Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media Cancellation deals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭JohnnyChimpo

Amouar wrote: »
    How Much are you paying and what is your current package?

Was on 86 p/m for the last 18 months, now on 43 p/m for 9 months and 86 p/m for 3 months on a 12 month total contract.

e: so averaging about... €54 p/m or thereabouts over the 12 month duration. Horizon Max, 240mb internet, and phone that I have never used.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

Just came across this thread.

Am currently paying €45 for 240MB and got the price increase email.

Sorry if it's in the last few pages but is there a direct number to the loyalty team?
    9 months half price seems to be the best people are being offered? Do you need to do much arguing for that?

Thanks

Sorry if it's in the last few pages but is there a direct number to the loyalty team?
    9 months half price seems to be the best people are being offered? Do you need to do much arguing for that?

Thanks

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,030 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Was on 86 p/m for the last 18 months, now on 43 p/m for 9 months and 86 p/m for 3 months on a 12 month total contract.

e: so averaging about... €54 p/m or thereabouts over the 12 month duration. Horizon Max, 240mb internet, and phone that I have never used.

The issue here is they are saying that the 9 month half price deal isn't available to customers on 2 play services which it clearly is if people on here are anything to go by.

The best I've been offered so far is 6months half price and a free upgrade to their new 360mb modem but staying on my current 240mb package.

I was actually offered the new 360mb package for €30 for 6 months also, but that may have been an 18month contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭A Law

frash wrote: »

Thanks

061 272190 UPC loyalty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Amouar

Called again and got the Irish call center, The operator doesn't want to hear anything about other people's offer and insisted that this is the best the deal I could get.

Well, I'll have to try again later in the evening .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Amouar

Called again and got the Irish call center, The operator doesn't want to hear anything about other people's offer and insisted that this is the best the deal I could get.

Well, I'll have to try again later in the evening .

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭the-ging

I am currently on 85pm with all three services.

Just called them there and were offering 6 months at half price (45 after the price increase). I say people were getting 9 months half price, but he was not budging.

Will try again later in the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭the-ging

I am currently on 85pm with all three services.

Just called them there and were offering 6 months at half price (45 after the price increase). I say people were getting 9 months half price, but he was not budging.

Will try again later in the week.

You'll be much better off going with the "Sky are offering a better deal" route than the "some lads on Boards,ie got a better offer"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

Work out what your year bill would be if 9months half price and 3 months full i.e. €675 for example for the year.

Then tell Virgin that Sky have a deal on the table that over the year comes in at around €675 and what can they offer to match that.

pippip wrote: »
    Work out what your year bill would be if 9months half price and 3 months full i.e. €675 for example for the year.

Then tell Virgin that Sky have a deal on the table that over the year comes in at around €675 and what can they offer to match that.

Or just quote the actual current Sky offer of 49 p/m , which comes to under 600 p/a.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

Or just quote the actual current Sky offer of 49 p/m , which comes to under 600 p/a.

To which they'll point out that offer has

NO HD
    ONLY 50 channels
    NO box sets

and no free mobile calls, should you use that currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭sillysocks

NO HD
    ONLY 50 channels
    NO box sets

Yep, this is what happened me when I mentioned that Sky deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

FIrst time calling, the lowest he would go was 1/2 price for 4 months after about 5-6mins haggling. I was insisting on a cancellation, and he was about to give me the email address, then the call mysteriously dropped.
    An old trick I used my self when I worked in a call centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Larcoon

So the best I can get now is

As I have only 2 services with them (broadband and phone)

€22.50 for the first 6 months
    €45 for the remaining 6 months

is this correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Best here (and I tried) was 6 months half price on my primary tv box and broadband and full price (€11) on my 2nd tv box. So:

Multiroom
    €11 / month no discount.

TV & Broadband
    €37 / month

Total: €48 / month for 6 months

Then €86 / month for final 6 months

12 month contract.

Best here (and I tried) was 6 months half price on my primary tv box and broadband and full price (€11) on my 2nd tv box. So:

Multiroom
    €11 / month no discount.

TV & Broadband
    €37 / month 50% off for 6 months

Total: €48 / month for 6 months

Then €86 / month for final 6 months

12 month contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

I rang yesterday and just said I was thinking of leaving and going with the Sky Deal that's €49 per month for the BB and TV.

I was ready to argue that my supposed 240mb BB only hits around 45 on my wifi, and that I only use the phone as it's included in the bundle otherwise wouldn't be bothered.

Offered me half price on total package for 4 months, said it wasn't good enough, I was put on hold and he came back and offered half price on my package for 6 months. Decided to take it as I am happy enough with them as a provider but I didn't want to be paying this amount if there was haggle room to get something off.

My package is the full whack BB, TV and phone, with multiroom (they can't take any money off the multiroom he said), so I was paying €95 in total and will pay €55 for 6 months, then full price for another 6 months and then out of contract again. Has anyone ever did this and threatened to leave then after the fresh 12 month contract was out? :P

NO HD
    ONLY 50 channels
    NO box sets

and no free mobile calls, should you use that currently.

Cmon lads, I shouldnt have to spoonfeed ye negotiation tactics. I just kept repeating "yeah I understand, but I'm strongly motivated by price more than anything right now". Sure I cant even get Sky tv in my apartment block, doesn't mean I still didn't use it to haggle :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Imagine this was your job!! Ugh

Just got 9 months half price there. Had to push him as the first 3 or 4 offers were garbage. Got to the 6 months half offer and pushed him to go and ask his supervisor, and he came back with the goods.

Really emphasised the Sky offer was for €50, then when he wouldn't budge on the 6 months offer I said my brother got 9 months half price. What seemed to seal the deal was when I said I'd be in a position to sign a new 12 month contract if he could secure the 9 month deal, and he went and got it.

Took 20 minutes but i'm on the €80pm package so saved €360 quid. If only I earned €1080 an hour in my job!I

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭gogreen81

Mine is a 25 eur deal and going to be 30 next month. Then 85 from June . As its broadband, phone and tv. Should I call now for better deal or in June ? Last time I called they didn't entertain the request much

gogreen81 wrote: »
    Mine is a 25 eur deal and going to be 30 next month. Then 85 from June . As its broadband, phone and tv. Should I call now for better deal or in June ? Last time I called they didn't entertain the request much

Are you still in contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭gogreen81

ciarsd wrote: »
    Are you still in contract?

Yes contract till July . 12month
    30 day notice should start from June as don't want to pay 85

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Fol20

I received an email stating that my bill will be going up next month by 5e. it also says that i can cancel my contract due to price changes. Im only with upc for their broadband. Do you think it would be worth my while to haggle with them?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

gogreen81 wrote:

gogreen81 wrote:

Mine is same...it wont goto 30 i am told...will stay at 25..

what time is the loyalty phone number open until?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

frash wrote: »
    what time is the loyalty phone number open until?

9am they are open for haggling.

• Advertisement

9am they are open for haggling.

thanks - actually open until 9pm so will ring this evening

Advertisement