Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show - 9th. April 2016

Options
  • 09-04-2016 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72,286 ✭✭✭✭

tumblr_n4jezre2YO1rwkjivo1_400.gif

tumblr_m3z5bmrMkq1r8k7yto1_250.gif

Former Embarrassing Bodies' and You Should Really See a Doctor host Dr Pixie McKenna is one of the guests on tonight's Ray D'Arcy Show. As well as recalling her days on those shows, she'll be telling Ray what young Irish people really think about sex and sexual health, ahead of her no holds barred new RTÉ show Pixie's Sex Clinic especially in a week when it was revealed that new cases of HIV were up by a third last year along with other sexually transmitted infections.

By way of a complete contrast (we sincerely hope!) Father Brian D'Arcy will be dropping in to look back on his 47 years as a priest, and the showbizzy cleric will also share his memories of the late Terry Wogan and Frank Kelly.

Republic of Telly star and stand-up comedian Joanne McNally will be updating Ray and viewers with news of her search for her birth parents, as well as reflecting on her career in comedy.

New York hotelier John Fitzpatrick will provide his unique view of the upcoming American presidential election, his friendship with the Clintons, and being a member of one of Ireland's best-known hotel dynasties.

Music will be provided by up and coming Irish band State Lights.

The Ray D'Arcy Show, Saturday, RTÉ One, 10.05pm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

"So Pixie, it's only 148 days since you were on the Late Late Show plugging another of your RTE programmes.

Are you Des Bishop in disguise?"

Edit: and Father Brian Darcy was on the LLS 169 days ago. Is he Ray's Dad?

• Registered Users Posts: 72,286 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Skid X wrote: »
    "So Pixie, it's only 148 days since you were on the Late Late Show plugging another of your RTE programmes.

Are you Des Bishop in disguise?"

Maybe it would be more interesting if Pixie was to be interviewed dressed as an actual pixie - sitting on a toadstool, wearing a pointy hat with a bell on the end.

Something for RTE to think about :)

Maybe it would be more interesting if Pixie was to be interviewed dressed as an actual pixie - sitting on a toadstool, wearing a pointy hat with a bell on the end.

Something for RTE to think about :)

I like it, perhaps they could drag Pixie Lott in and they could sing Debaser.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

Ray should bring that famous actor Kevin Hinds on the show. Or Tim Cruise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Brian D'Arcy was on the LLS a few weeks ago, talking about Terry Wogan. Or was that some other programme? Or Liveline?

Anyway he's one of the ubiquitous people who do the RTE merry go round.... D'Arcy, LLS, Marian Finucane, Miriam O'Callaghan, Liveline etc. etc.

Two more people dragged out of the canteen, Joanne what's her name and Pixie McKenna, so technically that's three RTE bodies on chatting to Ray tonight.

Christ, but someone, somewhere in RTE must realise that we need one chat show at the weekend, not two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,820 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Red Kev wrote: »
    Christ, but someone, somewhere in RTE must realise that we need one chat show at the weekend, not two.

This all the way, the country is so small there's not enough home grown tallent to support 2 shows and most of the big overseas stars are only over for movie promotions so can only do a midweek pre recorded show. Even Norton and Ross combined are only on air for less than 2 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭sudzs

I just hope Pixie puts Ray right about his incorrect ignorant and pompous rant this week on the radio saying that sugar causes diabetes.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

There's no way a doctor should be called Pixie.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,598 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

The whole show will be worthwhile if he once - just once - calls her Pixiehead.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

monkey9 wrote: »

HEY don't be so nameist :mad:

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

"So Pixie, it's only 148 days since you were on the Late Late Show
    Edit: and Father Brian Darcy was on the LLS 169 days ago.

And poor ould Sinead O' Connor? It's been seven long hours and fifteen days :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Pixie Mckenna....................................again. With the same stuff she spouts everytime shes on every RTE chat show

That Billo tribute looks decent.

Must tape it. Or watch it loive.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

"A kaleidescope of guests"

Yeah right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭McGrath5

More guests from the LLS conveyor belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭McGrath5

I love a good mass.

That Billo tribute looks decent.

Must tape it. Or watch it loive.

Can't wait for it. It was so sad when he retired and heartbreaking when he died. When we beat Bosnia to qualify for this summer's Euros, my timeline was full of 'Bill would love this' type sentiments. A true legend, never forgotten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

monkey9 wrote: »

I know a doctor called Honey. Her parents were hippies. She doesn't practice in Ireland, fyi.

Edit : Evening all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Is it a disease, is it a beetle, is it a fungus......
    No, it's Ray Darcy.

The Ray Darcy Radio Show

4.05 mins in

"There is a disease or a sort of beetle, not a disease a beetle, emerald borer beetle, it's a fungus that is affecting ash"

Pure genius...........whaaaaaat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

• Registered Users Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭sudzs

Ah yeah, the church changing the rules again to try and hang on to the donating flock. :rolleyes:

wil wrote: »
    Is it a disease, is it a beetle, is it a fungus......
    No, it's Ray Darcy.

The Ray Darcy Radio Show

4.05 mins in

"There is a disease or a sort of beetle, not a disease a beetle, emerald borer beetle, it's a fungus that is affecting ash"

Pure genius...........whaaaaaat!

Did he then ask 'which button do I push?', before going to Nuacht?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

Almost like a sunday sermon this - FFS. Almost sorry i tuned in now.

The last time I saw Father D'Arcy, he was on the Late Late Show Country Music Special.

To this day, I have no idea why.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,739 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Fr Brian not giving Ray a chance to bash.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Did he then ask 'which button do I push?', before going to Nuacht?
    Well I nearly crashed the car spluttering so I wasn't paying attention after that.
    If I did, might have sued for grevious bodily stupidity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

He has asked him more or less the same questions we hear everytime.

Berserker wrote: »
    I know a doctor called Honey. Her parents were hippies. She doesn't practice in Ireland, fyi.

Edit : Evening all.

"This is Dr Honey and Dr Pixie, they'll be your doctors for your vasectomy procedure. First they need to carry out some tests"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

Ah Brian D'Arcy, the 'loose canon/renegade' of the Vatican empire. Contained dissent permitted by his superiors, as part of his establishment as the Pope himself.

Advertisement