Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭leex

jeco wrote: »
    Anybody get any indication when Tonabrocky (Galway) might be enabled?
    Originally supposed to be 2 weeks ago but no update since.

I'm supposed to be getting a connection to there tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jeco

Hi leex, thats encouraging, when did you sign up?
    Could you let me know how you get on and in which direction you are from Tonabrocky.
    I signed up at start of May and have heard nothing back yet.

jeco wrote: »
    Hi leex, thats encouraging, when did you sign up?
    Could you let me know how you get on and in which direction you are from Tonabrocky.
    I signed up at start of May and have heard nothing back yet.

3 weeks ago today

18km north of Tonabrooky

• Registered Users Posts: 32,803 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Anyone know how long they take to respond to an Eircode query, sent mine a few days ago, and heard nothing back yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

NIMAN wrote: »
    Anyone know how long they take to respond to an Eircode query, sent mine a few days ago, and heard nothing back yet.

Best just to ring them (1890 92 92 99) or use the Live Chat on their website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

polaris68 wrote: »
    ring them (1890 92 92 99)

For those with inclusive landline calls Imagine's main number is: 01-4375000

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

I did what you did originally and was waiting a few days without hearing anything. Contacted them via twitter and was signed up within 24 hours. I was told Its a minimum 2 week wait from sign up before installation (Galway area). Hoping to get connected before bank holiday weekend ...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

First evening with imagine installed form the Bweeng mast... delighted :)

5353713442.png

The only thing is the supplied router seems to vary an awful lot from place to place in the house, even a few feet apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,161 ✭✭✭✭ED E

While FWA isnt a long term solution its great to see rural users beating out Dublin suburbs for peak downstream. I'd be giddy as a schoolgirl if I were you with that kinda upgrade.

Had my Tonabrooky install today. I am 18km north of the mast. Nice tidy install on my chimney

Results: http://www.speedtest.net/results.php?sh=aecde9c6a966e2a552333f79b461f612&ria=0

• Advertisement

Best just to ring them (1890 92 92 99) or use the Live Chat on their website.

Tried using LiveChat twice, no one ever appeared to chat to me on it.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭fish fingers

I've mine installed in Oranmore in Galway for a week. The lads put it on the old mmds pole. It's running great, I'm delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Quiksilver

chris_ie wrote: »
    Also, someone was wondering earlier :

From twitter : "Between 12am and 7am you could download and it wouldn't count towards your 20Gb."

Which is great.

Has anyone been able to confirm this, would be great to leave large downloads to be done overnight and not affect your daily limit.

Also has anyone hit the limit yet? I wonder what speeds you get throttled down to.

Tried using LiveChat twice, no one ever appeared to chat to me on it.:rolleyes:

You're not having much luck getting in contact with them. Doesn't augur well for their customer service if you do sign up with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

You're not having much luck getting in contact with them. Doesn't augur well for their customer service if you do sign up with them.

i tried them on that live chat as well yesterday but no response. Still no word on install date or why neighbours who ordered a couple of weeks after me got set up first. Happy for neighbours but getting rightly p****d off with imagine before even getting to use the service.
    I reckon they completely under estimated the demand in Galway and as such have made a complete balls of the rollout.

Scruff wrote: »
    i tried them on that live chat as well yesterday but no response. Still no word on install date or why neighbours who ordered a couple of weeks after me got set up first. Happy for neighbours but getting rightly p****d off with imagine before even getting to use the service.
    I reckon they completely under estimated the demand in Galway and as such have made a complete balls of the rollout.

Install crew that visited me this morning had 3 installs today in total for the day. This would equate to 15 for a typical week which is not a lot. They did mention that they will have more installers from next week.

I had a sales rep make contact with me initially within a day or two of filling out online form. He was very enthusiastic and followed up with many calls and emails until I signed up. Replies to my emails post sign-up was decent too.

I couldnt fault them YET but will be closely monitoring speeds.

I'm not panicking too much as I don't think they are up here in North Donegal yet anyway.

But would still be nice for therm to respond.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

I dont think they are anywhere in Donegal right now.

I signed up last Friday and got a generic email today telling me that the roll-out to my area is "on schedule" but that "engineers are testing the network and assessing distances, speeds and technical metrics. These are all key things they check before handing the network over to us and allow customers like you to be installed".

They will "in touch again soon to arrange a date for your installation".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

leex wrote: »
    Install crew that visited me this morning had 3 installs today in total for the day. This would equate to 15 for a typical week which is not a lot. They did mention that they will have more installers from next week.

I had a sales rep make contact with me initially within a day or two of filling out online form. He was very enthusiastic and followed up with many calls and emails until I signed up. Replies to my emails post sign-up was decent too.

I couldnt fault them YET but will be closely monitoring speeds.

It sure looks that way, you're checking speeds on average every 3 minutes :D They are encouraging speeds though - I'd be a bit closer to that mast so hopefully will get similar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭irishchris

Hoki wrote: »
    It sure looks that way, you're checking speeds on average every 3 minutes :D They are encouraging speeds though - I'd be a bit closer to that mast so hopefully will get similar.

Hoping those speeds hold up at peak times with galway demand off that mast

irishchris wrote: »
    Hoping those speeds hold up at peak times with galway demand off that mast

If their claim of keeping each transmitter to 400 clients is true, it should be no worse than any other location. I'll do regular speed tests which should update on the link above. (Away from tomorrow afternoon to Mon evening).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭morgana

Holding up well on the Bweeng mast which is one of the earliest enabled.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Pious14

Living in patrickswell, limerick. Got a call today offering me the service as its coming live in the next month from a mast on Woodcock Hill. Said its available to first 400 customers only so speeds won't be deteriorated. Hopefully, it works. Said a 20mile radius from woodcock hill will be able to avail of it

• Registered Users Posts: 36,161 ✭✭✭✭ED E

400 per tower, interesting. Wonder if its sectored or omni (assume the former).

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Chef-1st

Roughly how long are people waiting to get connected? Are we talking many many weeks? I'm in Wexford. He said it would be no more than 10 days max.

Not been a good start already with Imagine. Signed up over 2 weeks ago, took my 100euro, and then nothing else. Not a word.
    I've gone over the 14 day cooling off period now, so if I cancel I'm down a 100euro.
    Got on to them just to see how long it would be. He said he would put a call in to tech support and the engineers. He couldn't give me a time-frame, just the usual bull about how the service is now live in my area, and should be soon. Sorry what?? Was it not live before I signed up?
    Also asked for a written contract to be sent to my email, as their verbal contract over the phone is all you have with them. You literally have nothing in writing.
    Got a text saying something like ... "your issue has been resolved". And that's it! Resolved how? Not a word from anyone. No email. No time-frame. Nothing.
    I find this troubling and not a good start. I had similar worries before with another broadband provider a few years ago (yes Ripplecom, I'm talking about you. Probably the worst customer service ever. And the worst broadband). I understand they're probably flat out with new installs. I'm happy for them. But to hear nothing, get no real answer, and say my issue has been resolved is not the best start to an 18month contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭rob808

Chef-1st wrote: »
    Roughly how long are people waiting to get connected? Are we talking many many weeks? I'm in Wexford. He said it would be no more than 10 days max.

Not been a good start already with Imagine. Signed up over 2 weeks ago, took my 100euro, and then nothing else. Not a word.
    I've gone over the 14 day cooling off period now, so if I cancel I'm down a 100euro.
    Got on to them just to see how long it would be. He said he would put a call in to tech support and the engineers. He couldn't give me a time-frame, just the usual bull about how the service is now live in my area, and should be soon. Sorry what?? Was it not live before I signed up?
    Also asked for a written contract to be sent to my email, as their verbal contract over the phone is all you have with them. You literally have nothing in writing.
    Got a text saying something like ... "your issue has been resolved". And that's it! Resolved how? Not a word from anyone. No email. No time-frame. Nothing.
    I find this troubling and not a good start. I had similar worries before with another broadband provider a few years ago (yes Ripplecom, I'm talking about you. Probably the worst customer service ever. And the worst broadband). I understand they're probably flat out with new installs. I'm happy for them. But to hear nothing, get no real answer, and say my issue has been resolved is not the best start to an 18month contract.
    I wouldn't had paid them a €100 euro especially since you haven't got the broadband off them yet.I think you should be able to cancel and get your money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

The 14 day notice doesn't start until they deliver the service to you. So you can cancel now, if you want and get your money back.

They are required to record their phone calls and keep them for several years, so your "verbal contract" is as good as a written one. You are entitled to receive the recording or a transcript of it should you be in dispute with them over something.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Almost 4 weeks since i ordered and paid the €100. Got a "curtesy call" from a rep last week to say i'd be rang this week. Was told there was phenomenal demand or words to that effect and that they were getting additional installation crews online in the coming weeks. So it just reconfirmed my earlier stated opinion that they have made a balls of this rollout and will probably be waiting a few more weeks...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭tvc15

My experience so far as someone in relatively close proximity to one of the masts:

Signed up for first group of installations - they came out and said they would need a longer ladder and never came back which was annoying but no money changed hands.

Eir were still dragging their heels until very recently so gave up with them and spent the €100 with Imagine who sent someone out within 3 days - great but they didn't have the right ladders that day either

2 weeks later they final come back with a new date and will have the right ladders so I wait around all evening until finally get a call that they aren't coming

Now today they were back yet again on the roof and said they can get 50Mb with the receiver on the chimney - great! But 30 minutes after agreeing the install points etc. they no longer feel comfortable on the roof and won't install

Waiting to hear back from the office on the refund etc. but they said loads of houses they go to can't get reception if theres any trees around - hope to god these lads have nothing to do with the national broadband plan if their service requires working on a roof but they won't do it (that said I don't blame the lad installing if he wasn't provided with the correct equipment)

Advertisement