Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family of seven sleep in Garda station Mod note post one

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,168 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

That lot only registered as a charity late last year in spite of being in operation since 2013 (as per https://www.ichh.ie/. Someone really should ask him a few hard question about the four years worth of donations that were taken in without any oversight.

From the Charities Regulator : "Newly established organisations (established after 16 October 2014) cannot legally fundraise or operate as a charity until they are registered on the Register of Charities."

Charities are cons.
    It was proven with the ones dealing with disabilities, mental health, and as sure as sh*t sticks to a shovel it will transpire the same with the ones dealing with "the homeless" and the ones dealing with "the refugees".

Those two groups are in quotes because those two are actually far from the real deal.
    From the 2016 accounts for Peter McVerry Trust
    https://search.benefacts.ie/org/361cf244-d0e1-4b06-be81-29ed251b4450/peter-mcverry-trust-company-limited-by-guarantee

Employment Costs were €11,665,366
    They had 8 employees above 60k, and the CEO's salary was €98,382

Government Funding|€10,720,906
    Dublin City Council|€5,851,090
    Tusla - Child and Family Agency|€2,414,442
    Health Services Executive (HSE)|€1,381,866
    Fingal County Council|€509,864
    Kildare County Council|€298,000
    South Dublin County Council|€193,644
    Department Of Justice and Equality|€72,000

All Other Income|€5,609,497
    All Other Income|€5,609,497

Now isn't that interesting reading.
    Has the good Father McVerry ever commented on the trust's 11.6 million wage bill ?
    98K isn't much for a CEO.

It meant to be a charitable trust not fooking Ryanair or Avonmore.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭aroundthehouse

Tweeter wrote: »
    And track the fathers down and sterilise them also

it should be against the law for anybody in long term unemployment to have children (unless unemployed for medical reasons/ disability etc.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

I wonder is she getting 'mickey money' as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,299 ✭✭✭arctictree

Reati wrote: »
    These numbers can't be real. 1000 euro a week tax free? Seriously?

Surely she is obliged to do a tax return and list all her sources of income? I know that I do, including any payments I get from the state.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

stratowide wrote: »
    Ah here,is this for real..seriously like..That's insane.

in color ! ( .jpg so you can save it as a screensaver on your phone )

add another 10,000 for yer man when he's not away and you have 60,000 going into that forever home

r9AzoXT.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Reati wrote: »
    Job seekers/Unemployment (X2) – €193 per week
    Child benefit (x7) – €140 per month
    Rent allowance (capped) – 1,175 per month
    Fuel allowance (27 weeks x €22.50) – €608 pa
    Back to school – €1,250 pa
    Qualified child allowance – €223 per week
    Christmas Bonus – €358 pa

TOTAL = €54,200!!

and there is the exact reason this country is in a heap....

These numbers can't be real. 1000 euro a week tax free? Seriously?
    It's acutally over 59,000 as remember the childs allowance of €140 is per child, so it's €980 a month for 7 kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

it should be against the law for anybody in long term unemployment to have children (unless unemployed for medical reasons/ disability etc.)
    Calm down there, Adolf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

TOTAL = €54,200!!

Let's not forget that there's a wealthy landlord there too, getting over €14,000 a year from the state.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Statement from the guards:

Can we stop with all the b*ll**** that they only presented themselves for a photo shoot, and then left?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

arctictree wrote: »
    Surely she is obliged to do a tax return and list all her sources of income? I know that I do, including any payments I get from the state.

Child benefit and the allowances are not taxable

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Let's not forget that there's a wealthy landlord there too, getting over €14,000 a year from the state.

And getting taxed, unlike her crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,168 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Of course no one in the media has mentioned the elephant in the room that the pressure on housing in this country has greatly increased with the large number of migrants that have arrived in the country. No to mention that Leo wants to take in more....

“I took the view that we needed to have a degree of burden sharing and the transfer of migrants," said Mr Varadkar.

Ireland reiterated a previous decision to take 4000 migrants from Italy and Greece.

“First of all this is an EU problem and one that we need to work together on”, he said"

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/we-all-need-to-share-the-burden-of-migration-leo-varadkar-37063477.html

Where does he propose to house the 4000 which will only increase over time as they will be entitled to bring their extended family also.

Actually as most people round these parts know I am not fond of certain types of immigrants or rather the migrants posing as fleeing poor refugees.

But I have to say there are a lot of immigrants here either doing skilled work we do not have the people to do or doing unskilled work that lazy workshy fookers like this woman and her partner(s) would never do.
    And worse still they will never be asked to do. :mad:

When we had so called full employment during the boom, there were actually nearly a 100,000 people on welfare.
    And worse still ar**holes such as bertie increased the welfare rather than force people out to work.

And why are people like these allowed get away with it ?
    Well it's because you have ar**holes in organisations that get free taxpayer funding, you have ar**holes in the media (including posting on the likes of boards) that will not ever allow the hard questions, you have ar**holes in political world, all of them intent on keeping people like this lady in the manner and lifestyle she is accustomed to,
    i.e getting everything for free all at the expense of the hardworking taxpayers.

Tweeter wrote: »
    And track the fathers down and sterilise them also

With two bricks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭mikemac2

The Facebook is hilarious , loads of mush to read through

If you have a foreign sounding name and dare to comment the stole our houses and jobs line gets thrown at you hmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 34,068 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

TOTAL = €54,200!!

I know of people who left full time to work part time as they earned more working part time due to Welfare.

No sense to it. Don't know any who got that money but know of few who get 30-35k

Don't know any who got that money but know of few who get 30-35k

well you'd need 7 kids to get the amount shown which is fairly uncommon

I know of people who left full time to work part time as they earned more working part time due to Welfare.

No sense to it. Don't know any who got that money but know of few who get 30-35k

Just done a quick calc - I take home just a nudge below 30k.

For a 60 hour week and a bitch of a commute.

So so wrong that wasters are getting that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Short Story: Family homeless in Dublin.

Logical Question: If they are homless, sleeping in the Garda station then they obviously have zero friends and family in Dublin. If they have no friends in Dublin then they can get the **** out of dublin, a crazy expensive city and go live and be housed in the countryside.

Anything wrong with my logic?

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭heretothere

I'm not a landlord and I am not defending them all. But the majority of landlords I have done accounts for have a full time job too so that's all their tax bracket and credits used up. So they are usually paying 52% tax on their rental income, meaning they're getting €6,720 based on the above.

Take out insurance, LPT, mortgage interest, the serious damage a fair few tenants seem to cause. One poor divil I done accounts for need 3 skips to clear out a house! Alone with half the doors being broken, holes in walls, all the furniture destroyed. I really don't think I'd bother!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

Having all these kids wasn't an accident, all those single mothers have kids in first place to get themselves a house, the more you have the better your chance of getting a place.

It's been like a that hell of a long time.

• Advertisement

I'm not a landlord and I am not defending them all. But the majority of landlords I have done accounts for have a full time job too so that's all their tax bracket and credits used up. So they are usually paying 52% tax on their rental income, meaning they're getting €6,720 based on the above.

Take out insurance, LPT, mortgage interest, the serious damage a fair few tenants seem to cause. One poor divil I done accounts for need 3 skips to clear out a house! Alone with half the doors being broken, holes in walls, all the furniture destroyed. I really don't think I'd bother!

Yeah but "evil landlords, banksters, vulture blah blah blah" :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Logical Question: If they are homless, sleeping in the Garda station then they obviously have zero friends and family in Dublin.

"I have family but they all have 4 or 5 of their own so cant take mine in"
    "They are all stuck in a 3 bed house"

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Tweeter

Short Story: Family homeless in Dublin.

Logical Question: If they are homless, sleeping in the Garda station then they obviously have zero friends and family in Dublin. If they have no friends in Dublin then they can get the **** out of dublin, a crazy expensive city and go live and be housed in the countryside.

Yeah, Margaret says no to the countryside

Riskymove wrote: »
    well you'd need 7 kids to get the amount shown which is fairly uncommon

True, but even 25k plus is common enough to hear and plenty seem be getting it

The fact that you're using logic is where you are going wrong.

Life long unemployed people are entitled to live where they want cos of the bankers, because of a tough upbringing, ESPECIALLY because of ethnicity and because of won't someone think of the children.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,024 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I see the crowd who chant "we should look our after own first" have changed to say "yeah **** our own altogether"

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

I see the crowd who chant "we should look our after own first" have changed to say "yeah **** our own altogether"

No joey. Help anyone who is willing to look after themselves but have fallen on hard times.

Anyone who takes no responsibility for their situation and is not working to resolve their predicament and expects everything on a platter to the detriment of society can go **** themselves no matter where they come from.

She has been in receipt of a **** tonne of assistance from the taxpayer and now wants more.

Nice strawman though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Only when they're scamming the system and popping out babies left right and centre knowing quite well they cannot afford said babies.

Can't afford 6 kids? Then don't have 6 kids.

People who pay taxes or are sick or need assistance should be looked after first 100%.

This woman though wants free house and a very nice big house in the city so she can go out, get pissed, have the craic'. All at the hard working people expense.

Bit of a difference

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

And I'm not necessarily criticising them, but the state could save an enormous amount of money in the long-term by building enough houses to remove them from the equation altogether.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement