Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Interested to see what Holm/Tate will do PPV wise if its a main event on its own (I'd imagine she's only fighting because the UFC are stuck for a main event). I think Holm will draw well. Think at a push she could do 500-600k

I'll be interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Ben Askren up to middleweight since ONE have banned weight cutting. I'd imagine most of there fighters will either follow suit or leave. Wonder would this push Bibiano to the ufc, some great fights could be made.

Also Pena is a scumbag -

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/1/6/10726322/911-call-emerges-from-julianna-pena-incident-theyre-gonna-f-ck-sh-t-up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

What did people make of the Tumenov v Larkin result,Correct decision ?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,516 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Cowboy was fined for interfering with his 'uniform' after sewing a patch from his old shorts into them as a tribute to his grandmother. 3 other fighters also fined and another few received warnings.

What an absolute load of bollix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Gamb!t wrote: »

Definitely the correct decision.

• Advertisement

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Cowboy was fined for interfering with his 'uniform' after sewing a patch from his old shorts into them as a tribute to his grandmother. 3 other fighters also fined and another few received warnings.

What an absolute load of bollix.

They're all gonna go get that Univision money when their contracts end. I reckon Bendo is on the way there, Sterling is heading there. I think Diaz's contract is up soon, he's running there if they give him a decent contract.

Interesting times.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

They need a union,the exclusive reebok deals the stars with the pull have is whats stopping a proper revolt against the whole reebok thing,they have ring girls worth more than fighters who risk their health absolute joke the ufc is I'd love to see every fighter on a card refuse to wear it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Close thought Larkin won tbh haven't watched it back since though

Gamebred wrote: »
    They need a union,the exclusive reebok deals the stars with the pull have is whats stopping a proper revolt against the whole reebok thing,they have ring girls worth more than fighters who risk their health absolute joke the ufc is I'd love to see every fighter on a card refuse to wear it.

If Fitch and co win that class action law suit and they get the Muhammad Ali Boxing Reform Act is applied to MMA the roof gets blown off the whole thing.

Diaz ban to be reduced to 18 months and back dated.... So essentially he's back in 5 months. That seems to be what's getting thrown around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

When does the Reebok deal expire? It really is awful and the longer it goes on it just gets even worse

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

They're all gonna go get that Univision money when their contracts end. I reckon Bendo is on the way there, Sterling is heading there. I think Diaz's contract is up soon, he's running there if they give him a decent contract.

Interesting times.

Only because the net is closing in on his toothpick smuggling ways.

califano wrote: »
    Only because the net is closing in on his toothpick smuggling ways.

That and he has more earning potential at Bellator, which is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

BOHtox wrote: »
    When does the Reebok deal expire? It really is awful and the longer it goes on it just gets even worse

Think it's 6 or 7 years

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

On the reebok deal, only noticed at last event there was no Reebok logos on the octagon or the ring girls

• Registered Users Posts: 29,516 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Cowboy said the fine is big 'think of a number, then double it'. He also said he'll continue to wear the patch and keep paying the five :)

Looks like Nate Diaz getting fined as well for wearing jeans to the weigh in.

Reebok is hands down the worst thing the UFC have done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

The buildup to Cruz/Dillashaw has been fiery. Really hope Cruz beats him. Can't stand Dillashaw.

The buildup to Cruz/Dillashaw has been fiery. Really hope Cruz beats him. Can't stand Dillashaw.

All over Cruz at 5/4, could possibly be a better price havnt looked.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I'm sure that secretly Dana is pissed at Reebok.

The uniforms are dreadful, the endless cock ups like misspelt names and the legendary Irish shirt are embarrassing, and the backlash from all angles is endless. I'd say if he could roll back the clock he would never have signed it.

Sounded good on paper, but the delivery has been terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

I remember a number of us debating the Reebok deal when it was announced. I don't think even those of us most ardently against thought it would be this disastrous.

Relativey it's not much money. After another year or two I would be happy to hear the UFC end the deal and pay the contract off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Conor McGregor vs. Rafael dos Anjos and Holly Holm vs. Miesha Tate set for UFC 197 on March 5

https://twitter.com/jeremybotter/status/685288570525859841

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭smilerf

I would have gone with larkin but it was close

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I could listen to Cruz talk about fighting every day of the week. He's so intelligent about the game. I say he regains that belt that he hasn't actually lost remember, and continues to put a beating on the division before retiring and replacing Rogan as the colour commentator.

MagicIRL wrote: »
    I could listen to Cruz talk about fighting every day of the week. He's so intelligent about the game. I say he regains that belt that he hasn't actually lost remember, and continues to put a beating on the division before retiring and replacing Rogan as the colour commentator.

If Joe doesn't renew his contract when it runs out in August I can see Onnit starting a fight team out of Austin shortly afterwards.

He said on a podcast before that they only reason they hadn't already done it is because it would be a conflict of interests for Rogan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Fight nights in Zagreb and Rotterdam announced thought it was a misprint but I think both events are actually on a Sunday.

Zagreb is a great city, might head over to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

I heard the ladies are something to behold.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Too hard to get to though

Beersmith wrote: »
    Too hard to get to though

150-200 return with one stop, it's grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Beersmith

150-200 return with one stop, it's grand.

For most id say thats not a easy destination. 6ish hours travel and that aint cheap for what would be for most a weekend trip!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement