Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kodi Android TV Streaming Box [Livingsocial + wetek group]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

https://www.paypal.com/ie/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-receiving-fees-outside
    Sending money (personal payments)

It's always free to send money to friends and family when you use your PayPal balance or bank account. Fees apply only if the sender uses a credit or debit card, or if you receive any payment for goods or services. There are also:

So, could I put the cash in my paypal account from my debit card and then send it?
    It's €0.35c + 3.4% otherwise.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I'm still prepared to organise getting in 12 of these if people are interested, the way I see it, we would be getting a decent box with good support behind it for a little over €60. We'd need to get the ball rolling on this now thou if we want to get them at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭Invincible

Aquos76 wrote: »
    I'm still prepared to organise getting in 12 of these if people are interested, the way I see it, we would be getting a decent box with good support behind it for a little over €60. We'd need to get the ball rolling on this now thou if we want to get them at that price.

Deal is on until 29th, so this afternoon should be time enough.

Yeah but obviously we've to wait to all 12 people or possibly 24 people to come on line and send the money to whoever is ordering them before an order can be placed.

Yeah but obviously we've to wait to all 12 people or possibly 24 people to come on line and send the money to whoever is ordering them before an order can be placed.

I'll top up my account tomorrow and send on the money to whoever is going with the P-Motel option, just too much of a lottery on receiving the correct tuner option through DPD, when they're are variations being ordered. Are you going with the Parcel Motel? €54 + €4.50 ?

• Advertisement

Yeah, do we have a fixed price?

The spreadsheet can be altered by the three people taking payments for paypal and can colour code each person when they have paid?

Allyall wrote: »
    Yeah, do we have a fixed price?

The spreadsheet can be altered by the three people taking payments for paypal and can colour code each person when they have paid?

Why do you ask, was there a change in price expected from what we knew earlier?

Invincible wrote: »
    Why do you ask, was there a change in price expected from what we knew earlier?

I disappeared for an hour+ earlier, I skimmed back over the bits, I didn't see a final price. Including shipping method?
    Or did I miss it? I must have, what's the €4.50 paypal method?

EDIT - Okay, I see it.

What about Post Office?
    Dropping 11 consoles to local Post Office with addresses on them? I could do that. Need post prices though.

I disappeared for an hour+ earlier, I skimmed back over the bits, I didn't see a final price. Including shipping method?
    Or did I miss it? I must have, what's the €4.50 paypal method?

EDIT - Okay, I see it.

What about Post Office?
    Dropping 11 consoles to local Post Office with addresses on them? I could do that. Need post prices though.

I think from posting before, tablet and HRM on separate occasions, they charged €7 for tracked delivery.
    Some of the lad's said €4.50 would be P-Motel charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭gillamandango

I don't care how its done, am ready to send paypal amount to whoever is ordering the 12. I am not online all the time, so count me in to whatever method is decided upon. Thanks again to all organising

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,950 ✭✭✭dodzy

Ok guys, let's kick this off.

I'm taking 2 so I need 10 more (minimum). So the first 10 pm's to me will receive my PayPal address. If 10 names want more than 10 boxes combined, that's fine. Its going to be 62€ each (per box):

€54- box
    €6.10- registered signed for post (packet) - I'll cover the 10c cause I'm nice;)
    €2- large Jiffy bag

If you are ordering more than 2, then delivery will be €11 ( parcel rate)

Each pm should contain:

Your name & address
    Qty ordered
    Tuner type

Remember, if the funds are in your PayPal account or coming from your bank account, there are no charges. If your PayPal balance is zero and you have your card linked (either debit or credit ), then there will be an approx charge of 2.40 on top of this. Please ensure that this is covered. I will get the boxes to my house and break them down and pack/reg post to my list. This will be the quickest delivery method and I will ensure prompt correct model and quantity dispatch. I'll keep the thread updated with progress.

Let the games commence :)

I'm working all day but will pop in periodically

Edit: it is possible that interest might have dropped and we won't need multiple members to take batch responsibility but time will tell.

Ok, what I'll do, is I'll take the €54 euro first to cover the cost of the purchase, then once they come I'll contact each person individually and see what way they want it sent to them, I can do either ParcelMotel or via registered post.

So once I have 11 people pm me I'll with go ahead and order them. Make sure you specify which model you want ordered in your pm to me also.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Just saw this looks like a good deal I think I'd be up for ordering 2 just need to decide what tuners

Lads does this have an ir extension so I can put it behind the tv?

Lads does this have an ir extension so I can put it behind the tv?

Remote is RF/IR combo with air mouse feature so should not need line of sight i.e you can hide it

• Registered Users Posts: 47 ks44

Lads I put myself down for two of these yesterday. Then got called in for 12hr shift so just bringing myself up to date.
    I'm just looking for a box for friends that I can put kodi on it for movies, etc and it will run smoothly. Not to bothered about tuners.
    Is this still a good choice or am I better just buying different box off amazon or something?

Sorry if these questions are going to piss anyone off!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭celt262

Late to party also can someone post link to these boxes very interested in getting one for tv in kitchen.

http://linux-tv.com/receiver/wetek-play-review/

http://www.wetekplay.co.uk/product.html

See post #342 for details and cost

Offer closes to public for batch buys at end of tomorrow but ideally I'd like to place orders tomorrow morning do rather that wait till last minute, please place orders ADAP so we can get it all sorted.

Well worth watching this - http://openelec.tv/ for €53.99

If not least, for their forums and improvements.
    They were slow to start, but prove how important/valuable support is.

To previous poster, this is original link.

Aqous76, I've received 2 pms. How are you doing?

• Advertisement

I've just received the one so far

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭wallaby72

dodzy, just pm'd my details. Much appreciated for doing this.

A query about Paypal, I assume if the funds aren't already in your Paypal account it's too late to transfer them as it will take a few days for the SEPA transfer from a bank account?
    Not a problem in this case as I'll just pay with the attached card for this.
    Thanks

dodzy wrote: »
    Remote is RF/IR combo with air mouse feature so should not need line of sight i.e you can hide it

Perfect sounds like this will do in the kitchen, I'll get one T2 anyway is it handy enough stream the other channels from an enigma2 tuner?

I'll pm in a bit may need a second dvbs2 as well

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Dozy, I've got your pm back. Having just seen your post, should I wait for a while to make sure you are going to get the required number of people to put order in before sending 62 euro to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭brainiac

Given that I actually don't think I'll need the tuner, can anyone recommend a good 8GB / 2GB with decent Wi-Fi strength for a similar price that could be here by Christmas?

I'm up to 4 now, I'll wait to reply to all PM's once I get the 12 if that's ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 drewy16

Think I'll bow out lads. Don't really need the sat tuner so I'll look for a higher specd box instead. Sorry for any hassle

Can text funds also if that's an option for you lads no fees and you just load the money into your visa straight away.

jm08 wrote: »
    Dozy, I've got your pm back. Having just seen your post, should I wait for a while to make sure you are going to get the required number of people to put order in before sending 62 euro to you?

No, go for it. I'm up to 7, plus 2 for me so that's 9. We will get there for sure. Anybody interested, it's 62 all in plus any PayPal fees. PM name, address, qty, tuner preference. I'll reply with my PayPal details. I'll do a wrap up later on to all folks just to confirm. For the moment, pardon my ignorance, I'm just replying with my PayPal address in between painting a kitchen diner!

• Advertisement

I'll withdraw from this too.
    Already have 5 satellite options here, no need for more.

@ Allyall, if you're going after a higher spec box without tuner for group buy, let me know.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement