Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zgemma H7s Guide

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭greasepalm

I have been having issues with my diseqc setup on Advanced tuner setup. Seemed to work initially but on diseqc 1.0 it can't seem to do the port A to port B change. Have to go into tuner setup and change port to get the port of the feed from my motorised dish on Port B.
    While we are on the subject is there any benefit to me swapping my direct 28.2 feed to tuner B instead of Tuner A currently? Crossepg seems to look at tuner B which sometimes fails to access the diseqc 28.2 feed due to the port issues mentioned above.
    Also do satellite recordings preferentially look at tuner A, B or the tuner the channel was originally scanned on?
    Thanks in advance

Just got mine setup an hour ago on 2 boxes.
    config.mode SIMPLE
    mode Diseqc A/B
    Port A 13.0E
    Port B 19.2

This box does not control the motor but gains extra sat feeds by just choosing a sat channel from my bouquets and it changes.

I have been told if recordings are on different sats on diseqc switch it changes to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

greasepalm wrote: »
    Just got mine setup an hour ago on 2 boxes.
    config.mode SIMPLE
    mode Diseqc A/B
    Port A 13.0E
    Port B 19.2

This box does not control the motor but gains extra sat feeds by just choosing a sat channel from my bouquets and it changes.
    Thanks for the reply, do you also have 28.2E in the setup? If so how is it setup?

No as my octo is full lol,if i had others i could them to my 4 port diseqc

4 different sats you add them in as connected so 4 feeds would be A B C D as each has its own sat

No as my octo is full lol,if i had others i could them to my 4 port diseqc

4 different sats you add them in as connected so 4 feeds would be A B C D as each has its own sat
    Will try that setup in a while, so is there any advantage / disadvantage to having the diseqc on tuner A or B?
    For example if recording on 28.2 and wanting to watch a channel on a different transponder does it make any difference which tuner has the simple fixed 28. 2 feed?

If recording on tuner A you can only view B or any channel on the tp.of the channel that is recorded.

You could record 3 sat channels on same TP and view on other tuner.

If recording on 28.2 and wanted to view another on a different TP you would need a second feed to your diseqc.

Like a twin sat box eg Vu solo2 both wired with old sky + hd cables.

Dont think it makes a difference in what way tuners are wired.

Mine has diseqc for tuner A

Motor feed for tuner B and if i move it to a different sat on other box it can work as my bouquets would be listed and a click it will change to it.

Added a screenshot of tuner on previous post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Here's my setup if it helps. This is tuner A. Tuner B = Tuner A.

536750.jpg

It shouldn't matter if nothing is connected to C or D as no channel should be requesting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

thanks man, I'm not using Sky anymore so I guess normal quad LnB will do.

I read somewhere the new boxes work with Sky's wideband LnB's, so thought double check...thanks for your advice mate.

Hello folks,

Further to above, I got a new Quad Lnb. Thankfully neighbor had a big ladder, it was easy to replace Sky lnb, then I plugged back the two cables (Sky lnb had two cables plugged) to 2 ports, two are not connected on the lnb, Should I have connected cables to all 4 ports on the Lnb and use a diseqc? I'm probably mixing up things :)

The tuners are scanning now and they say 418 channels found but majority of them are Sky channels which are locked, there's only a handful of channels (different versions of BBC n ITV etc) which are not locked. Should I be getting more channels or that's what we get please? I have the tuners setting as simple and satellite automatic, is this the correct setting?

I understand I haven't connected a aerial so I'm not getting Irish soarview channels yet.

Any help/advice would be much appreciated, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Hello folks,

Further to above, I got a new Quad Lnb. Thankfully neighbor had a big ladder, it was easy to replace Sky lnb, then I plugged back the two cables (Sky lnb had two cables plugged) to 2 ports, two are not connected on the lnb, Should I have connected cables to all 4 ports on the Lnb and use a diseqc? I'm probably mixing up things :)

The tuners are scanning now and they say 418 channels found but majority of them are Sky channels which are locked, there's only a handful of channels (different versions of BBC n ITV etc) which are not locked. Should I be getting more channels or that's what we get please? I have the tuners setting as simple and satellite automatic, is this the correct setting?

I understand I haven't connected a aerial so I'm not getting Irish soarview channels yet.

Any help/advice would be much appreciated, thanks

There are more than 1,000 channels including the encrypted ones.

I have about 150 individual channels listed for use here.

I swapped 28.2 to Tuner B from A and now have no issues now with Crossepg doing the nightly epg update, still using advanced and diseqc port A for all sat positions on tuner a and happy enough with how it works so far.

Just wondering if a folder can be created in the internal HDD to place multiple recordings in? When I press the "Filelist" button now the list is very very long, folders for kids programmes etc would make it a lot cleaner and neater, can it be done using openwebif or will FileZilla be needed if it is in fact possible?
    Thanks for all the help

Think atv has directories and all recordings say Emmerdale would be in that folder,Fair City would be in another etc etc.As i use openvix every episode is listed in a folder with a date it was recorded.
    Its only on 1 box that i tried Atv on and went back to vix but still have those directories listed and folders.
    Others might be able to say how to do it or maybe box is setup already?

Do you have folders or directories listed for recordings as am sure it could be renamed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭swoofer

Nemeses2050, I am assuming you are using an Openatv image but your box has a multiboot function so in effect you can use 4 images and then decide on the best.

You are on the wrong track scanning the sats. Say if you are on a different image. The 2 tuners are set up as SIMPLE, SINGLE,28.2E ASTRA. NO, NO, green to save.

Now before you scan you set up autobouquets or ABM, in reception you should see Autoboqutmaker.

Say image before I go any further and if you can see Autoboqtemaker. Its so long since I dabbled I have forgotten. If its not there you download from plugins. .

Think atv has directories and all recordings say Emmerdale would be in that folder,Fair City would be in another etc etc.As i use openvix every episode is listed in a folder with a date it was recorded.
    Its only on 1 box that i tried Atv on and went back to vix but still have those directories listed and folders.
    Others might be able to say how to do it or maybe box is setup already?

Do you have folders or directories listed for recordings as am sure it could be renamed.

I am on Openvix and have now using Filezilla created a Kids folder in /media/hdd/movie/ and it now appears after pressing the "Filelist" key.
    Any easy way to cherry pick recordings and place them in the kids folder here /media/hdd/movie/Kids using FileZilla commands or other method?
    Kids folder appears as an option when adding an epg timer also but don't want to set it as the default location for all recordings.

I am on Openvix and have now using Filezilla created a Kids folder in /media/hdd/movie/ and it now appears after pressing the "Filelist" key.
    Any easy way to cherry pick recordings and place them in the kids folder here /media/hdd/movie/Kids using FileZilla commands or other method?
    Kids folder appears as an option when adding an epg timer also but don't want to set it as the default location for all recordings.

Not tried anything like that before so unsure on that.

Another suggestion might be another destination of a second hdd for kids and their recordings could go to that?

Not tried anything like that before so unsure on that.

Another suggestion might be another destination of a second hdd for kids and their recordings could go to that?

An dedicated external hdd is a good idea, cheers

Use a powered external one so as to take pressure off usb,I have a 2tb on my 7hs externally powered.

If you use autotimers there is an option for "custom location" so you can program it to place certain shows in different folders

swoofer wrote: »
    Nemeses2050, I am assuming you are using an Openatv image but your box has a multiboot function so in effect you can use 4 images and then decide on the best.

You are on the wrong track scanning the sats. Say if you are on a different image. The 2 tuners are set up as SIMPLE, SINGLE,28.2E ASTRA. NO, NO, green to save.

Now before you scan you set up autobouquets or ABM, in reception you should see Autoboqutmaker.

Say image before I go any further and if you can see Autoboqtemaker. Its so long since I dabbled I have forgotten. If its not there you download from plugins. .

Hi Swoofer, No I'm actually on openvix. I factory resetted it and set it up again. But when I do auto scan I'm getting the same Sky channels n a bunch of BBC n ITV versions. But then I blind scanned by chance, now I get 350 odd non encrypted channels n another 350 odd encrypted channels (mostly sky), happy with it now however unable to set ABM's, will try your suggestion. Will reset again n before scanning will set up ABM's.

Thank you very much for your help

Stop doing factory reset as you might end up in the crap,any scan you do overwrites previous data.

Do you have Sky Q in the house resulting in low channel finds.

Full scan is 960+ on 28.2

Stop doing factory reset as you might end up in the crap,any scan you do overwrites previous data.

Do you have Sky Q in the house resulting in low channel finds.

Full scan is 960+ on 28.2

No I don't have Sky Q, used to have a year ago. Unable to scan for ABMs, it saying error in tuner B, my tuner B settings are same as tuner A. Thought will reset it once n set up ABM'S as suggested by Swoofer and then scan.

Did you get your lnb changed when you left Sky?

If not that is your issue as other boxes wont work on it until its changed.

• Advertisement

Did you get your lnb changed when you left Sky?

If not that is your issue as other boxes wont work on it until its changed.

I did replace the wide band LnB which was on the dish. Sort of happy with the channels I'm getting now, however I would like to get them sorted in order n get rid of dupes.

Its best to have 2 working sat feeds into the 2 tuners and post up a picture of your 2 tuner setup and also abm.+ have you setup Saorview for your Irish channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Hi Swoofer, No I'm actually on openvix. I factory resetted it and set it up again. But when I do auto scan I'm getting the same Sky channels n a bunch of BBC n ITV versions. But then I blind scanned by chance, now I get 350 odd non encrypted channels n another 350 odd encrypted channels (mostly sky), happy with it now however unable to set ABM's, will try your suggestion. Will reset again n before scanning will set up ABM's.

Thank you very much for your help

I'm using Openvix latest on my box and find ABM a bit of faff to be honest. The skin I use is SlyK Onyx and I've just put all the freesat and Saorview channels I like into the one "Favourites" bouquet. You can set the amount of lines/rows in the epg to suit your taste, i've mine set to 16. Not what you are aiming at but maybe worth considering?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Supercell wrote: »
    I'm using Openvix latest on my box and find ABM a bit of faff to be honest. The skin I use is SlyK Onyx and I've just put all the freesat and Saorview channels I like into the one "Favourites" bouquet. You can set the amount of lines/rows in the epg to suit your taste, i've mine set to 16. Not what you are aiming at but maybe worth considering?

I agree, I've never seen the need for ABM for the very rare occasion that anything good changes. I have my favourites listing Saorview first then BBCs etc in roughly alphabetical order. I'm a firm believer in KISS. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭tipperary

Anyone know what the best USB DVB-T2 tuner is for these? I am looking to add a second tuner. I have a play TV at the moment, but it doesn't really handle the HD streams unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

tipperary wrote: »
    Anyone know what the best USB DVB-T2 tuner is for these? I am looking to add a second tuner. I have a play TV at the moment, but it doesn't really handle the HD streams unfortunately.

Keen to hear a recommendation on this myself as I have to get one for the Zgemma too, only have the freesat channels at the moment and want to add the Irish ones. Seems you can pay up to 60 or 70 euro for one but if anyone knows of one at a more reasonable price around 20 or 30 please post up.

https://www.satworld.ie/formuler-usb-dvb-t2-c-tuner.html

Ring them to confirm as you have to install drivers from your feeds for it to work.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Keen to hear a recommendation on this myself as I have to get one for the Zgemma too, only have the freesat channels at the moment and want to add the Irish ones. Seems you can pay up to 60 or 70 euro for one but if anyone knows of one at a more reasonable price around 20 or 30 please post up.

Does your box not have the Saorview tuner?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Does your box not have the Saorview tuner?

Not as far as Im aware, I got it from World of Satellite in the UK, this one
    https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/zgemma/zgemma-h7c

The box is connected to a chimney aeriel and satellite. I did a scan, all the satellite channels came through but no Irish ones, I saw it scan terrestrial (DVB-T2) but it didnt return anything. It got 884 satellite channels but for some reason when I go to the epg it only goes up to 520. But no Irish channels anyway which is why Im presuming I need a usb tuner for it to get them.

• Advertisement

Zgemma H7C 4K UHD 2x DVB-C/T2 + 1x DVB-S2X according to specs on wos.

You have to setup your saorview tuner to your location did you?
    If you wanted to view and record both Saorview tuners need feeds
    You must have a sat feed installed as you have got sat channels.

Advertisement