Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster vs Connacht build up RDS Jan 1st tg4 17:00

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

I thought Marmion was way better than Boss the other day. Should he be called up for Ireland?

I think he is there or there abouts. My bro in law (Munster man) complains that he is too slow to distribute.. However I don't necessarily agree.
    I also like that he is never afraid to get stuck in / tackle etc, and had a good bit of speed and is not afraid of the odd pick and go sprints to the line

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

With all the fuss about something happening in this game I forgot to ask the most important question in relation to it.

When Sean o brien tackled Sean o brien was there a bit of a chuckle from the commentary team?

With all the fuss about something happening in this game I forgot to ask the most important question in relation to it.

When Sean o brien tackled Sean o brien was there a bit of a chuckle from the commentary team?

I believe it was the first sighting of the Higgs Boson or God Particle

• Registered Users Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

There may have been but they were speaking Irish so I have no idea. It all sounds like Klingon to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

The McFadden showing is really nasty. Surprised not more fuss is being made of that, deserves a ban. Lashing out is petulant stuff.

For me what healy did didn't even deserve a yellow, but McFadden deserves red for that. Crazy the amount of fuss made over healy but not much over mcfadden's.

• Advertisement

.ak wrote: »
    The McFadden showing is really nasty. Surprised not more fuss is being made of that, deserves a ban. Lashing out is petulant stuff.

For me what healy did didn't even deserve a yellow, but McFadden deserves red for that. Crazy the amount of fuss made over healy but not much over mcfadden's.

Was thinking the same myself, I guess Healy's happened visibly and was delt with during the game whereas McFadden was after the fact and doesn't come into conversation much regarding the outcome.

McFadden will get 5 weeks plus imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

A lot of the fuss around Healy blew up because of the balls up of the hearing, lesser charge, suspension lifted, new hearing etc etc., rather than the actual offence.

Think McFadden is looking at 3-5 weeks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

You'd have to say it'll be 5 weeks minimum. After good behaviour is taken into account

Just for info, the sanctions are:
    Low End - 2 weeks
    Mid Range - 5 weeks
    Top End - 9+ weeks

I'd say it's mid range, and the guy has a spotless disciplinary record, so 3-4 week ban likely.

• Administrators Posts: 53,459 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Spotted McFadden in a suit shop earlier trying on this very fine looking evening suit. ;)

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »
    Spotted McFadden in a suit shop earlier trying on this very fine looking evening suit. ;)

Surely the twitter apology would be out by now?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

He's been doing it a lot for a while now. This was gonna happen sooner or later really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,799 ✭✭✭b.gud

Surely the twitter apology would be out by now?

White doesn't have a Twitter account to give a reply so the apology won't have the same affect ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

b.gud wrote: »
    White doesn't have a Twitter account to give a reply so the apology won't have the same affect ;)

He can apologise to Clancy. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Just for info, the sanctions are:
    Low End - 2 weeks
    Mid Range - 5 weeks
    Top End - 9+ weeks

I'd say it's mid range, and the guy has a spotless disciplinary record, so 3-4 week ban likely.

Yeah I'd say that's about right.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

It should be considered a mid-range offense but I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up calling it a low-range one and giving him a week off. This is a Pro 12 interprovincial game after all, boots to the face/head are looked at very differently.

It should be considered a mid-range offense but I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up calling it a low-range one and giving him a week off. This is a Pro 12 interprovincial game after all, boots to the face/head are looked at very differently.

*cough so are tries and yellow cards cough*

I'm kidding 100% not trying to start anything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

Unfortunately, I think you might be right. One week for that would be continuing the traditional pro12 disciplinary record.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I didn't see the match. Was White injured by McFadden? Could that impact the punishment?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I didn't see the match. Was White injured by McFadden? Could that impact the punishment?

Think he had to go off for a blood injury then came back on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Stheno wrote: »

correct
    000b904b-642.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

We're not a French team and Nathan White is a bigger man than Guilhem Guirado (or Pape). White will tell the hearing officer he wasn't badly hurt and McFadden will get a short(er than he deserves) ban.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Just seen it. A nasty stamp without doubt. Out of character for McFadden, but that's no excuse.

He could be looking at a good while off for that.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,195 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Was Ah You on as a blood sub when he confirmed the Leinster try?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Was Ah You on as a blood sub when he confirmed the Leinster try?

NO I think he'd been brought on to replace White at that stage full stop

Zzippy wrote: »
    We're not a French team and Nathan White is a bigger man than Guilhem Guirado (or Pape). White will tell the hearing officer he wasn't badly hurt and McFadden will get a short(er than he deserves) ban.

Guirado didn't give evidence at Healy's hearing.

Bit racist there to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

NO I think he'd been brought on to replace White at that stage full stop

I think he was ironic

Guirado didn't give evidence at Healy's hearing.

Bit racist there to be honest.

Ah Guirado made a meal of it. To be fair, the shoe fits - not racist when it's all true imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

French rugby players are a race of their own don't ya know.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,195 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

The older French players get absolutely riled up by some of the Nancy Boy carry on in the Top 14. Can't even blame the foreigners coming in and ruining the game though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement