Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should we be able to log into the my.tcd.ie portal yet?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Richieee wrote: »
    Is that not saying that those in their final year can get the fee refunded if for whatever reason they cannot graduate? Unless I'm wrong it doesn't seem to apply to those in other years who are paying the fee.

Edit: You edited!

Yeah that's what I thought after I posted. However will I be paying more next year? It just seems weird that I'm paying for my graduation in 3rd year.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Ciara 5

I'm going into first year so the my finance tab is asking me to put in my banking details. Should I do this now or wait until I get an e-mail telling me to?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    Yeah that's what I thought after I posted. However will I be paying more next year? It just seems weird that I'm paying for my graduation in 3rd year.
    The link said the fee applied to students graduating in 2012/2013, so I assume that means anyone not in final year was charged the fee by mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭tabouli

Hmmm. Is it definitely the network/local access password for continuing students? I can't log in using anything I've tried, then again I've been away for the last year so it's probably expired...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

tabouli wrote: »
    Hmmm. Is it definitely the network/local access password for continuing students? I can't log in using anything I've tried, then again I've been away for the last year so it's probably expired...

It's probably expired in that case. That happened to me just before the exams, couldn't use anything local access until I could get to college to change it.

Try using TCD Password Manager to change it (though I had problems with that because it wouldn't accept answers to my security questions, even though they were all numerical, so couldn't be spelled differently or whatever). Failing that, you'll have to use a college computer to change it - assuming you're in Dublin :S

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I was able to log in a few days ago but I just tried again and it didn't work >_<

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

So yeah, I'm not going to have that money by Friday. I'm going to go with "I was given no notification to log into the portal and check my fees status, so how was I to know?" 199 euro at a few days notice? Joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Tears in Rain

Em...I log in and I don't see anything that shows what fees I should be having to pay...the My Finances tab just has an 'Enter Bank Details' thing...should I have to do that first?

Edit: this is what I see when I click on the My Finance

hOxK4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Jammyc wrote: »
    So yeah, I'm not going to have that money by Friday. I'm going to go with "I was given no notification to log into the portal and check my fees status, so how was I to know?" 199 euro at a few days notice? Joke.

My portal is asking for 2335 euro by 1st September :( Good thing the bank approved my loan on Friday if they are being serious

Had a message waiting for my in the portal today saying I could access the payment-form-thing... but no email yet again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Any idea when tutors/timetables will go up? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

You'll find out your tutor in the first week or two of september. As for your timetable, it's the first year they've used eVision portal so no one knows what will happen. Last year, I received a timetable during fresher's week.

That said, if you know someone who's already in TCD and has access to the old student information system, they should be able to pull up last year's timetable for you (They usually don't change from year to year). It may not be straightforward for courses without a fixed set of modules though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Anita Blow

Mine wasn't finalised til a week after we started back. Wouldn't be expecting them soon.

You'll get a probably get a letter in the post about your tutor in a couple of weeks (unless that's changed too).

New students used to get their timetables when they got their college network usernames during Freshers Week and continuing students got access to theirs around the 10th of September. But no-one knows how it's going to work with the new portal.

That said, if you know someone who's already in TCD and has access to the old student information system, they should be able to pull up last year's timetable for you (They usually don't change from year to year). It may not be straightforward for courses without a fixed set of modules though.

Only in certain courses! In courses that involve lots of small groups, lot of optional modules or lots of tutorials, then the timetables can change hugely from year to year. TSM timetables, in particular, are completely different every year.

Only large courses with more lectures than tutorials and where everyone takes the same modules can stay the same, otherwise it depends on numbers, staff and room availability.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭polka dot

2e0pis3.png

um. Should I email back and say I don't have one? :confused: or ask why I don't have one?

I am a continuing student...

EDIT: well that's kind of small. It's an email about going into the My Finances tab, that is still not there.

polka dot wrote: »
    2e0pis3.png

um. Should I email back and say I don't have one? :confused: or ask why I don't have one?

I am a continuing student...

EDIT: well that's kind of small. It's an email about going into the My Finances tab, that is still not there.

This is beyond ridiculous. I sent them a message about my "commencement fee" and I got the exact same email as you. They didn't even look at my question.

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    This is beyond ridiculous. I sent them a message about my "commencement fee" and I got the exact same email as you. They didn't even look at my question.

Hmm I won't expect a reply to my question anytime soon then either.

Here's hoping it gets finished/working sometime soon so we can stop panicking o.o

They're not being very good at emails lately, regarding anything. :(

polka dot wrote: »
    Hmm I won't expect a reply to my question anytime soon then either.

Here's hoping it gets finished/working sometime soon so we can stop panicking o.o

They're not being very good at emails lately, regarding anything. :(

I've just sent an email to the treasury office. Hoping they will take a little more time to read my email. I hope the due date is wrong on my form.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Someone from my course got a reply about the commencement fee:

"Commencement is for your graduation. It has been decided that trinity will take this off students at the beginning of 3rd year. It pays for the day and reception of your graduation.

You should have received a letter from trinity and email about the changes to payment ? Did you not ?"

No one I know has received a letter, the email about the changed doesn't mention it, and the FAQ about commencement which was updated four days ago says it's just for final years.
    What the hell are they doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Anita Blow

Thats a bit unreasonable asking for it in 3rd year? Do they have an excuse?

Lawliet wrote: »

"Commencement is for your graduation. It has been decided that trinity will take this off students at the beginning of 3rd year. It pays for the day and reception of your graduation.

You should have received a letter from trinity and email about the changes to payment ? Did you not ?"

No one I know has received a letter, the email about the changed doesn't mention it, and the FAQ about commencement which was updated four days ago says it's just for final years.

I got a letter from them but it was literally just a print out of the email that was sent to us. Neither the email or the letter mentions the commencement fee.

EDIT: Will we be expected to pay this same fee again at the start of next year?

• Advertisement

Lawliet wrote: »

"
    Dear Gavin

The commencement fee is being charged to all students this year. It is a once off payment which pays for your graduation ceremony.
    You will not be charged again for this.
    Thanks
    David
    "

Looks like we're not the only ones annoyed by this

http://www.universitytimes.ie/?p=12068

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Arrgh I can't log in. :mad:

Yep, only after reading the UT facebook page did I know of anything to do with this fee to be paid before 1st September.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

I didn't have a Fee Payment Form in the 'My Finances' tab, messaged them. Now I don't have a finances tab at all.

Woooo! Free college!

blubloblu wrote: »
    I didn't have a Fee Payment Form in the 'My Finances' tab, messaged them. Now I don't have a finances tab at all.

Woooo! Free college!

YAY I'm not the only one :D Just emailed them asking can I havea My Finances tab please and if not why don't I have one... hoping they'll reply this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Scrappychimow

Looks like the way the do things in college will be changing again judging by their organisation skills.

Paid half my fees today.

Took screen caps of everything :o Lets hope everything went ok.

Thought I might just mention that my payment has gone through and is showing up on the My Finances tab.

So that was 24 hrs for an EFT payment to show up - hope that's helpful to someone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

If there's this much trouble with payment and such, is anyone else thinking that we'll be wandering around lost for a few days, waiting for timetables to be sorted on this new portal?

My course involves several departments, so getting a complete timetable without portal would be a nightmare.

• Advertisement

Just read the UT article - what the hell? I was annoyed about having to pay it in 4th year, but why are they making 3rd years pay it? Clearly hoping to make big money on the interest while it sits in an account for 2 years... :rolleyes::mad:

And it's nice that they expect everyone to pay by Friday, considering they didn't really tell us we had to pay by then. A lot of my classmates seem to think we won't be paying til after the 10th (because the email we got saus "You will be invited to register after Sept 10th" and says absolutely nothing about paying by the 1st.) I'll have it paid by then (if it actually works this time - last time I tried, the total amount due changed from page to page!) but I'd say a LOT of people don't!

Advertisement