Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zgemma H7s Guide

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Davexirl wrote: »
    Anyone know what setting I need to change to stop audio description from coming on for certain channels? I have to turn it off manually when I switch that channel on.

In audio settings set preferred language to ENG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Hedgecutter

Hi guys, can anyone tell how to add an auto timer to zgemma with pure 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭swoofer

plugins, , green button, extensions, downlood autotimer etc

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭PJtharsaile

Anyone know if AutoBouquetsMaker runs daily or if there's any other reason if/why I should see changes in the order of the Bouquets periodically?

I use Kodi with TVHeadend and have a "Default" Bouquet with Irish terrestrial channels first then most of the FTA satellite channels, with rubbish excluded (home shopping etc.).

I copied the setup using DemonEditor (running on Linux Mint) to populate the Favourites Bouquet on the H7S.

All looked good at first. The following day I found had a double set of Bouquets, so manually deleted them all via the ZGemma web interface, and saved them again from Demon Editor. That appeared to resolve the duplication, but subsequently I've seen the order of the Bouquets change for no reason (I want Favourites first, and it's been displaced a few times by FreeSat Info).

It's only a minor annoyance but I'd like to resolve if there's a known fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Autobouquetsmaker runs daily, or at least it does for me. The idea being that you can set it up and forget about it, each day you can then have the latest channel changes sorted correctly with no effort required. You can change the settings though to change schedule, and can also set what happens with other bouquets you have created...

• Advertisement

Thanks. I noticed the "scan" options later, and the option for changes for appear at the top and bottom. I hadn't taken it in earlier.

However, I'm wondering if things are working as they should. Nothing happens when I press the Favourites (ie blue) button having pulled up the list of Bouquets and I can see a reference in the logs to a missing favorites.xml file, confirmed by inspecting /etc/enigma2. (I'm assuming that it should open the Favourites Bouquet).

I think this is because I renamed it "Favourites" when loading my default set of channels in the order I wanted. It then seemed to get an internal name (userbouquet.[something].tv)-- it has, at any rate, disappeared.

I think I may need to redo this /sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭greasepalm

When pressing the blue button for favourites try pressing the up button above OK button and see it then shows bouquets.

Thanks. I noticed the "scan" options later, and the option for changes for appear at the top and bottom. I hadn't taken it in earlier.

However, I'm wondering if things are working as they should. Nothing happens when I press the Favourites (ie blue) button having pulled up the list of Bouquets and I can see a reference in the logs to a missing favorites.xml file, confirmed by inspecting /etc/enigma2. (I'm assuming that it should open the Favourites Bouquet).

I think this is because I renamed it "Favourites" when loading my default set of channels in the order I wanted. It then seemed to get an internal name (userbouquet.[something].tv)-- it has, at any rate, disappeared.

I think I may need to redo this /sigh.

If you made a backup the 'favourites' bouquet will be in there. Either restore your settings completely with the backup or just extract that file from the backup.

Yes, I know. I'm just insufficiently familiar with the device to know if it's working properly or not. I have a Favourites Bouquet with all the right channels in the right order. It just doesn't interact with the Blue button in the way I expect -- given

1. Pressing FAV on remote pulls up Bouquets
    2. Pressing Blue button after this does nothing (expected or not?)
    3. Pressing Blue button after 1, then Green, Yellow or Red button, pulls up a Bouquet called "Saorview"

My guess is that 2 (above) should have pulled up the contents of the Favourites Bouquet -- not the one I named Favourites but an internal default (favorites.xml). It's only a minor annoyance but I bet I'm not the first to change "favorites" to "Favourites".

On Vix i press the lower arrow under Ok then blue for my User - Bouquets then select from there .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

I have timeshift enabled and when I pause live tv for a while and then return to play again I cant seem to find how to fast forward to where I want in the amount of content recorded in the timeshift, when I press ok to bring up the info bar it does not allow me to fast forward, the red not allowed x appears.
    Any advice appreciated.

to fast forward have you tried >> button or to skip try 3, 6 or 9 button

One thing i never use is timeshift as dont see the need in having another thing not used on box.

greasepalm wrote: »
    One thing i never use is timeshift as dont see the need in having another thing not used on box.

I don't have it enabled either to save resources. However it will still work if you hit pause. Useful if your phone rings or someone comes to the door (do people still call to the door?)

No not usually unless something got sold on Adverts and there picking it up.

No not usually unless something got sold on Adverts and there picking it up.

hehehe like the ad says:-
    "2020, when your bins went out more than you did"
    :D

Think my bins like to stay at home also.

to fast forward have you tried >> button or to skip try 3, 6 or 9 button

The 3 button seems to do the trick thanks.

By default** the jump settings which also applies to recordings are:-

1 = back 10Sec
    4 = back 1Min
    7 = back 5Min
    3 = forward 10Sec
    6 = forward 1Min
    9 = forward 5Min

**This may vary with some skins or can be configured to your own needs in the menu.

1 = back 10Sec
    4 = back 1Min
    7 = back 5Min
    3 = forward 10Sec
    6 = forward 1Min
    9 = forward 5Min

**This may vary with some skins or can be configured to your own needs in the menu.[/QUOTE

On Vix can it be configured that fast forward button can do the actions of one of buttons 3, 6 or 9 instead?

• Advertisement

The fast forward >> or rewind << buttons change the playback speed so they are mapped to them functions. You can alter the forward/rewind speed steps or the numbered jump intervals but I don't think you can easily change the actual function mapping of the buttons. In practice I found the forward/rewind functions temperamental on several images and therefore I prefer to just use the jump functions. E.G. pressing 6 four times is usually enough to skip a four minute ad break.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

1 = back 10Sec
    4 = back 1Min
    7 = back 5Min
    3 = forward 10Sec
    6 = forward 1Min
    9 = forward 5Min

**This may vary with some skins or can be configured to your own needs in the menu.
    Thanks for that -- Part of the pausing live TV benefit is that you can skip the ads when watching back and for the life of me I couldn't work out the fast forward business. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭a clanger

Hi all. Thanks for the help in setting this box up. I've got so far but need some help with layout button function. When I press the TV button I get a list of bouquets. (image 1) I have switched off Autobouquets as it keeps dropping the favourites to the bottom. when I press the Ok button to select a bouquet I get the simple EPG for that channel (image 2). Is there anyway after selecting the bouquet (favourites +1 etc) it will default to the graphical EPG (image 3 ) TIA

a clanger wrote: »
    Hi all. Thanks for the help in setting this box up. I've got so far but need some help with layout button function. When I press the TV button I get a list of bouquets. (image 1) I have switched off Autobouquets as it keeps dropping the favourites to the bottom. when I press the Ok button to select a bouquet I get the simple EPG for that channel (image 2). Is there anyway after selecting the bouquet (favourites +1 etc) it will default to the graphical EPG (image 3 ) TIA

Instead of using the TV button try the EPG button which should open your favourite bouquet.
    535842.png

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭a clanger

Thanks Gerry, but N... the EPG button only opens the current/last selected bouquet. It would actually be an improvement if it opened favourites. I had Newclaremans image in a tiviar and I'm sure it went straight to the graphical EPG when you made the initial bouquet selection

Pushing the down button (under OK) should open whatever bouquet you are on.
    If not check SETUP>USER INTERFACE>CHANNEL SELECTION> "always show bouquets" = no

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

How you folks...

Picked up H7s other day and set-it up, but the tuners aren't picking any signals, Does that mean the LnB's are kaput? I had Sky Q for couple of years, last used them in Dec 2019.

any advice would be much appreciated.

How you folks...

Picked up H7s other day and set-it up, but the tuners aren't picking any signals, Does that mean the LnB's are kaput? I had Sky Q for couple of years, last used them in Dec 2019.

any advice would be much appreciated.

Sky Q uses different lnbs if you no longer use sky Q you need to change them.

If using sky Q you need a hybrid lnb to receive both.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Sky Q uses different lnbs if you no longer use sky Q you need to change them.

If using sky Q you need a hybrid lnb to receive both.

thanks man, I'm not using Sky anymore so I guess normal quad LnB will do.

I read somewhere the new boxes work with Sky's wideband LnB's, so thought double check...thanks for your advice mate.

• Advertisement

I have been having issues with my diseqc setup on Advanced tuner setup. Seemed to work initially but on diseqc 1.0 it can't seem to do the port A to port B change. Have to go into tuner setup and change port to get the port of the feed from my motorised dish on Port B.
    While we are on the subject is there any benefit to me swapping my direct 28.2 feed to tuner B instead of Tuner A currently? Crossepg seems to look at tuner B which sometimes fails to access the diseqc 28.2 feed due to the port issues mentioned above.
    Also do satellite recordings preferentially look at tuner A, B or the tuner the channel was originally scanned on?
    Thanks in advance

Advertisement