Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring Weather 2016

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

sryanbruen wrote: »
    I got sunburned on April 9th last year :D

I'd get sunburned under a 100w bulb.

10.2c right now and sunny, so off to the river for some fishing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

I wasn't alive during the Spring of 1991, can anybody tell me how was that Spring comparing with 2013 please?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

cold and cloudy today, big change from Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Flippin' Arctic when the sun stays in :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭highdef

Flippin' Arctic when the sun stays in :(

Well if you're at a coastal location on the east of the country, expect beautiful sun in the next hour or so as a clearance approaches from the east.

Fingers crossed this continues into tomorrow so we could have widespread sunny conditions for the parades up and down the country. Apart from some south western and possibly southern parts, I reckon many areas will have wall to wall sunshine.....keep out of the breeze and in the sun and it will feel positively warm. The sun tomorrow will have the same strength as late September so it has potential to feel VERY nice.

• Advertisement

Gonzo wrote: »

Here it's pleasantly sunny with patchy clouds.:confused:

M.T. says that we will back to more typical weather by Easter Sunday :(. For god sake!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭snowstreams

Gonzo wrote: »

Belmullet is the place to be today, 15c there with no clouds in sight.
    There is a lot more cloud around in Galway city today, cloudy most of the time really. But at least its still about 13c.

I just got a big boost in temperature.... what?

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭yorlum11

Out doing a little work in the garden in Westport. Absolutely beautiful afternoon. Weather station says 15c. It feels warmer tbh. Enjoy it folks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

M.T. says that we will back to more typical weather by Easter Sunday :(. For god sake!

He is going by what the main models say. An omega block can be hard to shift, the models might be being a bit quick to sink the high southwards.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

I got sunburned on April 9th last year :D

You need to slap on the Factor Max ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Chilly today. It was 7.1c here ay 1am and now it's 6.2c. Lovely and bright though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

Almost hit -3c here this morning briefly. Dont want anything like that again until next winter!

pad199207 wrote: »
    Almost hit -3c here this morning briefly. Dont want anything like that again until next winter!

Yeah especially considering I recorded temperatures below -1c on June 9th and July 15th last year.

Bleak, can't wait until the airflow turns northerly, we'll get some sun down here!

Just thought I'd look at St. Patrick's Day's weather during the past few years.

2016: Dry and sunny.
    2015: Rather cloudy with some sunny intervals but dry.
    2014: Cloudy with some patchy outbreaks of rain in the west but mostly dry.
    2013: Very cold with rain in the south but sunny in the north.
    2012: Mainly wet with some sunny intervals and warm.
    2011: Very sunny and mild.
    2010: Sunny intervals in parts and rather mild.
    2009: Dry and sunny.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Slieve Gullion

Yeah especially considering I recorded temperatures below -1c on June 9th and July 15th last year.

Did you really? I know last summer was much cooler than recent years but that is a bit of interesting information.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭Hooter23

And just to hammer home how awful July was, Mullingar and Athenry both reported ground frost.

http://evoke.ie/news/ireland-summer-worst-july-in-50-years

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Started cloudy but did brighten to Sunny Spells by noon. Max temp only reached 9c but in a sheltered spot with sunshine it was nice.

www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Advertisement

Did you really? I know last summer was much cooler than recent years but that is a bit of interesting information.

Yep but still surprisingly, Summer 2011 was still cooler at my station!!!!

19c somewhere in the UK today! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Sun going down in Manchester
    It's cold !

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

very sunny today but very cold again, temps have been no more than 8 or 9C here past few days.

Wow. The highest maximum in March since 2014 I believe then?

Well despite the arrival of Storm Jake in the first week, Spring so far has been very benign especially in terms of temperature.

Below average rainfall, average sunshine (I expect more :p) and average or below average temperatures.

Keep it this way!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,107 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Very cold and overcast here in West Clare today, didn't meet the expectations I had.
    Tomorrow looks good though.

Anyone driving late tonight (especially after midnight) or at dawn tomorrow, especially in the inland east, watch out for a possible dense fog.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,107 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Below freezing already here in west Clare! (-0.2c) Gonna be a cold one!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Just out of work and the windscreen was frozen,wasnt expecting that.(Cork city)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Fabulous day and now a fabulous night here in the north east, its been very cold the last few days, but that doesnt bother me, its better then that wet muck we've had for most of the last 6 months.

Advertisement