Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭morgana

Naw, its not. IIRC, pings are disabled in the router. There you go:

m8nq77.jpg

And now have a static IP too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭leex

I have just booked an install slot for Galway (Tonnabrooky) for next Thursday morning. During the call they stated that antenna may be installed under roof on wall or worst case on a chimney using up to a 3m pole. (Someone asked about install on a pole earlier).

morgana wrote: »

And now have a static IP too.

Is the static IP provided as standard or did you have to request it?

You have to request it - a lot of people wouldn't know why you would want one :P.

You have to request it - a lot of people wouldn't know why you would want one :P.

Thanks - I have requested that they add it to my order. Will come in handy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

leex wrote: »
    Thanks - I have requested that they add it to my order. Will come in handy.

Careful now! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Signed up for this this afternoon - we'll be getting our signal from a new mast at Whitechurch Co. Cork which will be going active late June/early July.

Currently getting about 7 / 0.5 Mbs from Sky broadband so already looking forward to the faster speeds. Hopefully everything will go smoothly with the install etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Guilty! Why would you want one? - I also signed up with Imagine yesterday. Looking forward to getting better than the 2mb connection I'm currently on.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Hoki wrote: »
    Guilty! Why would you want one? - I also signed up with Imagine yesterday. Looking forward to getting better than the 2mb connection I'm currently on.

Maybe so you could easily access your home server, using a known IP address that does not change, when travelling?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

another nice reason to have a static ip address would be to host a small private gaming server for something old school like counter-strike or Quake 2!.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭irishchris

Anyone else that signed up get the android tv box? Seems to be gone off their website now?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 just_manu

Hi, Imagine LTE broadband is going to be going live in the next few weeks in Donegal.
    Does anyone know what the phone line is like?
    Anyone know what the app is called that you can use on your mobile for the phone line?
    Need the phone line for work so just want to see what people think of it? Thanks folks.

just_manu wrote: »
    Hi, Imagine LTE broadband is going to be going live in the next few weeks in Donegal.
    Does anyone know what the phone line is like?
    Anyone know what the app is called that you can use on your mobile for the phone line?
    Need the phone line for work so just want to see what people think of it? Thanks folks.

Mine is going to be installed on Thurs but my understanding is you can plug existing landline phone into the router/unit that will be installed IN your house. The app is in development and will allow you take your calls through an APP on your mobile if you're away from the house.

Mine is going to be installed on Thurs but my understanding is you can plug existing landline phone into the router/unit that will be installed IN your house. The app is in development and will allow you take your calls through an APP on your mobile if you're away from the house.

Thanks leex.
    The App will be very handy and if I sign up for this I'll be able to drop the landline but want to make sure all works well with Avaya soft phone before cutting the landline. Cheers.

Yes you just plug in your usual house phone into the router. I have been using a VOIP phone line for many years and have never noticed any difference to a normal land line. The only drawback of a VOIP phone is that the line will be down in case of power cuts.
    But then, in the age of mobiles, this is not really an issue.
    Looking forward to the mobile app as well.

just_manu wrote: »
    Thanks leex.
    The App will be very handy and if I sign up for this I'll be able to drop the landline but want to make sure all works well with Avaya soft phone before cutting the landline. Cheers.

Am I correct in saying the Avaya soft phone is a PC application like SKYPE etc so is independent of VOIP hardware (e.g. phone handset) anyway? The main performance consideration for this would be no latency issues which the ping speeds published here would suggest is not an issue.

Am I correct in saying the Avaya soft phone is a PC application like SKYPE etc so is independent of VOIP hardware (e.g. phone handset) anyway? The main performance consideration for this would be no latency issues which the ping speeds published here would suggest is not an issue.

Avaya is a corporate soft phone application. It allows employees to login to the application from home and dial phone numbers from their laptop which routes the call through the company's servers which then makes a call back to your home number and connects you to the desired number.
    So, net result is you can call eg America and not be charged to you own phone. (Sorry long winded reply there!)
    I assume once I can receive the call to my house number I should be good.

Keeping an eye on Morgana's stats. Looks to be holding up well since the antenna issue was resolved. Obvious dips at peak times but that is to be expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

These are the telephone rates for the LTE service if anyone is wondering -

d8z0w.jpg

I thought local and national calls are included as part of the 59.99 pm package?

• Advertisement

Yes they are. I presume this applies to international/premium numbers.

I think the local/national rates apply if the 60min free period is surpassed - they say in the terms and conditions that you should hang up and dial again after 60min.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Waffleon

Hi there. I checked imagine coverage page, entered my details and then a guy rang me to tell me there was a mast being installed in Rylane due to go live in mid June. I signed up there and then. Next an installation guy will call, check signal. If greater than 30meg all ok. If less than 30 meg I get a refund and stick with my current provider. Nothing to loose then..!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

ordered 3 weeks ago and havent heard anything about an install yet. Next door neighbour ordered last week and had it installed 3 days later. Rang up and queried but no call back. Not impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭irishchris

Scruff wrote: »
    ordered 3 weeks ago and havent heard anything about an install yet. Next door neighbour ordered last week and had it installed 3 days later. Rang up and queried but no call back. Not impressed.

Same issue here. Where you based scruff

morgana, are you taking the speed tests via wired or wireless connection?

My PC is wired to the router using a cat 6 cable. When i take tests on the mobile, I get a about 54 Mbps (not sure if that is a limit on the mobile, wireless reception is pretty good everywhere in the house using the Asus RT-N66U). Haven't run tests on the laptop (Sony, wireless adapter is utter crap) or the other PC for a while.

My PC is wired to the router using a cat 6 cable. When i take tests on the mobile, I get a about 54 Mbps (not sure if that is a limit on the mobile, wireless reception is pretty good everywhere in the house using the Asus RT-N66U). Haven't run tests on the laptop (Sony, wireless adapter is utter crap) or the other PC for a while.
    Ah that's cool, got the service installed this morning - fair used to the boys they moved it twice in order to get the best reception... Was reading 80Mb+ with the engineers laptop (wired) and then when they went it read about 50Mb wireless.

Seems to stack up with your own figures!

Does anyone know what the darker shade of orange on their coverage maps represents? Better or worse coverage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 jeco

Anybody get any indication when Tonabrocky (Galway) might be enabled?
    Originally supposed to be 2 weeks ago but no update since.

Advertisement