Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 2 - The Assessment Centre

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Timetravel

Passed by a small bit. Happy after so many attempts but wondering now have I scored enough

• Registered Users Posts: 44 SneakyBeaky

Good pass, looking forward to meeting you guys at the PCA! Let's get training!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Drummer64

Passed! Not a very high pass though just about in. Hope that's good enough. Sorry to everyone that didn't make it in

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭RedmondHR

Another pass, surprising enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭swl33t

What range did everyone fall into?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

now that you know the score and have sat through the experience definitely re-apply the next recruitment campaign. you'll be in such a better position second time around.

Sorry for you bud :(

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Chez123

Got a pass! Good luck to anyone still waiting!!

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭iamveryhopeful

I passed it and no more.

Good times

just as well. you'll need a second way into G.V after I put you off during induction weekend with my smell.... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭ZeGerman

Just scraped through again. Bit better than last year but not much.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Johannes_Cabal

Homer01 wrote: »
    Not as well as I'd hoped but I'll take it. Thought the AC was harder than last year though.

I know there's little to say to console those who didn't get through but just keep trying.
    I've been there; last time I missed it by less than 1% but finally somehow I got it.

Now the real wait begins!

Yeah I was the same, I didn't do the AC in C2 but I did C1 and this tine around I found it much tougher.

• Advertisement

swl33t wrote: »
    What range did everyone fall into?

Low 60's, it's just aswell they moved the pass mark, as taking that into account I actually did better in comparison with C1.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭RedmondHR

Do they use everyone who passes the AC? Or just a certain number?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭yet another lurker

Sorry to anyone that has not passed.

I got my pass.

Low 70s.

Anyone have a clue how high up the list you would be with that?

Know anyone who had similar in previous campaign and how long it took?

RedmondHR wrote: »
    Do they use everyone who passes the AC? Or just a certain number?

Depends on finances, they do need a pool of qualified candidates so they usually progress in merit order and work their way through the list until the money runs out.

Sorry to anyone that has not passed.

I got my pass.

Low 70s.

Anyone have a clue how high up the list you would be with that?

Know anyone who had similar in previous campaign and how long it took?

Quite high I would imagine, considering what the pass mark was in relation to previous campaigns.

Quite high I would imagine, considering what the pass mark was in relation to previous campaigns.

Ah
    You mean the pass mark has been lowered because results are lower?
    OK thanks very much. I'll sit tight.

Ah
    You mean the pass mark has been lowered because results are lower?
    OK thanks very much. I'll sit tight.

Must be, I don't know exactly how Deloitte work out the pass mark but it is something related to how all candidates score then they work out the pass threshold.

I wouldn't be surprised if you were to be in the first squad (providing the next stages go smoothly).

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Redboy12345

Absolutely over the moon. 85% cannot believe it! Hard luck to all that did not pass this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭PCbobby

Well done to the passes. Be prepared for a little longer wandering around a pondering what the recruitment team are thinking... Just keep focused.

For those who didn't pass DO NOT give up. If you really want the job then learn as much as you can from the experience and come back next time better. It's the determined indefatigable people that are most successful in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

High 60s yeooo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Bunsen1burner

Passed!!! Middle 60s! Still pinching myself!!!

Absolutely over the moon. 85% cannot believe it! Hard luck to all that did not pass this time.

That's a fantastic score, congrats, I'm not jealous in the slightest ;-)

Wow, just wow.

That makes me feel less pleased about my low 70s haha.

Well done mate and to the rest that passed. For those that didn't just learn from the feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭shanevendrell

Delighted to have passed, but an E in one of the scenarios has taken me from looking at a score possibly towards the 80s to middle of the table so mixed emotions.

Delighted to have passed, but an E in one of the scenarios has taken me from looking at a score possibly towards the 80s to middle of the table so mixed emotions.

You'd be surprised how low down the merit list they can go. In C1 it went to the low 60's, I don't know about C2 but I'm sure one of the guys who recently got the call could tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

passed by the skin of my teeth but realistically what's the chances of a sub 60% score proceeding to medical and PCA?

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭swl33t

High 60's for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭iamveryhopeful

You'd be surprised how low down the merit list they can go. In C1 it went to the low 60's, I don't know about C2 but I'm sure one of the guys who recently got the call could tell you.

can confirm low to mid 60's in c2

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Delilahbeau

I was 65.5% from C2 and got the call last week.

If I can do it, then there's hope for everyone!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

Sorry for all the questions today but this is my first time applying. Has the passing score of 55% ever been this low before ? And if so how low was called forward?

Advertisement