Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,114 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

VIS at DUB now 2000m at 18:30hrs with fog in the vicinity.

Could be a long evening with lots of diversions.

Edit: 18:53 LVP's now coming in place, holding is starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Strange going along the M50 north this morning. Nice and clear until around Finglas and then into fog. Off the M50 then and up towards the Whitehall and Swords direction. No fog!

At least 7 in the hold for RWY 10 takeoff, RVR's now down to 450m at some locations on the runway. (Stopend now 325m!)

Such fog in June so early in the evening is quite rare.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭TheFitz13

I love beside the airport and the fog isn't that thick, didn't know it would cause this many problems

TheFitz13 wrote: »
    I love beside the airport and the fog isn't that thick, didn't know it would cause this many problems

325m RVR at the 28 threshold, thats quite dense! Anything thicker than a fine mist causes LVP's which causes delays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Bsal

For Dublin LVP's are in force when RVR less than 550m and/or ceiling below 200ft or MET VIS below 800m.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

Looks poor from the Radisson!

image.jpg

Rescue 16 appears to have gone around at DUB. (EI-ICG)

The difference a few more miles inland makes with sea fog, beautiful out at Baldonnel.

METAR EIDW 081830Z 08007KT 060V120 0800 R16/1200U R28/0800N R10/2000D FG BKN002 BKN004 15/14 Q1024 NOSIG=

METAR EIME 081800Z 08009KT 9999 FEW018 BKN250 18/14 Q1024=

FR8559 diverting to Cork.

The Berlin flights really like Cork!

• Advertisement

AF5381 (New Sukhoi Superjet 100-95B) BCY318 on it's return from its first passenger service from Paris to Dublin going around and diverting to Belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Cessna_Pilot

Carnacalla wrote: »
    AF5381 (New Sukhoi Superjet 100-95B) BCY318 on it's return from its first passenger service from Paris to Dublin going around and diverting to Belfast.

Just went over the roof of the gaff here, woke me up from a nap! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

VIS at DUB now 2000m at 18:30hrs with fog in the vicinity.

Could be a long evening with lots of diversions.

Edit: 18:53 LVP's now coming in place, holding is starting.

Anyone with knowledge explain how they measure this, just we are 400M from the flightpath on R132 and I can't see a thing leave, I can here them but can't see them

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mreilly2002

Any idea what is going on with BF6809 BlueBird Cargo. Showing as parked in Swords now.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Cessna_Pilot

He's up at the Maccie D's at Airside getting a drive thru.

BA824 diverting to Belfast-City.

That's diversion number 3 this evening and number 7 today.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭jonno23

Saw the plane positioned back to Dublin a while later. With passengers, or did the poor sods get put on a 3hr bus ride back to Dublin?

Was on the flight, and they kept us on board while refuelling in Cork, before bringing us back to Dublin after a bit of further delay. I imagine the captain was waiting for the backlog of flights in Dublin to clear. Thankfully no bus ride back to Dublin.
    Was some amount of lightning visible when we were initially approaching dublin airport, was delighted when the captain announced we were diverting, I didn't fancy being in the middle of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Cityjet off to Shannon now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Rescue 16 appears to have gone around at DUB. (EI-ICG)

Rescue 116 didn't even try a second go, went straight on to Baldonnell. On the ground just before 8pm.

Edit: From MarineTraffic map it looks like R116 was up in the North on a mission doing searches off Blackhead (Antrim) and then off to a hospital south of Belfast and back to DUB but couldn't land...

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Next one off too, AF1016 (CDG-DUB) cityjet Avro RJ85 to Shannon this time, number 4 this evening.

Nice mix of airports this evening, 1 to Belfast City, 1 to Belfast Aldergrove, 1 to Cork and 1 to Shannon (5 in total today)

• Advertisement

FR855 from Cork in the hold at Dublin, returning after an earlier diversion of FR8559 from Berlin to Dublin.

Dublin is the second most delayed airport in the world currently, several flights heavily delayed this evening. This will help stagger the arrivals, hence less holding delays and in turn fewer diversions.

RYR7379 (FR7379) RAK-DUB who were earlier considering a diversion now have reports of a sick passenger on board. RYR91RA (FR537) EMA-DUB offered to give them their place in the sequence, but they are ahead of them anyway.

Diversions
    RYR57AD (FR7225) Lanzarote-Dublin also diverting to SNN now, vectors to DERAG given.
    EIN575 (EI575) ALC-DUB diverting to ORK.
    RYR48JN (FR7095) MJV-DUB diverting to SNN.
    Holding
    RYR18QB (FR7123) Tenerife to Dublin holding just north east of Cork airport, descending currently at 28,000ft. Continuing to DUB now. Update: Another loop at Carlow at 22,000ft.
    EIN575 (EI575) holding between Wexford and Wales in the Irish sea at 24,000ft. Delays now over 30mins. DIVERTED
    Gulfstream 6 holding over Mayo (Courtesy of Oscar Bravo)
    RYR48JN (FR7095) MJV-DUB holding south east of EI575 DIVERTED

• Registered Users Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

One of the more interesting non standerd holds is a Gulfstream 6 holding over east mayo/Roscommon continuing inbound DUB now

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Razor44

Pan pan ryr7379, med emergency. From what I herd on the feed young child with pains. 17 or so aircraft in the hold or incoming.

EI 575 holding out over the Irish Sea of Wales. Along with Fr48jn. Busy night is an understatement.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Mech1

Im loving this seemingly new South Dublin racetrack hold, they seem to be using my antenna as the turning left point at end of northerly leg:D. Pity I can see nothin but sounds good!

The G650 biz jet is Denis O'Briens.

EIN 575 looks to have given up and is heading to Cork from its hold off Wales.

RYR48JN also looks like it's off elsewhere

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

First time I can recall seeing aircraft (FR7095) for Dublin holding over Strumble, during the day, that's one of the busiest waypoints on the airways in and out of the UK, though there's not much activity in that area at this time of the night.

Both aircraft that were in that area are now breaking out of the holds, EIN575 looks like it's going to Cork, and the Ryanair isn't making any change towards Dublin yet, it's looking like Shannon for him.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

They have reduced the separation to 4 miles, as opposed to the usual 5 miles.

• Advertisement

We now also have a holding controller! 133.275

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement