Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,430 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Not Fitch or Davis, they were booted out.

Fitch was cut.
    As far as Davis is concerned, from memory I think he just didn't renew his contract and left. Could be wrong on that one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

El Guapo! wrote: »
    Fitch was cut.
    As far as Davis is concerned, from memory I think he just didn't renew his contract and left. Could be wrong on that one though.

He wasn't offered a new contract, that's what I remember. Basically the UFC didn't want either any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Petermc83 wrote: »
    Phil Davis ??

Ah yeah, forgot about Davis.

He's clearly as memorable as his fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭weemcd

Josh Thompson?

I know he was getting lucrative with his Bellator pay and ability to wear his own sponsors when he moved, compared to UFC.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭jjdonegal

I thought Fitch was involved. Cung Le was too I think. Checked their FB an hour ago and seen nothing about who it was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

It's Sterling that Off The Ball are talking to in the next hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Pudsy33 wrote: »

I was going to say him but he hasn't actually left yet although he seems to be threatening to.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Lads I still can't believe Amirkhani has come to Ireland to train full time, has all the makings of a massive star, hopefully all the Irish fans can get behind him.

Jesus sterling has never got a discretionary bonus over 6k, that's shocking considering some of the finishes he's had and not got a POTN bonus.

Pudsy33 wrote: »

Jesus I am an eejit. Totally forgot about it. Worth listening back to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

jjdonegal wrote: »

I missed it but he's an outspoken guy so I'd imagine it would be

He's still on now I'd wait and listen to it all though, he's getting torn a new one by the ufc there last contest over was 20/20 with 3k increase per fight, laughable. So he basically said if they want to play this game they can lose a future champion he's not waiting around and playing games.

Edit: last point he made is that he doesn't have enough money to go to a doctor unless it's something really serious. That's just shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

ASOT wrote: »
    Lads I still can't believe Amirkhani has come to Ireland to train full time, has all the makings of a massive star, hopefully all the Irish fans can get behind him.

Really exciting fighter but I'm not a huge fan after his fake glove touch against Duquesnoy. I know, I know, protect yourself at all times and that but it's bad form IMO. It'll take him a while to win me back over. I'm sure he'll be distraught :pac:

Paully D wrote: »
    Really exciting fighter but I'm not a huge fan after his fake glove touch against Duquesnoy. I know, I know, protect yourself at all times and that but it's bad form IMO. It'll take him a while to win me back over. I'm sure he'll be distraught :pac:

At the end of the day he bought his mam a bed out of his winnings after dropping Andy ogle in 8 seconds so it should have been forgiven after that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Beersmith

At the end of the day he bought his mam a bed out of his winnings after dropping Andy ogle in 8 seconds so it should have been forgiven after that :pac:

He is forgiven for the choking andy ogle part.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Look at the support Gunni gets, he'll get mad support

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

He's still on now I'd wait and listen to it all though, he's getting torn a new one by the ufc there last contest over was 20/20 with 3k increase per fight, laughable. So he basically said if they want to play this game they can lose a future champion he's not waiting around and playing games.

Edit: last point he made is that he doesn't have enough money to go to a doctor unless it's something really serious. That's just shocking.

Healthcare in America in general is just crazy stuff. What Walt did in Breaking Bad is not that impossible!

He spoke well I thought.

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Healthcare in America in general is just crazy stuff. What Walt did in Breaking Bad is not that impossible!

He spoke well I thought.

Yeah I know it's outrageous that's why I would have assumed the ufc would have contributed in some way but obviously they don't, I get better health care in my job and I don't have to have a scrap with any of my co workers haha its mental. It was a decent interview, I'm sure he has alot more to say anyway put his treatment by the ufc into perspective. If that happens to someone with his potential I feel sorry for lower and mid card guys who aren't destined for much.

Yeah I know it's outrageous that's why I would have assumed the ufc would have contributed in some way but obviously they don't, I get better health care in my job and I don't have to have a scrap with any of my co workers haha its mental. It was a decent interview, I'm sure he has alot more to say anyway put his treatment by the ufc into perspective. If that happens to someone with his potential I feel sorry for lower and mid card guys who aren't destined for much.

I'd definitely like to hear the UFC side regarding the health insurance thing. Remember reading Mark Colemans story a few months back and he said he was covered up until he left. It is now that he cannot afford to look after his health. I'd have assumed Sterling fell under the same type of structure but it appears not.

Must source that interview tomo and listen to it; have read the article on the Newstalk website which gives a good overview of it. Interesting stuff for the wrong reasons.

I'd definitely like to hear the UFC side regarding the health insurance thing. Remember reading Mark Colemans story a few months back and he said he was covered up until he left. It is now that he cannot afford to look after his health. I'd have assumed Sterling fell under the same type of structure but it appears not.

Must source that interview tomo and listen to it; have read the article on the Newstalk website which gives a good overview of it. Interesting stuff for the wrong reasons.

Yeah it would be interesting to see what the cover is like now, the roster is massively bigger than when Coleman was still fighting so that must have something to do with it, I would imagine they don't cover everyone on the roster as there's about 550 odd fighters now. Fair play to sterling anyway, if I was in his position if be doing my best to make as much as I could, fairly sure he will end up at Bellator unless the ufc give him a decent offer.

• Advertisement

Gamebred wrote: »
    They still have the GOAT there about to come back and ruin DC,and the best unknown (ish) prospect in the game Yair Rodriguez imo.

Rodriguez's fight with Rosa was one of my favourite of 2014. Really enjoyable.

Holly Holm will fight again before she rematches with Ronda, per Dana White on UFC Tonight.

Hopefully this means we'll get to see a whole lot more of Miesha in the coming months! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,517 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Great news for Holly.

Dana also said he's allowing Conor to fight 155 and if he wins, defend both belts. Imagine the 1st ever 2 division champ at the same time! That will put him ahead of Bones as p4p king for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,517 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Makwan seems happy

":) people are kind! Coach is amazing, training partners support you and everyone is breathing the same air. I think im in a right place!"

As per Helwani Khabib wants the winner of Pettis/Alvarez but would take a fight with Diaz.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

As per Helwani Khabib wants the winner of Pettis/Alvarez but would take a fight with Diaz.

Why would he not just call out the champ? Seems odd to me.

He said on the mma the last time he was on that he doesn't want to come back after two years straight into a title fight which is fair enough!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Well Sterling said that they've covered for 30 days after a fight so I presume that's to cover any fight injuries. He also said about accidental insurance during training which I took to mean if they got injured during training they'd be covered as in training related injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,092 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I wouldn't want to jump into a fight with RDA after a huge layoff. Not for the sake of a few months when it's nearly 2 years anyway.
    Silly to risk his unbeaten run and his title potential for little gain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Interested to see what Holm/Tate will do PPV wise if its a main event on its own (I'd imagine she's only fighting because the UFC are stuck for a main event). I think Holm will draw well. Think at a push she could do 500-600k

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement