on thread

I think the village should decide.

Get a vote in and finalise between 2-4

If we pick a village role it saves them outing themselves asking to be saved

If a nrv is left they shouldnt ask to be saved

Its not much but it could save us outing a power role on thread

If we dont pick the power role they will still have to gamble or ask to be saved like they would if we did nothing

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Trying to see why Oisin was targetted but maybe just an active village member they were taking a pot shot at?

Lots of discussion of mechanics, he also put forward the 1 player 2 accounts idea for iirc Gollumn and asked about the humble narrators warning in the OP but otherwise nothing really stands out.

• Advertisement

I actually think voting randomly would also give out less info and still give 1 RV a 50% chance to stay hidden.

Random selection for me is Frank

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Sorry, was on the road for a while. Not much has been said since munch.

Arwen - Elven Healer. Each day from munch to lynch can select a player and heal them from the poison of the Morgul-Blade. If successful they will not die at lynch time.
    Through the Witch King - the leader of the Nazgul - and his deadly Morgul-Blade, they also have access to the poison ability, which allows them to poison and fake poison two players each night. If the poisoned player is not healed by lynch time, they will die.

So it’s a 50-50 chance of saving someone, right?

Also, what do we do about majority lynching? Should we be setting certain times that we’re not to vote before or how should it work?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Heal Tegan is my vote

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Going with heal Tegan here.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

I don't think you should be doing any village voting on heal, let Arwen choose himself.

Don't show the wolves who the village won't lynch, thats foolish.

No more voting please.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Jake WW wrote: »
    Sorry, was on the road for a while. Not much has been said since munch.

Arwen - Elven Healer. Each day from munch to lynch can select a player and heal them from the poison of the Morgul-Blade. If successful they will not die at lynch time.
    Through the Witch King - the leader of the Nazgul - and his deadly Morgul-Blade, they also have access to the poison ability, which allows them to poison and fake poison two players each night. If the poisoned player is not healed by lynch time, they will die.

So it’s a 50-50 chance of saving someone, right?

Don't think 50-50.

Cause it's picking one of the two, healing them AND hoping you healed the person who was actually poisoned, not "fake poisoned".

Tegan WW wrote: »
    I don't think you should be doing any village voting on heal, let Arwen choose himself.

Don't show the wolves who the village won't lynch, thats foolish.

No more voting please.

I said to do it randomly as it gives out no info and if we had 1 rv in the 2 posions it gives them 50% chance at not having to reveal on thread

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

If Arwen chooses randomly themselves and doesn't announce, the result is the same. 50/50. There's no gain in the village voting randomly or otherwise. If one dies, Arwen chose wrong. If both live, Arwen chose right. So we learn the result either way, but the enemy learn less about us. But as Teagan says, a public vote potentially gives away bias, and that potential is a loss over Arwen choosing by themselves.

And it is 5050. There are two scenarios where one dies (Frank poisoned, Teagan healed, Teagan poisoned Frank healed) and two where no one dies. There's no double fake or double poison scenario based on the op, is there?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Trying to make sense of things....

Suppose there are a few things to consider:

- what , if anything, the village should do on poison. Leave it to Arwen?
    - what to make of chosen poisoned targets (could one with fake poison be on team Sauron ?)
    - why Oisin? Nothing obvious sticks out
    - Sam now has the ring and with it Frodo’s powers so I’m not sure barbabra dieing was as bad is it felt

balllsgoggy killing Eva was interesting. Anybody look back on her posts to see if there’s any hint of a conflict or reason why she was targeted?

Have I missed anything?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

There is also a possible that nobody is healed. This would happen if we reach majority lynch before he gets to use his heal power so we need to be careful when putting in our lynch votes

• Advertisement

If Arwen chooses randomly themselves and doesn't announce, the result is the same. 50/50. There's no gain in the village voting randomly or otherwise. If one dies, Arwen chose wrong. If both live, Arwen chose right. So we learn the result either way, but the enemy learn less about us. But as Teagan says, a public vote potentially gives away bias, and that potential is a loss over Arwen choosing by themselves.

And it is 5050. There are two scenarios where one dies (Frank poisoned, Teagan healed, Teagan poisoned Frank healed) and two where no one dies. There's no double fake or double poison scenario based on the op, is there?

But the person up for poisoning doesn't know who Arwen will choose and might not want to take the risk.

If we do it randomly on thread we get a result and the poisoned people can then make a decision if they are happy with the result.

Arwen might choose right or wrong its 50 50 as you say but we can't have them coming out on thread to say who they choose.

This way the info is on thread and the posioned people who know there roles can decide what to do about it

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

I said to do it randomly as it gives out no info and if we had 1 rv in the 2 posions it gives them 50% chance at not having to reveal on thread

That's the same as Arwen just picking randomly tbf

Conor WW wrote: »
    That's the same as Arwen just picking randomly tbf

Its not as the posioned people dont know who he'd pick this way they do

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

If you're a roled villager and you might be for the chop, you have to weigh it up either way.
    If you're an never you sit tight either way
    If you're team Sauron, you know you're safe but you can pull a role claim if the other name role claims, just for giggles. If there's no public vote why take the risk in role claiming?
    If you're team saruman, and you don't know if you're fake or real poisoned, you're sweating now and are more likely to role claim to save yourself.

I say Arwen makes their own mind up.

Its not as the posioned people dont know who he'd pick this way they do

Yeah that's true actually, we could just name one and save having a bunch of random votes clogging the thread

Conor WW wrote: »
    Yeah that's true actually, we could just name one and save having a bunch of random votes clogging the thread

If we had a trusted villager 1 would be fine but we need at least 5 randoms when we dont imo

Desmond WW wrote: »
    470377.jpeg

Vote Brendan or Eva!

Des why these two?

And why the weird string of antagonistic posts with Brendan and Eva, a bunch of them adding nothing, its odd villager play

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Mary WW wrote: »
    Trying to see why Oisin was targetted but maybe just an active village member they were taking a pot shot at?

Lots of discussion of mechanics, he also put forward the 1 player 2 accounts idea for iirc Gollumn and asked about the humble narrators warning in the OP but otherwise nothing really stands out.

The timing of Eva’s made it seem like Oisin was the Balrog so maybe the wolves wanted to kill it?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

If you're a roled villager and you might be for the chop, you have to weigh it up either way.
    If you're an never you sit tight either way
    If you're team Sauron, you know you're safe but you can pull a role claim if the other name role claims, just for giggles. If there's no public vote why take the risk in role claiming?
    If you're team saruman, and you don't know if you're fake or real poisoned, you're sweating now and are more likely to role claim to save yourself.

I say Arwen makes their own mind up.

Problem for anybody on team Chris lee is that we get the roles of all characters on death. So they would have to claim an active role which is a big risk.

Teagan has made their feelings on it clear, what say you frank?

Also, Teagan, in case you die , any thoughts you would like to share?

• Advertisement

Jake WW wrote: »
    @Frank, i can search posters again - this is why I picked Abigail. I don't like these type of nothing posts.
    There was a post today (can't remember by whom) that caught my eye too which i'm searching for now.

Did you find that other post Jake?

Have you thoughts on any of the players bar your coasty FFA? Youve the most posts in game but the vast majority are just conjecture on mechanics or offering ideas or to collate ffas, you don't seem to do any questioning or really interact with other players, Clodaghs FFA had it well
    Clodagh WW wrote: »
    FFA1
    Jake - On an earlier read through came across as fence sitting and then to follow up with his FFA makes it read like FFAing people who will offer little resistence.

Advertisement