Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Wolf Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    Also Frodo not being able to be killed by the baddies once he has the ring and not being able to be coverted untill wednesday night seems a little powerful especially with the fall back of Sam

Yeah she's definitely lying. The problem I have is that lying doesn't necessarily mean wolf. Can't see any reason not to vote for her though.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

I admit, I believed her at first, but her answers to the questions posed haven't filled me with confidence.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

POSTER TIME A B C
    Brendan 10:05 Barbara Tegan Desmond
    Barbara 12:48 Conor Frank
    Vernon 17:45 Eva Conor Henry
    Gabriel 18:11 Abigail Oisin Wendy
    Phil 18:17 Barbara Oisin Vernon
    Frank 18:30 Barbara Gertrude Henry
    18:34 Barbara Reveal
    Conor 18:59 Derry Oisin Frank
    Jake 19:03 Desmond Abigail Henry
    Eva 19:25 Barbara Desmond Frank

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Brendan WW wrote: »
    Yeah she's definitely lying. The problem I have is that lying doesn't necessarily mean wolf. Can't see any reason not to vote for her though.

On 3 people’s FFAs when she came out. But that come out post was long and there’s a good chance that she was writing it when she was FFAd on two of those.

I can’t work out the play on any meaningful level. A goody could accidentally prompt the real Frodo to come out. A baddy would benefit by forcing Frodo out but I don’t see where the threat was with Barbara before she started typing up that post. This would make it more likely a ridiculously bold move from a baddy for no obvious reason I can resolve....

I’m sort of a bit confused here. Why come out? She’s effectively painted a target on her head and not many had her down unless I missed non FFAs Hinting at her?

Doris WW wrote: »
    On 3 people’s FFAs when she came out. But that come out post was long and there’s a good chance that she was writing it when she was FFAd on two of those.

I can’t work out the play on any meaningful level. A goody could accidentally prompt the real Frodo to come out. A baddy would benefit by forcing Frodo out but I don’t see where the threat was with Barbara before she started typing up that post. This would make it more likely a ridiculously bold move from a baddy for no obvious reason I can resolve....

I’m sort of a bit confused here. Why come out? She’s effectively painted a target on her head and not many had her down unless I missed non FFAs Hinting at her?

Correction: I believe she prob started typing that post when she had only been FFAd by one person....

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Back in business, couldnt log in on the laptop, but seems to be good now!

I cant see a reason for Frodo to come out now, I also cant see a reason for anyone to make a bizarre claim like that at this point. Im unsure what to do with her really and I really dont know what is the safest option for the village. If Babs claim is true, the only way to protect the ring is to lynch Frodo and hope Sam does a bit better on protecting than Babs has.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Goldberry?

Goldberry?

Whose goldberry?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Correction: I believe she prob started typing that post when she had only been FFAd by one person....

Could be prewritten also if she is a baddie and when she seen some ffas come out wanted to stem the tide before it built, i dunno it's a crazy move either way you look at it

Wondered about Goldberry too. But more in relation to Holly than Barbara.

• Advertisement

Goldberry is Tom Bombadil's wife or daughter (can't remember).

I think it'd be a stretch to include her though.

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    I think it'd be a stretch to include her though.

Ya I'm stetching, maybe Babs is Boromir and can't say as a self sacarfice although the reveal is quite long is all.

I don't know its confusing to say the least

An hour to go and I haven’t a clue what to do

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    Goldberry is Tom Bombadil's wife or daughter (can't remember).

Of all the extra characters that could be included they chose one who is insignificant and most people wouldn’t know ?! Personally I think you could argue that Faramir was also kind of neutral to the rings powers as he did let Frodo go. Just feel something was a bit odd with that.....

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Ya I'm stetching, maybe Babs is Boromir and can't say as a self sacarfice although the reveal is quite long is all.

Bizarre reveal though, if Babs was Boromir, she was on a few FFAs and only came out when she was listed 2 or 3 times which feels like an attempt to avoid a lynch as opposed to a self sacrifice

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Jake WW wrote: »
    An hour to go and I haven’t a clue what to do

I'm sticking with my FFA, but have switched off Babs for now. General rule of thumb is to not lynch rolled goodies.

I think there's inconsistencies in her story....but I've been able to line them up with plenty of reasons they could be for good reason.

Phil WW wrote: »
    I'm sticking with my FFA, but have switched off Babs for now. General rule of thumb is to not lynch rolled goodies.

I think there's inconsistencies in her story....but I've been able to line them up with plenty of reasons they could be for good reason.

Could you share or would that be giving up too much info

Abigail WW wrote: »
    Afternoon all. Looking forward to this.
    Abigail WW wrote: »
    Morning everyone. Strange not having a munch this morning, hopefully we can use the time wisely and lynch well tonight.

@Frank, i can search posters again - this is why I picked Abigail. I don't like these type of nothing posts.
    There was a post today (can't remember by whom) that caught my eye too which i'm searching for now.

Phil WW wrote: »

That’s fine when the village only loses a goody by voting for a goody. But we could lose a power and the baddies could gain a teammate. It’s not that straight forward surely?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Im ok with being lynched, but id rather you get a wolf.

That would actually explain the reveal. Still think it’s odd to claim Frodo or to come out at all. What’s the benefit of Frodo claiming?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Hi all

Angus checking in. Sorry for the delay, I wasn't available before now.

I need to go to bed so I'll be putting in a no lynch vote as I dont have any reads for my very quick catch up.

Sorry for the lack of participation, I will be active from the morning.

Barbara WW wrote: »
    Im ok with being lynched, but id rather you get a wolf.

could you point one out for us?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Could you share or would that be giving up too much info

Well, there was three names on my list and I've eliminated one :P

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

could you point one out for us?

Not yet

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    Bizarre reveal though, if Babs was Boromir, she was on a few FFAs and only came out when she was listed 2 or 3 times which feels like an attempt to avoid a lynch as opposed to a self sacrifice
    That would actually explain the reveal. Still think it’s odd to claim Frodo or to come out at all. What’s the benefit of Frodo claiming?

TBH I've no idea just musing out loud trying to make sense of it all tbh

Barbara WW wrote: »
    Not yet

When?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

Is it common knowledge that frodo cant be killed or converted tomorrow, otherwise why did babs reveal this if true. There could have been a fail hit tomorrow.

• Advertisement

When?

Wtf do we do now? Vote Barbara ( I have) and she dies and whatever she knows or doesn’t know might die with her.. Are we sure we will get role reveal?

Don’t kill her and we don’t know what the story is, who she is or what risk it is to keep her alive..... I can’t think of any “leap of faith” element in LOTR?

Advertisement