Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster vs Connacht build up RDS Jan 1st tg4 17:00

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

BrokenMan wrote: »
    I know. Meant it should have been picked up on the day.

Ah right, get you. Yeah, Leinster were lucky that flew under the radar. Straight red, definitely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭flouncer

BrokenMan wrote: »
    Jaysus guys give it up, it's making us all looks bad. That screenshot clearly shows Clancy in a perfect position to see if the ball is grounded. He then correctly went to the TMO to see if there was anything wrong as he fell in his ass and didn't see everything in the build up.
    I'm way more annoyed with no one picking up on Mcfaddens stamp. That could have been red as he went back for a second bite.
    I'm really sorry. Clancy went to ground at the exact same time the ball supposedly went to ground. So your point is not very well founded. How can clancy be up off his arse and award a try. Lovely picture. Nothing else. Amazing what a time delay can do.

Though I do agree with the getting over it concept. Thought that the Kearney brothers were pretty poor (that said I have thought as much for a while). Thought tiernan had his worst game in ages and still was better than r Kearney. As for d Kearney. Heavens. And then McFadden hitting eol status.

Ringrose brought a shine to the eye. Leinster need to introduce more from the academy. Was really looking forward to seeing Luke McGrath but that didn't happen (pity).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

flouncer wrote: »
    I'm really sorry. Clancy went to ground at the exact same time the ball supposedly went to ground. So your point is not very well founded. How can clancy be up off his arse and award a try. Lovely picture. Nothing else. Amazing what a time delay can do.

Though I do agree with the getting over it concept. Thought that the Kearney brothers were pretty poor (that said I have thought as much for a while). Thought tiernan had his worst game in ages and still was better than r Kearney. As for d Kearney. Heavens. And then McFadden hitting eol status.

Ringrose brought a shine to the eye. Leinster need to introduce more from the academy. Was really looking forward to seeing Luke McGrath but that didn't happen (pity).

We'll agree to disagree on the try :)
    Agree with everything else you say. Ringrose has serious potential l Look forward to seeing him progress.
    TOH while not at his best this time is the form fullback in the country. Really hope he gets a look in at least in an extended squad. At his age he really is one for the future.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Shall we just keep this open until next year's game? There's a lot of mileage left in that one ref's decision yet surely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Shall we just keep this open until next year's game? There's a lot of mileage left in that one ref's decision yet surely.

The worst thing is that Clancy actually had a decent game; he kept it moving reasonably well in horrendous conditions.

Hyper analysis of the decisions that didn't go the way certain people wanted them to go is no basis for criticising him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

Stheno wrote: »
    This has turned into complete nonsense, you've gone from "we were robbed of a losing bonus point due to a homer ref", to "AhYou acknowledged it was a try so it must be so", to "AhYou was tired so he stopped playing" to "sure the ref didn't see it"

Honest to God how many different view points can one person have.

This is Exactly the same point of view 1) AhYou SEEMS to acknowledge it was a try so it may be 2) BUT AhYou was tired AND EXPECTED THE TMO anyway so he stopped playing 3) So it's still possible the ref didn't see it 4) Because he was influenced by the place, over-estimated his own certainty, and may have made a mistake by asking the wrong question, if so, robbed us of a losing bonus point

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

This has been explained ad nauseum. He saw the ball on the ground in a try scoring position. I.e. not held up, over the line, touching the grass in the in goal with Van der Flier's hand on it. That looks like a try is scored. But to be certain because as he says, he can't see all the ball all the time before it ends up on the ground in a try scoring position, he asks the TMO if there's anything in the pictures that would prevent a try being awarded. Nothing shows up in the pictures, so the try is duly awarded. How hard is this to understand?
    We're going to have to disagree here too ;). Both Kearney brothers had one of their best games so far this season. Rob Kearney actually made four line breaks and beat four defenders, Dave also had three and four defenders beaten. By a distance, the highest of any of the other players on the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

The worst thing is that Clancy actually had a decent game; he kept it moving reasonably well in horrendous conditions.

Hyper analysis of the decisions that didn't go the way certain people wanted them to go is no basis for criticising him.

Yeah, during the game I wasn't happy with how he was going, but we were all saying afterwards that had he blown up for every last infringement the game would never have gotten going. The conditions alone forced enough stoppages, had Clancy added to that it would have ruined the spectacle. He needed to be more sympathetic throughout.

Stheno wrote: »
    Leinster spent the first 30 minutes in your 22 e.g.? You never looked like scoring?

Actually Connaught didn't score a single point in the game?

Scoring isn't the only point. Brilliant defence matters

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

connachta wrote: »
    Scoring isn't the only point. Brilliant defence matters

If you want to win games you kind of do need to score.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭b.gud

ffs is this conversation really still going on??

b.gud wrote: »
    ffs is this conversation really still going on??
    It took over one hundred years for Galileo's theory of heliocentrism to be accepted. :rolleyes:

molloyjh wrote: »
    If you want to win games you kind of do need to score.....

Connacht was the best try scorer until a very recent past. Not worried about that. Conceeding 31 points against the blues at home and 23 vs Dragons was a far bigger issue. That's why I'm very happy to have conceeding only 13 points (7 in debate) in the RDS. I prefer 13-0 to 40-27, for this reason.

I'm going to have to pull out my face melting gif again in 5 4 3 ....

It took over one hundred years for Galileo's theory of heliocentrism to be accepted. :rolleyes:

It took over 2000 years for the "evident" theory of the flat earth to be falsified.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

I can only imagine the sense of frustration he had, constantly ridiculed as being a tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorist for having an alternative view of something... :D

34182_o.gif

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

What needs to happen to this thread

tumblr_mc5b21T1Ur1rpike2o8_250.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

2) BUT AhYou was tired AND EXPECTED THE TMO anyway so he stopped playing

3) So it's still possible the ref didn't see it

If AhYou saw it he should have piled in on it to block any potential view of the ref or TMO. Not stand with hands on hips for several seconds before the ref blew his whistle

The ref did see it though. Hence he asked question 2. He got himself into a very close position to the ball, within 1 metre. There is no evidence to continually claim he didn't see it when he made every effort to get into the best position as can be seen on tv pictures.

It took over 2000 years for the "evident" theory of the flat earth to be falsified.

Oohhh! I know this one!

The Flat Earth 'myth' was propagated by protestants in the 18th century as a means of ridiculing catholics. It was never true and evidence shows that the spherical earth theory was well in place long before that.

Christopher Columbus had no fear of falling off the edge of the world in 1492 for example :D

• Advertisement

I can only imagine the sense of frustration he had, constantly ridiculed as being a tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorist for having an alternative view of something... :D

I know what you mean. He had the facts, he had the proof and he had the knowledge to understand them. But his theory didn't fit with the deeply held belief that Connacht The Earth was the centre of everything. :P

aimee1 wrote: »
    If AhYou saw it he should have piled in on it to block any potential view of the ref or TMO. Not stand with hands on hips for several seconds before the ref blew his whistle

Nope it was too late, too far to dive in it. And answer this simple question : when did VDF grounded between the moment he is in the air diving over the line and the moment we clearly see him held by Muldoon's arm? There's at best a fraction of second, if it has ever happened. So you have to admit the doubt about Clancy really seeing (and not only presumed to have seen) this potential grounding is permitted. Permitted, no more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

I know what you mean. He had the facts, he had the proof and he had the knowledge to understand them. But his theory didn't fit with the deeply held belief that Connacht The Earth was the centre of everything. :P

In the interests of letting this thread pass away peacefully I'll give you that one...good luck...

Oohhh! I know this one!

The Flat Earth 'myth' was propagated by protestants in the 18th century as a means of ridiculing catholics. It was never true and evidence shows that the spherical earth theory was well in place long before that.

Christopher Columbus had no fear of falling off the edge of the world in 1492 for example :D

yeah 2000 year, from antique period to 1500. You get what I meant. Maybe Clancy will talk ten years later to proove what was evident wasn't in reality

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I thought Marmion was way better than Boss the other day. Should he be called up for Ireland?

yeah 2000 year, from antique period to 1500. You get what I meant. Maybe Clancy will talk ten years later to proove what was evident wasn't in reality

Oh dear, the farce is strong in this one. :pac:

The ancient Greeks were the first to develop the spherical earth theory. Pythagoras being the philosopher most associated with it in the 6th century BC.

How far back does your 2000 years go? :rolleyes:

Oh dear, the farce is strong in this one. :pac:

The ancient Greeks were the first to develop the spherical earth theory. Pythagoras being the philosopher most associated with it in the 6th century BC.

How far back does your 2000 years go? :rolleyes:

I know that, was prooven in Alexendrie too in the end of Rome empire. But still just 2000 y of common belief. Don't consider me as a fool please, just because you religiously believe that can't be nothing else than a Clancy cristal-clear sight

I know that, was prooven in Alexendrie too in the end of Rome empire. But still just 2000 y of common belief. Don't consider me as a fool please, just because you religiously believe that can't be nothing else than a Clancy cristal-clear sight

There is still a flat earth society you know. Some of its members are even posting on this thread. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I thought Marmion was way better than Boss the other day. Should he be called up for Ireland?

Boss wasn't playing the other day.

• Advertisement

vienne86 wrote: »
    Boss wasn't playing the other day.

Marmion is better than him even when they both don't play :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement