Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Bill.

Options
  • 28-04-2016 8:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,419 ✭✭✭✭

Do I pay my latest water bill or demand my money back.
    Why can't we do anything right .com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

You have to pay it, it's the law. Not paying your water bill would be illegal and morally repugnant and simply not cricket and offensive to wannabe respectable Fine Gael suckholes up and down the land.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,770 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Given the news reports that IW is to be suspended and probably scrapped down the line, and questions about refunds - whether they'll be issued at all, and if so when? - regardless of whether you agree with the notion of paying for it separately or not, you'd be mad to give them any (more) money at this stage.

Anyone with direct debits should probably cancel them too until this mess is sorted out IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

Paying, or not paying is entirely down to individual choice imo. (I chose to ignore Irish water for entirely personal, and individual reasons) however, this whole debacle is the most shining example of ineptitude from a govt ever.

Er.... Those that paid won't be refunded, those that didn't pay will be chased for the money they didn't pay.

Yet in the legislation they legislated, the only means open for chasing non payers was when the bill surpassed €500.

Yet they capped charges at €260 max, then suspended them.

Fcukin faucets circus.

Paying, or not paying is entirely down to individual choice imo. (I chose to ignore Irish water for entirely personal, and individual reasons) however, this whole debacle is the most shining example of ineptitude from a govt ever.

Er.... Those that paid won't be refunded, those that didn't pay will be chased for the money they didn't pay.

Yet in the legislation they legislated, the only means open for chasing non payers was when the bill surpassed €500.

Yet they capped charges at €260 max, then suspended them.

Fcukin faucets circus.

Even if the chasing vs. capping situation were not thus, they haven't a hope in Hell of cajoling money out of people who don't want to pay at this stage. Not a whelk's chance in a supoernova. Not happening, chief! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Oh "I love power" Seems to lost the plot today. Threats, Environmental Treason.

• Advertisement

Oh "I love power" Seems to lost the plot today. Threats, Environmental Treason.

There are fewer narkier animals than a Labour minister for the environment that's had his snout suddenly yanked out of the trough.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jeamimus

Don't pay now. FF have created an unholy mess that will take years to sort out, if ever. Meanwhile the long suffering taxpayer, not the actual user, will have to pay for this cock up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

What you do is apply for your water conservation grant, get €100 and then never pay your bill :)

jeamimus wrote: »
    Don't pay now. FF have created an unholy mess that will take years to sort out, if ever. Meanwhile the long suffering taxpayer, not the actual user, will have to pay for this cock up.

Who does not pay tax ?

smash wrote: »
    What you do is apply for your water conservation grant, get €100 and then never pay your bill :)

That would involve communicating with Billigi Waterahooraha na hEireann and therefore acknowledging that they exist. :D

• Advertisement

jimgoose wrote: »
    That would involve communicating with Billigi Waterahooraha na hEireann and therefore acknowledging that they exist. :D
    But under legislation they can't take you to court because the debt is under €500. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,354 ✭✭✭Redbishop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

Fergus O'Dowd disagrees with this.
    A FORMER minister who helped establish Irish Water has criticised the company’s approach to introducing water charges, describing it as “an unmitigated disaster”.

Ex-junior environment minister Fergus O’Dowd, who developed the legislation which set up the utility, said it had “abjectly failed” in selling its message to consumers.

That'd be Fergus of Fine Gael by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jeamimus

Who does not pay tax ?

Water tax protestors.

But under legislation they can't take you to court because the debt is under €500. :D

Didn't they pencil themselves power to garnishee wages/SW at source, or something like that, regardless of the amount? Or did I misapprehend?

Water tax protestors.

Oh, When was Revenue collecting Water charges ?

Water tax protestors.

Yes, in fact I do. A horrific amount. :D

Didn't they pencil themselves power to garnishee wages/SW at source, or something like that, regardless of the amount? Or did I misapprehend?

legislation is for €500 and up.

legislation is for €500 and up.

Oh. Well, they can definitely go and sing for it! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

Water tax protestors.

After the recent Panama Papers leak you probably find its rich and powerful people who don't pay tax.

stoneill wrote: »
    After the recent Panama Papers leak you probably find its rich and powerful people who don't pay tax.

No, I do. I told you! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Who does not pay tax ?
    The middle class will now subsidize people who waste water through reduced after tax income. The only way for you to pay less for water and sewage treatment is to earn less, the cost bears no relation to your usage. How anyone can claim that situation is rational or "fair" is beyond me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

kneemos wrote:
    Do I pay my latest water bill or demand my money back. Why can't we do anything right .com

Instead of thinking of it as a lost water charge, think of it as a fine for being the type of person who puts ".com" at the end of sentences.

The middle class will now subsidize people who waste water through reduced after tax income. The only way for you to pay less for water and sewage treatment is to earn less, the cost bears no relation to your usage. How anyone can claim that situation is rational or "fair" is beyond me.

So, That's a no to not paying tax. You a link to these wasting water ? we use half of what they thought. Almost like people are making stuff up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

think I'd rather pay water bill than see that gobsh1te Edna as teeshock a day longer. probably cost less in the long run.

Nope. They can't do shit.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,770 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

kenmc wrote: »
    think I'd rather pay water bill than see that gobsh1te Edna as teeshock a day longer. probably cost less in the long run.

Don't worry... Enda is only going to be Taoiseach as long as it suits Martin and FF, and he'll be pushed out soon enough by another leadership challenge from Leo/Coveney etc

That's even better IMO - so incompetent and arrogant that he managed to make FF electable again.

Nope. They can't do shit.

They can when your bill gets to €500 and then apply to the courts for an attachment. But not before €500.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Absolute joke.

I now have to listen to my lefty numpty mate about how wrong I was to pay and it serves me right.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement