Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

I know UFC got a lot of money from the Reebok deal but it really is one of the worst decisions UFC have made in the last few years in terms of the unrest it as caused. Plus I feel it takes away from fighters personality a bit ala Cowboy.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,517 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yupp he's a prime example of someone who will feck off to Belator and probably make more from sponsorship alone. He said he hopes Reebok donate the fine to Murican soldiers and he will double the donation. UFC need to sort this out quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

So how does this work? You wear Reebok, you get paid "Reebok money" but if you violate the terms you get fined from your purse? Or is the fine taken from the Reebok money?

This is all so f*cking stupid!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

ASOT wrote: »

Still a ridiculous situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I'd put money on him being busted for marijuana again within 18 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

DrPhilG wrote: »
    I'd put money on him being busted for marijuana again within 18 months.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it would have to be "in competition" would it? So if he tested positive next week it wouldn't be an issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭jjdonegal

Correct me if I'm wrong but it would have to be "in competition" would it? So if he tested positive next week it wouldn't be an issue?

Was wondering this too. Is the new drug testing all year round? And is my hazy memory right in saying he has a legal exemption to use marajuana in his home state or did I dream that?

There's out of competition levels and in competition levels, he will be fine out of competition your man Jeff Novinsky said both levels under USADA are high and that he would basically have to be smoking it in the actual locker room to fail, that's why he didn't fail the usada post fight test.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭smilerf

I know UFC got a lot of money from the Reebok deal but it really is one of the worst decisions UFC have made in the last few years in terms of the unrest it as caused. Plus I feel it takes away from fighters personality a bit ala Cowboy.
    "and now in the red corner wearing black and white Yoel Romero also in the blue corner wearing black and white Luke Rockhold it's pathetic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Anyone know why they all wear black and white ones? Surely they could at least change the colours?

If they made individual shorts with reebok on them it would make way more sense and surely sell more of them?!

Beersmith wrote: »
    Anyone know why they all wear black and white ones? Surely they could at least change the colours?

If they made individual shorts with reebok on them it would make way more sense and surely sell more of them?!

Because Reebok are idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Because Reebok are idiots.

tbh affliction did it right sold a tee with a quote or something from a fighter, much better

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=2108459

Better than 99.9% of all reebok gear so far

tbh affliction did it right sold a tee with a quote or something from a fighter, much better

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=2108459

Better than 99.9% of all reebok gear so far

Looking at the stuff dethrone, affliction etc all pump out then looking at the Reebok gear makes me sad :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

And it's official!!!

March 5th McGregor vs dos anjos

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Yoel Romero has failed a USADA drug test

''The UFC organization was notified today that the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) informed Yoel Romero of a potential Anti-Doping Policy violation stemming from an out-of-competition sample collection''

He was always suspect considering hes 38 and built like a machine but I thought he might be just a genetic freak considering he always passed olympic testing,the sport is rotten to the core with steroids good to see another one caught cheating.

Aw Yoel!!!

As per Ariel:
    USADA has notified the UFC of a potential anti-doping violation by Yoel Romero, per the promotion.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

He's the really religious one as well isn't he?

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

CatFromHue wrote: »
    He's the really religious one as well isn't he?

Yeah, gay Jesus.

Does this mean he is banned now and Jacare gets a shot?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

The 38 year old built like a God who's been competing at the top for nearly 20 years without any sign of decline? Shock horror!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Dana reported to say Ronda wont fight at UFC 200,cant see her fighting again personally.

Gamebred wrote: »
    Dana reported to say Ronda wont fight at UFC 200,cant see her fighting again personally.

I think she will return.

I would say I think she is being smart, taking her time after 2 filming 2 movies, putting together a decent strategy; instead of having a short camp, rushing and getting KO'd by Holm again in the exact same fashion. But, if that was the case she would drop her piece of **** coach.

Gamebred wrote: »

Wow....

7 months to recover but she'd rather make a shyte film instead of fighting at the biggest ufc event in history.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Holm is still the only fight for her so it makes sense to do the films as there's a future in that but if she beats Holm she fights Holm again after that. There's no one else in her division bar Holm for Ronda to fight.

If she loses to Holm there's still no one other than Holm to fight.

Iv never been so happy for someone to fail a drug test, Romero is a moron and without a doubt was juiced to the gils, finally it can be said without getting carded.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,092 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

There's out of competition levels and in competition levels, he will be fine out of competition your man Jeff Novinsky said both levels under USADA are high and that he would basically have to be smoking it in the actual locker room to fail, that's why he didn't fail the usada post fight test.
    There no out of comp level afaik. Smoke as much as you want.
    But I think the USADA in comp level is exactly the same as the NSAC level. The test he failed would have been a fail under USADA rules too.

Imo it was a false positive due to being dehydrated.
    Iv never been so happy for someone to fail a drug test, Romero is a moron and without a doubt was juiced to the gils, finally it can be said without getting carded.
    Have they confirmed what he failed on? Could be another Tibau situation.

Edit: Rumour mill suggests it was a designer peptide

Mellor wrote: »
    There no out of comp level afaik. Smoke as much as you want.
    But I think the USADA in comp level is exactly the same as the NSAC level. The test he failed would have been a fail under USADA rules too.

He passed two usada tests though? Il Try find the interview on my lunch your man explained it a bit more than me.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,092 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

He passed two usada tests though? Il Try find the interview on my lunch your man explained it a bit more than me.

His levels in the USADA tests were significantly lower that the NSAC one though. They were done at different times. See my edit above, I think dehydration was a huge factor.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Have despised him since that Tim Kennedy fight

• Advertisement

Have despised him since that Tim Kennedy fight

Tim Kennedy went off on him last night on twitter. Quite a few from that division did actually.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement