Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Season 6 | Finale | Last Day On Earth [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Plenty of people don't know that, and don't want it spoiled. Can you edit?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,446 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I think anyone with a passing interest in TWD knows who the original victim of Lucille is at this stage. Spoiler tags added anyway for the 4 people who are living under a rock. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭magicmushroom

maximoose wrote: »
    Plenty of people don't know that, and don't want it spoiled. Can you edit?

Sorry, I wasn't trying to be an idiot. I thought as the thread title said Spoilers it was OK to discuss...thought I'd seen the name on here previously as well.

Sorry folks, genuine mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

The first episode of the new season could well be the same day from the point of view of Darryl, Glenn, Michonne and Rosita after they got captured, their time in the van, ending back at the same point with the Negan bashing, revealing who gets it. Perhaps with a few scenes of Eugene from when he drove off to when he was captured. This would fill in the gaps from the finale but would mean we'd then have to wait until the 2nd episode to get our aftermath.

Why didn't Jesus help any of the groups, considering his knowledge of the Saviours?

Jesus is a clown. He said he'd seen groups of 20 or something. There were hundreds at the end!

Bloody long hairs:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Sorry, I wasn't trying to be an idiot. I thought as the thread title said Spoilers it was OK to discuss...thought I'd seen the name on here previously as well.

Ah I know, don't worry about it! I am a comic reader and have known for years, but the vast majority of non-readers I know STILL don't know who got it in the comics.

Another reason it was daft to end on a cliffhanger, people will get curious and look up the comic death. If they stick to it, completely lessens the impact.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

TV spoilers - not comic book spoilers.

As one of the 4 people living under a rock I didnt know who the victim was in the comics. Wouldnt expect to see it here as its a forum in Television.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

The first episode of the new season could well be the same day from the point of view of Darryl, Glenn, Michonne and Rosita after they got captured, their time in the van, ending back at the same point with the Negan bashing, revealing who gets it. Perhaps with a few scenes of Eugene from when he drove off to when he was captured. This would fill in the gaps from the finale but would mean we'd then have to wait until the 2nd episode to get our aftermath.

Why didn't Jesus help any of the groups, considering his knowledge of the Saviours?

Interesting point as it's unheard of for major characters to disappear and just suddenly come back into the story without finding out how they got into their particular situation. Having said that, I'm not sure what it would achieve to show what happened to Glenn, Daryl and the others although it could have a big pay-off when it comes to the big scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Yes, yes, keep talking about it. The studio executives will be rubbing their hands in glee when viewing figures are released next season.

Aenaes wrote: »
    Yes, yes, keep talking about it. The studio executives will be rubbing their hands in glee when viewing figures are released next season.

That's what's so dumb about this cliffhangerization. It's not like any of us would have tuned out. The figures won't be much up or down on last season. Grrrrrrr &cetera.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

• Registered Users Posts: 36 the sword

Liked the finale but thought the season peaked with the mid season opening episode (one of the best in the series). The rest of the season seemed to be lots of fillers!

Thought Negan talked too much at the end; if the scene had been shorter it would have appeared more brutal in my opinion and thought the man from GTA5 made a better advisory than Negan with his dialog alone!

Next year should be interesting to see where they take it as they are starting to repeat itself a bit I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

Hmmm. The last part of this when the torches went up reminded me of the film Race with the Devil. Anyone know that one? Both ridiculous concepts but whatever. In a way it peaks my interest a bit as I always argued that ricks group could not possibly be the alpha group of any survivors. Their consistently stupid actions left them in the imagined world position they are in.

I prefer game of thrones simply because you don't know who will go next. Twd is the opposite of that to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,992 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

timthumbni wrote: »
    Hmmm. The last part of this when the torches went up reminded me of the film Race with the Devil. Anyone know that one? Both ridiculous concepts but whatever. In a way it peaks my interest a bit as I always argued that ricks group could not possibly be the alpha group of any survivors. Their consistently stupid actions left them in the imagined world position they are in.

I prefer game of thrones simply because you don't know who will go next. Twd is the opposite of that to be sure.

Maybe TWD doesn't lose pivotal characters at quite the rate that Fame of Thrones does but they have nonetheless been lost!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

So now there's been an announcement of a certain actor taking up another film role which means it's now an open secret which character met the bat. Which just raises the bar on stupidity of having a cliffhanger finale.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

karma_ wrote: »
    So now there's been an announcement of a certain actor taking up another film role which means it's now an open secret which character met the bat. Which just raises the bar on stupidity of having a cliffhanger finale.

Can the actors not take on other roles then or are they constantly filming Twd?

I slag this show a wee bit but it's better than most of the rest. You would have to be pretty stupid to get killed by a zombie in twd though.

Ricks group should have "bate on" at the first roadblock and took those lot out. Has Daryl lost his RPG?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

timthumbni wrote: »
    Can the actors not take on other roles then or are they constantly filming Twd?

I slag this show a wee bit but it's better than most of the rest. You would have to be pretty stupid to get killed by a zombie in twd though.

Ricks group should have "bate on" at the first roadblock and took those lot out. Has Daryl lost his RPG?

Well yeah they can, however this particular actor was already signed for one film role, now he has two which signals an exit from TWD.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Ctrl Alt Delete

This was always bound to happen if not now then when the series starts filming again.

Even dumber because it's the obvious one too

This was always bound to happen if not now then when the series starts filming again.

Even dumber because it's the obvious one too

I wonder what percentage of people who watch a show are bothered enough to post on message boards about it, or research the cast for upcoming series?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭unreg999

karma_ wrote:

Who?? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

unreg999 wrote: »
    Who?? ;)

The actress that plays Judith.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

The actress that plays Judith.

Seriously?

Monife wrote: »
    Seriously?

yep. Remake of Three Men and a Baby (Colin Farrell, Shia La Beauf, Patrick Stewart) and she will be in the next Paranormal Activity also (it must be 5 or 6 now?)
    two good roles, she is highly rated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Yester

yep. Remake of Three Men and a Baby (Colin Farrell, Shia La Beauf, Patrick Stewart) and she will be in the next Paranormal Activity also (it must be 5 or 6 now?)
    two good roles, she is highly rated.

She is highly over-rated. I bet she just does a re-hash of how she played other roles.

Yester wrote: »
    She is highly over-rated. I bet she just does a re-hash of how she played other roles.

Complete diva I heard. nasty row with Andrew Lincoln last year. Created serious on set tension. You could kind of see it translating itself onto the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Yester

Complete diva I heard. nasty row with Andrew Lincoln last year. Created serious on set tension. You could kind of see it translating itself onto the screen.

Yeah, I heard about the diva thing. Apparently she demands an extraordinary amount of care between shots.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Ctrl Alt Delete

Basil3 wrote: »
    I wonder what percentage of people who watch a show are bothered enough to post on message boards about it, or research the cast for upcoming series?

Not just message boards it's the twitterati and other social media as well

• Registered Users Posts: 9,585 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Finally got around to watching this the other night......found it very drawn out and ponderous tbh.

Endless driving around and bad dialogue in an RV and ultimately driving into a very very obvious trap.

The reveal of Negan was a flop too imho.....yer man is totally mis-cast playing a badass. He's fine at playing charming, cheeky male totty in legal dramas etc. but couldn't take him seriously mincing around with a baseball bat.

Will keep watching anyway but this show seems to have seriously lost it's way....the zombies are pretty much irrelevant now which is a pity.

The first 2-3 series were quite innovative and a fresh take on zombies, as well as the way this affected the survivors. Now, the zombies are barely a very weak plot device for bunches of human psychos to go around killing each other for no apparent reason.

So I got impatient and read all the comics. There are no spoilers in my post.

What you get from readin the comics is the idea that the show has followed them very closely. Almost every major scene of drama, every cliffhanger, is lifted word for word from the comics. Every single comic ends with a big cliff hanger. And, while they have added some characters in the show which aren't in the comic and have killed off some who remain alive in the comic (and vice versa), the show very much follows the broad map laid down by the comic. So if the show has "lost it's way" then the comic has too.

I don't see it, personally. I thought the latest season was the best yet BUT I wish they hadn't cliff hangered the ending of the ultimate episode. That was the only ting which annoyed me immensely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Guess which 2 actors stopped to help at the scene of an accident while on the way to film new episodes?

34271BE200000578-3590373-image-m-3_1463232574614.jpg

Advertisement