Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should we be able to log into the my.tcd.ie portal yet?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Tcddentistry

lauz94 wrote: »
    Just registered,finally! :) Do we need to supply a photo for our student id cards or is the photo taken there, like it is for the student travel cards? :)

What do you mean by register? I thought that was all done during freshers week?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭lauz94

Anita Blow wrote: »
    Your photo will be taken there

Ok thank you! :)

What do you mean by register? I thought that was all done during freshers week?

The registration opened up online on My.Tcd so now it says I'm registered :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Horsovsky

Hey, I've registered but I'm having a problem with setting my network login password. I followed the steps and my myzone page has set up perfectly, but for some reason there's a problem with my network login...:mad:

Anyone else have the same/similar problems?

• Site Banned Posts: 22 Count Wankula

I want my timetable. When do I get it? I'm in the church of what's happenin now cocksuckers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Anita Blow

You'll get your timetable at your course orientation next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

HerrTau wrote: »
    Hey, I've registered but I'm having a problem with setting my network login password. I followed the steps and my myzone page has set up perfectly, but for some reason there's a problem with my network login...:mad:

Get in contact with ISS and they will sort it out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Is it just first years who have registered so far?

Guess so. I'm a continuing student and haven't heard anything about registration so far.

Are our timetables going to be issued on the old SIS or will the new my.tcd be updated before we start back to include our timetable?

Has anybody found out who their academic advisor is on My.Tcd? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Are our timetables going to be issued on the old SIS or will the new my.tcd be updated before we start back to include our timetable?

I'm not sure. We usually just get it sent out in an email to us from the secretary in the department.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

my.tcd.ie, the old SIS timetable tab says that any new timetables will be issued through the new portal

Grand so! Hopefully get it next week then, compared to last year where we didn't get it til the week after Freshers and it changed daily for another 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Do you mean that you changed the password on Myzone? Sometimes the password doesn't get changed for everything - I have different passwords for MyZone, Network Login/Local Access and the old SIS Portal. They all started with the same random-generated password they gave me with my TCD username in first year but various times I've changed it and it didn't apply to all of them.

Basically, if you mean you changed the random password they gave you on Myzone and your new one doesn't work for Network Login, try the random one there because there's a chance you only changed it for Myzone and not for everything else. (Hopefully you know what I mean, tis a bit confusing!).

If that's not the case, contact IS services - but you'll probably have to go in person cause they don't like giving out passwords over the phone/online.
    I want my timetable. When do I get it? I'm in the church of what's happenin now cocksuckers!

No-one knows when you'll get your timetable. Technically we should have them by now, but because this is the first year they're running the mytcd portal, everything has changed and no-one knows when they'll put them up. I noticed a new "Student Record" tab had appeared on mine today - looks like they're still building the portal. Could be tomorrow, could be the night before lectures start.

First years used to have to wait til Freshers week anyway. Some courses give them out at orientation, some don't (TSM don't cause there are far too many combinations and small groups to account for).
    Lawliet wrote: »
    Is it just first years who have registered so far?

First years and postgrads, I think...

• Registered Users Posts: 28 chibihito

Have all the first years registered?
    I didn't get any emails about registration;o

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭mathstalk

chibihito wrote: »
    Have all the first years registered?
    I didn't get any emails about registration;o

I didn't get one either :(
    Very worrying indeed. I checked out my.tcd.ie. There were some new links there, but I couldn't find any distinctive 'registration' page.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 unintitled

Having the exact same problem. :mad:
    Why can't things just work right all the time, not too much to ask for right?:o

I'm pretty bummed because I'm trying to buy a laptop via campus.ie and they want me to sign in using that password and login (i think). Obviously it's not working. I hope I can get a 12% discount on a mac in store… :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

Hey guys,
    anyone know what should do on Friday when I arrive in halls to connect to the college internet/wifi from my laptop? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Taco Chips

You won't be able to use the net for the first day or two while they set up the system. You have to be connected to the college network but the ISS run clinics where they do it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

That kinda sucks but thanks for the reply :)

So is it true that there is no wifi in rooms in Halls? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Taco Chips

There is no WiFi in the modern apartments :P The walls are too thick. The mobile phone reception is generally awful there too. But each of the bedrooms has an ethernet port and the newsagents in Halls sells extra long cables for a fiver. There is WiFi in Oldham house though, which is handy if you are watching something on the big screen and have your laptop with you or if you want to study in the library upstairs. I think the people in the apartments directly above the reception also got WiFi spillover.

Advertisement