Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 6 | Finale | Last Day On Earth [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

tony1980 wrote: »
    I haven't read them in awhile but i'm pretty sure I was just over issue 100 at that stage, and that was a good while back. I might be a bit off on the exact number but fairly certain it was about that. I would say they are well past that at this stage now!

surely you would remember Issue 100!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭tony1980

surely you would remember Issue 100!!!

:pac: couldn't remember exactly what issue # that was, will never forget reading that issue though, perfect for the 100 mark, was absolutely brilliant!

tony1980 wrote: »
    :pac: couldn't remember exactly what issue # that was, will never forget reading that issue though, perfect for the 100 mark, was absolutely brilliant!

which makes the last few days so sad.........!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I think it will be Glenn that gets the bat but I don't think he'll die, just beaten severely.

Wasn't angry at the ending, the walking dead is constantly pulling stupid stuff like this or people doing stupid things for no reason, so it's to be expected. It's hard to get too invested in it because it's just too unbelievable but I will carry on watching it for entertainment sake.

Actually though the ending was one of the best scenes in the show so tense but definitely a cop out. the other 50 minutes or so were just pointless I don't know why they needed the extra time, actually the Morgan Carol scenes were okay.

Overall probably a 6 , they show a death, 7. Pretty average episode for a finale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Do the comics come in arc's? I couldn't buy 150 comics. It'd be divorce court.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,010 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

There are 26 paperback volumes containing 6 comics/1 story arc each. These seem to be about €15 on eBay. Then there's 12 hardback books containing 12 comics/2 story arcs each. just found Compendiums on Amazon which seem to be 48 episodes and cost £25-30. I might even have a look at these myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

Oranage2 wrote: »

Actually though the ending was one of the best scenes in the show so tense but definitely a cop out.

I liked the ending. I liked the camera facing Negan too even though others think it was cheesy. IMO it was a good introduction to his character and that is what the episode was about. It put the viewer in front of Negan. Negan as a new character was more the focus than the death of an older predictable one. Hershals death had an impact because it was about loosing Hershal and it was the last straw for The Governor but Negans killing is just the tip of the iceberg. If it wasn't compared to the comics then I think it would have been received better.

• Site Banned Posts: 61 ✭✭Squire Ladd

L'prof wrote: »
    There are 26 paperback volumes containing 6 comics/1 story arc each. These seem to be about €15 on eBay. Then there's 12 hardback books containing 12 comics/2 story arcs each. just found Compendiums on Amazon which seem to be 48 episodes and cost £25-30. I might even have a look at these myself.

The Compendiums are great value though physically very heavy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,010 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

The Compendiums are great value though physically very heavy

Just looking on Amazon there and the volumes are only about €10. I'm seriously tempted to start collecting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Volumes are €17 (grand), but compendiums are €70 in Easons!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Just looking on Amazon there and the volumes are only about €10. I'm seriously tempted to start collecting.

Compendiums too big, and volumes too small for my liking.

I have the hardback books, they're just lovely :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Read somewhere one of the writers intimated a 'much loved' character from season 2 onwards got whacked .....whether true or not and they never give much away, from that group you could narrow it down to Maggie I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

sonofenoch wrote: »
    Read somewhere one of the writers intimated a 'much loved' character from season 2 onwards got whacked .....whether true or not and they never give much away, from that group you could narrow it down to Maggie I think

Did Michonne start in season 2 as well? I watched it all in bulk up to 4 so I get the lines between seasons confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Did Michonne start in season 2 as well? I watched it all in bulk up to 4 so I get the lines between seasons confused.

Either or ....both would make sense as would the like of Eugene/Abraham ......Ricks love interest or a pregnant Maggie (will they go through the whole new born baby thing again? it's been done) .....perhaps a zombie feotus pops out of Maggie after she gets bashed like an Alien and runs off into the woods......to be continued :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Yester

They are all online if you just want to read them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭snowgal

Oranage2 wrote: »
    I think it will be Glenn that gets the bat but I don't think he'll die, just beaten severely.

Wasn't angry at the ending, the walking dead is constantly pulling stupid stuff like this or people doing stupid things for no reason, so it's to be expected. It's hard to get too invested in it because it's just too unbelievable but I will carry on watching it for entertainment sake.

Actually though the ending was one of the best scenes in the show so tense but definitely a cop out. the other 50 minutes or so were just pointless I don't know why they needed the extra time, actually the Morgan Carol scenes were okay.

Overall probably a 6 , they show a death, 7. Pretty average episode for a finale.

Didn't one of them on ttd say that someone definitely dies from the bashing, so cant be a cop out like that. I think they've made a genius move whether intended or not, so much after talk and hype about the ending. People are giving out but MOST people WILL tune in in October. If only to see if their predictions were right. Then the whole Negan story will start properly and everyone will be gripped again....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

snowgal wrote: »
    Didn't one of them on ttd say that someone definitely dies from the bashing, so cant be a cop out like that. I think they've made a genius move whether intended or not, so much after talk and hype about the ending. People are giving out but MOST people WILL tune in in October. If only to see if their predictions were right. Then the whole Negan story will start properly and everyone will be gripped again....

Couldnt agree more, there are more than double the usual amount of posts here than in the previous episode thread and about quadruple the normal amount!

Cough# try internet cough#

sonofenoch wrote: »

Its all bulls##t at the moment. Not a chanxe a writer would disclose. Hed get his p45 quicker than he could say Tenesee tophat.

Besides it was April fools last friday. The amount of little lies was humongous! Someone put together a phone call comprising of josh mcdermott words saying HE was the victim!

Basically someone definitely died
    We wont know until AT LEAST filming commences
    The writers screwed up.

DISCLAIMER:
    In my humble opinion!!! ; )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

snowgal wrote: »

Executive Producer and Writer Robert Kirkman said on TTD that a "much beloved" character would be killed ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I loved the episode, all of it. I'll admit that the blood on the screen looked kind of cartoony - or comic booky - and the cliff hanger is a little annoying. But I think Negan was perfectly cast and Rick's downfall was excellently portrayed. I think Abraham might be the one who was killed. When Negan was standing in front of each person one by one, Abraham straightened up and looked him straight in the eye. The person who got beaten seemed to get up and square up to Negan after the first blow. The POV thing could just have been used to make us think it was one of the people from the container. Some people online seem to think it was Maggie who got Lucilled because of Reedus' comments about feeling sick after reading the script. I wonder if Morales and his family (the people who split from the group before they went to the CDC) are part of Negan's group. I just really want to know what happened to them!

The thing about the blood on the screen was that it had been done 7 days earlier! Exact same gimmick, exact same time of episode!! Exact same "wait until next episode to see what happens next"! It was a bit ridiculous in that respect. There was no need for Daryll to be shot. Everyone knew he wasnt dead anyway. No doubt, if he is not Lucilled, he will be patched up and ready to roll next episode with no long term effects on his shoulder strength/movement!

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    I loved the episode, all of it. I'll admit that the blood on the screen looked kind of cartoony - or comic booky - and the cliff hanger is a little annoying. But I think Negan was perfectly cast and Rick's downfall was excellently portrayed. I think Abraham might be the one who was killed. When Negan was standing in front of each person one by one, Abraham straightened up and looked him straight in the eye. The person who got beaten seemed to get up and square up to Negan after the first blow. The POV thing could just have been used to make us think it was one of the people from the container. Some people online seem to think it was Maggie who got Lucilled because of Reedus' comments about feeling sick after reading the script. I wonder if Morales and his family (the people who split from the group before they went to the CDC) are part of Negan's group. I just really want to know what happened to them!

Cast haven't a clue who the victim was, and most definitely did not know back in October when filming finished.

Ps, it was Lincoln who said he was physically sick and couldn't sleep after reading the script........Hes known the script for over a couple of years since the particular comic edition was released so was merely publicity waffle!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

The thing about the blood on the screen was that it had been done 7 days earlier! Exact same gimmick, exact same time of episode!! Exact same "wait until next episode to see what happens next"! It was a bit ridiculous in that respect. There was no need for Daryll to be shot. Everyone knew he wasnt dead anyway. No doubt, if he is not Lucilled, he will be patched up and ready to roll next episode with no long term effects on his shoulder strength/movement!

I wonder if something bad happened to Daryll after he got shot. He looked awful. His pallor could be due to blood loss but it seemed like something else could have happened. He looked pretty traumatised. I actually forgot that that was the second time in a row that blood on the screen shot had been used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    I actually forgot that that was the second time in a row that blood on the screen shot had been used.

And it's a really really bad effect. Like... its shockingly poor!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

I think she was briefly shown for the first time in the last episode of Season 2 when she turned up with two walkers on chains and her hood up.

nc6000 wrote: »
    I think she was briefly shown for the first time in the last episode of Season 2 when she turned up with two walkers on chains and her hood up.

literally all we see......... and it was post credits. She wouldn't of even got her name on the credits!

Michonne.jpg?w=720&cdnnode=1

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

Watched this tonight. I thought this was a great episode, even if we are left guessing who got chosen in the end. I particularly liked the game of cat and mouse between the guys in the RV and the others. Was creepy..left you knowing they were inevitably going to get caught. Now for the dreaded wait for season 7..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭snowgal

Just re-watching it again yes I do like the episode, very tense. it's funny though because when you see it again and all that thing with Morgan and Carol it's all lost now because of the ending and all the talk about that. If the episode happened without all the saviour stuff Carol and Morgan thing would've been much bigger she nearly died! But it's all been lost in the way that it did it

Advertisement