Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 2 - The Assessment Centre

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

MrBlack93 wrote: »
    Sorry for all the questions today but this is my first time applying. Has the passing score of 55% ever been this low before ? And if so how low was called forward?

Last two campaigns were 60%. I still think this AC was the hardest yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Momc82

I'm pleased with my pass, but feel genuinely gutted for those who didn't.
    My heart sinks for you.

Keep her lit guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭JD2020

First time for me and high 70s. Still in shock!! Honestly thought I had messed the whole thing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Johannes_Cabal

JD2020 wrote: »
    First time for me and high 70s. Still in shock!! Honestly thought I had messed the whole thing up.

Nice one, seems to be alot of high scorers on the boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭swl33t

Id imagine we'll be waiting another few months now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭ItWasntMe88

Momc82 wrote: »
    I'm pleased with my pass, but feel genuinely gutted for those who didn't.
    My heart sinks for you.

Keep her lit guys!

Thank you! I'll pass it next time..I don't quit!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Delilahbeau

swl33t wrote:
    Id imagine we'll be waiting another few months now?

Aye, you usually get a two -three month warning for your PCA. September before top of the class go to GV

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Tricop

Phew...above mid 60's...what a wait!

Sorry to hear about those who didnt...keep at it!!

Itwasntme88

I am so bummed you didn't get it.

To everyone that passed. Congrats. Go get drunk.
    To those that didn't, commiserations. Go get drunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭iamveryhopeful

Thank you! I'll pass it next time..I don't quit!

yes. yes you most certainly will.

Gutted for you bud. But please get straight back in there and re-apply (once its next open)

And stop "napping" mid day on that sofa with your boss....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Was a bit surprised at the lowered pass rate. If you've got a sub 60 score I wouldn't panic. I reckon theyve had to adjust it to get a certain number of candidates to go through to PSNI stages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭D4z

Passed with a mark in the low 80's - very pleased!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 ccfckyle

Got low 60s so I can't say I'm to displeased. Does anyone know how the process continues from here in terms of do the higher graded candidates go first at the PCA?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭SamC321

Anyone a FOI in to see how many of us are left?

SamC321 wrote: »

Love this!

I think it takes about 20 days to be answered but no one will have been able to ask until after today.

I might get a family member to submit one tonight, just so I remain anonymous lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Psni26

I got very low 60 1405 campaign still haven't heard anything year and a half on! I think 1405 is finishing up soon too! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭TheCub

Already in..lol

Psni26 wrote: »
    I got very low 60 1405 campaign still haven't heard anything year and a half on! I think 1405 is finishing up soon too! :(

Ah, that's not the news I wanted to hear.

Did you get a Dear John or are you waiting on a PCA or whats the craic? If you haven't heard a thing, I find that very strange.

• Advertisement

ccfckyle wrote: »
    Ah, that's not the news I wanted to hear.

Bear in mind that the pass was 60 in C2 but is lower this time so you still have a good chance.

Bear in mind that the pass was 60 in C2 but is lower this time so you still have a good chance.

Comforting words, thanks. Just have to hope for the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭SamC321

TheCub wrote: »
    Already in..lol
    Excellent!
    I'll thank you on behalf of the rest of us lol

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭iamveryhopeful

I cant have scored much better and I am through all stages. this is very strange indeed.

have you tried contacting psni recruitment?

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭swl33t

The emotions behind this really are madness aren't they? Like I said earlier I should be delighted with a pass, but when you've got an A*, two A's and 2 B's to score an E on one of the role plays and not even the last one which was clearly the hardes really is wrecking my mind.

I've replayed the role play over in my head a million times in work already.

I did this in campaign 1, very strange!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭ZeGerman

I cant have scored much better and I am through all stages. this is very strange indeed.

have you tried contacting psni recruitment?

I'm in the same boat from 1405, probably sending out the dear John's at the end of the month I would imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Drummer64

swl33t wrote: »
    I did this in campaign 1, very strange!

I'm same boat the one I thought I did well in I did aweful and everything else was A's basically, now worried I won't get in cause just scraped a B. :(

Did everyone hear back? Is it over yet? Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Columbo1234

Aghhh what a day. Scored 52.5% but had felt it went quite bad on the day so not to diassappinted as prepared myself. Was my first AC and was definitely a good learning experience. Congrats to all who passed and good luck with the rest of the process. Looking forward to future campaigns I was wondering if everyone who has past the 1509 IST has to do another IST for the next campaign? or do they go straight to the new campaigns AC? I know this may sound stupid but my friend told me this was true but I highly doubt it. Thanks for any help. Keep er lit 👍

Drummer64 wrote: »
    I'm same boat the one I thought I did well in I did aweful and everything else was A's basically, now worried I won't get in cause just scraped a B. :(

Did everyone hear back? Is it over yet? Lol

I'm a low B aswell, I don't think we have anything to worry about, there is obviously a reason they knocked the pass mark down, either not enough scored over 60 or they anticipate having the funds for more intakes but who knows.

I'm remaining optimistic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Chez123

Does anyone know what happens next then? Will the Psni email us or send a letter?

Advertisement