Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 6 | Finale | Last Day On Earth [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Options
  • 31-03-2016 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭

Ceu1SQIW8AESFdb.jpg

The Walking Dead - Season 6

Episode 16 - "Last Day On Earth"

Airdate - April 3rd on AMC at 9/8c | April 4th on FOX UK at 9pm
    To save one of their own, Rick's group must venture outside the walls; their experience changes their lives forever.

*This is an extended 90 minute episode including commercial breaks.

**The Walking Dead will return for Season 7 at the unconfirmed (as of yet) date October 9th 2016. Talking Dead has also been renewed for a sixth season

Promo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ6K8PK_-2k

Sneak Peek

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iBXO2bsrYo

Sneak Peek 2

How did you rate this episode? 234 votes

0%
    10%
    LFCFanHoward the DuckLone StoneCollie Dnamloc1980rovers_runnerMr Velojayhaitch2dirtydenfritzellyPaul_Mc1988Comic Book GuySaltymarvin80MillFieldAdoolan85wats the craicbigboss1986FaganJrLovely Bloke 24 votes
    14%
    duridiandellyDVD-Lotsleche solaraTerrorFirmerRob30888NUTZZStar LordscudzillaredfacedbearPotential-MonkeLuckycharms_74VéloIang87Zero-CoolpmctShane St.freewheelerrednogginjacksie66 34 votes
    17%
    SandMr ELa_GordyLizardKingdemanufacturedOmegaRedKillerShamrockBagglyJoeyJJJimmy Bottleheadrobk24dori_dormerAlso Starring LeVar BurtonAdamBgman127nok2008guaposEndaaaaghshnethbChiorino 40 votes
    13%
    ondaflyb318ispmuppetkillerheraldofrashviztopiaardinnsilvervixen84gavmcg92charlietheminxxGavRedKingBistomansydsadlanger91CYHSNfranklyonjod123Lionbackeralchemist33foozzybear61 31 votes
    11%
    DempseyPete M.jv2000ScraggsdegrassinoelDuffRiddler83MuckiethegreengoblinJofspringdkspexOranage2maximooseMankyspudspinkyponk2Alonso77pc7splendid101DylanAFCEchoes675 27 votes
    11%
    ronan675Wibbs5starpoolsmashnc6000claivawiz569Grim.skipper_GHank ScorpioNeirBotwillowthewispDiabhal BeagLionelNasheSudden ValleyreadyletsgochrisireLandoCalrissianMonifeNelly 21 28 votes
    6%
    WashoutCinatvnutztinner777DuckStabmahamageehadNinjaTruncsobriendjloveisdivineJikashiStaticAge11dr.kenneth noisewatermrkiscool2AnnaSophiaMac BMuirshin Durkin 16 votes
    11%
    coL_CreeD_[Deleted User]geeceeMickeroostorkerPaddy@CIRLBaby4crooh57xiucj2z946qDecuc500HazyscylorblindpilotGreyjoypasta-soloCartman78tony1980cmac2009Holysock 28 votes
    2%
    terryduff12ShlipperyJ. Marstonbeach_walkerPete Mossbaza Rakus 6 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

why did they have to cast such an attractive man as Negan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

why did they have to cast such an attractive man as Negan

If there is one thing the writers have really got right its the majority of the casting!

Rick, Glenn, Herschel, Negan, The Governor, Abraham, Fr. Gabriel, Maggie, Eugene, Michonne, Jesus, Dale and Dwight being the pick of the bunch.

Daryll and Merle were well cast but neither were comic characters.

Going to get a very negative backlash for leaving what is essentially one the most pivotal and iconic scenes in the comics up in the air. As Neagan would say "That **** aint cool" I get they couldn't have it graphic with eyeballs hanging out and brains streaming out of the head but don't leave on such a lame cliffhanger. And by the sounds of it thre is going to be a jumpforward next season so thats all we see. No immediate aftermath scene of the death etc.
    We should have seen either Glenn or Daryl getting beat to death, fans needed that scene to be spot on and shock worthy and even emotional. We needed the aftermath, the crying, the screaming, the blood, Neagan smiling and walking off, the despair on Rick's face.
    I'll admit Ive defended the show a bit too much lately (Hi, Mr. Nice Guy!!) but it was only with the expectancy that this episode would kick absolute ass, knowing its significance and shock value potential.,

And then having to listen to Kirkmann and Gimple verbally blow each other off on how great the episode was on TTD was proper annoying. You could gradually see as the reaction was seeping through the internet and they were getting the feedback they knew they had screwed up by leaving a cliffhanger and Gimple began to sheepishly defend it. Even Norman Reedus looked awkward at that ending. Chris Hardwick is the worst fanboy host ever! He could at least have got across how angry fans were for leaving that moment as a cliffhanger. What was the point?? I don't think it makes people want to watch the show more in October to find out who the victim was. In fact it may have the opposite effect now. Indeed it will no doubt be leaked in a few months who bit the bullet once filming commences.

Eugene, Abraham and Morgan had some great lines. The scene with Abraham and Eugene bromancing actually really worked, surprisingly! Both characters are officially my favourite as per now. I can even put up with Abraham's love poetry to Sasha . JDM was ridiculously well casted and the scene, almost word for word from the comic was spot on. The surrounding saviours was a terrifying spectacle. Bravo to that.
    Carol getting shot smiling was great but her survival was nonetheless predictable. Three gunshots and barely a biro cartridge of blood running was roll your eyes stuff.
    Loved the shot of Gabriel holding the Fort and Chandler Riggs as Carl is really after growing on me. I expect big things from him next season.

So the episode wasn't actually bad, in itself, but with time constraints and essentially only two story arcs going on (RV gang and Carol/Morgan), and with a lot of repetitive aspects to both arcs it was far from edge of your seat stuff.

The sidestory with the librarian guy who was eventually hung by the Saviours off the bridge was boring as was all the roadblocks (the first one was good and the dialogue between Rick and the other guy was well scripted). I get the concept of what they were trying to portray of these being seriously bad guys who don't negotiate but with so many adverts, and hence so little time, after the third roadblock and the many shots of the RV along the road and Rick holding Maggie it just got a little tedious.

I thought we could have got a more epic introduction to the Kingdom Knights also, that would have got people talking. Indeed a certain someone should have been introduced towards the end. If others know who I am referring to.

Aarons presence in the episode was pointless, Heaths addition to the cast has been extremely badly managed and Glenn has barely had more than a handful of scenes all season at this stage!

All in all, Gimple is going to get a lot of hate this Summer for ruining that scene and he needs to take it like a man. Perhaps RTE could do a Michaella McCollum style Remorse Publicity Stunt Interview with him!

Anyway, Well at least Enids going to be stuck in that closet until October........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

about 20 mins left - woke early but checked out spoilers on twitter as it was airing...........greatest achievement - 1 turn to turn the RV around..........!

just done - good bit of tension at the end, but total cop out on the ending

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Meh, voted 5. Felt like a total letdown of a finale for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Complete and utter garbage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

trevor the savior though.... if anyones played the game you know he's a perfect fit for that group.

don't know how to feel about that cliffhanger. I heard whispers that it would end that way but I thought they wouldn't want to risk angering and alienating fans by overstepping the mark. I almost didn't want to see who it was as I wasn't ready. but now we've months to wait.

I would've hoped they'd bring a no name character along in the RV, like Aarons boyfriend eric, just so a major character didn't have to get it. but that would likely be seen as cheating the fans too and have no impact.

I loved the whistling sequence as they were surrounded. I also loved the portrayal of the group as the most vulnerable they've ever been. we've never seen them so in over their heads. not even with the governor or gareth the cannibal. they just pale in comparison. I mean look at Maggie. she was full confidence handling herself with Gregory and the saviors, she's now weak, immobile and at risk.

the latter half of last season was too subdued and safe with the exception of noah getting torn apart. rick seemed too assured and cosy in alexandria with no real threat. the deaths of Deanna and the Anderson family were the start of that downfall from grace and safety, he ended last season in a position of power taking pete's life, negan has him by the balls now and its about time he met his match.

they've gotten kidnapped times before, but always managed to wiggle out before any real consequences. I think it was time they lost something alongside denise, they had it coming with their attacks on the saviors.

I wasn't sure where they were going to go with carol. maybe have her bleed to death and die in morgans arms? kill herself like the comics? I thought the hanging walker may have been foreshadowing for her own suicide. anyway Im glad she was kept away from the negan saga.

carl locked enid in that closet, so if saviors come and raid the gaff, she's fuocked if they hear her banging, trapped and unable to defend herself. what if no one hears her and she's stuck there for ages? nice one corallllll. I hate people obsessively picking holes in the logic all the time but I had to mention that.

someones dead and we don't know who. im not sure having us wait for months was the right way to go.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

After Glenn's miracle dumpster escape I was irritated, but that "cliffhanger" for me has the show not quite jumping the shark, but strapping on the water skis in shark infested seas. And it dragged. Pity because there was definitely a better story fighting to get out.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭NMB

"taking it like a champ" comment makes me think Abraham.
    ( However I really think that the TWD team haven't decided yet. )

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭LandoCalrissian

Havent watched the episode yet or read the comments above

But having a look at the scores on the poll above do not leave me chomping at the bit to get into the episode

I just hope you guys are wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Trevor!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭dm1979

NMB wrote: »
    "taking it like a champ" comment makes me think Abraham.
    ( However I really think that the TWD team haven't decided yet. )

completely agree, I think how the public react and public speculation will actually decide who gets to receive Lucille's sweet kiss! I could be wrong though, they might have filmed this episode from the view of the person getting killed because they are going to show it from another perspective as a big season opener when the Walking Dead comes back in October, opening the season from exactly were we have left off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

As Neagan would say "That **** aint cool" I get they couldn't have it graphic with eyeballs hanging out and brains streaming out of the head but don't leave on such a lame cliffhanger.

They've completely lost sight of what the fans want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

My favourite thing about the whole episode was Trevor from GTA V...

Lame writing. I hate the word 'lame' but it seems apt here - the third 'fake out' ending in the season. I called it to happen weeks ago (well, I actually said we would see Rick looking on in horror but that it still wouldn't be clear what was happening, so close enough!) and it is just frustrating.

It doesn't leave me chomping at the bit to see the first episode of the next season, it has just negated what should have been a powerful, devastating moment - whoever the victim was!

The scene in the woods with the whistling was clever, but knowing how this show has gone in recent episodes, they'll go with Eugene, Aaron or Rosita. Maybe Abe or Sasha. I don't necessarily want or need a major character to die (I know some of the comic fans are annoyed with the lack of this) but I would appreciate the creators of the show showing the fanbase some basic respect when it comes to storytelling!

A bad end to a season that started very well as far as I'm concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Going to get a very negative backlash for leaving what is essentially one the most pivotal and iconic scenes in the comics up in the air. As Neagan would say "That **** aint cool" I get they couldn't have it graphic with eyeballs hanging out and brains streaming out of the head but don't leave on such a lame cliffhanger. And by the sounds of it thre is going to be a jumpforward next season so thats all we see. No immediate aftermath scene of the death etc.
    We should have seen either Glenn or Daryl getting beat to death, fans needed that scene to be spot on and shock worthy and even emotional. We needed the aftermath, the crying, the screaming, the blood, Neagan smiling and walking off, the despair on Rick's face.
    I'll admit Ive defended the show a bit too much lately (Hi, Mr. Nice Guy!!) but it was only with the expectancy that this episode would kick absolute ass, knowing its significance and shock value potential.,

And then having to listen to Kirkmann and Gimple verbally blow each other off on how great the episode was on TTD was proper annoying. You could gradually see as the reaction was seeping through the internet and they were getting the feedback they knew they had screwed up by leaving a cliffhanger and Gimple began to sheepishly defend it. Even Norman Reedus looked awkward at that ending. Chris Hardwick is the worst fanboy host ever! He could at least have got across how angry fans were for leaving that moment as a cliffhanger. What was the point?? I don't think it makes people want to watch the show more in October to find out who the victim was. In fact it may have the opposite effect now. Indeed it will no doubt be leaked in a few months who bit the bullet once filming commences.

Eugene, Abraham and Morgan had some great lines. The scene with Abraham and Eugene bromancing actually really worked, surprisingly! Both characters are officially my favourite as per now. I can even put up with Abraham's love poetry to Sasha . JDM was ridiculously well casted and the scene, almost word for word from the comic was spot on. The surrounding saviours was a terrifying spectacle. Bravo to that.
    Carol getting shot smiling was great but her survival was nonetheless predictable. Three gunshots and barely a biro cartridge of blood running was roll your eyes stuff.
    Loved the shot of Gabriel holding the Fort and Chandler Riggs as Carl is really after growing on me. I expect big things from him next season.

So the episode wasn't actually bad, in itself, but with time constraints and essentially only two story arcs going on (RV gang and Carol/Morgan), and with a lot of repetitive aspects to both arcs it was far from edge of your seat stuff.

The sidestory with the librarian guy who was eventually hung by the Saviours off the bridge was boring as was all the roadblocks (the first one was good and the dialogue between Rick and the other guy was well scripted). I get the concept of what they were trying to portray of these being seriously bad guys who don't negotiate but with so many adverts, and hence so little time, after the third roadblock and the many shots of the RV along the road and Rick holding Maggie it just got a little tedious.

I thought we could have got a more epic introduction to the Kingdom Knights also, that would have got people talking. Indeed a certain someone should have been introduced towards the end. If others know who I am referring to.

Aarons presence in the episode was pointless, Heaths addition to the cast has been extremely badly managed and Glenn has barely had more than a handful of scenes all season at this stage!

All in all, Gimple is going to get a lot of hate this Summer for ruining that scene and he needs to take it like a man. Perhaps RTE could do a Michaella McCollum style Remorse Publicity Stunt Interview with him!

Anyway, Well at least Enids going to be stuck in that closet until October........

Agree with most of that. I thought it was a total cop out to end it that way. Regardless of whether you are a comic reader or not, that scene was such a crucial one and to leave it hanging was just....just....arrrghhhhhh!!!

The irony is the 15 minutes or whatever it was that preceeded it (from when Rick's gang was captured) was almost unbearable to watch. So much tension, dread and wondering which poor bastard was going to get it. They built it up so well. And then when it did happen...sorry folks, we'll stop it there just to make sure y'all come back and see us again. But by not showing who it was, by not showing the horrified reaction of the others, as they find themselves in a living hell, by not showing enough of Negan's homicidal glee in his actions, they have missed out on a huge emotional pay-off.

Regarding your thoughts on a jump forward TTB, why do you think they'll do that? I almost hope they do because if they pick up straight from where it ended the moment has been lost.

I know plenty of shows have ended on fantastic cliffhangers but this was different. I think they've treated the audience like kids with this and I hope they get a lot of stick for it.

I can't even deal with the Morgan and Carol thing for now, just so pissed off at that ending.

P.S. And don't get me started on the Denise thing. If she hadn't gone walkies and gotten killed they wouldn't have to go to Hilltop for a doctor and then Maggie wouldn't be where she is, etc...:rolleyes:

It doesn't leave me chomping at the bit to see the first episode of the next season, it has just negated what should have been a powerful, devastating moment - whoever the victim was!
    The viewers should have been left angry with Neegan for killing someone they like. Instead we've been left angry with the writers and director.
    The scene in the woods with the whistling was clever, but knowing how this show has gone in recent episodes, they'll go with Eugene, Aaron or Rosita. Maybe Abe or Sasha.
    "Taking it like a champ" indicates a male character and everyone's expecting Glenn because of his last awfully written survival scene. I was swinging towards Abraham but I heard someone say that it's Rick who's been killed... Off the wall, but the comic's creator has said that Rick will not survive the comics. Thinking about it more I could theorise that by Neegan referring to Carl as a future serial killer it indicates that he's about to embark on a dark path and Neegan wants Carl to see his father die, throwing out the line that if he does try anything they're to cut out his good eye and feed it to Rick.... Maybe after he becomes a zombie? With some clever writing they could do it, but why not close the season with a scene of Rick falling to the ground covered in blood?

Right now my money's still on Abraham.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

smash wrote: »
    The viewers should have been left angry with Neegan for killing someone they like. Instead we've been left angry with the writers and director.

Agreed. Even a minor character dying in such brutal fashion would have elicited a big response (provided the showrunner hadn't said over and over that it was a major death) because of the manner of the incident. But instead...

smash wrote: »
    "Taking it like a champ" indicates a male character and everyone's expecting Glenn because of his last awfully written survival scene. I was swinging towards Abraham but I heard someone say that it's Rick who's been killed... Off the wall, but the comic's creator has said that Rick will not survive the comics. Thinking about it more I could theorise that by Neegan referring to Carl as a future serial killer it indicates that he's about to embark on a dark path and Neegan wants Carl to see his father die, throwing out the line that if he does try anything they're to cut out his good eye and feed it to Rick.... Maybe after he becomes a zombie? With some clever writing they could do it, but why not close the season with a scene of Rick falling to the ground covered in blood?

Right now my money's still on Abraham.

The only two I think are safe are Rick and Carl because of Negan's comment about the eye. Just suggested to me that they were removed from the incident.

I think it'll be Eugene or Abraham. They did a lot to build up Eugene in the last few episodes so it would be more disappointing if he died than previously, but he still wouldn't be too major. But building him up also did a lot to develop Abraham's character too.

I think they lost their chance with glen after the dumpster.

I think it'll be Eugene or Abraham. They did a lot to build up Eugene in the last few episodes so it would be more disappointing if he died than previously, but he still wouldn't be too major. But building him up also did a lot to develop Abraham's character too.

I think they lost their chance with glen after the dumpster.

It could be 2 of them. I can see a scenario where it's Abraham and Eugene tries to intervene but gets it too.

In a darker scenario I can see Glenn getting it just for the sake of closing off that chapter but then Maggie getting a blow to the stomach for trying to help him. This would make the audience really hate Neegan and that's what the writers and director need.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

****ing cop out

Also called it last year.
    I don't think we will have the head meets bat this season, but when we do it will be a cliffhanger.

I've figured it out, they will all be kneeling like in the comic scene, with Glenn and Daryl next to each other, Que Negan standing over them, raises bat, violent head bashing with blood spraying, not showing who the victim is. Rick screaming, fade to black.

twd.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,849 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Ya, I knew they were going to pull that crap with the stupid cliffhanger.

If it turns out to be Aaron I'll be rally pissed off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Bull**** way to end, i knew when the speech dragged on and on that that would be the way they ended it, such an important and emotional part of the comics ruined on tv by a needless cliffhanger, how long until TWD is back on air??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

Found this under a review of the episode on youtube. "Don't worry guys. If you look carefully, you can see Nicholas' body falling on top of the person who is getting Lucilled. And if you look even more carefully, you can see they're all crawling under the dumpster."

The episode was a 7 for me up until the last 15 minutes after the Negan speech it was moving up the ratings in anticipation of what i could only see as Glenn or Darylls exit (far too monumental of a scene to waste on any other character, and it was never goi g to be Rick, coral or Michonne) and then that last 25 seconds it ruined everything and for that it dezerves a very very generous for me.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,849 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

A very generous what? Don't leave us hanging. Will you tell us your rating in October?

What's the bets that next season's first episode will be about Carol and Morgan?

5starpool wrote: »
    A very generous what? Don't leave us hanging. Will you tell us your rating in October?

Do you know what, I will!! Ha!

ah, no, I never thought Id be put in a position to ever rate an episode under 5. But that last 30 seconds drove me to give it a two. Only because of that bsh1t at the end!

Mr Nice Guy is going to have a field day Id say!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭unreg999

I thought it was a fantastic episode... Really left me with my heart pounding and it's a long time since tv has done that for me lol
    Ye I was pissed off not knowing who died but that's life... we don't always get answers straight away!
    On Talking Dead afterwards they said that there were some clues... So my money is on Abe (who I hated up to now but really took a shine to this season), Glen (his last brush with death was just ridiculous) or maybe Michonne... I don't know why but Negan seemed to linger on her!
    Having said that...I don't really think it will be any of the females as Negan's group seems to lack them a lot... But maybe that's because he might be a misogynistic pr!ck!!
    Daryl would have been too easy a target and I don't think he would get much out of beating a kid to death... Plus he probably needs Rick to hold the group together to work for him... so not Rick...!
    Haven't read the comics...
    They set up the Abe love stuff a bit too much this season so Ye my money is on him most likely!!
    I'm wondering what's been going on back in Alexandria while all this has been happening... Basically all of our major characters have been captured except Carol & Morgan... though Carol did save them all once before but I don't think so in this case!
    The guys in the armour might be allies... Who knows how many ppl they have... Hmmmm I guess we'll just have to wait & see..
    All in all I'd give in a 9... For reals! :)

Re above.

Cosidering he said "hes taking it like a champ!" it "probably".... not Michonne!!

• Advertisement

unreg999 wrote: »
    On Talking Dead afterwards they said that there were some clues...

They'll say that to generate talk around it. Realistically they haven't decided who they're going to kill yet:

https://twitter.com/chandlerriggs/status/716823431531077632

Advertisement