Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread MOD WARNING POST #2944

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Oh sorry....that's the reaction to Diarmuid being called Dermie.

Here ya go...

https://twitter.com/DubGAAOfficial/media?lang=en

• Registered Users Posts: 33 kiddap

Thanks lads but I aven't found the new jersey there, must be me eyyyyyesiiight aye?

kiddap wrote: »
    Never 'eard of 'im lad, is 'e a character in The Muppet Show?

No offence meant BonnieDog, it's just me Lancashire accent lad, aye. Gets me into riiiight bother over 'ere sometimes, blooody 'eehhhhllllll!

• Advertisement

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Oh sorry....that's the reaction to Diarmuid being called Dermie.

Here ya go...

https://twitter.com/DubGAAOfficial/media?lang=en

Looks like a white colour and white shoulder stripes.

Seems to be a bit of light blue striping down the goalie shirt too that you can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Dublinproud

Hope we get light blue socks this time round! I never liked the navy ones.

Thanks lads but I aven't found the new jersey there, must be me eyyyyyesiiight aye?

Pause it at the 12 second mark (just before Dermo says "that's class") and you can see the top of the collar and a bit of the back. The blue is deffo closer to Vincents blue, than the paler blue of the retro jerseys. Sadly. :(

If he is doing this, I wonder if he'll be the one doing the press stuff for the launch on Friday. It would be nice to hear from him, for a change.

Pause it at the 12 second mark (just before Dermo says "that's class") and you can see the top of the collar and a bit of the back. The blue is deffo closer to Vincents blue, than the paler blue of the retro jerseys. Sadly. :(

If he is doing this, I wonder if he'll be the one doing the press stuff for the launch on Friday. It would be nice to hear from him, for a change.

Now yer really confuddling me. Vincent's blue would only be of relevant comparison to the navy parts of the gear. The navy has always been navy, I don't ever recall it being paler or less pale, that term could only be used in reference to the 'blue' (skyblue) parts of the gear.

So as you mention 'the paler blue of the retro jerseys' then I take it you are indeed referring to the sky blue. Therefore anything on the new jersey that might bear resemblence to the Vincent's blue (royal blue?) must surely be the navy, not the sky blue bit? Or are you seriously saying the sky blue has been changed to something closer to the Vincent's royal blue (same blue as Monaghan, Laois etc)?

If the navy bits (usually around the collar etc) have been changed to a more royal blue I'll be disappointed but reserve judgement til I see it. The goaly's jersey has at times over the years been royal blue or something like halfway between that and navy, and I've always liked those strips.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Now yer really confuddling me. Vincent's blue would only be of relevant comparison to the navy parts of the gear. The navy has always been navy, I don't ever recall it being paler or less pale, that term could only be used in reference to the 'blue' (skyblue) parts of the gear.

So as you mention 'the paler blue of the retro jerseys' then I take it you are indeed referring to the sky blue. Therefore anything on the new jersey that might bear resemblence to the Vincent's blue (royal blue?) must surely be the navy, not the sky blue bit? Or are you seriously saying the sky blue has been changed to something closer to the Vincent's royal blue (same blue as Monaghan, Laois etc)?

If the navy bits (usually around the collar etc) have been changed to a more royal blue I'll be disappointed but reserve judgement til I see it. The goaly's jersey has at times over the years been royal blue or something like halfway between that and navy, and I've always liked those strips.

Every time you use the word "royal" in relation to a dublin jersey I grimace :mad:

• Advertisement

Actually looking at those tweety videos it looks like a two tone jersey.. light blue and azure unless they were f**king with the colour when they obscured the jersey

Bambi wrote: »
    Every time you use the word "royal" in relation to a dublin jersey I grimace :mad:

In the minds of some people from Marino, the words "royal" and "Vincents" mean the exact same thing. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Keep the jersey plain. The 2011 and 2015 All-Ireland jerseys looked sharp, classy.

Some of the other ones in the last 15 years look like Penneys' knock-offs. Judging by the sneak peaks, the jersey is going to have lines running through it... boo urns

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

Some of the other ones in the last 15 years look like Penneys' knock-offs.

Have to appeal to your target market sure.

*mic drop*

:P

In the minds of some people from Marino, the words "royal" and "Vincents" mean the exact same thing. :rolleyes:

So no response to my request for clarification then??

If the blue train leaves Mullinavat at 10am and travels at 35mph as far as Mullinahone..........and the red train leaves Urlingford at 11am and gets as far as Watherfuud...does an angel get its wings in a rain forest in Peru at noon? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭DuffleBag

Don't like it. The shade of blue is fine, the complete lack of navy isn't. Too Man City for my taste. Sorry. :(

Hard to go wrong with a plain blue jersey but they still manage it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Don't like it. The shade of blue is fine, the complete lack of navy isn't. Too Man City for my taste. Sorry. :(

And Navy shorts as well that don't match.

13151040_889069101203094_1038592890_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTI0ODM3NTY2Mjc0NTkyMzA1Ng%3D%3D.2

• Advertisement

Makes em look like some bogger outfit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

The fact that aig is in big letters on the back and Ath Cliath is in small letters down by the arsè is annoying me.

Another jersey I won't be getting

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Don't like it. At all.

I'll stick to my 2008 one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Thats a shocking jersey. I seen a picture of Denis Bastick in a new jersey online and got excited as it looked the part. Back to navy sleeves kind of like the mid 90,s. I would have got it, my first in many years.

I will be staying with the supporter tops now. Ah well who cares, once we keep going on the pitch is all that matters really.

GAAman wrote: »
    The fact that aig is in big letters on the back and Ath Cliath is in small letters down by the arsè is annoying me.

Another jersey I won't be getting

Yeah, only noticing that now. That's shocking. There is no Ath Cliath on the collar either. The old one had that. I liked that on the telly, when they showed a close up of a player (taking a free or whatever) or he was filmed from the waist up, you could clearly see Ath Cliath on the collar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

I like the jersey except for the collar - it's too white. If the collar had been navy or a darker shade of blue I think it would look much better. They could also have done that with the insides of the sleeves.

I don't mind the white, the navy in the shorts is enough. I always felt there was too much navy in the 90s/last decade in some of the jerseys. Otherwise I agree with some of the criticisms. I do think it's a sleek jersey though, less cheapy-looking than they used to be. In any case I've only ever bought supporters tops and there's plenty of variety in those

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

Only positive about it is the shade of blue.

I think it;s a cracker. Though the fact that we didn't go with with white shorts is a shame.

• Advertisement

If the blue train leaves Mullinavat at 10am and travels at 35mph as far as Mullinahone..........and the red train leaves Urlingford at 11am and gets as far as Watherfuud...does an angel get its wings in a rain forest in Peru at noon? :p

I've been thinking about that all day here in work, my head is so fried trying to work it out, I'm like a mull in a vat!

By the way, there's also a new service between Templemore and Castlecomer

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement