Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some Wrestling News & Rumours 2019 Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Raw scored a 2.21 rating on Monday, up 5 from 2.16
    http://www.wrestlingnews.co/wwe-raw-viewership-for-113015/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I'd imagine Danel Bryan would be chomping at the bit to come back and have a match then.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I'd imagine Danel Bryan would be chomping at the bit to come back and have a match then.

If what he says is true and that his doctors have cleared him it's very strange that WWE ain't brought him back, especially with the injuries there is now

Genuinely don't think he'll ever be back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

If what he says is true and that his doctors have cleared him it's very strange that WWE ain't brought him back, especially with the injuries there is now

I honestly feel there holding him back due to reigns push and a fear the crowd will again cheer for d bryan as the top man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

They don't want him "ruining" another Rumble.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

After hearing what Meltzer said on JRs podcast about Bryan, I don't think there is any hidden agenda here. WWEs top doctor, one of the best in the world and the man who saved Edge from being in a wheelchair, won't clear Bryan due to concussions. Since WWE have a lawsuit against them right now about their treatment of concussions, the last thing they are going to do is bring him back and risk him doing more damage to himself, because if something did happen, it would be an open and shut case against them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Totally agree with thebostoncrab. Theres no hidden agenda here against DB. He has had far too many concussions and with the lawsuit its just not a chance WWE need to be taking. And whether they are doing it for their own benefit or Bryans benefit isnt that important as they are protecting him from himself. He has openly stated he wont change his style to minimise the impact on his body.

The last I remember reading about his clearance was DB's doc cleared him, the WWE doc wont clear him so they reached an agreement to get a third final opinion and whatever he decides both sides would honour his decision. The doc was I think the Atlanta Falcons team doc so he would know all about concussions. I havnt seen anything online since mentioning what his decision was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Is this the same Doctor that is suing Punk?

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Nah, it'll be a Neurologist I assume.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Jon Stark wrote: »
    Is this the same Doctor that is suing Punk?

No, I think that's Doc Amann IIRC. He's just a run of the mill medic from what I gather. Dr. Maroon, who's been the one stopping Bryan from returning (and rightly so) is a world class neurosurgeon. What he says about Bryan, is the absolute best course of action for his health, not WWE's agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

LeeJM wrote: »
    Totally agree with thebostoncrab. Theres no hidden agenda here against DB. He has had far too many concussions and with the lawsuit its just not a chance WWE need to be taking. And whether they are doing it for their own benefit or Bryans benefit isnt that important as they are protecting him from himself. He has openly stated he wont change his style to minimise the impact on his body.

The last I remember reading about his clearance was DB's doc cleared him, the WWE doc wont clear him so they reached an agreement to get a third final opinion and whatever he decides both sides would honour his decision. The doc was I think the Atlanta Falcons team doc so he would know all about concussions. I havnt seen anything online since mentioning what his decision was.
    That is where it was at in October. The lack of any news is interesting. I've said it for a while but I think ultimately he ends up leaving and wrestling elsewhere when his contract is up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Monokne wrote: »
    That is where it was at in October. The lack of any news is interesting. I've said it for a while but I think ultimately he ends up leaving and wrestling elsewhere when his contract is up.

This is a very real option. And if WWE dont clear him I do think he goes back to RoH or NJPW cos he doesnt wanna give it up.

But if he is able to compete and WWE do clear him I hope they dont announce it. I want them to use it in an angle. Either have him about to do the Edge retirement speech and a heel interupts him and takes him out to build to a huge PPV match or have him as a total surprise return. Do everything in their power to keep his presence at the arena quiet. Both of those scenarios would be instant classic moments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I just hope they aren't thick enough to bring him back at the Rumble, only to have him loose again.

IF he comes back at the Rumble, wins it, the crowd reaction would be ****ing amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,918 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

"Who will be the entrant at number 24?" 20 secs before the clock runs out "Ladies and Gentlemen, please get ready to welcome back Daniel Bryan!"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

If they spoiled the surprise literally 20 seconds before it was due to happen, I'm pretty confident that would be the single dumbest thing I've ever seen WWE do. At least since they put the belt on Big Ginge anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I just hope they aren't thick enough to bring him back at the Rumble, only to have him loose again.

IF he comes back at the Rumble, wins it, the crowd reaction would be ****ing amazing.

I hope they aren't thick enough to have him lose again, they hopefully will let him loose again though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,918 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

In order to win the Rumble, wouldn't it mean having to get through Cena? Isn't he due back about then?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,191 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

If Bryan returns it will be the night after mania.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,136 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

DM_7 wrote: »
    If Bryan returns it will be the night after mania.

Reigns having a big confetti celebration after winning the title at Wrestlemania, post-Mania Raw crowd shítting all over it, then...

Pandemonium.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Pentecost

J. Marston wrote: »
    Reigns having a big confetti celebration after winning the title at Wrestlemania, post-Mania Raw crowd shítting all over it, then...

Pandemonium.

DB eats a Superman punch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Daniel Bryan throws over John Cena out of the ring to win the rumble crowd is going crazy chanting yes , out from the crowd comes new WWE champion Roman Reigns (having beaten Sheamus earlier) hits Daniel Bryan with a superman punch, Crowd goes silent , Reigns picks up a mic and shouts no at the downed Bryan and poses with the title

What a Feud you've got on you're hands for WM with the WWE Title on the line

• Registered Users Posts: 23,136 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Daniel Bryan throws over John Cena out of the ring to win the rumble crowd is going crazy chanting yes , out from the crowd comes new WWE champion Roman Reigns (having beaten Sheamus earlier) hits Daniel Bryan with a superman punch, Crowd goes silent , Reigns picks up a mic and shouts no at the downed Bryan and poses with the title

What a Feud you've got on you're hands for WM with the WWE Title on the line

Oh, I like that more than my one. But instead of Reigns shouting "No!" he should just say it once.

Book it, Vince.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Yea thats what I meant just shout it once towards Bryan , and you build it off reality , Reigns being jealous of Bryan popularity easy bookable really

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Reigns could actually be a massive heel with little tweaking. But they don't have or have shown no interest in developing another Cena-type company man face apart from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Don't even shout no on the mic. Have him stand over him looking all brooding and whatnot, get a close-up and have him mouth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I don't think we've seen the last of him, but I think we probably SHOULD have already.

Date for the next Stone Cold Podcast on the WWE Network revealed

http://www.wrestlingnews.co/date-for-the-next-stone-cold-podcast-on-the-wwe-network-revealed/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Date for the next Stone Cold Podcast on the WWE Network revealed

http://www.wrestlingnews.co/date-for-the-next-stone-cold-podcast-on-the-wwe-network-revealed/
    This one is pre recorded as is the next one with Ric Flair. It's a shame too. Takes some of the spontaneity out of it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement