Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2016

Options
  • 15-10-2015 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭

As draws for the Munster championship have been made for next year we may as well start a new thread

Tipperary will play Cork in the quarter-final of the 2016 Munster Hurling Championship with the winners playing Limerick

Munster SFC
    Quarter-Finals:
    Tipperary v Waterford and Clare v Limerick
    Semi Finals
    Clare or Limerick v Kerry
    Tipperary or Waterford v Cork

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

As far as I know we play Cork in Thurles and if we beat them we play Limerick in Thurles in the semi also,I would presume that the Waterford V Clare game will also be played in Thurles.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

2016 Munster Under 21 & Minor Hurling/Football were drawn at tonight's Munster CCC meeting

Minor Football
    We play Cork in first round. Win and we play winner of losers playoff in the semi
    Kerry host Waterford and Clare host Limerick

Minor Hurling
    Limerick v Clare; Cork v Waterford; Tipperary v Cork or Waterford loser; S-F draw to avoid repeat pairings

U21 Football
    Clare v Cork, winners play Waterford; Tipperary v Kerry, winners play Limerick

U21 Hurling
    Limerick v Cork, winners v Tipperary; Waterford v Clare

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭jprboy

tippspur wrote: »
    As far as I know we play Cork in Thurles and if we beat them we play Limerick in Thurles in the semi also,I would presume that the Waterford V Clare game will also be played in Thurles.

Wouldn't be surprised if that was played in Limerick

Whoa jeez only after discovering this thread now :D

I was wondering why the 2015 thread was gone so quiet.

Co final day tomorrow (although shouldn't that be in the 2015 thread? Tut tut ;))

Can Nenagh cause a shock? Anyone at the football last week?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

The Lost Sheep, you'd best sleep with one eye open for the rest of the year after stealing TG's job!

• Advertisement

Ah now we won't resort to that, Its not Premierview ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Provisional league fixtures (apologies for any mistakes)

Hurling:
    13 Feb 7pm Tipp v Dublin
    21 Feb 2pm Kilkenny v Tipp
    6 Mar 2pm Tipp v Waterford
    13 Mar 2pm Galway v Tipp
    20 Mar 2pm Tipp v Cork

Football:
    31 Jan 2pm Limerick v Tipp
    7 Feb 2pm Tipp v Clare
    28 Feb 2pm Westmeath v Tipp
    6 Mar tbc Tipp v Offaly
    13 March 2pm Longford v Tipp
    26 March 7pm Tipp v Kildare
    3 April 3pm Sligo v Tipp

https://twitter.com/JohnFogartyIrl/status/643545813700997120

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

lads, would it not be an idea to close the old thread or suspend the new one?

digzy wrote: »

I'd second that. Suspend the new one until we are actually into 2016. loads of club games left in 2015 to discuss.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Suspend the Nrw One. Poll indicates that we might be in GAA in 2016.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Advertisement

Xenophile wrote: »
    Suspend the Nrw One. Poll indicates that we might be in GAA in 2016.

I'd agree with holding off on the new one but at the moment the polls are evenly divided. No overwhelming majorities as of yet. I'd say if it's to be decided it will be decided by a very small minority in favour and could swing either direction.

I'd second that. Suspend the new one until we are actually into 2016. loads of club games left in 2015 to discuss.
    Lads instead of questioning validness of thread on the forum. If ye feel thread shouldn't be open then report a post to bring it to attention of a mod.
    I don't see any problem with having a thread for 2016 open. To discuss potential changes to senior squad, who people would like added to squad. dropped etc

Lads instead of questioning validness of thread on the forum. If ye feel thread shouldn't be open then report a post to bring it to attention of a mod.
    I don't see any problem with having a thread for 2016 open. To discuss potential changes to senior squad, who people would like added to squad. dropped etc

Too early yet really. Those questions won't be answered until at least the national league throws in. With no actual games, the county is the last thing on my mind at the moment. And I think its all too easy to ask for call ups based on club form. Many have failed to meet the standard in the past despite being excellent for the club throughout the club championships.

We haven't even picked selectors yet despite the manager being in place a year, another complete joke. I was all on for continuity but only if the whole management were secured.

Too early yet really. Those questions won't be answered until at least the national league throws in. With no actual games, the county is the last thing on my mind at the moment. And I think its all too easy to ask for call ups based on club form. Many have failed to meet the standard in the past despite being excellent for the club throughout the club championships.

We haven't even picked selectors yet despite the manager being in place a year, another complete joke. I was all on for continuity but only if the whole management were secured.
    It isn't really too early to make any predictions and discuss changes. Its all going to be your opinion on who you would like added to squad/tried in new positions etc.

It isn't really too early to make any predictions and discuss changes. Its all going to be your opinion on who you would like added to squad/tried in new positions etc.

Think it will be a continuation of the previous regime tbh albeit with a man who doesn't even stand out enough in memory to be talked of in any detail by both Lar and Brendan Cummins in their respective books. He was either not liked or just blended in in the background

Not holding out any hope for Ryan. No selectors willing to come on board and he was ratified LAST YEAR. Another disaster upon us I fear.

Senior, u21/Junior and Minor coaching teams announced

http://tipperary.gaa.ie/tipperary-football-management-appointments/

And what was passed/discussed at recent county board meeting
    http://tipperary.gaa.ie/tipperary-championship-2016-motions/

Munster football manager Gerry O'Sullivan and his hurling counterpart Anthony Daly have revealed their squads for Saturday's inter-provincial semi-finals against Leinster in Newry and Pearse Stadium respectively.

We have 3 in football squad and 7 in hurling squad
    Football: Peter Acheson, Steven O’Brien, Michael Quinlivan
    Hurling: Padraic Maher(Captain), Cathal Barrett, James Barry, Kieran Bergin, Darren Gleeson, Patrick Maher, John O’Dwyer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Michael Quinlivan will hardly play as he is due to play with Clonmel Commercials against Tir Chonaill Gaels in London on Saturday 12th.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Munster football manager Gerry O'Sullivan and his hurling counterpart Anthony Daly have revealed their squads for Saturday's inter-provincial semi-finals against Leinster in Newry and Pearse Stadium respectively.

We have 3 in football squad and 7 in hurling squad
    Football: Peter Acheson, Steven O’Brien, Michael Quinlivan
    Hurling: Padraic Maher(Captain), Cathal Barrett, James Barry, Kieran Bergin, Darren Gleeson, Patrick Maher, John O’Dwyer

you'd have expected callanan on that.....maybe he's injured or 'politely declined'

Tipperary senior hurling squad for 2016

Goalkeepers: Darren Gleeson, Brian Hogan.
    Defenders: Cathal Barrett, James Barry, Conor O’Brien, Michael Cahill, Padraic Maher (vice-captain), Ronan Maher, Barry Heffernan, Michael Breen, Paddy Stapleton, John Meagher, Joe O’Dwyer, Liam Ryan, Seamus Kennedy, Tomas Hamill, Willie Ryan.
    Midfielders: Brendan Maher (captain), Kieran Bergin, Bill Maher, Daire Quinn, Joe Gallagher.
    Forwards: John O’Dwyer, Seamus Callanan, Niall O’Meara, Patrick Maher, Noel McGrath, Liam McGrath, John McGrath, Jason Forde, Gearoid Ryan, Adrian Ryan, Dan McCormack, Conor Kenny, Kieran Morris, Andrew Coffey, Sean Ryan, Sean Curran, Steven O’Brien, Dylan Fitzell.

Thoughts?

• Advertisement

Defenders: Cathal Barrett, James Barry, Conor O’Brien, Michael Cahill, Padraic Maher (vice-captain), Ronan Maher, Barry Heffernan, Michael Breen, Paddy Stapleton, John Meagher, Joe O’Dwyer, Liam Ryan, Seamus Kennedy, Tomas Hamill, Willie Ryan.
    Midfielders: Brendan Maher (captain), Kieran Bergin, Bill Maher, Daire Quinn, Joe Gallagher.
    Forwards: John O’Dwyer, Seamus Callanan, Niall O’Meara, Patrick Maher, Noel McGrath, Liam McGrath, John McGrath, Jason Forde, Gearoid Ryan, Adrian Ryan, Dan McCormack, Conor Kenny, Kieran Morris, Andrew Coffey, Sean Ryan, Sean Curran, Steven O’Brien, Dylan Fitzell.

Thoughts?

Good to see Ado Ryan get another crack at the whip. Fitzelle a strange one. He was barely turning out for his club from what i hear. No Tadhg Gallagher either.

Good to see Ado Ryan get another crack at the whip. Fitzelle a strange one. He was barely turning out for his club from what i hear. No Tadhg Gallagher either.
    Fitzelle would have to have been picked on club form as hasn't really made an impact with county sides in a few years...

Dave Moriarty and Ian Dowling, ex Munster rugby player, have been added to the back room team as S&C and physio respectively....

Fitzelle would have to have been picked on club form as hasn't really made an impact with county sides in a few years...

Dave Moriarty and Ian Dowling, ex Munster rugby player, have been added to the back room team as S&C and physio respectively....

Ian dowling?

Sounds like we could've a spy in the camp!

Ian dowling?

Sounds like we could've a spy in the camp!

Ah what are we at at all? :D A big O'loughlins man afaik and having met the Comerfords before i can tell you they are not that keen on Tipp.

Actually the football backroom they have been added to according to ET on 'last years' thread. Phew, sighs of reliefs all round :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Paddico

Thoughts?

Has Steven O Brien dropped the football?

Paddico wrote: »
    Has Steven O Brien dropped the football?
    Concentrating on hurling for 2016 unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 17,799 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Concentrating on hurling for 2016 unfortunately

Or fortunately, dual players are a thing of the past at the highest level.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Paddico

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Or fortunately, dual players are a thing of the past at the highest level.

No definitely unfortunate. A big loss loosing a player of Stevens calibre to the hurlers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

S O Brien, S Kennedy, B Maher....all huge losses to the football team

Advertisement