Advertisement
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 2 - The Assessment Centre

  • #1
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 8,155 mod Shield


    The Assessment Centre comprises of 3 role plays, 1 situational interview and 1 written exercise. You are NOT permitted to post details of ANY of the above, but you ARE permitted to let others know how you got on, how you found it, and so on.


«134567198

Comments



  • Good luck to everyone with ac centres this week. I'm not what you would say looking forward to it but hey second time round should be better hopefully :)




  • MAKEPEACE wrote: »
    Good luck to everyone with ac centres this week. I'm not what you would say looking forward to it but hey second time round should be better hopefully :)

    Hey,

    Im sure you have probably posted the answer to this questions before but here goes,

    Did you fail the AC or just not score high enough merit wise? PM the answer if you want to keep it shushty.

    Thanks

    PS sooooooooooooooo scared iv failed the AC




  • MAKEPEACE wrote: »
    Good luck to everyone with ac centres this week. I'm not what you would say looking forward to it but hey second time round should be better hopefully :)

    I'm up on Monday. Third attempt for me. I'm starting to get a little nervous about it now. Actually, I'm bricking it! :eek::eek::eek:

    Recruitment (in my mind) all boils down to the A/C. I'm fairly confident about passing vetting and medicals. I know that I can still trip up here, but for me, the A/C's really the make or break stage of the whole process.

    Best of luck to everyone else putting themselves through the mill this week. Hopefully we'll all see each other on the other side (meaning Hotel Garnerville, not the afterlife).




  • I'm still not so sure if I like the forum being split. I'm gonna miss the C13ers. It's like being at school and having some of your friends moved to a different class. :(




  • yeah same, i liked the big post. but i guess this will get ok, eventually.


  • Advertisement


  • carlty888 wrote: »
    I'm still not so sure if I like the forum being split. I'm gonna miss the C13ers. It's like being at school and having some of your friends moved to a different class. :(

    Your so right! maybe they'll come visit...




  • did mine on friday there.

    Wasn't as nervous as I was for the IST.
    Think it's easier to be prepared for the A/C.

    It's pretty hard to guess how I've done, I think the only way I can describe my performance on the days is, I didn't let myself down (i think).

    I found it relaxing to look at the activity out the window while doing my situational interview ;)




  • Hey,

    Im sure you have probably posted the answer to this questions before but here goes,

    Did you fail the AC or just not score high enough merit wise? PM the answer if you want to keep it shushty.

    Thanks

    PS sooooooooooooooo scared iv failed the AC

    I passed ac for 13 I've reapplied have to do it all again.




  • I have my a/c near end of July.
    What are the so called buzz words that i've heard of.
    I think they were in the other long thread but it takes so long trawling through this.
    cheers




  • they are on your green sheet that was sent out with your IST results.

    Resillience
    Diversity
    Problem solving
    Personal responsibility
    customer/community focus
    team working
    cant remember the 7th one

    i know these with thanks to pyg:):)


  • Advertisement


  • No not them.
    They are the attributes (think thats how you spell it) they are looking for and what they mark you on.
    I thought there where some other like 'buzz' words that are a good thing to include in your answers.




  • neoruss wrote: »
    No not them.
    They are the attributes (think thats how you spell it) they are looking for and what they mark you on.
    I thought there where some other like 'buzz' words that are a good thing to include in your answers.

    Seriously, are you asking for people to tell you what words to use in the situational interview? How will you know when to use these "buzz" words if they exist? Why not be yourself and word your answers naturally and as they come to you?




  • a/c in 10 hours time, more nervous than i was for my first a/c:eek:gd luck to lady v, carlty888 and anyone else doing theres tomoro, hope everyones all fired up and ready:)




  • Hey given lady v carlty etc etc...........Best of luck for tomorrow, I'm sure ya will knock em dead!
    Rem' keep your cool and remember what competencies they are looking for in certain roleplays. I found it better if you can demonstrate all the competencies in all the role plays if possible!

    Good night folks x




  • Hey given lady v carlty etc etc...........Best of luck for tomorrow, I'm sure ya will knock em dead!
    Rem' keep your cool and remember what competencies they are looking for in certain roleplays. I found it better if you can demonstrate all the competencies in all the role plays if possible!

    Good night folks x

    cheers alanbelfast, much appreciated!!




  • Good luck to all you AC'ers tomorrow, given, carlty, lady vi etc, i'm sure you'll do well!!:D Mine's still another while away, such a looooong drawn out process this is!




  • Hi folks, this forum split is like being separated from your friends at school because you were having too much fun together :p Me no like!

    Good luck to those attending AC's this week. I'll be dipping in-and-out of the other forums too. Looks like my work/skive ratio is going to get worse (or better :D)

    Speak soon.




  • hey, just found this thread whilst stumbling through the net for advice on the A/C, i kno its not premited to go in to specifics but anyone know much about the written test, will it jus b situational questions? no details obviously! is it true that the pass mark for the testing was lowered due to poor results?!? been reading through sum statistics on other threads, 8000 aplicants for 240 jobs, crazy! also PSNI, how does age effect my chances, at only 19 i appeared 2 easily b the youngest at my stage one test! ne help would be very much appreciated!! Dean

    p.s any qucik replies wud b gr8 as my a/c is in 2 days!




  • deanomcf wrote: »
    hey, just found this thread whilst stumbling through the net for advice on the A/C, i kno its not premited to go in to specifics but anyone know much about the written test, will it jus b situational questions? no details obviously! is it true that the pass mark for the testing was lowered due to poor results?!? been reading through sum statistics on other threads, 8000 aplicants for 240 jobs, crazy! also PSNI, how does age effect my chances, at only 19 i appeared 2 easily b the youngest at my stage one test! ne help would be very much appreciated!! Dean

    p.s any qucik replies wud b gr8 as my a/c is in 2 days!

    aye involves situational questions, as far as i know they did lower the age due to poor results from 52 til 50! theyre recruiting 440 altogether i think, 220 roman catholic and 220 non roman catholic! age isnt a barrier im only 19 and have a medical for c 13 coming up in a week!




  • sweet well good luck 2 ya, if u reach the last stage will ur age not decrease ur chances of bein in the top 440?


  • Advertisement


  • deanomcf wrote: »
    hey, just found this thread whilst stumbling through the net for advice on the A/C, i kno its not premited to go in to specifics but anyone know much about the written test, will it jus b situational questions? no details obviously! is it true that the pass mark for the testing was lowered due to poor results?!? been reading through sum statistics on other threads, 8000 aplicants for 240 jobs, crazy! also PSNI, how does age effect my chances, at only 19 i appeared 2 easily b the youngest at my stage one test! ne help would be very much appreciated!! Dean

    p.s any qucik replies wud b gr8 as my a/c is in 2 days!

    Here's a quick reply: READ THE FORUM CHARTER.

    Use txtspk one more time, and I will delete your posts, and ban you from the forum.

    You have been warned.




  • sorry force of habit!




  • Haha. PSNI, you're fairly cracking the whip on the old testspeak!

    I had my A/C yesterday. Aaaaarrrggghhhh!!!! :eek: I'm glad it's over.

    Can't go into the specifics (for obvious reasons), but I think (hope :o) I covered all the bases.

    Only gotta wait 6 weeks for the results now. Consensia stated that the PSNI had requested that they take the full 6 weeks to send them out. Ah well, patience is a virtue. Or so they say.




  • I am In - Yipppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

    Good luck to everyone with the ac results. Over the moon and yes I am considering running out inthe streets saying I'm in I'm in hehe.




  • I am In - Yipppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

    Good luck to everyone with the ac results. Over the moon and yes I am considering running out inthe streets saying I'm in I'm in hehe.

    Well done my friend!!!!!, 4 weeks and 6days till the old AC results for me!!!!! Pray for me please!!!!!!

    PS, get out in the street and shout it loud!!!!!!!




  • carlty888 wrote: »
    Haha. PSNI, you're fairly cracking the whip on the old testspeak!

    I had my A/C yesterday. Aaaaarrrggghhhh!!!! :eek: I'm glad it's over.

    Can't go into the specifics (for obvious reasons), but I think (hope :o) I covered all the bases.

    Only gotta wait 6 weeks for the results now. Consensia stated that the PSNI had requested that they take the full 6 weeks to send them out. Ah well, patience is a virtue. Or so they say.

    Yeah 6 weeks!!! BUMMER!!!! They didnt state if it was working weeks so i assume its just 6 bog standard weeks!!!! 6 weeks from my ac takes me to my 19th birthday!!!:cool:




  • Yeah 6 weeks!!! BUMMER!!!! They didnt state if it was working weeks so i assume its just 6 bog standard weeks!!!! 6 weeks from my ac takes me to my 19th birthday!!!:cool:

    They said 42 days, so that's your "6 bog standard weeks"! :D




  • carlty888 wrote: »
    They said 42 days, so that's your "6 bog standard weeks"! :D

    Considering they did take the full whack for IST results, I am assuming they will take the full time for AC results. Nightmare, considering my AC isnt til August, it will be Sept before I hear :(

    Its probably to give them some breathing space, and to hell with all us watching for the postman!!

    When you get a letter after your AC is it your score?




  • When you get a letter after your AC is it your score?

    Afraid not. It just tells you if you've passed :D or failed :(. You will have to wait until October when your A/C scores will be posted out with a breakdown of how you performed in the A/C.


  • Advertisement


  • I've been wondering about that myself, what happens if you cant bring it to a solution in 5 minutes.

    With the role plays it is how you meet the competencies being assessed. Try and reach an agreement in the 5 mins but if you don't, don't stress too much. As long as you've stuck to what you set out to do, taking into account the 'customers' needs you'll be ok. Remember, each competency is assessed more than once, so it's not all or nothing on just one role play.

    Hope this makes sense :)


Advertisement