Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2018

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Trasna1

Skelet0n wrote: »
    Just checked. Price was 4.60 then.

Great tip and I bought in not shortly after your post, but vktx was (is!) a high risk biotech that went to a phase 2 trial on the back of positive results on mouse livers. As an investment note I recently read, that if half of every successgful mouse trial led to a drug progressing to market, there would be hundreds of new drugs annually, not a few dozen. It's important to recognise risk though - which had paid off big time.

I'd also agree with your assessment that the bone trial conference paper could see this push $30 by month end although we will see profit taking depress closing price to +75% today I suspect.

Madrigal has a mk cap of about 3.5bn with their Nash offering, I'd be hoping the same for vktx minimum on buyout - which is the end result I envision.

It's posts like yours that keep me coming back to this forum, well spotted opportunity and thanks for sharing.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,075 ✭✭✭✭beertons

That's the dream right there. Up 600%. Typical, I just look at it whilst everything in my portfolio is dropping.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Skelet0n

Thargor wrote: »
    Did you have any inclination at the time that that drug was going to make it through trials? How if you don't mind me asking? Why tip that over all the other Biotech coin tosses?

Also got any more tips? :D

I read an article on 247wallst about it, did some due diligence and came to the conclusion it had a good risk/reward, there were some smart people reporting on their studies online.

At the moment I'm just in PAVM and VSTM, will post any further tips here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

I read an article on 247wallst about it, did some due diligence and came to the conclusion it had a good risk/reward, there were some smart people reporting on their studies online.

At the moment I'm just in PAVM and VSTM, will post any further tips here.

An news on the horizon for PAVM or just a good feeling? All seems quiet for now.

An news on the horizon for PAVM or just a good feeling? All seems quiet for now.

FDA approval for CarpX, it was delayed which is the recent drop in share price.

I'm confident of approval though, devices have much higher approval than drugs.

• Advertisement

Seems like a very sophisticated device but better than the traditional route alright. Might take a punt.

Seems like a very sophisticated device but better than the traditional route alright. Might take a punt.

CEO seems confident anyway, I'd take it at current levels for sure.

VSTM buyout rumours circulating again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Not as high octane as Medtech start-ups but Green Reit delivered a good set of numbers today and the SP has had a good 4 or 5 days, soo the upside might be limited now, but ...... SP still seems strangely under priced versus its NAV (about 13% discount to NAV today, the other Irish Reits trade more or less 100% on NAV or at a small premium) and it also delivers about 3% dividend yield pa.

Depending on how you feel about the future of the Irish economy ...(and commercial property prices) this is maybe a good time to get in or a good time to get out!!!.

Bots at Capital Cube reckon its 'undervalued'

https://online.capitalcube.com/#!/stock/ie/ise/gn1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

VSTM buyout rumours circulating again

Where have you seen that Saanvi Important Blank

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    Where have you seen that InstaSte

The rumours most likely stem from this:

A form CT ORDER regarding Verastem Oncology has been filed with the SEC.

"Confidential Treatment Order
    For example, a company may apply for a confidential treatment order by completing a confidential treatment request to keep information regarding a pricing arrangement made with a potential acquisition target secret. This request could be made on the basis that the company's competitors may use this information to go after the target with a more competitive price. Other common items kept confidential include milestone payments and other technical specifications"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Has anyone every done an analysis on this forum's Share Picks overall performance?

Twitter and Stocktwits, yes seem to be relating to that CTO, more than likely nothing whatsoever to do with a buyout but it's a good talking point.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

Some really poor form from the board of TAW today with a very sneaky and hastily put together announcement. I was firmly of the belief that this was a near risk free stock given it's market cap, fundamentals and location but shareholders have been severely shaken. I know there are a few holders on this board and I think the best course of action is not to panic if you can afford to hold these shares for at least another 6 months until things blow over a bit.

Degiro trades direct to market on the SGX so thankfully there shouldn't be too much of an issue transferring over the shares to that exchange. Also important to remember that TAW is one of the few actual producers of lithium in the world, with no debt, offtake agreements in place and more announcements in the near term pipeline such as tantalum offtake, DMS circuit upgrades to increase throughput and more drill results.

This one has been lovely for me....... was £1.90 a few weeks back, back to £1.60 odd now.......I've been in and out several times.
    Augeo wrote: »
    Versarien PLC

Currently £0.9140 ........... was way lower until 3 months ago and has only just recently risen very sharply.

Could well drop significantly again and I expect it to but I reckon the potential upside is huge if not quite exponential.

This crowd are a materials company "Versarien utilises proprietary technology to create innovative new engineering solutions that are capable of having a game-changing impact on a broad variety of industry sectors"

They are in bed with some Chinese folk who aren't slow to invest in manufacturing facilities etc.

I see this as a Tesla type share ........... huge growth based on feck know what or why :pac:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=105875665&postcount=59

Strong support established for VKTX in the 18-19 range, anyone looking for an entry that would be a good place, if it gets back down there.

Dunno how people have the mettle to short biotech stocks, 9 million short sold VKTX shares.

Dunno how people have the mettle to short biotech stocks...........

So so many of them end up in the toilet compared to their lofty highs before they get anything to market.

VKTX up in per market

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

VKTX up in per market

Cannabis stocks up too particularly Tilray which has been rocketing for the last few weeks and up massively again PM today. A low float of only 25% of shares issued helps the squeeze upwards.

Bob Harris wrote: »
    Cannabis stocks up too particularly Tilray which has been rocketing for the last few weeks and up massively again PM today. A low float of only 25% of shares issued helps the squeeze upwards.

Market cap of 14b

• Advertisement

Augeo wrote: »
    So so many of them end up in the toilet compared to their lofty highs before they get anything to market.

And people will just hold them for years as the price creeps up in the hopes that it'll fail before coming to market?

I'd much rather be on the other side of the fence, least your losses are capped that way.

And people will just hold them for years as the price creeps up in the hopes that it'll fail before coming to market?

I'd much rather be on the other side of the fence, least your losses are capped that way.

Well not every biotech stock creeps up for years :)
    Loads and loads of them shoot up and then go down almost as quickly. The shorters get involved at the lofty prices when there's little revenue and plenty being spent on R&D etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Tilray is pure speculation. Apparantly their issued shares have a lock in until January so they can't sell until then.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭BonesJones1

How long would a limit order take on dehiro normally and how low do you put it below the current market price

How long would a limit order take on dehiro normally and how low do you put it below the current market price

How long depends what the limit is set at.

Type your price into the limit field...

• Registered Users Posts: 65,160 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Picked up some shortly after opening just now. Cheers for the info!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭crushproof

Prezatch wrote: »
    Some really poor form from the board of TAW today with a very sneaky and hastily put together announcement. I was firmly of the belief that this was a near risk free stock given it's market cap, fundamentals and location but shareholders have been severely shaken. I know there are a few holders on this board and I think the best course of action is not to panic if you can afford to hold these shares for at least another 6 months until things blow over a bit.

Degiro trades direct to market on the SGX so thankfully there shouldn't be too much of an issue transferring over the shares to that exchange. Also important to remember that TAW is one of the few actual producers of lithium in the world, with no debt, offtake agreements in place and more announcements in the near term pipeline such as tantalum offtake, DMS circuit upgrades to increase throughput and more drill results.

Total shambles, what a difference a year makes. So much promise this time last year, the merger has been a disaster for shareholders.

The fundamentals are still very strong so I'll be holding and see where we are this time next year.

NIO my best performer today, in the black after a few days down.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,907 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Ugh TAW has gone from one of my best to one of my worst, one for the bottom drawer now but they'll be back, look again at Christmas. Is it part of Australian management culture that they have to pull stunts like this? Seems to happen with every ASX share. The MD has 24 million shares anyway so hopefully this will be sorted and forgotten about soon.

• Advertisement

So is TAW a buy now in anyones eyes? I held a handful for a week back during the summer and lost 10% so bailed.

Advertisement