Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should we be able to log into the my.tcd.ie portal yet?

Options
  • 23-08-2012 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭

Sort of wish there was a general thread to ask this but I don't think there is

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Anita Blow

Nope. Registration/Re-registration hasn't begun yet

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭polka dot

As far as I know, not yet. You should get an email telling you when you're able to log in.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Calleja

I just got an email about it from the academic registry, so check your emails :)

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭NSNO

Working for me now...

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭lauz94

Just logged in to MyTcd..just wondering on the my applications part ..is everyones My applications saying 'Unconditional offer-waiting for response' beside the course that you accepted on monday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭EmmetOT

lauz94 wrote: »
    Just logged in to MyTcd..just wondering on the my applications part ..is everyones My applications saying 'Unconditional offer-waiting for response' beside the course that you accepted on monday?

Yeah, mine does. I imagine it'll stay that way until we register.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Continuing students haven't been given access yet either.

This is the first year that registration is online (until last year, you had to pay at the bank and get the form stamped, then bring it to college during Freshers week where you registered with pen and paper). The portal has only been created now, we had a different (awful) one before that.

Expect some delays/bugs/problems while they're sorting it out... They keep emailing everyone's TCD accounts to remind us to check our emails - but haven't told us anything other than "We'll tell you about registration via email soon"!

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭NSNO

Continuing students haven't been given access yet either.

This is the first year that registration is online (until last year, you had to pay at the bank and get the form stamped, then bring it to college during Freshers week where you registered with pen and paper). The portal has only been created now, we had a different (awful) one before that.

Expect some delays/bugs/problems while they're sorting it out... They keep emailing everyone's TCD accounts to remind us to check our emails - but haven't told us anything other than "We'll tell you about registration via email soon"!

I'm a continuing student and I can log in and see everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Interferon Gamma

I'm a continuing student and I can also log in. Also you can pay for commencements already.

(AHH I'M IN FINAL YEAR AAAAH)

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

Just about 20 mins after making this I got the email :rolleyes:

All up and running now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Going into fourth year and they're already looking for money off me on the mytcd thing. Funny that, I still have a deferred exam to do on Monday. They must have faith in me.
    Seriously, it will make a difference to us evening peoples (if it works).

Going into fourth year and they're already looking for money off me on the mytcd thing. Funny that, I still have a deferred exam to do on Monday. They must have faith in me.
    Seriously, it will make a difference to us evening peoples (if it works).

Mine literally says nothing on it. I still have to actually renew my grant (and I have to sit repeats too :o ) so they're being very generous with me.

I hope they know I'm getting a grant anyway. I need my results from repeats to apply for it, but I thought I needed to show I'm getting a grant to register? Doesn't make sense. Since nothing's showing up for me I hope this means I'm ok...

Here's hoping.

Oops. Nevermind, I can see it now. Couldn't last time I tried, so I was waiting for an email (after all the emails telling me I'd get an email :P). Maybe it won't be as bad as I predicted! :pac:

EDIT: I have to pay for Commencements now?! I have a year to go before that... (I'm SS now, but still, they're assuming we all pass the year... :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Following formal acceptance of a course offer, additional functionality will be displayed in your portal account.

Please note that if you have already accepted your offer of a place via CAO no further action is required on your part. Your status on my.tcd.ie will be changed in due course.)

It's still not fully functional. It seems to think i'm an incoming student on the homepage but strangely has the correct details in the "My Finances" tab. Once it's up and running properly, it looks like it'll be a much better portal than what we had before. Now all they need to do is allow phones/tablets an easy way to connect to WiFi and allow us to remotely access get/put folders and they'll have solved almost all the major annoyances with Trinity's IT services.

It's still not fully functional. It seems to think i'm an incoming student on the homepage but strangely has the correct details in the "My Finances" tab. Once it's up and running properly, it looks like it'll be a much better portal than what we had before. Now all they need to do is allow phones/tablets an easy way to connect to WiFi and allow us to remotely access get/put folders and they'll have solved almost all the major annoyances with Trinity's IT services.

Ah. Mine's just a home page tab and that's it. I'll just wait til it finishes fixing itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭purplepapillon

Does anyone know when students admitted through PAC (i.e. postgrads) will get this portal account and thus, be able to pay fees?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Last time I checked I couldn't log in. Will try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

I just logged in after a while loading... it asked some security questions and I was able to see the My Finances tab. Don't think I'll log in again until I get the email but hopefully that'll be soon

• Registered Users Posts: 36 KingKazama

Does anyone know when students admitted through PAC (i.e. postgrads) will get this portal account and thus, be able to pay fees?

Postgraduate registration is from August 28th onwards according to http://www.tcd.ie/orientation/registration. I presume we will get our details prior to this at some stage.:)

I've had the email saying that my.tcd.ie would be the facility for payment, at which point I tried and failed to access it, but I never got an email saying it was accessible so I hadn't tried to access it since.

I tried tonight on a whim, got in, and it says I have to pay by the first of September!

Is this an actual deadline? I have to pay by EFT so it's unlikely to get there in time.

If no one has any information, it would still be helpful to know what stage other continuing students are at. I had no idea that I'd be hearing nothing and then end up with less than a week to transfer the money. Madness.

• Advertisement

I've had the email saying that my.tcd.ie would be the facility for payment, at which point I tried and failed to access it, but I never got an email saying it was accessible so I hadn't tried to access it since.

I tried tonight on a whim, got in, and it says I have to pay by the first of September!

Is this an actual deadline? I have to pay by EFT so it's unlikely to get there in time.

If no one has any information, it would still be helpful to know what stage other continuing students are at. I had no idea that I'd be hearing nothing and then end up with less than a week to transfer the money. Madness.

Just noticed the due date as well. I doubt it's accurate seen as I have yet to receive an email from the college.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭NeuroCat

Yeah, I noticed that this morning when I was faffing about on the site just checking it out. I just paid it to be safe since the deadline has been the 1st September every year previously. I'm sure they'll email anyways to let us know.

Eek, I hadn't noticed the due date til now! I was planning on waiting til they notified us before paying anything (in case it wasn't fully functional yet and it didn't go through properly).

They can't seriously do that, can that? I mean, a lot of people probably don't know they can even log in yet (I only found out via this thread, I'd say most of my classmates don't know).

FWIW, there are a few more tabs on it today than there were last time I logged on. Looks like it's still being built. I have a "TEST" tab too.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Phareon

Just wondering which details did people use to sign into the my.tcd.ie site? I can't seem to gain access with either my myzone, trinity gmail, or college network accounts? They all have the same username, but different passwords (of course). Or should we have some sort of new account? I haven't received any sort of email about anything either, just wondering since people have mentioned payment and deadlines, and it's got me a bit worried!

Eek, I hadn't noticed the due date til now! I was planning on waiting til they notified us before paying anything (in case it wasn't fully functional yet and it didn't go through properly).

They can't seriously do that, can that? I mean, a lot of people probably don't know they can even log in yet (I only found out via this thread, I'd say most of my classmates don't know).

FWIW, there are a few more tabs on it today than there were last time I logged on. Looks like it's still being built. I have a "TEST" tab too.

Yeah I noticed that test tab too... I also have a 144 euro "commencement" fee on my account which seems odd seen as that is generally for graduation but I'm only going into 3rd year.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

Phareon wrote: »
    Just wondering which details did people use to sign into the my.tcd.ie site? I can't seem to gain access with either my myzone, trinity gmail, or college network accounts? They all have the same username, but different passwords (of course). Or should we have some sort of new account? I haven't received any sort of email about anything either, just wondering since people have mentioned payment and deadlines, and it's got me a bit worried!

I'm a new student but for me it was:
    username: TCD student number
    password:date of birth in day/month/year format like 10JAN1987

Oh good, I do have these tabs.

And I was able to sign in with my network password?

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    Yeah I noticed that test tab too... I also have a 144 euro "commencement" fee on my account which seems odd seen as that is generally for graduation but I'm only going into 3rd year.

I have that too, but I'm a 4th year. Still wasn't expecting it though! It's a bit early to be paying for graduations!

You should try contacting Admissions or Student Records about that...

Phareon wrote: »

I got in with my network/local access password...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Richieee

Is that not saying that those in their final year can get the fee refunded if for whatever reason they cannot graduate? Unless I'm wrong it doesn't seem to apply to those in other years who are paying the fee.

Edit: You edited!

Advertisement